7/14/2014 - 12-Night Mediterranean Cruise (with Greece) Venice to Barcelona

Cam, I think the late lunch suggestion was in response to finding a restaurant open early for dinner, at least, that is how I took it. I think the early dinner idea is good, you just might not find anything open before 7pm, but if you can find something open earlier, so much the better, we just may have to settle for a 7pm dinner. Good luck in the restaurant search, and thanks for the work I know you will have to put in to pull this off.

I know that Gus and probably others may want to watch the World Cup Final that Sunday evening, and I want to be certain we are considerate of that in booking a restaurant reservation. It looks like many of the restaurant websites indicate what time they serve breakfast, lunch, tea time, dinner, and late night desserts and apertifs.

I will let you all know what I find out once I have time to research, which won't be for a week or two. We are headed to WDW for marathon weekend this Thursday.

Cam - have fun at marathon weekend, we have not been going then since Scott can no longer run since knee replacement surgery, (I was never a runner, I walked all the races, and we could still do them walking, but Scott would want to run). We do make it to DL for the half and scream team there, sometimes volunteering.

We stayed at the renaissance last summer pre and post. In case anyone is staying in Barcelona and wants to go to Montserrat the day we disembark, we did that last summer. We did I it our own, but I wish we had booked a DCL post cruise excursion. We had to catch a transfer to the renaissance, check in, take the subway to the train station, and then take the train out to Montserrat. The DCL excursion that drops you off at the Renaissance would be so much better.

We're flying back the same day since we've been to Barcelona a couple of times now. In Venice we'll be there for 3 days which I'm really excited about.

copied from my facebook post re Montserrat post disembarkation,

We cruised to Venice from Barcelona last year, here's what we did when we got off the ship. They met us as we disembarked and we had a great tour of Montserratt before being returned near our hotels. They kept our luggage safe in the van while we toured. We shared the tour with 2 other couples. Half day tour, Montserrat only

We could not/did not do the DCL tour as we were not staying in a DCL hotel post cruise.

Submission from BarcelonaDayTours.com --- Montserrat and Cava Tour

Hola! Thank you for contacting us.

My name is Emilia and I am happy to confirm that we can do the Montserrat/Cava shore excursion for you on July 9th.

For your shore excursion from Barcelona we are happy to offer you 2 options:

(1) Private tour for just the 2 of you -

* 129 Euros per person for the half day tour (5 hours)

* 189 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit to a Cava winery (8 hours)

--OR

(2) Semi-private tour in a small group of only 4-12 persons (if you wish to do this tour then you can sign up right away as we will have the minimum persons required to guarantee the full day tour!) -

* 69 Euros per person for the half day tour (5 hours)

* 89 Euros per person for the full day tour with a visit to a Cava winery (8 hours)

On our shore excursion you can expect:

* Personal pick-up at the start of the tour

* Personal drop-off at the end of the tour - city/port

* Touring in a new, comfortable and air-conditioned van

* If the group is up to 7 persons - touring with an English speaking driver-guide

* If the group is 8-12 persons - touring with a driver + English speaking guide

* Flexible and accommodating service

* High quality and personal experience

The price includes, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, driver-guide (or driver and guide), admission to the site of Montserrat, admission to the Cava visit, and all taxes. You will have time to explore the place and take photos and if you wish to do the full day trip you will also get a chance to discover the largest Cava producer in Spain (winery) and taste the Catalan version of the French Champagne. This is a great way to travel and I am sure you will be very happy with your decision to tour with us!

We will secure your luggage inside the vehicle during the tour. J

If you are interested in reserving shore excursions in other ports, we are happy to recommend the following companies:

In Spain and Portugal - see all our shore excursions on www.SpainDayTours.com

In Italy: www.RomeinLimo.com

In Israel: www.GuidedToursIsrael.com

In Egypt: www.RamsesTours.com

Spain Day Tours
www.spaindaytours.com
Join us for wonderful day trips in beautiful Spain. We operate top quality day tours at affordable prices from Madrid, Barcelona and South Spain!

Wait... what??? That and drinks sound infinitely awesome to me! :D

It will be a fun night, for sure!

Cam - have fun at marathon weekend, we have not been going then since Scott can no longer run since knee replacement surgery, (I was never a runner, I walked all the races, and we could still do them walking, but Scott would want to run). We do make it to DL for the half and scream team there, sometimes volunteering.

Thank you, Lynn! Looking forward to the warmer temps this weekend, that is for certain! I think I have now torn the meniscus in my right knee, as well as re-injuring my left knee (on which I've had 3 surgeries), so I think my half-marathon days are numbered. I have an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday morning. Whether I do a 10K and half-marathon before I see him is still up in the air. :rotfl:

Linda - That information is very helpful. Thank you!

lol...you are so right!!! We leave in two weeks for Hawaii!!! Going to the Pro Bowl and to warm up some...:beach:

(I just posted this on our Facebook group, but wanted to post it here for those not on Facebook).

I just looked up how many ships (as of now) will be at each of the ports with the Disney Magic (including the port load, ie, total number of possible passengers). This might be useful for planning, especially the ports with more ships in, if you are planning to do private excursions, you may want to book those sooner than later because the good companies will get booked up fast. But, it's nice to know there are a couple of the Greek Islands where we'll be the only ship in port. Of course, I am sure the number of ships in the ports can change between now and then, but this is the schedule as of now:

July 14 – VENICE - Disney Magic, Costa Fascinosa, Arcadia, Thomson Majesty, Regal Princess, Star Pride (port load – 13,504)
July 15 - sea
July 16 - sea
July 17 - PIRAEUS (ATHENS): Disney Magic, MSC Fantasia, Regal Princess (port load – 10,059)
July 18 - KUSADASI (EPHESUS): Disney Magic, Nieuw Amsterdam, Regal Princess (port load – 8,204)
July 19 - RHODES: Disney Magic (port load – 2,500)
July 20 - HERAKLION (CRETE): Disney Magic (port load – 2.500)
July 21 - MYKONOS: Disney Magic, MSC Armonia, Celebrity Reflection (port load – 7,617)
July 22 - SANTORINI: Disney Magic, MSC Armonia, Celebrity Reflection (port load – 7,617)
July 23 - sea
July 24 - MALTA (VALETTA): Disney Magic, Costa neoRiviera (port load – 4,200)
July 25 – sea
July 26 – BARCELONA: Disney Magic (port load - 2500)

lol...you are so right!!! We leave in two weeks for Hawaii!!! Going to the Pro Bowl and to warm up some...:beach:

Warm up some ? ! Really, did y'all get some of our 32 below ? ! We didn't have to go see Frozen, we have been living it. :sad2:

Warm up some ? ! Really, did y'all get some our 32 below ? ! We didn't have to go see Frozen, we have been living it. :sad2:

ok.....;) No it wasn't 32 below but it was cold for us here in Sunny California...below freezing for over a week, no rain in almost 2 months! Everything is either dead from the freeze or from the lack of water..
Our lakes are drying up and they provide our water to almost the whole state....
sorry it was so cold at your home....
my family left upstate New York to get away from the snow and cold....and I'm glad they did!
Hawaii is looking good to me...:cool1:

ok.....;) No it wasn't 32 below but it was cold for us here in Sunny California...below freezing for over a week, no rain in almost 2 months! Everything is either dead from the freeze or from the lack of water..
Our lakes are drying up and they provide our water to almost the whole state....
sorry it was so cold at your home....
my family left upstate New York to get away from the snow and cold....and I'm glad they did!
Hawaii is looking good to me...:cool1:

Too bad we can't give you our rain and we can take your dry weather (even if it's cold). LOL! I think Seattle is hogging all the rain from you guys... it's been verrry veryrrr wet and gray here, but that is normal for us this time of year. Have fun in Hawaii! That sounds like a good place to be now. :)

Good plan for them to have left NY for the cold, wish we had done the same. :moped: Also hope you have a great time in Hawaii :cloud9:

OK, flights all set - Leave Minneapolis on Thursday the 10th arrive Venice Friday the 11th. Fly back the afternoon we dock in Barcelona. :yay: Pretty worried we were not going to be able to get a flight same day Barcelona but found something to work :magnify:

Time to plan tours, has anyone already set up special shore excursions ?

Hi Everyone,
Finally getting around to joining the thread for our upcoming Greek Isles cruise. We were on the Magic in July 2007 when she did the Western Med from Barcelona round trip, and then again in 2010 on Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo in July. We're really looking forward to sailing the Med again and especially excited about the Greek Isles. :wave2:

Our party consists of myself-Sandy and my DH - Gary. We are in stateroom #6138 and we would like to be added to the FE list as well. We've had our reservations made since June 2013 and our air shortly thereafter. We are flying into Venice and arrive July 12th. I just made our hotel reservations this week while being snowed and frozen in the deep thaw here in Michigan. :beach: Can't wait for some sand and sun!

I look forward to getting acquainted during the next 5 months or so till we sail :) I see I need to update my profile a bit, so be patient with me.

Hello everyone:goodvibes

My DH and I have booked this cruise, and the two of us are looking forward to more Magic in the Mediterranean.pixiedust:

We would like to sign up for FE. So far we are GTY.

So, now I need to catch up with all the posts. I did notice there is a facebook group. Unfortunately, I do not facebook so I would appreciate a heads up now and again.::yes::

See ya reeal soon!:smickey:

Diane

Hello everyone:goodvibes

My DH and I have booked this cruise, and the two of us are looking forward to more Magic in the Mediterranean.pixiedust:

We would like to sign up for FE. So far we are GTY.

So, now I need to catch up with all the posts. I did notice there is a facebook group. Unfortunately, I do not facebook so I would appreciate a heads up now and again.::yes::

See ya reeal soon!:smickey:

Diane

Diane, Welcome to the group!

Welcome to all our new DISers on this thread. I am really excited at the prospect of planning this trip now that WDW marathon weekend is behind us. This is our next big trip and I feel as if I am way behind in planning. My goal now is to do one thing for the cruise every single day between now and when we leave, even if it is only working on our packing lists or to-do lists or researching tours, etc.

Diane

Hi Diane,

I don't FB either so you have company. :D I've got a link in my sig to a bunch of information in a post ages ago if that hopes. Welcome to the group!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter