7/13/2016 Magic Copenhagen to Dover Geothermal Cruise

Hi all! We are confirmed since booking opened and just decided to look for a cruise meet! So excited!
Name
Disboards name: NYKaren and first name:Karen
Family: Traveling with DH Greg and DS Tyler (15 at cruise time)
Home town
: Staten Island, NY
Something about you:
New Yorkers and this is our first trip to Europe!
How many DCL cruises: This will be #3 (NYC to Halifax, Alaska were previous cruises)

I'm also from Staten Island -- Eltingville! But I've been in CA for years. We are also booked on this cruise and have a 12 yr old son.

What is everyone planning in Bergen? I notice that the Norwegian ports do not have a lot of outside excursions from private companies geared to cruisers. The Disney Port Adventures that are currently posted look interesting, but are too long for our port time, which looks like it's just 5.5 hours. I would love to see the Hardangerfjord, but it doesn't seem possible. It seems like Bergen is potentially the most "fjordy" of the ports? But not if we don't have time to go see them.

Oslo seems easy enough to do on our own, but having a tough time with Bergen and Kristiansand (wanting to do more than just wander around the town if possible).

What is everyone planning in Bergen? I notice that the Norwegian ports do not have a lot of outside excursions from private companies geared to cruisers. The Disney Port Adventures that are currently posted look interesting, but are too long for our port time, which looks like it's just 5.5 hours. I would love to see the Hardangerfjord, but it doesn't seem possible. It seems like Bergen is potentially the most "fjordy" of the ports? But not if we don't have time to go see them.

Oslo seems easy enough to do on our own, but having a tough time with Bergen and Kristiansand (wanting to do more than just wander around the town if possible).

Yes.

Oslo, I have been there before on the Disney Magic we dock in / close to the centre of the city, directly opposite the Akershus fortress, you can go directly there, or to the city, an Oslo city pass will give you included access to many sites and free transport on the good public transport. I have booked a guide there.

Now yes we have funny early hours port times st the next two ports. Bergen the long port adventures can't run, but again we are close to the city, you can walk it, or go up the Funicular railway up to Mount Floyen for excellent views of the city and the inlet, a regular train service.

Kristiansand we again are close to town, you can get boat trips around the islands there.

If you haven't done so, book with Extreme Iceland for the three days there, they are very good and fir maximum enjoyment small groups is best. Scotland the two stops private tours are either booked up or close to being booked up already.

Yes.

Now yes we have funny early hours port times st the next two ports. Bergen the long port adventures can't run, but again we are close to the city, you can walk it, or go up the Funicular railway up to Mount Floyen for excellent views of the city and the inlet, a regular train service.
Did you say you had booked a helicopter tour from there? I honestly could not find any kind of excursion that meets up with our port times. There is one that goes to the Hardangerfjord (it may be part of the Norway in a Nutshell itinerary?) but it is an all day affair. I will check out the funicular. Maybe the views from there will be "fjordy" enough for me. :-)

Kristiansand we again are close to town, you can get boat trips around the islands there.
I have emailed the tourist information folks about finding a boat trip, but haven't heard back. I couldn't find a website for any independent operators.

If you haven't done so, book with Extreme Iceland for the three days there, they are very good and fir maximum enjoyment small groups is best. Scotland the two stops private tours are either booked up or close to being booked up already.
We are actually going to rent a minivan and drive around in Iceland. I think we will do the same in Scotland. I just can't find a minivan for rent in Invergordon!

This is turning out to be the trickiest cruise logistics-wise for us yet. I'm getting frustrated and anxious! (and that's not the way I want to feel since this is such an awesome itinerary!)

For a helicopter in Bergen email ashild@fonnafly.no. I do not think they can run the long tours, but the tour operators will offer something. Some have to connect with railways and that may be an issue. Iceland if you self drive your brave, it's baron and rugged and I like the comfort of drivers who know the area with support so if a car breaks down they can sort it all out. For Invergoran email admin@invernesstours.com

Thanks for the info, Disney Fantasy. I have sent out some emails. My husband is a pretty fearless driver (we've driven everywhere from Malta to Bosnia to Paris to New York City), so we will probably stick with our plan to rent a vehicle in Iceland. I will buy the extra coverage, though! ;)

Thanks for the info, Disney Fantasy. I have sent out some emails. My husband is a pretty fearless driver (we've driven everywhere from Malta to Bosnia to Paris to New York City), so we will probably stick with our plan to rent a vehicle in Iceland. I will buy the extra coverage, though! ;)
My dad went to Iceland a lot in the past, and said its open, baron and people get lost a lot there , so just take care,

We just paid our deposit for this cruise! So excited!
Traveling... Me (Kellie) and my husband (Tom) our 18 yo daughter, my mom and dad.
We are from Virginia, and my mom and dad are from Louisiana. this will me my 7th Disney cruise, all but one on the "Magic"
Our last cruise was the first summer of the Baltic Capitals cruise.
Let the planning begin!

We just paid our deposit for this cruise! So excited!
Traveling... Me (Kellie) and my husband (Tom) our 18 yo daughter, my mom and dad.
We are from Virginia, and my mom and dad are from Louisiana. this will me my 7th Disney cruise, all but one on the "Magic"
Our last cruise was the first summer of the Baltic Capitals cruise.
Let the planning begin!
Welcome Kellie and Tom and also Merry Christmas, you join us as we get towards 200 days pre cruise. You will be aware we have a very active cruise meets for this cruise, I think you have found it.

The Baltic cruises is fantastic, we have been twice before with DCL, and this is our 13th Cruise. We took have been on the Magic the most but have been on the Wonder and Fantasy as well.

Hello Disney Cruisers,
I have been searching the thread for info on the fish extender for our upcoming cruise on the Magic in July of 2016. I have read the policy and understand that you can only discuss the fish extender in our current DIS discussions. So the question is: Do we have a Fish Extender started? I agree with the current policy as some of the social media sites are not what they seem so I steer clear of them. Even the big FB. I sincerely hope that we can start seeing something in our thread about a FE start up. Thank you.

Team Balaton

{content removed by a moderator}

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I guess I will have to figure something else out. I choose not to have a ***** account. I find it hard to steer my kids away from social media if I am doing it myself. We have done the FE in the past and it was an amazing experience. My kids love that aspect of the cruise.

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter