7/13/13 ~~ Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

GREAT idea about a planning thread for our cruise!!

Well flying to Paris this year on Air Transat is about $4000 cheaper than flying direct to Barcelona and there are lots of cheap flights from paris to barcelona so we might do that. Also, my boys have all done french immersion and are keen to spend time in Paris. My thought is to spend some time in Paris, fly to Barcelona,spend a couple of days there, then on the way back try a couple of days in Disneyland Paris. This depends on whether we can afford all that for a family of 5. Trying to get some info on DLP but the site is hard and I feel rather overwhelmed with everything. Sigh. I think there should be a med planning thread where all of us can share our ideas about our planning, and this thread where we can be more specific and meet those on our cruise.

I've been following a few threads that are Med-planning related. I'm sure there are more.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868717

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868221

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2869097

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868499

Well flying to Paris this year on Air Transat is about $4000 cheaper than flying direct to Barcelona and there are lots of cheap flights from paris to barcelona so we might do that. Also, my boys have all done french immersion and are keen to spend time in Paris. My thought is to spend some time in Paris, fly to Barcelona,spend a couple of days there, then on the way back try a couple of days in Disneyland Paris. This depends on whether we can afford all that for a family of 5. Trying to get some info on DLP but the site is hard and I feel rather overwhelmed with everything. Sigh. I think there should be a med planning thread where all of us can share our ideas about our planning, and this thread where we can be more specific and meet those on our cruise.
I feel the same way about the Disneyland Paris website, it was overwhelming and confusing. I ordered the Unofficial Guidebook to Disneyland Paris from amazon over the weekend, hoping that provides better clarification (I've used that guide's WDW version and liked it). Also have my TA to rely on streamlining everything for me, but I still want to get a better grasp on it myself. Mainly, ballpark idea of how much 3 days there will cost me. The website had a very confusing chart of costs and it looks like they charge a single supplement there too, before you know it US hotels will do the same thing, ouch. And it looked to me (but I could be wrong) that you have to get a package that includes tickets for EACH night of your stay, not less- so if I book 3 nights (planning to only spend 2 days in parks, 1 for each, since the first day flying up from Barcelona will be wasted), i still have to pay for 3 day tickets.

Hopefully it will all work out though because I really, really want to experience a foreign Disney park. I stopped in Tokyo for about 24 hours on the way to my Australia/New Zealand trip last year, did a brief 1/2 day tour of the city while there, and while on the bus back to the airport, I was asleep and then randomly woke up and we were passing by Tokyo Disneyland, it was so weird looking out and seeing the space mountain and tops of big thunder mountain out there!!

Yes it looks like DLP hotels include breakfast and tickets. I'm not sure how many days I need. If I go directly there after Barcelona, perhaps two days in the parks are enough. With a family of 5 it looks like if we want to use a disney hotel, the cheapest way is to stay at the Santa Fe and get two rooms. I've estimated for this year for 2 nights and 3 park days it will be about $1200. That's not so bad if I'm actually calculating it right. My son turns 12 on the cruise and I think there is a bit of a discount for under 12 so we may have to go before the cruise. Wherever we can save money, we will! Just worried about jet lag as there is a 9 hour time difference! Eureka. So much to decide. Feel overwhelmed! And I still have my NY trip to worry about first (but I feel like that one is under control).

Now if I could only win the lottery and if my mother's cancer is gone, I would be a happy camper!

we are also on the NY trip my 5 and my parents

I live under 60m north of NYC so this will be easy!!

Husband John & I (Jackie) will also be joining you. We cruised on the Magic in 2007 to the Med. What a trip... This is be our 13th Disney cruise. :banana:

Just the 2 of us: John (62) and Jackie (61)
We live in Napa Valley California.
Main dining
Stateroom 6647

Looking forward to a MAGICAL voyage of a lifetime, exploring new places and making new friends!

:thumbsup2 Jackie

:cool1::cool1:Welcome Aboard rocknspots! You have been added to our Roll Call!:cool1::cool1:

That's weird. I have no idea how this post got entered in before rocknspots' initial one. Something strange is going on out there in cyberspace....

Danielle,

I recognize your Disname. Were you on the July 28, 2007 Romancing the Mouse Med or the Baltic Ballyhoo in July 2010?

Maryann

We were on the 7/7/07 Med and 7/18/10 Baltic. I do recognize your Disname too. I think you have a mutal friend, Andrew, on FB too?
:yay::yay:Welcome Aboard!! You've been added to our roll call!:yay::yay:

I assumed in your roll call entry that Keegan is a DD but if I've got it wrong I will switch it on the roll call to a DS! And sorry in advance if I made the wrong assumption! I'm lame with names. :)

Keegan's a male but that's okay for the error. I've met one female Keegan before, so I know it can be either a girl/boy name. We wanted something Irish and not too common so we gave him a name we'd never known anyone to have--- and there's 3 Keegan's in his grade. Brennan is a boy too. I've actually met a girl named Brennan on DCL before. She even had the same 1st initial of her last name. We thought his name was also not too common, but he has 2 other younger Brennan's on his elementary wrestling team.

We were on the 7/7/07 Med and 7/18/10 Baltic. I do recognize your Disname too.

Keegan's a male but that's okay for the error. I've met one female Keegan before, so I know it can be either a girl/boy name. We wanted something Irish and not too common so we gave him a name we'd never known anyone to have--- and there's 3 Keegan's in his grade. Brennan is a boy too. I've actually met a girl named Brennan on DCL before. She even had the same 1st initial of her last name. We thought his name was also not too common, but he has 2 other younger Brennan's on his elementary wrestling team.

OK, I'll make the change on the roll call. Sorry about that! One of our girls is named Skye and she gets frustrated when people thinks she is a boy. And she is even more frustrated when it is spelled like the sky above instead of the isle in Scotland.

OK, I'll make the change on the roll call. Sorry about that! One of our girls is named Skye and she gets frustrated when people thinks she is a boy. And she is even more frustrated when it is spelled like the sky above instead of the isle in Scotland.

No problem! I like the name Skye! My mother is from Greenock, Scotland and we've been to Scotland numerous times. The Isle of Skye is really beautiful.

No problem! I like the name Skye! My mother is from Greenock, Scotland and we've been to Scotland numerous times. The Isle of Skye is really beautiful.

We have a 14 1/2 yr old female Persian Cat named Skye. Just thought I would add that-LOL :cat: It is an unusual name. LOVE IT!
My daughter named her that from the American Indian character named Skye from the Puzzle Place years ago :)

I'm so happy to see so many people on our cruise and joining the FE. This is going to be a great cruise.
For those of you going to DLP, ride the Crush ride if you like spinning coasters. It's a blast :) we're trying to decide if we're going back to DLP or touring Barcelona before the cruise. Btw 15 of the 30 cabins are on Deck 6....woohoo deck sixers!!
Deepirate:

Tinkerbelltwins,

Please remove us from the roll call. We cancelled today. The 12 days is just too long for us. We moved our DCL reservation to a Dream cruise at the very end of 2013 (and we're waiting to see what the Wonder and Magic will be doing between Christmas and New Years). We're booked on the Norwegian Epic for a 7-night eastern Med cruise leaving Barcelona 7-14-13. We got two upper deck connecting balcony cabins for about the cost of one of Category 9B oceanview cabins. The Epic has some great outdoor facilities that we think our girls will like, and the shorter cruise will enable us to go to Disneyland Paris at the end. So we'll still have a Disney experience in Europe! You all have a great time, and maybe we'll see you in the Med!

John (2disneydads)

Tinkerbelltwins,

Please remove us from the roll call. We cancelled today. The 12 days is just too long for us. We moved our DCL reservation to a Dream cruise at the very end of 2013 (and we're waiting to see what the Wonder and Magic will be doing between Christmas and New Years). We're booked on the Norwegian Epic for a 7-night eastern Med cruise leaving Barcelona 7-14-13. We got two upper deck connecting balcony cabins for about the cost of one of Category 9B oceanview cabins. The Epic has some great outdoor facilities that we think our girls will like, and the shorter cruise will enable us to go to Disneyland Paris at the end. So we'll still have a Disney experience in Europe! You all have a great time, and maybe we'll see you in the Med!

John (2disneydads)

Ok. Have a great cruise on the Epic and wonderful time at DLP afterwards!

Hey, Hanover. We were on the 07/07/07 too. Great cruise but I'm expecting this one will even better.

This group of DISers is on the ball. :thumbsup2 Look at how many pages we have here already and it hasn't even been a week since bookings opened. Anybody want to guess how many pages there will be 07/12/13? :rotfl2:

Hope everyone has a great day.

:goodvibes Jackie

We have decided to go to Disneyland Paris before or after the cruise.:yay:
We can stay there on DVC points and the airfare is about the same.

Would love to hear from those who have already done DLP or from those who are planning to go !

We are tentatively in...as long as it doesn't completely book or go up too much higher before we decide to make our reservation! I just posted a thread on the main board about our indecision about what to do. Someone please send us some pixie dust :goodvibes

slg...I think we were on the Baltic with you! OMG, that was the best trip of my life :lovestruc We said it was going to be a once in a lifetime trip, yet here we are planning another one.....

If all goes as planned it will be myself, Kimberly, my DH, my DS-13, DD-9, plus my parents. We would love to do the FE's.

We have decided to go to Disneyland Paris before or after the cruise.:yay:
We can stay there on DVC points and the airfare is about the same.

Would love to hear from those who have already done DLP or from those who are planning to go !

What are your questions? We did DLP in 2009 and had a blast.
Deepirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter