7/13/13 ~~ Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

We just go our stateroom assigned.... we had 10C GTY and got a 10B stateroom. Not a big upgrade but we are happy with it :) We did get a special PIN upgrade offer for our second cruise! We are doing back to back cruises....the offer was only for one cruise

I just came from The Container Store this morning and they are having their travel sale, so that means luggage, travel accessories, luggage tags, packing cubes, etc. Picked up some more packing cubes (somehow we never have enough) and a super cute new carry on bag. I have been looking forever for one that will meet the European travel restrictions.

On another note I am not surprised that the Bastille Day celebrations are mostly on the day before (Saturday). They really don't like interfering with the Sunday day of rest tradition. Maybe it comes from experiencing the day a few times before, but it is really just the same fireworks you will see back home a few days earlier on July 4th.

We just go our stateroom assigned.... we had 10C GTY and got a 10B stateroom. Not a big upgrade but we are happy with it :) We did get a special PIN upgrade offer for our second cruise! We are doing back to back cruises....the offer was only for one cruise

Congrats on the upgrade (even if it wasn't a huge upgrade, BUT it's an upgrade!) What is a PIN upgrade? I haven't heard of this before. Must be good since it has the word "upgrade" in it. :)

I just came from The Container Store this morning and they are having their travel sale, so that means luggage, travel accessories, luggage tags, packing cubes, etc. Picked up some more packing cubes (somehow we never have enough) and a super cute new carry on bag. I have been looking forever for one that will meet the European travel restrictions.

On another note I am not surprised that the Bastille Day celebrations are mostly on the day before (Saturday). They really don't like interfering with the Sunday day of rest tradition. Maybe it comes from experiencing the day a few times before, but it is really just the same fireworks you will see back home a few days earlier on July 4th.

Oh, thanks for the info on The Container Store! I love that store. I'm definitely going to go there this week to check out all the travel items!

Hopefully there will be shops and restaurants open on Sunday (when we arrive at Villefranche) since this is the Sunday day of rest tradition.

Cabin assignment! No upgrade, but I am perfectly happy with the cabin we got - 2134. So please do update our info for the FE!

Has anyone else tried to book Vatican tickets for our day in Rome? I heard you can book 60 days in advance so I've been checking since last week and we are now within 60 days but it is still just showing only thru July 15. I even tried clearing my Internet browser history in case that was the issue but still no luck. Anyone else not able to book these tickets?

Has anyone else tried to book Vatican tickets for our day in Rome? I heard you can book 60 days in advance so I've been checking since last week and we are now within 60 days but it is still just showing only thru July 15. I even tried clearing my Internet browser history in case that was the issue but still no luck. Anyone else not able to book these tickets?

I took a look but I don't see past July 15th either so it's not just you. Maybe they don't update their booking calendar daily?

-Yvonne

Congrats on the upgrade (even if it wasn't a huge upgrade, BUT it's an upgrade!) What is a PIN upgrade? I haven't heard of this before. Must be good since it has the word "upgrade" in it. :)

Thanks! It was an email I got saying It is a special upgrade offer from 10C to 9A for so much amount of money... and I only have 1 week to respond. It has a specific PIN attached to it. It was a real good deal. When I called the CM said they just rolled out this program and took a long time to apply the pin to my reservation :)

Congrats to all that got upgrades & room assignments! So exciting!

We aren't expecting any upgrade or movement since we have our 2 verandas and they are connecting rooms with my parents. But hey, if DCL feels the need to upgrade us all to a suite, we would gladly do them that favor ;)

We don't have a Container Store near us but I will have to check on line to see if the sales are there too? I keep hearing so many great things about that store! I am so jealous! I need so much organization help in my life LOL

As I feared, DS is growing again and his suit doesn't fit...ugh. He just barely got away with it at his concert 2 weeks ago. Darn teenagers! I'm going to wait until just before our trip to get him a new one. It's so hard to get him clothes since his soooo skinny & has really long legs compared to the rest of him. I love Old Navy bc they have the adjustable waist bands but he's grown out of those sizes now and obviously they don't have them in men's. so now I actually have to get him to try on jeans/shorts next shopping trip....oh the horror!!

As I feared, DS is growing again and his suit doesn't fit...ugh. He just barely got away with it at his concert 2 weeks ago. Darn teenagers! I'm going to wait until just before our trip to get him a new one. It's so hard to get him clothes since his soooo skinny & has really long legs compared to the rest of him. I love Old Navy bc they have the adjustable waist bands but he's grown out of those sizes now and obviously they don't have them in men's. so now I actually have to get him to try on jeans/shorts next shopping trip....oh the horror!!

My oldest is exactly the same way, except he's 12 (will be 13 in Nov), so he still fits the boy's sizes where they have adjustable waists. He is skinny with long legs (not necessarily tall for his age... he is actually pretty small for his age, but he has long legs in proportion to his body). So, the pants size I have to buy for his fits him in length, but I have to get the adjustable waists kind of pants/jeans and have to make the waist about 2 sizes smaller than the pants are. Yes, when he (eventually) gets out of the boy's sizes and into men's sizes, then he will have to go and try on clothes.... yes, the horror! LOL!! :rotfl2: Neither of my boys like shopping at all, let alone taking time to try things on! :lmao: I try to get them to come with me when I go buy their clothes, but they just say get whatever you want... we'll be happy with it. :lmao: So, my rule is if they don't come with me when I buy them clothes, they have to wear what I buy them, even if they don't like it. I do make them come with me when I buy them new shoes since you DO have to try those on, but they even try to get out of trying on the shoes... they will hold them up, and say, "Yah, these will fit.... let's just get them." :rotfl2: Of course, I make them still try them on... For whatever reason, they just do not like taking the time to try anything on at a store. ha!!

But, at least so far when I buy them clothes (without them with me), they have been happy with whatever I buy them and wear everything with no problem. I am guessing there will be a point where they will be a bit more opinionated as to what they wear... maybe that will be high school... and yes, once they hit the men's sizes, I will be making them go shopping to pick out their own clothes and try them on, since those are not adjustable like boy's clothes. :thumbsup2

I took a look but I don't see past July 15th either so it's not just you. Maybe they don't update their booking calendar daily?

-Yvonne

My belief is that they only update the website availability to purchase the tickets once per week. I've been checking every day for a couple weeks now and that appears to be the case.

We are doing the Villefranche port on our own and will be taking the train to Eze and Monaco, I think. Has anyone purchased train tickets ahead of time? Do you think there is a need to other than just saving some time when we arrive? Anyone walk from the port to the train station before and know how many minutes it takes to walk it?
Thanks

We have connecting 10C so I would like a pin upgrade to 9A, bummed I didn't get offered one:(

I have 3 boys so I know what you mean about shopping and trying on clothes...and my oldest ones are tall and thin. My 17 year old is 6'2 and only 132 pounds! My 14 is just over 6' and weighs 146. Sigh. I hate shopping for myself, never mind teenage boys.

I have so much to do and so little time.....aaaaaa.

We are doing the Villefranche port on our own and will be taking the train to Eze and Monaco, I think. Has anyone purchased train tickets ahead of time? Do you think there is a need to other than just saving some time when we arrive? Anyone walk from the port to the train station before and know how many minutes it takes to walk it?
Thanks

I did this in 2007 and it's super easy to take the train. There is no need to buy tickets in advance, no discount in advance and they are easy to get at the station. You can't take the train to Eze, as you probably know, so would have to take the train to Monaco and then a bus to Eze and another bus from Eze back to Villefranche. If you leave the tender station and walk along the (very scenic!) waterfront for maybe 5-7 minutes, keeping the water to your right, you will see stairs going up to the left and when you take those up you are right at the station.

It is definitely not you, they are notorious for not updating their info and having things available when they say they will. I look at their guidelines for availability as a suggestion. Just keep checking back.

I have also been trying to access tickets through the link my tour operator gave me. For almost 10 days I have been seeing the same dates available:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I was also told I could book the Pisa Leaning Tower at 45 days out so I'm hoping I can book for both very soon.

I was also told I could book the Pisa Leaning Tower at 45 days out so I'm hoping I can book for both very soon.

Just a heads up...45 days is the old reservation dates for the Tower of Pisa. It has been changed to "between a maximum of 20 days and a minimum of 12 days prior to the date of the visit, subject to availability"

Hope this helps you so you aren't checking all the time for the dates to open up.

Thanks

Did you want to be added to the Roll Call? If so, let me know!

So excited, we are watching the Monaco Grand Prix right now! Can't wait till we are there, it looks so nice and sunny there at the moment and we are stuck in the cold and rain at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter