7/13/13 ~~ Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

Okay so I'm paid in full for my cruise for next July!

However I am unable to choose any port excursions until 75 days out! What are the chances of getting what I want in Rome?

Does anyone have any recommendations for an apartment in Barcelona that sleeps 4px, is close to La Ramblas and has a washer/dryer?

For apartments - we stayed at the Amister Apartments (pelai) - which was a short walk to the Las Ramblas area, and close to a grocery store - also close to the HOHO bus stop and subway. Here is their website: http://en.amisterapartmentspelai.com The place was very clean and quiet. It had a washer with a spin dry and a clothes rack (which we easily did 8 loads with before we got on the ship). We found them by searching reviews on tripadvisor.

In terms of Rome excursions with DCL - last time we were first timers too and the one tour we wanted had no space left (3 of the 8 or so Rome tours were full). We ended up choosing to go on our own (and booking British Airways walking tour). Rome & Monaco were the only days I remember that some of the tours were full.

Just a note for budgeting: The one thing I do remember, is that af all the excursions with DCL - Rome was by far the most expensive. Averaging about $200 per person.

For apartments - we stayed at the Amister Apartments (pelai) - which was a short walk to the Las Ramblas area, and close to a grocery store - also close to the HOHO bus stop and subway. Here is their website: http://en.amisterapartmentspelai.com The place was very clean and quiet. It had a washer with a spin dry and a clothes rack (which we easily did 8 loads with before we got on the ship). We found them by searching reviews on tripadvisor.

In terms of Rome excursions with DCL - last time we were first timers too and the one tour we wanted had no space left (3 of the 8 or so Rome tours were full). We ended up choosing to go on our own (and booking British Airways walking tour). Rome & Monaco were the only days I remember that some of the tours were full.

Just a note for budgeting: The one thing I do remember, is that af all the excursions with DCL - Rome was by far the most expensive. Averaging about $200 per person.

Thanks Heather!

I'll be looking up those apartments now.

Rome is the one day I do not want to do on our own! We budgeted to leave our 7yr old on the ship and for three people we figured $1000 would be enough. I really hope we do get a chance to book something direct from DCL as we don't want to risk missing the boat at the end of the day...

Hello everybody !!

After reading this forum for many months, I now decided to join you all !! My name is joyce, married and proud mother of 2 sons, ages 3 and 5 !!
We live in the netherlands, and we also join you on the 12 nt east med cruise in july 2013 !! We have a stateroom verandah on deck 7, for the roll call :wave2: !! I made my reservation the first day the bookings where open. We did the 10 night med cruise last year, and for us, it was the most magical experience we ever had !! pixiedust:

We visit disneyland paris 5 till 6 times a year, and been to all european cities, and some Cities like rome, paris and barcelona I know by heart.

So if you all have questions, Or you have some questions about disneyland paris, feel free to ask, more than glad to help you !! I hope to learn something more from more experienced cruisers :cool2:
We can't wait to join you all in july !!

I sincere apologise for any mistakes I made, my writing is not perfect in english/ american, but will do my best !!!

Last year we checked in at 10 and we're in group 5 at 11.45 to go onboard. Do you know, hoe do they make the groups ?! Is it really at what time you arrive to check n, or does it matter what stateroom you are in ?! Just curious...

Arrghhhh! Just found out my wife cannot travel during July due to job commitments. Had to reschedule for August. Hope ya'll have a good time.

Last year we checked in at 10 and we're in group 5 at 11.45 to go onboard. Do you know, hoe do they make the groups ?! Is it really at what time you arrive to check n, or does it matter what stateroom you are in ?! Just curious...

From how I remember it working, you choose on-line what time you want to check in as part of the pre cruise registration process. Generally, those that are part of the first check in group get on the ship first, with some exceptions for certain VIP types. The stateroom doesn't matter unless you are in something like the Roy or Walt Disney suite.

Unfortunately, looks like we will be jumping ship too!! Our schedules have all changed drastically, including my son's college graduation date, & I have to cancel...

Since I am handling the FE list, as well as the Secret Mickey, I'm hoping someone else will be able to now take that on?? Or maybe a couple people to handle one or the other?

I have it set up in Google docs now (see post number 4 on page 1) where anyone can post & edit to add their own info. I know that not everyone likes it set up that way so it can be changed if you would like. For the person taking over responsibilities, you can easily gain more control over the FE list itself without having to delete it & start all over if you just download the Google doc to your own desktop, then repost as your own document (or keep it private to add people yourself?), to remove me as the creator of it. OR copy/paste info to your own doc??

Hope someone can do this & I will definitely miss sailing with you all!!!!!
:hippie:

Unfortunately, looks like we will be jumping ship too!! Our schedules have all changed drastically, including my son's college graduation date, & I have to cancel...

Since I am handling the FE list, as well as the Secret Mickey, I'm hoping someone else will be able to now take that on?? Or maybe a couple people to handle one or the other?

I have it set up in Google docs now (see post number 4 on page 1) where anyone can post & edit to add their own info. I know that not everyone likes it set up that way so it can be changed if you would like. For the person taking over responsibilities, you can easily gain more control over the FE list itself without having to delete it & start all over if you just download the Google doc to your own desktop, then repost as your own document (or keep it private to add people yourself?), to remove me as the creator of it. OR copy/paste info to your own doc??

Thank you for all the work you have done to organize the FE and Secret Mickey to date. It is a great chart that will really help everyone involved.

I am willing to take it forward from here. If anyone else wants to assist that would be great.

Eileen

Thank you for all the work you have done to organize the FE and Secret Mickey to date. It is a great chart that will really help everyone involved.

I am willing to take it forward from here. If anyone else wants to assist that would be great.

Eileen

Thank you, Eileen!! You are the best!!

:goodvibes

not sure if anyone mentioned this before but the day we are in France, July 14th, it's Bastille Day....a national holiday.

ellen

not sure if anyone mentioned this before but the day we are in France, July 14th, it's Bastille Day....a national holiday.

ellen

Interesting. Wonder if they will have anything special going on. Shops/restaurant hours may be affected.

I googled 'Bastille Day in Nice' and found pretty consistent information, copied below. Seems like most of the concert stuff begins in the evening after the ship sails, but some music may be during the day. It will be awesome if we can see the fireworks on display at night, not sure how close the ship will stay to that area. I also googled public holidays in France and it says in tourist areas most things still remain open for the summer holidays. The trains and other public transport for holidays run on a Sunday schedule which for us Bastille Day is a Sunday anyway so no change. Should be neat to be in another country for their big holiday!

In Nice, the Promenade des Anglais is the place to be on the 14th July. A military parade will be held in the afternoon and 6 stages hosting all kinds of music will be erected along the promenade called Prom Party playing jazz, traditional music, DJs, gigs and traditional ball. The music will be interrupted at 10pm by fireworks on the beach which you can see from all along the Baie des Anges.

Bev, I took you off the Roll Call! Hope to see you on another cruise! :wave2:

Eileen

Hi Eileen, Thanks for taking this over from Bev! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I made all of the changes on the first page of our thread.

Beth

Thanks for taking over FE Eileen.

I added a line to the spreadsheet - as a Newfoundland Sailor II. My mum and dad are going to participate in the FE (they are next door to us) along with their other grandchild Olivia and our next door neighbour's daughter who has decided to join us.

We went from only the four of us cruisin' to 11 of us cruisin' -- including my brother, wife and baby daughter from Ottawa. We haven't all had the chance to meet Baby Olivia yet - so Europe will be the first chance. Believe it or not the flights were cheaper to Europe than back to Ottawa from where we live (in the same country).

Talking about flights - we booked our flights last month. And the price has already gone up $350 on my husband's flight. I promised myself I wouldn't keep checking the price after we booked but our next door neighbours daughter was trying to match it and thats when we realised the price has already creeped up. So now Katelyn has to decide -- does she wait and see if the price will go back down or book it now in case they keep going up.....its the roll of the die ;)

Other than that - we have booked our tour in Athens (there's eleven of us now so it makes more sense to try and secure it). And I am pretty close on deciding on hotels in Barcelona. I was waiting to see what happened to the Renaissance to see if that was an option...but I think that I am steering away from it all together. Thanks Cyndi for the updated info.

I am planning on pinning down Turkey next.

I was trying to get a salt farming expedition in Malta - but they charge the same price for 11 as they do for large groups...so I think I might wait and see if Disney offers anything. The farm is not far from the boat -- so unlike Adventures by Disney that are travelling to the next island to go salt panning...I am hoping they will include the local farm in one of their excursions.

I am excited about being in France for fête nationale. We were there once before on the 14th of July and there was so much to do....I hope it will be the same way. I remember the fireworks being amazing -- too bad we will probably miss that.

Hope everyone is well.

Incase others didn't see this on the facebook page where I posted this....

With reference to your room reservations at the Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel we would like to inform you that as of November 1st, 2012 this hotel will no longer operate under the Renaissance name and is no longer part of Marriott International. It goes without saying that your current reservations will of course continue to exist at this hotel rebranded as Barcelona Airport Hotel

What are others going to do that were booked here? Stay with your ressies or find something else?

It is such a good price....but who knows if they are going to be with breakfast and transfers to the port???!?! I haven't called or responsed to them to know any of these questions.

Cyndi

ellen

We were in a France this past summer for Bastille Day. Did not notice anything special during the day, most of the celebrations seemed to be int he evening, like the fireworks. It would be really nice if we could see some off the coast on the ship in the evening.

Plan on going to Monaco for that port, so I don't expect any changes to our schedule for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter