6th BDAY on the Dream 10/16-20th,11 "Hyatt MCO and the Ride Home" 12/30 COMPLETE

Loved your trip report. It makes me so much more excited for our Disneymoon cruise. :yay: Not that I really need to be anymore excited right now considering how far away it is, but... it was still fun to read and learn! I’m a Disney World veteran, but a complete noob when it comes to Disney cruises.

I am sure you'll become addicted to the cruise like the rest of us:rotfl: Our first two were on the Wonder which is a lot smaller. This was an experience and I feel like there was so much we didn't do even though I planned this thing for so long. Since it's gonna be a Disneymoon for you, you might not even get out of your cabin that much. That's a great excuse to take another cruise:laughing:

Not sure from which thread I clicked to get here, but I read the entire report and really enjoyed the trip with you. I cried with your DD LOL! Saying goodbye is so hard unless you have another trip already in planning stages. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for reading! I have to finish up my other TR but I have been so busy! I am back in school but I hope to have a better job in a few years so we can buy into the DVC. We should have done that a long time ago!

Now if we could narrow down our selections for our trip two years from now that would be helpful!

Great report and pictures. I just booked our very first Disney Cruise the other day for May 2013 on the Dream. Can't wait. It is so far away but hopefully will go by kind of fast

I'm also afraid 3 days won't be enough to see/do everything

Thanks for reading! The three day is just enough to get you addicted to cruising with DCL! You will have a blast:cool1:

We stopped of at a Super-Walmart. We had Garder Grocer deliver groceries to CBR and got a 6pk of Smirnoff Ice. We still had the Smirnoff Ice and I just picked up a fifth of Bacardi.

So how did you get this on board? Would love o know your secret:)

So how did you get this on board? Would love o know your secret:)

I'm not tinkmom2, but DCL allows you to bring liquor aboard in your carryon:

Bringing Alcohol aboard the ship
Alcohol is permitted on board. Any fragile items (including bottles of alcohol) must be brought aboard in a carry-on bag not to exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

Guests can have a bottle of their own champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard opened and served by a Wine Steward. There will be a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

We brought a soft sided cooler with us and carried it on. We only had two of the bottles of Smirnoff left but about a case of soda, and water, in the bag also along with the Rum. It runs through the security scanner and we were on our way. You are permitted as Gretchen said.

Also you are allowed to buy alcohol in Nassau and consume it on board but if you buy the liqour in the on board duty free shop they keep it til the end of the cruise.

In the past we have bought both soda and rum on Nassau and brought it back to the ship to consume.

Thanks Gretchen & thinkmom! I read that you could bring wine but I didn't know you could bring liquor. Is it one bottle of a certain size as a limit?

Tinkmom-Also, I thought I read that fountain beverages (coke) were available on board for no extra charge. Did you bring a case of your own bc you do not like coke or am I missing something. And I've so enjoyed your report, all the pics and videos. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. I've never taken the time to do a trip report but I sure enjoy reading them. I've learned a lot too. Going on our first Disney cruise (dream) in May. Can't wait but still so much to learn!

Thanks Gretchen & thinkmom! I read that you could bring wine but I didn't know you could bring liquor. Is it one bottle of a certain size as a limit?

Tinkmom-Also, I thought I read that fountain beverages (coke) were available on board for no extra charge. Did you bring a case of your own bc you do not like coke or am I missing something. And I've so enjoyed your report, all the pics and videos. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. I've never taken the time to do a trip report but I sure enjoy reading them. I've learned a lot too. Going on our first Disney cruise (dream) in May. Can't wait but still so much to learn!

Hi,
I think they do have Coke products at the free fountains. (My DH and I both drink diet) We did use the fountains also. I had purchased cases of soda for our CBR portion of our trip. It was cheaper than buying the resort mugs there.
I also like the convenience of not having to run up to the fountains for soda.(Although my older DD was happy to run there a few times)

There is a charge for soda if you order from room service also but you can get lemonade and grapefruit juice for free from there. Soda is free at dinner and if you go to for breakfast in Cabanas or sit down you can have coffee and OJ for free.

We like to drink a lot of water. The ships water is just fine but we liked the convenience of having the bottles. They do sell bottles of water on the ship but they are expensive.

You are allowed to bring as much liqour that fits into the softsided cooler. I saw a woman with a tote bag inside the terminal with two huge bottles of wine. She did not have a soft sided cooler but I wouldn't chance it. But as I mentioned previously you can purchase liqour on the island and bring it back to the ship with you if you aren't making a liqour stop before you get to the terminal. Our limo company allowed one grocery stop.

We don't drink a lot so having the fifth of rum to spike our soda was enough. I think I purchased one drink the whole trip and that was on Castaway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter