6th Annual Christmas Thread

Crossed two more gifts off my list this morning. Vera Bradley is having a sale today. Ordered the "Frannie" for DD4 and DNiece6 for $14.99 each. :banana: There are several other styles on sale, too, including cosmetic cases, mailbag, and the Get Carried Away tote (which I have, and LOVE :love:). Just thought I'd share in case VB is on anyone else's list.

I picked up DH sweat wicking towels for his stocking. He coaches and uses our hand towles as sweat towels so i got him official sweat towels. ;) I also picked up the kids new swim goggles for their stockings. They love to swim and have outgrown their old goggles.

I also was cleaning out the basement and found christmas PJ's for the kids that I bought last year after the holidays so that is marked off my list. I also found an outfit and 2 pairs of jeans I had already purchased for DD. I need to pick her up a few nice sweaters she wants to go with her jeans. So I got a few more items and didn't have to spend any money. :laughing:

I picked up DH sweat wicking towels for his stocking. He coaches and uses our hand towles as sweat towels so i got him official sweat towels. ;) I also picked up the kids new swim goggles for their stockings. They love to swim and have outgrown their old goggles.

I also was cleaning out the basement and found christmas PJ's for the kids that I bought last year after the holidays so that is marked off my list. I also found an outfit and 2 pairs of jeans I had already purchased for DD. I need to pick her up a few nice sweaters she wants to go with her jeans. So I got a few more items and didn't have to spend any money. :laughing:

Haha.. I think it was last year when my cousin and aunt were cleaning out a closet or part of the basement. They found toys they had bought for some of the kids from 2 years previous! And no one knew they were missing!

Y'all are all doing such a great job!! I am really a slacker for some reason this year!:confused3 maybe I will get it together soon!:rotfl:

Bought my first Christmas gift today and boy oh boy is it a doozy! Have been trying to find Toralei from Monsters High for DD10. Target.com has listed it available in all of our local stores so I would search them several times a week. She wasn't available online, so this weekend I sent a text to a few friends that visit Targets outside of our town and asked for their help. Went to Target today to do my grocery shopping and checked on a whim....BAM! There were TWO! So I snatched one up and I've been on cloud 9 all day, haha! So that's the Big Red Guy done for DD10.
I think I'm going to do the something you want/need/wear/read for all 3 girls from us then they can each ask Santa for one thing as usual. Except middle daughter, mwa hahaha! I'd like to make a monster quiet book for DD3 and ask DD14 if she'd be interested in the hoodie with earbuds, those seem really cool!

No clue for my sulky 12 year old tomboy. She wants a scooter of some kind but the age/weight limits are at the max already for her so I think it's a waste of money. She doesn't "need" anything. I only have $70 to spend. It's so frustrating.

No clue for my sulky 12 year old tomboy. She wants a scooter of some kind but the age/weight limits are at the max already for her so I think it's a waste of money. She doesn't "need" anything. I only have $70 to spend. It's so frustrating.

Roller skates? they are sometimes cheaper than in-line skates.

What about those rip sticks or long skateboard thingys? :confused3 The kids around here, boys & girls, ride them all over the neighborhood.

Can anyone help me brainstorm some ideas for my dad's girlfriend? We are exchanging gifts at Thanksgiving so I need to get a move on. Here is what I know about her:

She's about 55-60ish. Likes photography and travel. Is very budget oriented and never buys anything without a coupon. Long story short she has kind of a Hoarders situation going on in her house (so I hesitate to get her candles or anything else I'd normally get someone I don't know very well).

Last year I got her a coffee table type book with pictures of travel places, kind of combining her loves of travel and photography. My only idea this year is maybe a nice coupon organizer from Etsy, but I am open for any suggestions!

A few more presents marked off my list! I had forgotten I bought a bunch of board games off a local swap shop. They were in really nice condition and spanned the ages for all of my DDs. They don't know the difference if it is new or used:). Amazon had plasma cars on sale for 27.xx for a short time yesterday! So glad I got in on that, they were on my list for all 3 DDs. Had to have them shipped to my moms house since we are leaving for Disney tomorrow!!!! I am going along pretty well for the girls, DS 1 is so difficult!

Can anyone help me brainstorm some ideas for my dad's girlfriend? We are exchanging gifts at Thanksgiving so I need to get a move on. Here is what I know about her:

She's about 55-60ish. Likes photography and travel. Is very budget oriented and never buys anything without a coupon. Long story short she has kind of a Hoarders situation going on in her house (so I hesitate to get her candles or anything else I'd normally get someone I don't know very well).

Last year I got her a coffee table type book with pictures of travel places, kind of combining her loves of travel and photography. My only idea this year is maybe a nice coupon organizer from Etsy, but I am open for any suggestions!

In this case I would get her something with a shelf life so it doesn't add to her hoard -- I'm not normally a fan of perishables, but in this case I would make an exception -- a nice centerpiece, bouquet of flowers, or something that is a treat to eat, like gourmet chocolates. The obvious answer is a gift card for a massage, restaurant, etc., but that might feel too impersonal for you.

Maria :upsidedow

I'm a fan of buying consumables for those on my list who "already have everything". I've been looking for a website where I can order gift baskets this year. I don't care for what Hickory Farms or Swiss Colony have to offer, I like Dean and Deluca but their gifts are SO expensive, and I also like Southern Season but those don't really make sense for us because they're NC-themed and we're not from NC.
As for my kids, they each get one big gift this year, plus a $50 Disney GC for our trip in February, which is the REAL "big gift" :)
DD15 asked for a Lilly Pulitzer dress, and I found a fantastic deal on that.
DS4 wants a Nabi tablet. Hoping I can find one on Black Friday for under $150.

Hickory Farms were set up today at the mall so I have another present marked off my list! Now all I need is one gift card and I am done.

Picked up Dinsey Infinity villan set and wrapped 3 more gifts today. Have decided which PS vita to buy and where to buy it. Just waiting until closer to Thanksgiving. My hard to find àre almost all bought. Just cannot decide which accessories to get for the vita. I know a car charger, screen protector, and memory card are musts. Cannot decide on a case yet and if we need anything èlse. My DS is 11 and it is his big gift. Any suggestions?

Hickory Farms were set up today at the mall so I have another present marked off my list! Now all I need is one gift card and I am done.

Wow, you're doing great! I'm almost always done by Thanksgiving but never done before November!

ehough said:

What about a magazine subscription travel or photography related. Although, maybe not a good idea with the hoarding issues????

Wow, you're doing great! I'm almost always done by Thanksgiving but never done before November!

The only reason I don't have the gift card yet is because the closest location to me is 2 hours away and I refuse to pay the shipping to order it online. When I go visit my family for Thanksgiving I will stop and get one.

After my kids not having any ideas, their lists are shaping up nicely.:lmao:

I try not to buy too much now as I know most of these items will go on sale and I'll be able to get them a lot cheaper, especially the video games.

DD16
Guitar pic punch
Just Dance 2014
Towel wrap for hair
Headphones
Shower Speaker
Guitar Music
New earrings
Maybe a Disney charm for her Pandora bracelet
Disney GC

DS13
University of Arizona throw blanket
Wireless Keyboard
Xbox Live Starter Kit
Xbox 360 NBA 2K14
Xbox 360 Grand Theft Auto
Nike Elite Backpack
Nike Elite Shorts
Disney GC

Gifts for both: Disney Infiniti with a couple of characters, Despicable Me 2 DVD, Monsters University DVD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter