60 Candles, 30 Million Lights, Best Friends&Family at Disney--Priceless (New 5/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - I started my TR for Megan's dance trip to DLR on page 31!

***A little side note. Mark and Alisha went to the Wisconsin Dells today to celebrate there one year anniversary of the night Mark proposed. I don't know where that year has gone. And I can't believe my baby will be married in just 97 days.

We are going to the dells next month.:banana:

EoS has THE BEST breakfast sandwiches! Made right when you order it so everything is fresh and to order. Definitely give it a try!

I will have to put that on our bucket list.

WTG Mark! That is very exciting and what a wonderful way to start a new life together.

Thank you, Cynthia. Theya re both very excited and already both are sporting Loras College sweatshirts. :)

LOVED the article about Mark, Proud Mama...you have raised some amazing young men!

And I love that Des enjoyed Fantasmic...we will see it one of these days!

I hope you are enjoying a Fabulous weekend!

Thanks, Judy. They've turned out pretty darn good, despite me. :rotfl2:

Des really did enjoy it.

We had a great weekend (well besides a sick puppy).

Just checking in so I can mark my spot and know where I left off!!!:rotfl2:

You are too funny, Rosie. I probably won't get the next update done until tonight or tomorrow.

Yay! So happy Des liked Fantasmic! I love it and try to catch it at least once during our visits.

I was glad we were able to fit it in for Des...and us since we'd not seen it since 2008, I believe.

You must continue writing on the Dis!! I love reading PTR's and TR's and yours are at the top of my favorites list along with Karin and Jacquie's reports.

I will continue...no worries.

Such a wonderful write up on Mark and what sounds like a well deserved coaching position at the college. Congratulations, Mark!!

Thank you...excitement is all around.

It's unbelievable how fast the years go by. My little princess may not be getting married soon (I'll ground her for life if she is, LOL), but this year she will be celebrating her sweet sixteen. She is expecting a car for that birthday. Yea right, when you wish upon a star I don't think will work this time. :lmao:

You sound like my dad; he threatened me that I couldn't get married until I was 35. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: They grow up way too fast. Yes, both of my kids wanted a car for their 16th; trust me, they drove mine until they could afford their own!

Had it been me instead of Des, I'm not sure if I would have died of fright or of laughter. :scared1: :lmao:

Happy 1 year engagement anniversary to Mark and Alisha!

If it had been me, Andy would have been sleeping in the bathtub. :lmao:

Thanks for the anniversary wishes...they had a great weekend.

I actually was surprised by how much I liked the new pirates attraction.

It was okay...but I thought they could have done a little bit more.

Poor Des getting startled. :rotfl:

She is a trooper.

I hear ya on time going by fast. My dd has been married for almost 2 years now. It seems like we were just planning the wedding and we had almost 2 years to do that. I still find myself on occasion seeing something and thinking "oh, that would be nice for the wedding":rolleyes:

I can't believe that Kira has been married almost two years already. Where the heck did that time go?

Awww, the trip is over.....that's so sad. :sad1:
But the good news is, you have a trip coming in just a a couple of weeks!! :banana:

Still have an update or two to do, but the fun is over. And yes, we leave in 26 days for Florida and I can't wait to get out of here.

Sounds like your last night ended with a good laugh, even if it was at Des's expense. :rotfl:

It was funny....I thought I was going to have an accident because I was laughing so hard.

Wow! A whole year for Mark and Alisha?!? Where in the world does the time fly?!? Your baby is getting married and it's to a wonderful girl, I couldn't be happier for you and your family. :love:

Can you believe it? I can't...I don't know where that year went. She is a wonderful girl; she and I spoke a lot over the weekend (her mom is just not very helpful during this whole pre-wedding and it hurts me because it is hurting Alisha.

Thank you for being so understanding, I appreciate that you know what I'm helping my mom through, I just hate that you understand it because you've been down this rode personally. BUT! You have five years of victories!!! :banana: And this blesses me more than you could ever know. :lovestruc :hug:

No thanks needed, my friend. You are very sweet...love ya.

I haven't posted for ages but I have been
reading!

It's sad to see that this trip is coming to an end, it really does sound like you all had a wonderful time

Hopefully we will have a brand new TR from you to follow shortly ;)

Thank you, Linda. I will probably do a brief PTR because we have so much going on at home before I go with the girls; but I will definitely do a TR...but it won't start until AFTER the wedding. ;)

There's something so darn nostalgic about the TSMM queue! I love the walk down memory lane with the theming! :thumbsup2 I may not be accurate with my scores but it is a ton of fun! Glad to see Des won with her first go at TSM!

There really is and I remember so many of those games. And I agree...it is a fun ride.

As for the burger at Pepper Market - sure looks good! I wonder if the fries at all of the WDW restaurants are like the super delicious ones at Plaza Restaurant. Seeing your photo it makes me want a big stack of fries with a puddle of ketchup! ;)

The burger wasn't bad. Trust me, NONE of the fries compare to the Plaza...they definitely have the best french fries.

Poor Des... boys! I suppose Andy is lucky that Des didn't kick him when he jumped on the bed! :eek:

He's very lucky she didn't sock him one...I would have.

Even thought this TR is drawing to an end, how exciting that you have more trips lined up!! :banana:

I can't wait fo rthem to get here...I am SOOOOOOOOOO over winter.

Great new update, Kate.
No fun that your trip is coming to an end ... I just love reading about your adventures.
Your dinner looks yummy. We have only been to Pepper Market once, maybe we should give it a try again. ;)
I had to :lmao: about Andy's leap and scaring Des. No fun being scared when you are trying to go to sleep though. :rotfl2:
She seems to be a very good sport, taking it the way she did. :thumbsup2

We really enjoyed the meal at Pepper Market; we did manage to get the buffet for breakfast the next morning too.

Andy and Des have a very fun-loving relationship...he is constantly pulling stuff on her. She is a good sport...most of the time. ;)

That update made me laugh out loud. Shanleigh and Jeff have this "I can scare you more" thing they do! God help whoever has to use the washroom because the other one will be lurking somewhere when that one comes out!

I can't believe it's been a year....time sure is passing quickly !

Hi, Queen...good to see you. I wondered where you had been and then thought I probably forgot to let you know that I was doing this TR and by the time I thought of it, we were so far through it that I figured I'd just leave it alone. I love that Shanleigh and Jeff do this too...it's good to see them having fun.

Yes, a whole year, and only 95 days until the wedding.

Poor Des...that had to be quite a scare! Glad she she was able to laugh! Andy managing to jump OVER your bed is astonishing!!

Already a year - honestly, the fastest time I ever remember was from Mia's engagement to the wedding. We had some very nice mom and daughter days visiting possible wedding venues...she was a very calm bride. I am so looking forward to pictures of Mark and Alisha's big day. :love:

I think because of all his baseball workouts, he still has some of his agility. ;)

Alisha has been a very calm bride except when having to deal with her own mother. It makes me so mad.

Great Update Kathy!!I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland this October and try BOG for lunch !!!Poor Des,:rotfl2::rotfl2: Have to try Peppermarket again sometime I really enjoyed it when I did !!!

Rosie, you are going to love it...they did a great job with it. I don't have a lot of sympathy for Des because she can give as good as she gets too.

Peppermarket burgers were pretty darn good.

The food looks good from the Pepper Market! Did they still have the lunch buffet when you were there or was that gone by then? I'll miss the lunch buffet when we stay there this summer.

We haven't done the Pirate thing at DHS yet. I heard the voice of Jack Sparrow is James Arnold Taylor and JJ just loves him to death. He is an excellent voice actor and can impersonate so many different people. He is so talented.

Hi, Tink. We didn't have lunch when we were there, but we did have the breakfast buffet and really enjoyed it.

Let's just say it was a "different" show.

poor Des getting scared by Andy...he's lucky she didn't deck him :rotfl2: must say though, quite impressive that he could jump over your bed :cool1:

can't believe its already been a year since the engagement, the wedding will be here before you know it!

I'm with you Lisa...I would have decked him good; good thing both of my boys are athetic.

The wedding is creeping up fast; we are going to Dubuque the weekend of March 23 so my hubby can get fitted for his tux.

The burgers at Pepper Market look pretty good!

Poor Des getting scared, but at least she eventually found it funny too! :rotfl:

Wow for it being one year already for Mark and Alisha's engagement. I remember you telling us about it on a previous TR!!

The burgers were good and I'd have them again.

She wasn't laughing at first...especially after the escapade on the Haunted Mansion, but she came around.

I think it was my first "girls" trip report that we announced their engagement.

Those sandwiches at Pepper Market look pretty good. I guess you didn't make it back in time for the buffet........... ;)

Too funny about Andy scaring Des! Not that I would ever do that type of thing............ :rotfl:

And I totally agree.........it only seems like it has been a few months since Mark proposed! Wow has this past year gone quickly and yet it seems so full of huge events. :goodvibes And another one just around the corner for you....... :thumbsup2

Marv, the burgers were huge and good; no, we didn't do lunch at the PM this trip.

Oh....I believe you would so do exactlyl what Andy did.

I can't believe it is almost here and everything is basically done.

Got a little busy at the end of the week, so I'm trying to fly through and get caught up this morning.

How was the flight? :rotfl:

I'm glad Des ejoyed Fantasmic!

Me too. :)

I wonder if her Toy Story domination was beginners luck. Now you all need to go back and see if she can back it up. :thumbsup2

I've invited them to join us again in December if Andy doesn't have a teaching job...and we will certainly have a rematch.

Great write up on Mark's coaching move.

Thank you. :goodvibes

I think Andy's flight across the room was a funny trick, myself. I also think he's lucky he didn't end up sleeping on the floor. :lmao::rotfl2:

Or in the bathtub.

You're giving desserts to your readers? Excellent! :woohoo:

Funny you should say that...I made chocolate chip cookies over the weekend. :)

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess somebody ordered a burger.

You would guess right, but who ordered which burger is the question. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Really surprised he wasn't sent to sleep in the lobby.

Or in the pool since it was right outside our door.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? just because a few dropped off don't forget us!!!!! :hug:

I promise I won't forget you. :hug:

Wow - It will be here before you know it.

Too funny about Andy scaring the you-know-what out of Des. I bet she was mad, especially if had already started to fall asleep. :laughing:

Yes it will; while the men get fitted for their tuxes, I'm going with Alisha to pick out her head piece.

Luckily we had just all gotten into bed so it wasn't too bad. ;)

FYI - I started my TR for Megan's dance trip to DLR on page 31!

I'll be there tonight my friend.

We are going to the dells next month.:banana:

55 years I have lived here and I have NEVER been to the Dells.

So Mark had a morning/afternoon umpire clinic on Saturday so I hung around the house cleaning, etc. Then yesterday we went to the Gurnee Mills Outlet Mall and then an outlet mall right over the border in Wisconsin. Spent way too much money but I got a sundress for our April trip, a new raincoat, got Mark two lightweight jackets, two shirts (one for Florida) and we each got a t-shirt at the Disney store and I got new pj's at the Disney store too.

The kids had special plans.

Mark and Alisha went to the Dells as I mentioned to celebrate their one year anniversary. They stopped at a pet store on their way home to get Alisha's younger sister a turtle for a pet that she'd been begging for. While there, they saw a bulldog (the owner's) that they fell in love with. Their plan is to get one somewhere down the road. They had to have their picture taken with the bulldog:

bulldog_zpse26d63b8.jpg

They had a really nice time and had dinner at the same restaurant where Mark proposed:

oneyearengagementanniversary_zpsc55c9713.jpeg

Andy, in the meantime, acted as the "officiant" of one of his oldest and dearest friends wedding. Des is very fond of Instagram and played around with this photo. I must say they both look great in the photo:

andyanddesjustinwedding_zps340ff33a.jpg

I'll try to get an update done tonight or tomorrow to finish off this puppy.

Is your Disney store a Disney outlet? Were they having an extra % off? Seems like a couple of years ago the stores always had additional monies off and then poof, it all stopped. Now once in a blue moon they will do 25%. Almost all of the stuff at our store is Disneyland. :confused3

Okay, they need a beautiful white bulldog! Love the pics of the happy couple. Your boys have grown into fine young men, and I know you are one proud mama! :thumbsup2

Hmm...I was eyeballing some Mickey PJs at the Disney Store last week...wonder if they were the same ones you bought! Sounds like a fun day of shopping!

I can't believe that Kira has been married almost two years already. Where the heck did that time go?

I know, right? You will see how fast though.. just wait. All this time leading up to Mark and Alisha's wedding will be but a distant memory before you know it. :sad2:

Great pictures of your kids!!!

Busy few days - haven't commented, but have scrolled through the pictures. Hate to see the end of pictures for this trip, but I look forward to many more for new trips! :)

I'm with you Kathy-Andy would have been sleeping elsewhere had it been me :lmao:

So sorry that the TR is winding down, but thank goodness you take so many trips-I won't have to wait long for another. :goodvibes

Great pictures of the kids. What a nice way to celebrate a year of engagement. It can be such a stressful time planning a wedding, that's a nice thing to do.

Sounds like a fun weekend. Your kids and girls look great as always!

We did have a fun,but busy weekend. Thanks, Michelle. :)

Is your Disney store a Disney outlet? Were they having an extra % off? Seems like a couple of years ago the stores always had additional monies off and then poof, it all stopped. Now once in a blue moon they will do 25%. Almost all of the stuff at our store is Disneyland. :confused3

Yes, the one we went to was an outlet (we have a regular Disney store closer to our house). I believe there was an additional 20% off everything we bought, plus I got the 10% discount for using my Disney Visa. :) I will say a lot of the stuff is Disneyland stuff at the store we go to, but they had some general stuff which is what I bought.

Okay, they need a beautiful white bulldog! Love the pics of the happy couple. Your boys have grown into fine young men, and I know you are one proud mama! :thumbsup2

Alisha really doesn't like bulldogs...she wants a small dog. But they both know that they can't get a dog until after least after the honeymoon; they have two cats that need to be taken care of for the wedding and honeymoon as it is and her mom was doing that but they are on the outs right now.

Hmm...I was eyeballing some Mickey PJs at the Disney Store last week...wonder if they were the same ones you bought! Sounds like a fun day of shopping!

My new ones have Mickey and Minnie on them...short bottoms, short sleeve top; I'll try to remember to take a pic and post them. It was a fun day...but I spent way too much money. :laughing:

I know, right? You will see how fast though.. just wait. All this time leading up to Mark and Alisha's wedding will be but a distant memory before you know it. :sad2:

Oh, I am not looking forward to that. But I remember our wedding and thinking "why didn't we just elope"? :lmao::lmao:

Great pictures of your kids!!!

Thank you.

Busy few days - haven't commented, but have scrolled through the pictures. Hate to see the end of pictures for this trip, but I look forward to many more for new trips! :)

Thank you; I hope to get that PTR started soon and will let you know when the TR starts for the June trip. I'll probably keep this open for awhile to post our Epcot day next month here.

I'm with you Kathy-Andy would have been sleeping elsewhere had it been me :lmao:

Seriously, I'm really surprised he wasn't. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So sorry that the TR is winding down, but thank goodness you take so many trips-I won't have to wait long for another. :goodvibes

It's funny...we used to do one trip a year, and now I can't handle anything less than two, and love that we have two together, I have one without and we have a single day in there too. :goodvibes

Great pictures of the kids. What a nice way to celebrate a year of engagement. It can be such a stressful time planning a wedding, that's a nice thing to do.

I have to say that Mark earned MAJOR brownie points with the idea of going back for the weekend to where he proposed. Alisha informed me on Sunday when they got home and she called to let me know they were home "mom, I picked a good one." :goodvibes

What an adorable picture!

Thanks, MaryEllen. It was awfully nice of the pet shop owner to take the picture with his dog. Mark fell in love with that dog.

I had to post this again Kathy because it's a great picture and David desperately wants a bulldog... I'll have to show him this... maybe when Emily goes to college in the fall... the bulldog could have her room...:lmao: It might ease some of the pain of having his sister go away...

That was an awesome write up of Mark's new coaching position... so happy for him (& you ;)

Glad Des loved Fantasmic ... :thumbsup2 & TSM... too funny that she came out in first place...:goodvibes

Nice update with the weekend happenings! Two very nice looking couples in those pictures! :goodvibes

And neat to see Mark and Alisha sporting the school spirit already!!! :cool1:

sounds like you had a fun weekend! love the photo of the kids!

It was a fun, and expensive, weekend. ;)

Aww, lovely family updates :)

I am a huge dog lover so particularly enjoyed that photo

Thank you; we love dogs too (and it's breaking my heart that we think there is something wrong with ours and she is almost 15-1/2).

I had to post this again Kathy because it's a great picture and David desperately wants a bulldog... I'll have to show him this... maybe when Emily goes to college in the fall... the bulldog could have her room...:lmao: It might ease some of the pain of having his sister go away...

It's nice that David and Emily are close and he will miss his sister when she goes away. A dog that size probably needs his own room. ;)

That was an awesome write up of Mark's new coaching position... so happy for him (& you ;)

Thank you. :goodvibes

Glad Des loved Fantasmic ... :thumbsup2 & TSM... too funny that she came out in first place...:goodvibes

It was funny to me that she came in first...not too much to the men in our lives. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice update with the weekend happenings! Two very nice looking couples in those pictures! :goodvibes

And neat to see Mark and Alisha sporting the school spirit already!!! :cool1:

Thanks, Marv...if I do say so myself they are rather attractive.

I've told Mark I want a sweatshirt when we go to see him in two weeks...he best not forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter