• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

60 Candles, 30 Million Lights, Best Friends&Family at Disney--Priceless (New 5/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas Kathy & Mark!!!

628191qxy5h1z207.gif

I'm here. Just being quiet.

Are you afraid of Tim? He's not hear much, so you don't have to be quiet. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

What wonderful PP pictures. I love that Christmas border. So cute.

What a wonderful evening and the Christmas decorations are so wonderful.

Speaking of which, I hope you have a marvelous Christmas!

Thanks, MaryEllen. It was a perfect evening (minus the stomach pain).

Merry Christmas to you too.

How annoying to have such rowdy people outside your room!!! Otherwise it seemed like a wonderful first day!! Loved the Hats and the pix of the couples and the group at\re awesome !!! I guess Des is a Disney Fanatic in the making !!!!

They were really annoying and I did write a letter to Guest Relations and had a response today. It was a great first day.

Such a great first day you had! I love the storytellers! I want to go back in December so bad just to see them. I didn't get through them last time :(

I cannot believe how rude people can be. I would have gone out and threatened to call the cops. I know it is the happiest place on earth and you're on vacation, but people need to respect those that want to sleep. Hopefully it got better after that first night.

We, unfortunately, missed a lot of the storytellers and I want to be sure to see them next time.

It amazes me that the parents did not supervise at all.

How did I get three updates behind. :confused3 I had to go to a class for work today and didn't have any DIS time till now.

Don't fret...I'm behind on several myself.

One of these days I'm going to make it to Beaches & Cream! It's on my list of things to do at Disney.

You must do Beaches & Cream...it is so yummy.

I love Epcot at night, it's so pretty. Sounds like you guys got a lot of stuff done the first night. I did try one of the Grand Mariner Orange slushies last month but it was a little too sweet for me. I preferred the lemon one my mom got.

I didn't care for the lemon one as much...I'm more of a weet person.

The decorations at the Swan were just as beautiful as the Dolphin. If I make it back for Christmas again, I might have to try and visit both of those.

Both resorts are worth a visit to see the decorations.

That is a real bummer about the noise outside your room! We left the day they were all arriving. I'm glad we missed them, it was pretty crazy at the Custom House when we were leaving.

They were at the Caribbean Beach too? UGH!

I just was catching up with your TR and read about Tracy. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news - she will be missed.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us - it has been fun reading all about your fun trip!

Tracy will be missed immensely by so many.

Lots more to come on the trip.

I've already fallen behind. Oh boy! :faint: I'm kinda glad you won't be doing any more updates before Christmas, that way I won't fall behind again. :rotfl:

I promise there won't be an update until at least Wednesday; and I always have the links to help out.

I'm hoping to try Beaches & Cream this trip. Obviously, I love seeing all your Beach Club pictures. :thumbsup2

I hope you get there...it's really yummy.

Looks like you had a great time at Epcot.

Epcot was the best that night...so pretty and it was rather quiet.

The lit up trees close to the Swan are very pretty.

Those palm trees were very pretty as they changted colors.

Oh man, I would NOT have been happy with those screaming people in the pool. :furious: You couldn't call the front desk to let them know it had started again? Like PhoenixStrength, I always make it a point to book a room away from the pools for that specific reason.

I was not happy at all. Calling the front desk puts you at the Call Center, not the actual front desk of the resort (that's why whenever we have a problem, we walk to the front desk.

Hey that's me the QUIET one !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Rosie, quiet? Now, I'm not sure I believe that one. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

First, not knowing which day is your birthday around Christmas... I'll just wish you a Happy Birthday every day between now and New years!! (unless of course you just had your bday :p.)

Brenda, you are too sweet and funny. My birthday is one week from today--December 30; as my husband likes sto remind me, I am turning double nickles.

What great photos by the fountain in France. It's good to see more smoochy photos of you and Mark. :upsidedow

Yes, as if you didn't have enough smoochy photos in the last TR. :rotfl:

That was very nice of Nicki to get Mark the Santa Mickey hat - such a great addition to any collection. :)

He really liked it and has been wearing it ever since we got home.

There were parents at the pool with the rowdy crowd?? Such a shame that people are not more considerate - or in this case even a little considerate. Errr....

Yes, parents with large bottles of wine and coolers of beer totally oblivous to the little rug rats.

Really great pics at Epcot, Kathy! What a fun start to your vacation!

Not so fun ....... people being inconsiderate at the resort! :sad2: I really hope it was only that one night though. :goodvibes

Karin, it was the perfect start to this special trip.

Unfortunately, it was NOT a one night thing with the Pop Warner people. :sad1:

Kathy, I can't wait to read more on this TR. I hope you, Mark, and the rest of your family have a wonderfully blessed and Merry Christmas!!:santa:

Oh, I think there has been a picture or two of Mark without a hat...but not many.

Michael Jackson wannabee, maybe. Trust me, Mark has NO moves. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm hoping my email that I sent Guest Relations which was forwarded to management (well, at least that is what they told me) will wake them up and figure something out.

And, Bob, I wish you and all of your family a Very Merry Christmas as well.

Great update!
I cannot believe that your camera didn't blow up from the picture of Stitch!:rotfl:

Since I am not on fb much anymore (in-law drama...I actually canceled my old account and started a new one, i think I friend requested you but if not I will again) I wanted to wish you a very blessed Christmas with your family.

Merry Christmas!

Stef, it was really hard to take that picture of Stitch (and there will be another later in the report).

In-law drama? Never fun? I'm not sure if I got a request from you or not...please do send me one if you haven't.

Merry Christmas to you too, my friend.

Great updates Kathy! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Tanz.

I love all the Photopass pics, especially the one of you and your sis in America ;)

I'm having the one of Sis and me made at the store for my dresser. :)

It's nice seeing the parks and resorts all decorated for the festive season :santa:

The decorations were out of this world and so glad we got to see them.

I love that 'Don't make me unfriend you shirt'!

There are a couple of people I should have bought that shirt for. :rotfl:

I love all the photo pass pictures of all of you! It looks like you are off to a great start at gathering some amazing memories!

We got some great shots that first night...I was so happy with them.

The grumpy "don't make me unfriend you" shirt had me laugh out loud!!!

I'm surprised Andy didn't buy it for me...he's always threatening to "unfriend" me. :crazy2:

I have never been to Beaches and Cream. Every trip I say maybe and then maybe never happens. Maybe in February :rolleyes:.....

You must do it on your next trip...it is so good.

I am so sorry about the large group. I really hope that we don't experience this in February. CSR is a very large resort, right? And with the expo for the phm being there... I wonder :scratchin maybe we should think of staying some place smaller....

Ann, we've been for numerous conventions and never had a problem...it was the Pop Warner kids and they won't be there...you'll be fine.

Up very late, I hope you were able to get up for your early morning!!!

It was a struggle...but we managed.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: It's a date, Ann! :goodvibes

Kathy, sorry for taking over your thread! :wave2:

Any time, Karin.

Joining in!! Thanks to MeMom, I have developed quite the addiction to reading trip reports..:rolleyes1

Just an aside, I am from Elgin, IL originally so we were just around the corner from each other! I live in the central part of the state now though.

I loved CSR when we were there. We never went to the Dig Site pool, so we never encountered large groups of kids, really. (We were there in early May also, which may have contributed to the lack of noise)

Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR! :thumbsup2

:welcome::welcome: I'm delighted to have you and I hope you enjoy.

Elgin is right down the road from us; where in Central Illinois are you (we've been all over with wrestling so good chance we've been there).

I love CSR too...and always will. These kids and their parents were just plain rude and ignorant.

Some wonderful wonderful photopass pictures that first night! Love the "bridge" shots, I always love that angle. I swear, there are hills at Disney that seem to be new each trip. Like I didn't notice it was a hill before. :rotfl: Bummer that Nikki didn't like her drink, I am hoping over break to finally get over to the dining report. So pretty in the WS over the holidays, I cannot wait to see it for real finally.

Out of curiosity, why did Des get an AP but Andy didn't?

I always hear about Pop Warner, but what exactly is it? I've never known. Sorry they were at your resort though, that is a huge bummer.

Hi, Cynthia. I like that bridge shot too.

You really should read Nicki's dining reviews...they are great.

Andy didn't get an AP because he doesn't have any plans to go next year (although he's already thinking of going in December if we go and he doesn't have a job); Des got one because she is going in February with her cousin and with her family in October.

Pop Warner is a youth football and cheerleading group; they have their championships at Disney every year at the time we were there.

I would be so irked about the kids being loud at the pool. Thats ridiculous. I have heard Disney is lax with Pop Warner kids.

I had heard Disney was cracking down on them; obviously, they didn't do it. :furious:

What a fun first day! Love the hat pics and the dueling lollipops!:rotfl: You got a lot of really nice photopass pics. We never seem to see the photopass guys at any pretty spots, just the usual castle, ride, etc. spots. I'm sorry that your stomach was hurting - starting to get worried what it will be... too bad about the party crowd. :sad2:

I wanted to add that I was sad to hear about the passing of Manntra. She will be so missed here and at home, I'm sure. I am praying for her family and friends.

Now have a Merry Christmas! I hope you get to have time with both of your boys! I will have one of mine here, so I'm beyond excited!

It was an awesome first day...laughs, hugs, fun...it couldn't have been better. The one at the bridge at Epcot is usually always there./COLOR]

The stomach got better...late the next day.

Manntra (Tracy) will surely be missed.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too. We will have Andy here with us. Unfortunately, Mark and Alisha can't come in, but we are going by them next weekend.

Great updates! I love all of the photopass pictures, I really love the cute holiday borders they have! Everyone looks like they are having a great time in Epcot! :banana:

Thanks, Jen; I think the holiday borders are awesome. We had a great night at Epcot.

Ugh don't you hate when you're in a park, and then you get so tired and you have to leave immediately? It's like all of the hours of walking and having fun hits you all at once and you just crash! :faint:

We're not used to doing a park our first day and we wwere up early and it caught up to us.

I love the Boardwalk, but that bakery does get packed! The Swan looks adorable, I really have to check out the Swan and Dolphin someday! :thumbsup2

I don't care for the Swan or Dolphin as a place to stay (although I may very well do it next December), but the decorations were beautiful.

I was wondering how going during Pop Warner week would be, so they were obnoxious at CSR? I've heard they are fine in the parks, but they are really annoying at the resorts. :( If they were really loud, I would probably ask to move. :mad:

They were impossible at the resort...I was NOT a happy camper.

Merry Christmas Kathy & Mark!!!

628191qxy5h1z207.gif

Merry Christmas to you and your family too, Rosie.

to complain about the Pop Warner people and how they were rude, ignorant and no supervision. I heard back today and we were given a $300 credit on our credit card with their deepest apologies. I truly appreciated the effort and the long phone call I had with them.

Another fun update!! Great pics of all of you!! I also really liked the the way the trees looked outside the Swan!!!
I am glad you complained, and that they compensated you. I would have been LIVID!!

Check out my ticker :)

Another fun update!! Great pics of all of you!! I also really liked the the way the trees looked outside the Swan!!!
I am glad you complained, and that they compensated you. I would have been LIVID!!

Check out my ticker :)

LOVE THE TICKER; now keeping fingers crossed that I get the time off.

That's good that you complained, not because you got a credit (though that's obviously nice), but because they need to know what happened.

Love, love, loving the updates!! :goodvibes

I loved seeing the video of Nicki surprising your handsome, hat wearing hubby. :lovestruc His response was priceless! Totally worth all the headache, at least I hope it was! :laughing:

I've commented on most of your pictures on FB, but I'm sure loving all the pics this trip!! Wow! Y'all got some really great photos!! You would never know you weren't feeling well. :sad2:

By the way, Des really knows how to play to the camera! She looks so cute with your boy in all their pics! :lovestruc

The pictures of the boys sleeping is too cute!! :rotfl: Not to mention the dueling lollipops!! :laughing: I like seeing they know how to get into as much trouble as the gals do. :woohoo:

Your first day looked like it met up to all your expectations and more! That is, until you didn't get any sleep. :rolleyes:

to complain about the Pop Warner people and how they were rude, ignorant and no supervision. I heard back today and we were given a $300 credit on our credit card with their deepest apologies. I truly appreciated the effort and the long phone call I had with them.

I'm happy to hear they were concerned enough to try and make this right. I sure wish Disney would realize POP Warner is a detriment to their business rather than seeing it as a money maker. :rolleyes: I have never heard a good thing about them when it comes to staying on WDW property, wish they would get their act together. I wonder if there is anyone you/we can complain to with Pop Warner?

The updates are fabulous and I am SO happy you received a little compensation for what you endured.

I wanted to make sure I wished one of my favorite people a truly blessed Christmas with many happy family memories!

What a bummer about the loud and obnoxious people at the pool - right outside your door, no less... I am very glad you were able to complain and that Disney compensated you.

I just wanted to stop by and wish you a...

mickey-mouse-disney-christmas.jpg

D~ (Sorry it's so big...)

that's a nice chunk of change to get back from Disney :thumbsup2

wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

How awesome !!! But let's hope they also talked to the CM's working and instructed them how to avoid costing Disney $300 again!!!:thumbsup2 I can't say I have ever had a problem at Pop !! But Judy would tell you when I sleep ain't nothing gonna disturb me :rotfl2::rotfl2:

KatMark said:

Maybe we should have complained about that too then...

My sis and bil each got a one day pass as compensation for our food allergy complaint. We were concerned enough about that though that pop Warner was nothing more than a minor annoyance in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter