• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6/5/08 3 Night Wonder Trip Report- with Navigators, 20 tips, and 100+ photos!!!

did you try the lobster burger on Castaway Cay?

I don't think they serve lobster burgers on the three night cruise. No lobster in the dining rooms, so no lobster burgers. I didn't see any this trip.

I have tried the lobster burgers on my previous visits to Castaway Cay. I think a more descriptive title might be bread crumb burger with lobster flavoring. Seriously, the "Lobster" burgers don't really have a whole lot of lobster in them. Try the chicken or ribs instead!

TCD

Our Last Night on the Wonder

There was an "important" debarkation presentation at 4:30 pm. The Navigators state: "We request that at least one member of each family attend this important talk." If you have been paying attention, you would know that Mrs. TCD and I were still on Castaway Cay at 4:30. We missed the
debarkation talk! Oh no!

Actually, this leads me to my next tip:

Tip # 22- Skip the debarkation presentation.

You might say: "that's crazy talk." But it isn't. That presentation will be played continuously all night on one of the TV channels in your stateroom. Just listen to it while you are packing. Trust me, you will get off the boat. They will see to that. The debarkation talk on this cruise was given by our cruise director, Clayton. To his credit, he did not use a joke that I have heard on every cruise that I have taken. Invariably, the person giving this talk will always remind the audience to not forget to leave out clothes to wear when leaving the ship. He or she will always claim that on the last cruise, some passengers had to leave the ship in their pajamas! I guess I have been on 20 cruises, and this lame story has been told on every one of them. But, not by Clayton. So, props to Clayton for breaking the mold.

TCD

This made me laugh. We are going on our first cruise in December, but we have been to many, many all inclusives. My DH still does not pass on the first day intro meetings at the AI's, even though he has been through the drill a dozen times. There is no way he will miss the debarkation talk... I must copy this for him and see if he can resist...

Thanks for taking the time to put together such a detailed and informative report, it was a great read!!

Thanks Tri - Circle - D for a great report. We live just up the road from you and your family. We live in New Port Richey. We went on a 7 day Disney Cruise last October and loved it. We took our granddaughter with us and she had a blast. (So did DW and myself) We are going on our first 3 day Disney cruise this October and we can't wait. Again, Thanks for the great report.

Thanks Tri - Circle - D for a great report. We live just up the road from you and your family. We live in New Port Richey. We went on a 7 day Disney Cruise last October and loved it. We took our granddaughter with us and she had a blast. (So did DW and myself) We are going on our first 3 day Disney cruise this October and we can't wait. Again, Thanks for the great report.

Port Richey checking in here.Going on our 1st cruise this Sept.and thank you also for a great report.

rich

Port Richey checking in here.Going on our 1st cruise this Sept.and thank you also for a great report.

rich

Hello Pasco County!!

Thanks for checking in, and have a great time on your cruises!

TCD

Well Andrew, I will be posting live next weekend, but I am sure it will be nowhere near as exciting, or detailed and lengthy, as yours...That said, your trip report should be added en masse to the Passporter site as an addendum for posterity as it is probably the most detailed ever written, and should be viewed by others in the future as you have answered many questions.

Alternatively, perhaps you could find a way to have it recreated under an easily identifiable link.

As for a Disboards group for next week, does not look like there will be one.

However, the Turkey Day Gang for 2009 is going very strong and I anticipate a dinner link that may rival the 28 cabins we had in 2005.

Chuck:cool1:

Had to check in then and say that I loved your trip report!

By the way, I grew up in Palm Harbor and live over in Orlando now, so had to give you a bump since you're from Dunedin ;)

WOW!! this was so great.:smokin:
we are going on our first DCL in sept and what a huge help this TR was. so much info!!

Well Andrew, I will be posting live next weekend, but I am sure it will be nowhere near as exciting, or detailed and lengthy, as yours...That said, your trip report should be added en masse to the Passporter site as an addendum for posterity as it is probably the most detailed ever written, and should be viewed by others in the future as you have answered many questions.

Alternatively, perhaps you could find a way to have it recreated under an easily identifiable link.

As for a Disboards group for next week, does not look like there will be one.

However, the Turkey Day Gang for 2009 is going very strong and I anticipate a dinner link that may rival the 28 cabins we had in 2005.

Chuck:cool1:

Chuck- I hope that you and Lisa have a great time. I really would like to hear what it is like to be on the Wonder on the 4th of July! You will be in Nassau that day, and then it normally would be Pirate Night- so no matter what, you are going to have fireworks on the 4th. I'd be interested in hearing what goes on in Nassau on the 4th- so please fill us in!!

If the 2009 Turkey Day Gang gets close to 2005's that will be quite an accomplishment!

I don't know what it is about the three night cruises, and the Disboard meets. There just is not a lot of interest. It will be a new experience for you family to sail like the normal folks. IMHO, it is a blessing in disguise, because there just is not time to meet new people and socialize with them on a three night cruise.

Have a great cruise!

TCD

Had to check in then and say that I loved your trip report!

By the way, I grew up in Palm Harbor and live over in Orlando now, so had to give you a bump since you're from Dunedin ;)

PALM HARBOR!

That's where I am right now!

Thanks for the bump.

TCD

WOW!!! that was GREAT!!! the Pics and descriptions were FAB....

I am doing my first Disney cruise July 31, and I think I am going to be more excited than the kids!!! pssst... We are surprising them!!! They are only 5, and 3, oth girls.....

I do have a question...where did you get the magnets with the names that you used on your door???

WOW!!! that was GREAT!!! the Pics and descriptions were FAB....

I am doing my first Disney cruise July 31, and I think I am going to be more excited than the kids!!! pssst... We are surprising them!!! They are only 5, and 3, oth girls.....

I do have a question...where did you get the magnets with the names that you used on your door???

The design for the magnets came from Disboard member ImTooExcitedtoSleep.

You can find him on this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=24408582#post24408582&highlight=

I sent him a request by private message, and he sent the name tags back to me complete with my family's names. Then buy some magnet printer paper at an office supply place, and you are in business.

TCD

TCD,

Thanks for such an informative trip report. I agree with the previous posters that you answered every question my husband and I had regarding our upcoming 3 day cruise. We are going September 4th and have booked reservations for dinner at Palo's. My husband had been concerned about bringing a jacket for dinner, but in reading your report it sounds like things have loosened up a bit and it's not necessary.

Posters like you are what make the DISboards such a great place. Thanks again!

Bump, this is one that needs to be kept near the top for people considering a 3 or 4 night cruise. It definitely helped in my planning.

Hey Turkey!

As usual, Andrew, you tell a great story. I read the whole thing. War and Peace no longer worries me.

It was fun to read your references to our old 2005 Turkey Day Gang. That was a memorable cruise for the Miller Family. I still stay in touch with Lampy, Doogie, Rob, Priscilla, Chuck, Lisa, 5J's. Made some friends on that cruise that are very special. I count the TCD family among those. The girls are growing too fast, huh? I would never believe that my youngest DD(13) would outgrow the play area at Castaway Cay! My girls now prefer RCCL. Who'd a thunk it?

Your cartwheel in the atrium lobby reminds me of your pool competition and pirate dance competitions with Lampy. You would have smoked him had he not broke out with that Curley Shuffle. I always thought that was a little unfair of him. Good to see that you still can make the moves without back injury.

Stay in touch, buddy! Let me know if the TCD family sails again. Maybe I can get my bunch back on Disney.

Hey Willie-

Rob and Priscilla and Chuck and I are booked for the 2009 Thanksgiving Magic. It's an Eastern Itinerary. We would love for the Miller and TCD families to join in for a Turkey reunion!!! :thumbsup2

Lisa

don't discourage us landlubbers...we are also Pirates waiting for our ship to board!!!:rotfl2: besides I'm going Nov. 2009!!! I wanna pick your brain!!!

Nicely Done! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Now, go back to the camping community board before I lose all of my new cruising buddy readers! :lmao:

Nobody here knows anything about otters, peacocks or kungaloosh.;)

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter