6/29/15 Magic to Norway & Iceland

We went on this trip with high expectations about 5 years ago and the area still managed to exceed those expectations especially when combined with Jamestown and Yorktown. A little known gem in the area is Bacon's Castle.

Happy to hear that I actually am the Risk Manager and Director of Procurement at CW.

That makes three families or family members on #10. Anyone else out there? How should we celebrate?

Well, if we use the binary system, it could be my cruise 10! :)

In all seriousness, congrats to all of you who will be celebrating milestone cruises! (My and my parents' first was to Alaska, Iceland will be our second and my sister's family's first.)

Hmmm .... at the rate we're going, maybe we'll celebrate our tenth with a stop at Castaway Cay!! :goodvibes

That makes three families or family members on #10. Anyone else out there? How should we celebrate?

We will be #10 but not plat till after we complete 10, correct? I sure wish DCL counted nights instead of cruises because surely we would already be there. Will be tied up when out cruise reservation opens. Will miss it by a week. Worried that I won't get a massage time :( or a shot at pop excursions. Have honestly been considering a short 3 or 4 day on January to push us past the gold to platinum.

Well, if we use the binary system, it could be my cruise 10! :)

In all seriousness, congrats to all of you who will be celebrating milestone cruises! (My and my parents' first was to Alaska, Iceland will be our second and my sister's family's first.)

Hmmm .... at the rate we're going, maybe we'll celebrate our tenth with a stop at Castaway Cay!! :goodvibes

Making me think in the DIS world is not fair. Figured it out though. Good use of math!

"On the first sea day, please notice our newest enrichment program: A BINARY REFRESHER COURSE. It will meet in the Walt Disney Theater and our guests will learn the secrets of encryption":rotfl:

We will be #10 but not plat till after we complete 10, correct? I sure wish DCL counted nights instead of cruises because surely we would already be there. Will be tied up when out cruise reservation opens. Will miss it by a week. Worried that I won't get a massage time :( or a shot at pop excursions. Have honestly been considering a short 3 or 4 day on January to push us past the gold to platinum.

Family/family member #4 going Platinum at end of cruise. Keep the count coming!

You are correct that Platinum recognition begins upon completion of cruise. We think alike, but you should have seen the look on DW face when I suggested an extra and short mid-winter cruise to accelerate Platinum.

In our case #9 is the 9 night Norway preceding this sailing so an extra cruise wouldn't help our booking window. I quickly pointed out that I want to qualify for my free Palo meal. Pay for a cruise, get Palo meal free. Makes sense right?:confused3

Hello to all. My Life Partner, Bill, and I are doing BTB cruises and this will be the beginning of our adventure. I'm just now getting started doing some research for the trip and need to read through the previous pages of this thread. We are sailing Oct. 4 on the Magic in the Southern Caribbean and then will be able to concentrate more on June 2015.

It will be #10 for me as well. I am a couple ahead of the rest of my family.

I'm a few ahead of my family, too. It will be my first platinum cruise, but unfortunately cruise #10 is within a few months of Iceland so I won't have the booking benefits. We get two rooms, so it probably wouldn't help me out too much anyway.

Family/family member #4 going Platinum at end of cruise. Keep the count coming!

You are correct that Platinum recognition begins upon completion of cruise. We think alike, but you should have seen the look on DW face when I suggested an extra and short mid-winter cruise to accelerate Platinum.

In our case #9 is the 9 night Norway preceding this sailing so an extra cruise wouldn't help our booking window. I quickly pointed out that I want to qualify for my free Palo meal. Pay for a cruise, get Palo meal free. Makes sense right?:confused3

I kinda did that :) I could have moved a 4 night Magic cruise this past May to this cruise.... but by doing the cruise I am now Platinum for this one!!

The early booking of excursions is one perk I look forward to. But I am sure that there are alot of Platinum on this cruise.

Debbie

Hello to all. My Life Partner, Bill, and I are doing BTB cruises and this will be the beginning of our adventure. I'm just now getting started doing some research for the trip and need to read through the previous pages of this thread. We are sailing Oct. 4 on the Magic in the Southern Caribbean and then will be able to concentrate more on June 2015.

:welcome:

Glad to have you aboard!

Debbie

:welcome: aboard!

The early booking of excursions is one perk I look forward to. But I am sure that there are alot of Platinum on this cruise. Debbie

Our favorite perk of being platinum is booking cruises a day earlier than silver/gen public & booking Remy/Palo ;) This cruise will be #16 for us (and there are three cruises to complete before this cruise!!!). Our DD is one behind us.

Oh, the bottle of prosecco is our 2nd fave perk. Delish!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Making me think in the DIS world is not fair. Figured it out though. Good use of math!

"On the first sea day, please notice our newest enrichment program: A BINARY REFRESHER COURSE. It will meet in the Walt Disney Theater and our guests will learn the secrets of encryption":rotfl:

LOL ... Sorry for making you think, but thanks for the laugh! :)

Our favorite perk of being platinum is booking cruises a day earlier than silver/gen public & booking Remy/Palo ;) This cruise will be #16 for us (and there are three cruises to complete before this cruise!!!). Our DD is one behind us.

Oh, the bottle of prosecco is our 2nd fave perk. Delish!!!

So far I've had good luck booking on opening general public day for inaugural Alaska season in 2011 and silver/general opening day for this cruise ... Thanks in no small part to these boards and being on the phone at 8AM.

For Alaska we did the ABD add-on ... so no excursion worries there. Here's hoping all you golds and platinums on this cruise leave some excursion spots open for us silver and first-timers! :goodvibes

Here's hoping all you golds and platinums on this cruise leave some excursion spots open for us silver and first-timers! :goodvibes

It's a true rarity that we book DCL excursions. One in 2012 and then a big lull. I was shocked to find a few for our southern Caribbean cruise that were priced reasonably and we competitive w/local companies! So, we'll see about this cruise but I know in Iceland we are doing our own thing & I *think* we are piggybacking on another group in Norway (not confirmed yet tho). I'd love to see the Atlantic Road.....

We are only one family tho ;)

Congrats to all those getting to platimum. This is #13 for DH & me. I agree about the number of cruises. Our 12 cruises total more than 120 days! I have to say being platimum on a cruise this popular is a benefit but not much. It is definately more an advantage on cruises that are not a first on the route.
Welcome to all the new folks that just posted.

It's a true rarity that we book DCL excursions. One in 2012 and then a big lull. I was shocked to find a few for our southern Caribbean cruise that were priced reasonably and we competitive w/local companies! So, we'll see about this cruise but I know in Iceland we are doing our own thing & I *think* we are piggybacking on another group in Norway (not confirmed yet tho). I'd love to see the Atlantic Road.....

We are only one family tho ;)

I'd second this sentiment. The more we've sailed the more we go off on our own. Bird watching is our addiction and I've never seen a cruise sponsored excursion dedicated to this. Admittedly, we have done this mostly in the Caribbean and Mexico. However, last year we sailed with Princess for the first time to the British Isles. We had ten ports and we managed a private tour in each one. CC boards were helpful in finding families to share tours/costs with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter