6/29/15 Magic to Norway & Iceland

Norway_zpsc68d11f3.jpg

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS! WE SET SAIL IN 65 WEEKS! THAT IS 455 DAYS!
:banana::banana::banana:
madicdcl_zpsc21d6c0d.jpg

Oh how I loved these messages when on the Maiden Cruise!!!:love::love::love:

Hello PurdueMouse, from another Purdue family! My eldest just graduated from there last year, and stayed in the Purdue network by doing her graduate work at the Fort Wayne Campus! She was also a Disney College Rep at Purdue. Purdue has served her well and opened many doors for her future.

My preliminary flight search has consisted of finding which airlines fly non-stop to Copenhagen and back from London out of O'Hare. I fear flying tremendously, so the fewer take-offs, the better. Not much to choose from if this summer is any indication, but then who knows what the schedules will be like by next summer.

Calypso76, thank you for those pictures! I can almost smell the freshness in the air! And I found my cabin! :goodvibes

So am I the only one that looks at pictures like that and tries to imagine what it is like to live in such a place? I often wonder if, when people visit where I live, do they think, "wow, must be a great place to live", when I am busy thinking the same of where they came from? I also pick up real estate brochures wherever I go, just because I am weird that way.:p

We're booked! and none too soon. According to our T/A all rooms are now "guarantee only." We are back in "our" cabins. Three sailings and the same rooms each time. Our T/A is the best. :cool1:
Family of five: Mom and Dad, Sister, Nephew (17) and me. This is a very magical and monumental cruise. Parent's 50th wedding anniversary, sister graduating with her master's degree, nephew graduating from high school, and me graduating with my bachelor's degree.
So excited to meet new and old friends.

Has

The sweaters are beautiful and very reasonable. We were on the Baltics 2010 innagural cruise and bought it in Oslo. I've worn it almost weekly throughout the winter season. So many people ask me where I bought such a beautiful sweater.

Well we are back in. Deposit paid. Honestly I am still not sure we will do this cruise. Airfare is a killer. Still I hope we do. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Alan ! I'm so happy you are back in for now :) there are so many familiar people on this cruise from our panama and Hawaii trips :)

Alan ! I'm so happy you are back in for now :) there are so many familiar people on this cruise from our panama and Hawaii trips :)
Thanks. I have to be honest and if I was a betting man we will be out again. Lots if things working against us being on this voyage first of which is the airfare. It may cost just as much as the cruise and that's outrageous. Second is I am not of fan of no darkness. I love the dark so that 22 hours of daylight in a couple of the ports is a minus. Third I hate cold weather. Average highs of 54. Not liking that much, but I sooooo want to go to these places so I can suck up the weather and the no darkness but I can't justify paying the sane amout I am paying for the cruise in airfare. So we will see. Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Just getting around to checking in here. It will be my DH and myself-celebrating our 20th anniversary.

So excited!!

21 pages already? I have some catching up to do!

Terrie I really did miss your countdowns-great to see one again!

The House of J's is very excited to be going on this cruise. This will be our 10th DCL Cruise at the time of sailing. My kids, Jarrett 12 and Julia 9 are very excited to be going out of the country other than on a cruise ship.

Looking forward to meeting up with some friends we met on the Oct. Hawaiian Cruise we did on the Wonder.

Has a Facebook page been set up for this cruise yet?

Joey, Jennifer, Joseph, Jarrett and Julia

Yeah! So happy we will be together! :cool1:

So happy to be joining this cruise. We (Mickey&Joshnut-Elaine) and I will be going B2B2B2B. This is our last cruise of our journey. Can't wait.

Just got off the Magic on a 3 night itinerary. The crew is definitely excited for 2015 and are already trying to figure out their schedules so they are on the ship for these itineraries!

:welcome: aboard! I am sure we are as excited to be with the crew on this sailing! This will be our 14th DCL cruise but the first time on the Magic!

Wow! This thread has grown fast! Thanks for all the great tips and links. We just got off the Wonder yesterday. Sounds like I should have booked when we boarded on the 26th. We are silver CC so I don't know when my booking option date was. Cost for 4 = $8666 w/10% OBB cat 9 D. Veranda rooms are nearly sold out!

We are from St. John Indiana about 40 miles from Chicago. DD 27 lives in Chicago. I would love PM's from people flying out of ORD!! I will need carrier suggestions.
Traveling also with DD 16 who is beyond excited!

:welcome: aboard!

Oh how I loved these messages when on the Maiden Cruise!!!:love::love::love:

I am so glad to know that :goodvibes This time around I will be varying them a bit more :artist:

We're booked! and none too soon. According to our T/A all rooms are now "guarantee only." We are back in "our" cabins. Three sailings and the same rooms each time. Our T/A is the best. :cool1:
Family of five: Mom and Dad, Sister, Nephew (17) and me. This is a very magical and monumental cruise. Parent's 50th wedding anniversary, sister graduating with her master's degree, nephew graduating from high school, and me graduating with my bachelor's degree.
So excited to meet new and old friends.

Has

:welcome: aboard!

The sweaters are beautiful and very reasonable. We were on the Baltics 2010 innagural cruise and bought it in Oslo. I've worn it almost weekly throughout the winter season. So many people ask me where I bought such a beautiful sweater.

I will definitely be buying some sweaters even if I knly get to wear them once or twice a year :upsidedow

Just getting around to checking in here. It will be my DH and myself-celebrating our 20th anniversary.

So excited!!

21 pages already? I have some catching up to do!

Terrie I really did miss your countdowns-great to see one again!

YAY! :welcome: aboard! What a way to celebrate! Glad to know you enjoy the countdowns :hourglass You guys sure do know how to make my day :goodvibes

FISH EXTENDER sign up link and list link now on page ONE

Wow, so many pages already! We're booked on this sailing too but just now getting around to the thread. Travel party is:

Me (Justine)
Husband (Joey)
Madison - 11
Henry - 8
Scarlett - 5
Sebastian - 18 months
My mom (Dorothy)
MIL (Susan)
FIL (Joe)

We're in 6064, 6066, another 5B, and an 11A. (Don't have the room numbers for the grandparent rooms.)

Wow, so many pages already! We're booked on this sailing too but just now getting around to the thread. Travel party is:

Me (Justine)
Husband (Joey)
Madison - 11
Henry - 8
Scarlett - 5
Sebastian - 18 months
My mom (Dorothy)
MIL (Susan)
FIL (Joe)

We're in 6064, 6066, another 5B, and an 11A. (Don't have the room numbers for the grandparent rooms.)

:welcome: aboard!!!

It will be just me Barb traveling solo. Best trip every cruise wise was Mediterranean 2011. I also travel a lot with ABD and loved Greece My favorite character is cruella de bill but more like Merida. By the way.i am from New Orleans .

Hi All

We have booked too!! Yippee!!
I was gobsmacked at how the category i wanted went up USD1400 in 30 minutes on opening day online!!!! What the?!?!?!?:confused3

Anyways we are a family of 5 from Sydney, Australia and wondered if we were the only ones from Australia to come do this amazing Baltic Disney Cruise.....

There will be:
Me- Yvonne
Husband- Quang
Julia- 14 (their ages at the time of the cruise)
Ben- 12
Alex-10

I'm sure all 3 kids will be in different clubs this time.

Can someone tell me when they will post the port adventures???? :goodvibes

We have been on the Disney Fantasy Jan 5 2013 Western Carribean.
7 nights was not quite enough to do everything....this 11 night one will be purrrrrfect!!!

All you cruisers out there will allocated rooms are soooo lucky!!
We had to take GTY reservations.......

Talk soon, and keep posting!!!

It will be just me Barb traveling solo. Best trip every cruise wise was Mediterranean 2011. I also travel a lot with ABD and loved Greece My favorite character is cruella de bill but more like Merida. By the way.i am from New Orleans .

:welcome: aboard Barb! We love ABD and are hoping there is an add on offered for this cruise.

Hi All

I was gobsmacked at how the category i wanted went up USD1400 in 30 minutes on opening day online!!!! What the?!?!?!?:confused3

Anyways we are a family of 5 from Sydney, Australia and wondered if we were the only ones from Australia to come do this amazing Baltic Disney Cruise.....

There will be:
Me- Yvonne
Husband- Quang
Ben- 12
Alex-10

7 nights was not quite enough to do everything....this 11 night one will be purrrrrfect!!!

:welcome: aboard Yvonne! No idea about the port adventures but can't wait to see what will be offered! DH feels the same way about the cruises. 7 nights just isn't enough.

Hi All

There will be:
Me- Yvonne
Husband- Quang
Ben- 12
Alex-10

Yvonne - my husband is from Sydney :) I think I left that out of my intro post haha. We were in Sydney just this past Christmas for 3 weeks. He would love to catch up with some Aussies on board!

So am I the only one that looks at pictures like that and tries to imagine what it is like to live in such a place? I often wonder if, when people visit where I live, do they think, "wow, must be a great place to live", when I am busy thinking the same of where they came from? I also pick up real estate brochures wherever I go, just because I am weird that way.:p

You are not the only one! I am a Realtor here near Disney World and I do this alllll the time... LOL! It's part of why I became a Realtor! I figured it would be great to be paid for selling all the homes I want to look at anyway. I always get the Sunday paper when we travel too. Glad I am not the only one picking up brochures!

Tracy

After @knabebug posted, i checked our cabin category too. It went up $2100! YIKES!

Oddly enough, all the categories (except the 1 bedroom concierge) are GTY now. I have never seen that before. Seems strange. I wonder how many actual cabins are left.

But then again, I have never seen so much change in prices and availability since I started sailing with them over 6 years ago.

Looks like we are in for a wild ride!popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter