• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6/29/15 Magic to Norway & Iceland

Hi all! We just booked and I'm extremely excited for this cruise! There's three of us, my parents and myself (I'll be 19). This will be our 6th Disney cruise. We also did the Baltic in 2010 and so far that's been my favorite cruise.

Jumping in to say hi since I will be joining you all on this cruise! I'm very excited!

We will also be adding more young kids to the mix.

In my stateroom will be me (Cindy), DH (Matt) and our twin boys who will be 4 at the time of the cruise. We are also traveling with a group of family and friends consisting of 7 additional adults and a 4yo girl, 6yo boy, and 10yo girl.

Hi there!

Just booked this, I am pretty sure in a moment of insanity.

Me, my partner of 7 years, and our two girls (will be 5 and 4).

Can't wait to get to know you all!

Joining in to say we booked this morning! Our first cruise EVER as we never thought we were the cruising type, but Iceland has long been on my bucket list. Hubby is joining, we will be celebrating 5 year anniversary on the trip. Also coming along are a couple of friends. So excited!

Greetings to an already fun group.

We booked on Tuesday but I've been too swamped to check here and certainly didn't expect 10 pages. Good omen!

We are Meg & Greg and sons Cooper (9) and Spencer (7) in 7604. My mom Alice is booked in an 6007. We're hoping to get more family onboard, but it appears to be filling up rather quickly.

We're in for fish extenders when the time comes.

Exciting!

Hi
We just booked this cruise as well. We live in Denmark, so we were very happy to see Copenhagen as the departure port.

I always wanted to see Iceland and Faroe Islands (actually a part of Denmark) and doing so traveling on a Disney ship is just perfect.

We will be my husband and I and our two sons who will be 9 and 2 by the time we sail.

In Copenhagen, I figure I can get by with some German, as there is a bit of similarity in the languages, I will just need to brush up on it. Will I find that to be the case in the other ports? Probably best to download a language app from Itunes I suppose.

In Copenhagen everybody will be speaking English. Our Kids start learning the language in 1th grade. Most people will be able to speak some German but I'm pretty sure most will prefer English.

Hi
We just booked this cruise as well. We live in Denmark, so we were very happy to see Copenhagen as the departure port.

I see you live in Aarhus, my father's uncle lived there when I visited many years ago, also had family in Birkerød and Copenhagen. I've wanted to go back ever since and am so happy the Magic is going to port there. I loved the Tuborg Grøn when I was there and spent many evenings imbibing with the "happiest people on earth".

I'm booked with my daughter who has already posted here-DMMarla07860.

Hi Everyone!

I've wanted to visit Iceland and Norway since I was a little girl and a Disney Cruise seemed like the best way to convince my family to join me on the adventure!

This will be the second cruise for my parents and I. Our first was DCL Alaska in 2011 - the only things missing from that cruise were my sister, brother-in-law, and three nephews ... fortunately, they're booked to come on this one with us!! (Boys will be aged 8, 6, and 6 at time of sailing.) It will be their first cruise ... unless we can swing a cheap, short, last minute one in at some point to let them test out their sea legs!

Transferred OBBs today ... staterooms are a bit more spread out than we would like, but hoping we can make some changes once "holds without deposits" are released. That aside, spending only 15 minutes on hold calling at exactly 8:00 AM this morning seemed like a great start to what I know will be an awesome cruise!

Just want to say I hope you all enjoy. It looks like I am going to let my hold on this cruise cancel out. It's just to expensive for my tastes especially after I add in airfare from Los Angeles. As amazing as this looks and as badly I want to do it, I have to be smart about it. I will rejoin if we change our minds but right now we are out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I'm excited to see so many with younger kids. Our oldest is quite the social butterfly (both with girls and boys) and gets tired of his little brother, so he'll be happy to know he won't be the only under 10.
We're not celebrating an anniversary, but this is Jeff's (DH) 40th birthday trip. We were going to do Alaska, but when this came on the radar, (surprisingly) he wanted to switch. How many other folks are local to WDW?

Hi :wave2: fellow Floridian. We are in Ft. Lauderdale, just a 3 hour jaunt. We will actually be in WDW this weekend for F&G. It's been a whole 3 months since we were last there and I am suffering pixie dust coated withdrawal symptoms :upsidedow

Booked this morning online! Yayayayayay!
This will be our most expensive cruise ever but I hope worth it!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

:welcome: aboard! This is our most expensive cruise too! :faint:

Hello! We just booked this morning!!! So excited. I have been sitting at work beaming all day - so hard to concentrate.

It will be myself, my husband and our daughter (who will be 5 when we cruise). yea - let the research begin!!!

:welcome: aboard! I feel the same way!

Booked yesterday. Really looking forward to this one and sailing again with my 2005 PC friends and the Fantasy Maiden voyage!

:welcome: aboard Janis! It's good to be sailing with you again!

I'm new on here but excited to be joining along with you guys! This will be our second cruise on DCL (first was just a 3 night Bahamas). It will be me, my husband and our 3 kids who will be 6, 4, and 2. We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! It's always been one of my dreams to visit Norway and Iceland and the timing just happened to coincide without 10th anniversary, yay! We were lucky to get one of the last 4a's this morning before they sold out. Finding a room that fits all 5 of us can be tricky!

Can't wait to research the ports, excursions, airfare, etc with you guys. Glad to see there are a few others with younger kids too!

Thinking about adding a couple of days on at the end to explore London. Another place I'd love to visit.

:welcome: aboard and :welcome: to the DISboards! What a great 10th anniversary celebration! We will probably arrive a couple of days early in Denmark to visit.

We are in! We booked yesterday, but just made some final decisions today to do this cruise and not the 12 night St. Petersburg.

Along with me are my DD who will be almost 14 by then and my DD who will be almost 9. This will be our 9th cruise on DCL. We are doing the Double Dip on the Dream in October 2014. We did the 12 night Med last summer.

We are so looking forward to Norway and Iceland. The plan is to spend a few days in Copenhagen before and a bit longer in London after.

Can't wait to start planning…love to hear any and all tips about this FROZEN adventure we are all about to take! We will see you on the FB page too!

:welcome: aboard! The Med is also on the bucket list for us. This will be our 14th DCL cruise. We are going to Alaska in August and have a NYE cruise after that.

Dropped Alaska and booked this today instead. Missed out on platinum pricing, but that's ok.

Just wanted to say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:welcome: aboard!

With all this talk about fabulous Norway sweaters, I have officially started my shopping list for this cruise :)

LOL You and me both!!! I loved the one you got in Scotland last year!

As anyone mentioned doing fish extenders yet?

Haven't seen anything yet. If anyone wants to spearhead a FE group let me know and I will add the info on the first page.

Hi there!

Me, my partner of 7 years, and our two girls (will be 5 and 4).

Can't wait to get to know you all!

:welcome: aboard! Moments of insanity sometimes lead to some of the best experiences :goodvibes

Joining in to say we booked this morning! Our first cruise EVER as we never thought we were the cruising type, but Iceland has long been on my bucket list. Hubby is joining, we will be celebrating 5 year anniversary on the trip. Also coming along are a couple of friends. So excited!

:welcome: aboard! WOW! Talk about starting off with a bang :rotfl2: I see we have quire a few people celebrating their anniversaries on this voyage. I think that beats dinner and a movie any day :)

Greetings to an already fun group.

We booked on Tuesday but I've been too swamped to check here and certainly didn't expect 10 pages. Good omen!

We are Meg & Greg and sons Cooper (9) and Spencer (7) in 7604. My mom Alice is booked in an 6007. We're hoping to get more family onboard, but it appears to be filling up rather quickly.

We're in for fish extenders when the time comes.

Exciting!

:welcome: aboard! It does look like this will be a fun grop :banana:

Hi

I always wanted to see Iceland and Faroe Islands (actually a part of Denmark) and doing so traveling on a Disney ship is just perfect.

We will be my husband and I and our two sons who will be 9 and 2 by the time we sail.

I'm booked with my daughter who has already posted here-DMMarla07860.

Hi Everyone!

I've wanted to visit Iceland and Norway since I was a little girl and a Disney Cruise seemed like the best way to convince my family to join me on the adventure!

This will be the second cruise for my parents and I. Our first was DCL Alaska in 2011 - the only things missing from that cruise were my sister, brother-in-law, and three nephews ... fortunately, they're booked to come on this one with us!! (Boys will be aged 8, 6, and 6 at time of sailing.) It will be their first cruise ... unless we can swing a cheap, short, last minute one in at some point to let them test out their sea legs!

Transferred OBBs today ... staterooms are a bit more spread out than we would like, but hoping we can make some changes once "holds without deposits" are released. That aside, spending only 15 minutes on hold calling at exactly 8:00 AM this morning seemed like a great start to what I know will be an awesome cruise!

:welcome: aboard! We are looking forward to going to Alaska for the first time with DCL this August. I've heard nothing but good things!

We are booked in a 9C as of early this morning. Glad my TA was on top of things. I had my confirmation from her by 6:45am central time. Since then, the price has gone up by $1000. We are super excited. It will be my friend, my son who will be 5 at the time and me. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We are doing Alaska this summer. Let the research begin!

As anyone mentioned doing fish extenders yet?

We've expand the family a bit (I'm certain Jeff was cloned in our oldest son)...
speaking of Jeff, if there is interest, I am certain I can get him to create a website for this cruise. For the '10 WBPC cruise he made a pretty interactive one, complete with deckplans were everyone is. I'll nudge him over to this thread....

:surfweb: I see that Jeff has visited and shared some knowledge... does this mean that he is creating a site for this cruise :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Welcome to everyone! Very exciting to see everyone here.

It will be the 10th Anniversary of the Fish Extender next year... so in true Disney fashion, we have to celebrate any anniversary :lmao: I am NOT volunteering to coordinate... but I must participate ;):)

Debbie

We are looking forward to going to Alaska for the first time with DCL this August. I've heard nothing but good things!

Our sailing was August 16th ... the weather was chilly most days but that didn't dampen the experience. We live about 8 hours north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada ... chilly to me is "sweatshirt / lined windbreaker weather" (temps of about 10-12 Celsius). It did rain off and on, but that didn't stop us from doing any of our planned excursions. (Our helicopter tour and glacier dogsledding excursion was grounded due to fog or snow, though. Major bummer, but we were reimbursed a good amount from ABD and they went above and beyond to come up with alternate excursions for us.)

Speaking of the ABD add-on, it too was AWESOME ... the only "negative" was that we spent our time onboard rushing to fit in regular cruise activities amongst our ABD stuff - definitely no down time! (Looking forward to a more relaxed pace at least some days on this cruise!)

Dropped Alaska and booked this today instead. Missed out on platinum pricing, but that's ok.

Just wanted to say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's all her fault ^^^^^:rotfl2:

Ditto, we moved an OBB to Alaska yesterday and then today decided to jump ship! Sure after the prices went up by the hour - lol :crazy2:

Right now we have 11b GTY (anyone else?) and we are on the ship so that matters the most!
Hi there!

That was so funny and I can relate to that!! :lmao:

It will be me, DH, and DS who will be 11 at the time of the cruise. Looking forward to getting to know this great group more and sharing tidbits. I grew up in Europe (lived in Germany and Italy) as a military brat and can't wait for my DS to experience another continent and see other cultures! :thumbsup2

Heather

Our sailing was August 16th ... the weather was chilly most days but that didn't dampen the experience. We live about 8 hours north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada ... chilly to me is "sweatshirt / lined windbreaker weather" (temps of about 10-12 Celsius). It did rain off and on, but that didn't stop us from doing any of our planned excursions. (Our helicopter tour and glacier dogsledding excursion was grounded due to fog or snow, though. Major bummer, but we were reimbursed a good amount from ABD and they went above and beyond to come up with alternate excursions for us.)

Speaking of the ABD add-on, it too was AWESOME ... the only "negative" was that we spent our time onboard rushing to fit in regular cruise activities amongst our ABD stuff - definitely no down time! (Looking forward to a more relaxed pace at least some days on this cruise!)

We are hoping to do the helicopter glacier and dog sledding tour too. ABD isn't doing any add-ons this year though for Alaska :-( I do hope they decide to do add-ons on this cruise though! Since I am from Florida, to me chilly is anything below 74ºF. At 10-12 Celsius I need a coat and gloves LOL

Hi all, we too are very excited to be jumping on board this cruise with all of you! We includes me, DH, DD (18 when we cruise) and DS 16 (when we cruise). This will be our 8th Disney cruise, including the July 2010 Baltic, a 2011 Alaska, and the Med w/ Greece and Turkey last July. I am sure many of you will be familiar faces on board based on your past cruising history :), and we look forward to seeing everyone. In the meantime, let the planning and researching and dreaming begin in earnest :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter