6/29/15 Magic to Norway & Iceland

Dh and I are all booked! Very happy that the US prices correspond exactly as I thought they would to the British pound. We picked the cheapest option in order to save for port excursions but might consider upgrading (if it doesn't sell out) depending on money over the next year. Very very excited. I have been dying to go to Iceland for years! And to hop off the cruise and be home in 10min will be great.

If anyone needs help/ideas/recommendations for the Dover/Kent area, please just let me know! We've done all the sites, know hotels and restaurants.

Do FE's happen on European cruises? We loved ours on the Dream last month, but I imagine weight restrictions abroad might put people off?

Dh and I are all booked! Very happy that the US prices correspond exactly as I thought they would to the British pound. We picked the cheapest option in order to save for port excursions but might consider upgrading (if it doesn't sell out) depending on money over the next year. Very very excited. I have been dying to go to Iceland for years! And to hop off the cruise and be home in 10min will be great.

If anyone needs help/ideas/recommendations for the Dover/Kent area, please just let me know! We've done all the sites, know hotels and restaurants.

Do FE's happen on European cruises? We loved ours on the Dream last month, but I imagine weight restrictions abroad might put people off?

I'll definitely be looking for advice on Dover. Best airport to fly out from, things to do between getting off the ship and flying home, possibly a hotel for a night...

Great to see this group so active. We booked yesterday DH Paul and I. We are sailing with my DS and BIL ME& Dusty and friends Bill and Pam we have 3 5c cabins next to each other. Looks like we have sailed with some you folks over the past years. Looking forward to the trip.

We are looking at doing round trip air into Heathrow and geting a one way flight from Heathrow to Denmark. At first review this looks a lot less than two one way tickets but we have about 4 months before we can even really reseach airfare.
Sue

I'll definitely be looking for advice on Dover. Best airport to fly out from, things to do between getting off the ship and flying home, possibly a hotel for a night...

We really like going to London and have been there 3 times. Lots to do so you will have to share your interest so we can help. I am sure there are others in the group that have been there even more times than us.
Sue

we did a multi stop airfare search and it priced out decently (of course it's all conjecture). We'll spend a few days in Copenhagen before we board (gotta see Tivoli and get acclimated to non Florida summer heat and humidity). We'll fly straight home afterwards, we'll save England with our kids for another trip.

We really like going to London and have been there 3 times. Lots to do so you will have to share your interest so we can help. I am sure there are others in the group that have been there even more times than us.
Sue
London is awesome, we spent a long weekend there last year (just DH and I). It's just really expensive (and we grew up outside NYC), but amazing. And very walkable

we did a multi stop airfare search and it priced out decently (of course it's all conjecture). We'll spend a few days in Copenhagen before we board (gotta see Tivoli and get acclimated to non Florida summer heat and humidity). We'll fly straight home afterwards, we'll save England with our kids for another trip.

We are gong to Tivoli also! We visited in 2010 and we are excited to go back :)

We booked yesterday! Me, my wife Laura and our 3 lucky kids (22-24). Seems like a nice group here.

We booked yesterday morning after 2 hours on hold! I am so excited.... I never thought we would go to Iceland!

It will be me, my husband Geoff, and our 9 year old and 5 year old.

Hey, I'm Julia and My dad and I booked this cruise yesterday. We don't know for sure we are doing it, will know for sure most likely December 2014-Paid In Full Date. We were going to book a med cruise, but then my Mom and her mother or my nannie, decided they finally wanted to go to Japan, so giving up the Med this year and doing Japan in November. We do have a 3 night on Magic booked April 11th this year though. This cruise worked good with time and Dad wants to get back to Copenhagen, so didn't need to talk him into this:goodvibes

Let me know any questions :)

I looked last night at the one-way fare from London Gatwick to Copenhagen for this June 28 and Easy Jet has flights from £30ish, though hold luggage will cost an extra £20 or so per bag. The low-cost airlines should offer some pretty cheap options.

Good idea we have not tried that yet.

All booked here talk about sticker shock especially because its just me going the 200% fare sucks. Looking forward to seeing/meeting all of you. Can't wait to see the blue lagoon and hopefully Northern Lights :thumbsup2

I'm going to have a TON of questions, I'm sure. The only out of the country traveling I've ever done is Canada (on a school trip in high school, nearly 20 years ago), and where we've gone on DCL (Mexico, Cayman, US Virgin Islands). So flying from the US to Europe is going to be an experience for me.

And as of just a minute or two ago, we are officially BOOKED!! We'll be in room 2590 (9B).

Booked online this morning! I booked a 9C and they were going fast. I would click on an available stateroom and it would be gone. Click on another and it would be gone. I ended up booking a 9C GTY. Prices have gone up $1000 for category 9's in the past 2 hours.

Booked online this morning! I booked a 9C and they were going fast. I would click on an available stateroom and it would be gone. Click on another and it would be gone. I ended up booking a 9C GTY. Prices have gone up $1000 for category 9's in the past 2 hours.

Oh no!!! I have no idea what my final price was - haven't gotten the numbers from our TA yet. Now I'm scared. When I priced out categories this morning, the 9B was under $6000, now it's showing at nearly $6900!!!

That's a hefty difference.

Just checked a few mins ago. As was said before, the suites are all gone. Several categories are all gone. My category 4E is gone, which is not saying much since I think there are only about 8-10 cabins in 4E.

This cruise is the most expensive that we've ever taken. I just about fell on the floor when I booked it yesterday.

Is this a inaugural cruise? If so, is there anything special that we might expect for it?

I'm considerably less excited now...

If I had just booked online this morning when I got up, I would have paid $5,785.24 for a 9B, including insurance.

Because we were trying to transfer an OBB, the prices sky-rocketed and we are now on the hook for $6,213.98, and that doesn't include nearly $500 for insurance.

By transferring the OBB, we LOST over $1000.

I'm honestly a bit devastated at the moment and no longer nearly as excited about this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter