• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6/29/15 Magic to Norway & Iceland

The Lyesfjord cruise excursion opened back up again today. So check it again to see if there's still availability. It may be that DCL can work with the operator to add more capacity as they book up this early. So don't despair yet, more slots may open up the closer we get.
Thanks so much. We can't book until the 31st. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

We booked our Kirkwall tour with a private operator in April of last year and they sold fairly quickly. This one was a pay in full in advance and the cancellation policy was up to 30 days before tour: loss of 50% of tour cost. Less than 30 days notice: loss of 100% of tour cost. I purchased trip insurance just in case and booked the tour for our group of 10. We have Reykjavik and Akureyri booked with a private tour operator and the cancellation policy is much more forgiving.

I found an outside vendor to do the Artic Circle trip from Akureyri . They said they still had some open spots available.

Only 10 days until I can start making my reservations :)

In the meantime...

I am trying to pre-arrange something special to be in our room when we board because it is out honeymoon. However, DCL does not have the option to order anything in Copenhagen. Does anyone know a way I can get some flowers and maybe a fruit tray and some champagne for our sailing?

Do the European cruise have Mickey Bars on them? I am not sure if they will have a provider in Europe. (please don't slam me, but I love them)

Will we have the usual menus, or will they have special menus depending on our destination?

I am curious what DCL will do for the 4th of July. We are in port that night in Reykjavik, and it won't be getting dark so they couldn't do fireworks even if they wanted too.

You can bring champagne on board with you as long it is in your carry on!

Latest FE List:

Cabin #-------------DISName---------------------#Adults-----#Kids-----Misc.
2058.........3PrincessMommy & BigAWL .................2..............3
GTY............KathyinCitrus....................................2..............0........Nothing Fancy
GTY............Wendy151950...................................2..............0
GTY...............JenGud..........................................2..............2........Nut Allergy
GTY................Megs2..........................................2..............3
6608..............Wrabitdad.....................................2..............0
1037..............Disneyxpert...................................2..............0
GTY................Patinm..........................................2.............0
GTY..............JustLoveEeyore................................2.............2
GTY..............IHalem............................................2.............2
7625..............Jetedso..........................................3.............0

Just post if you want to join and I'll add you to the list.

I read on some board that they were adding the ability to purchase in-room gifts in Copenhagen. You may want to call DCL again to see if that is correct.
They are adding Copenhagen. I asked concierge about it, they needed to work out taxes, but it will be added

Does anyone know if we will have to tender at any of the stops?

Wendy, I did check on the in-room gifts. It still does not show Copenhagen, but I will keep checking.

Last edited:
Hi, so my husband and I are silver members and will not be able to book excursions until next week. I have been reading through previous messages and noticed that the Lysefjord cruises appear to be sold out which prompted me to research other options. I have found a fantastic option; however, the price is too steep for just the two of us. The excursion would be through Fjord Events. Below is the itinerary:

07:30 Departure from Port of Stavanger with the sail yacht «Athene»
09:00 Cruising the Lysefjord, close to nature
10:30 Pulpit Rock from below…
11:30 Pick up in the fjord with RIB speedboat. Speed back to port of Stavanger
12:30 Arrival Port of Stavanger

The total cost of the trip is 35.000 NOK including VAT (~$370pp for 12 passengers). A meal and beverages are also included. If you are interested in joining us please send me a message. Just trying to get an idea if there would be enough interest for me to reserve the excursion.

Please add us to the FE list:

Cabin #-------------DISName---------------------#Adults-----#Kids-----Misc.
8598...................MUG318CA.............................2..............0........No allergies or other ailments

Hi, so my husband and I are silver members and will not be able to book excursions until next week. I have been reading through previous messages and noticed that the Lysefjord cruises appear to be sold out which prompted me to research other options. I have found a fantastic option; however, the price is too steep for just the two of us. The excursion would be through Fjord Events. Below is the itinerary:

07:30 Departure from Port of Stavanger with the sail yacht «Athene»
09:00 Cruising the Lysefjord, close to nature
10:30 Pulpit Rock from below…
11:30 Pick up in the fjord with RIB speedboat. Speed back to port of Stavanger
12:30 Arrival Port of Stavanger

The total cost of the trip is 35.000 NOK including VAT (~$370pp for 12 passengers). A meal and beverages are also included. If you are interested in joining us please send me a message. Just trying to get an idea if there would be enough interest for me to reserve the excursion.

BuckI:

Just tried to PM you, but it looks like you don't have enough posts to be eligible for a PM. We have a party of eight (two families of four) who think your private tour sounds great. Both families are currently booked on the Lysefjord Cruise excursion through DCL but are possibly interested in joining you instead. We did have a couple of questions. We are a little worried about the return time cutting it pretty close to the 12:45 all aboard time. How confident are you from your interactions with the tour provider that they will get the group back to the ship on time? Also, can you let us know what the payment terms are in terms of deposit amount and when payment in full is expected (and cancellation terms, just in case)?

Thanks!

Calfan

I thought about it, but those times are too close for comfort. Getting off the boat at 7:30 might be pushing it because DCL excursions have priority, and getting back at 12:30 with an all aboard at 12:45 is a little close for me. Thanks for the offer though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter