5th Annual Christmas Shopping Thread

4 year olds- books? blocks seemed to be popular with the daycare kids, they loved to build stuff for there little people.
mabey a srapbook since shes crafty. Could be a fun activity for you and her to do together (giving the best gift of all, time with mom)
mabey a basic board game like candy land.

i know around here fur real freinds are a hit. got quite a few kids who bring them to school (daycare) I wont admit it but I own one myself

http://www.ebeanstalk.com/single_gifts_finder.php?ageID=17&sex=1&price=&category=&PageNum=2
has a list of good ideas for girls around the age of 4 Also has a search bar so you can check out other ages and sexes

Does anyone have any suggestions for my DD who will also be 4? She has the play kitchen and normal girl toys, and crayons etc but tends to like to write with pens/paper. She hasn't grasped the concept of a pad of paper to keep her masterpieces but rips out paper and tosses it after a little bit. Other than crayons/pencils which she has, I'm at a loss as to a gift for her. :scratchin

Melissa & Doug grocery cart -- pricey but super sturdy and like the regular one. That with some fake groceries and a cash register and you are in business!

My DD4 loves beading! I bought her an assortment of pony beads and Twisteez wire and she can bead like crazy.

I really want to get her the Little People princess set but she already has two castles... Three might be excessive.

She also loves Zoobles. They are a little strange but cute.

And My Little Ponies are also quite popular with her and her 5 yr old friends.

On our list for this year's Christmas is a guitar of some sort, maybe a princess one, maybe not. And beyond that, we haven't narrowed it down yet. I'm watching this thread for ideas!

I love Black Friday, but I can't go this year. My husband is leaving for work this Saturday and won't be back until 2nd week of December. I wont have anyone to stay home and watch my kiddos. We just moved to Florida and have no friends or family here and with DH being gone, I am actually thinking of taking the girls to the new Art of Animation hotel for Thanksgiving and staying Thanksgiving night. Then wake up the next day and drive to Miami to the new American Girl Doll store they are opening in October. We will have our Disney Annual passes by then, but I don't think we will venture into thr parks because they will be so crowded. I think we will just hang at the hotel, swim, play and find somewhere to eat. I just came up with the idea once DH was called to work, so I didnt plan early enough to book any dining places. I keep checking hoping Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grove (name?) or Whispering Canyon will open up, but I wont hold my breath. We may just eat at the AoA and call it a day. With no sister (back in Ohio), no Momma (went to heaven last Oct. 31) and DH away at work, I just dont think I want to cook a big thanksgiving meal. My sis and bil and newphew are coming down here the 3rd of December so I will cook a big meal then. Is that weird? Not doing Thanksgiving dinner at all?

Anyhow, the point of all that is that I wish I could black friday shop, but can't. Maybe we will find some deals in the mall that the AG store is opening up in. We are "considering" buying them the McKenna doll they want as a surprise when we go, but I am not sure. We will see but as they are spoiled, probably! ;)

I decided I am making both of my sisters a household binder with all kinds of stuff like monthly and weekly budgets, places for grocery lists, pantry and freezer stock lists, favorite recipes, a place for phone numbers and address, poision control, local hospitals, local takeout menus, homemade cleaning solutions directions, a place for stamps and pens and more. I have been working on this and need to kick it into high gear. We always talk about wanting to get organized and I think having all this info in one place and not scattered in 20 differnt drawers and cabinets will help.

I want to get DH a big tool chest and hope I can find a bargain. Those things are expensive. He works so hard and never gets anything for himself so I am going to bite the bullet and get this for him. He has wanted one for years. Now where to hide it once he come home.... :confused3

Now that DH is going back to work I will be able to really start shopping. I can't wait. I am ready to start decorating now man! :rotfl2: I was actually listening to Christmas music the other day. My kids think I am crazy but hey, it makes me happy, why wait until December? (or in my case Nov. 1st) :rotfl:

Anyone getting some great bargains? Sadly a lot of what I will be getting is AG doll stuff and not much of a sale on those, but I will be hitting their Cyber Monday sale like nobody business! :)

I don't think it is weird not doing a big Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving day. I'm sure your girls wouldn't mind being at Disney. Art of Animation looks so fun!!!!

I love Black Friday shopping but missed out 2 years ago due to having surgery that day instead. I was disappointed but it really wasn't that big a deal not being able to go.

Love Love Love black friday. This year i will have all of my shopping done by then. Last year the deals i got before black friday were way better than what was going on that day. Me and 2 of my best friends go every year, we get in line around midnight with camping chairs blankets and snacks and just have the best time.

My girls still love the monster high dolls. I am already done shopping for those because every year is a nightmare with the new ones that come out. I have all of the new ones except the werecat sisters and robecca steam. Still looking for those. If anyone looking for these dolls has a Claires around them that is where I found 2. They always have a bunch and not everyone thinks to look there.

i'm done with my DD3 I'm on the lookout for a kareaoki(sp) machine for my
DD7 which is what she wants aside from a couple of other things :goodvibes

I had 2 Kohls $10 off coupons and bought both my girls 5 pr panties each for Christmas. They were on sale 5/$18.88, so I only paid $ 10 for each girl. Another thing off the list. I also went to Rue 21 and bought some mustache stuff my my DD12. I can't figure out why mustache's are so popular right now.

I think for me, I am asking for more pieces of the Pampered Chef Stoneware,...I just looove that stuff!

Every year I hint that it would be nice to find a PC gift certificate in my stocking so I can pick out some stoneware pieces. I hope you get your stuff, I never do :sad1: I can't complain though, dh lets me "shop" for myself for Christmas and I already got my gift for this year. I was going to going to get myself a Pandora charm and earrings during their free bracelet promo but I decided I would rather have a new DSLR camera. Looks like I can scratch another person off my list :)

I just posted this in the budget board. TRU has some good things buy 2 get 3rd free. Also if you are looking for a deal on an Ipod Touch they are giving a $50 GC with purchase of the 32GB.
If you are looking for a Nintendo 3DS or 3DSXL they are giving a $20 GC with purchase of either.
(sale starts tomorrow, I get the flyer in my Sat. paper)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993128

I didn't realize how much shopping I've done, but I have quite a stash in my closet now. Here's where I'm at so far:

DD16:
Travel alarm clock
PJ pants (got lucky and found these on clearance for $3 :cool1:)
I'm not sure what else I'm getting her yet, but I think most of her gifts will be things useful for a month long trip to Europe she is taking next summer. Maybe a good quality suitcase and hanging toiletry bag.

DS15:
Madden NFL for xbox
UK hoodie
I will wait and see what else he asks for, I think maybe a new ipod and an archery set.

DS13:
Batman Arkham Asylum for xbox
No idea what else I will get him.

DS11: (so easy this year!)
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Kid Icarus Uprising (still have to buy Kid Icarus) for 3DS
Mack Squinkies display and a Squinkies crane dispenser
Newest Captain Underpants book and Diary of a Wimpy Kid
He wants a Wii U, but at $300 he isn't getting one so I'll see what other video games he asks for.

DS8:
Two Lego City sets
Dreamlights Puppy
will probably get a new basketball and some other outside toys if I can think of anything he doesn't already have. He would love a trampoline, but I am very against them for safety issues.

DH: UK hoodie and I'll see what else he hints at.

Dniece6: cute custom made canvas purse from ebay and a build a bear gift card to go in it.

I have quite a few stocking stuffers out of the way, too, those are always easiest for me to find.

Has anyone heard of Five Below? Prices range from $1-$5. It is AWESOME! One just opened up by the house today. They have leappad games, Ipod and Ipad accessories, really nice books, Wii and DS games and accessories. They have pretty much everything. Great for gifts and stocking stuffers. I will def. be making more trips before Christmas. :thumbsup2

Ok, I think I'm giving the best gift ever. I'm surprising my 2 boys, 3 and 7, with a wdw trip for Christmas! (trip will be in February) I am sooo excited because I haven't been since I was 7 (1987!) I've already bought the lots of Disney things, ears (r2d2 ones for ds7), pins, lanyards, pressed penny books, travel guide for kids, disney calendar for counting down the days, toy airplanes (we are traveling by plane and neither have been on one before) that's double exciting!, and tshirts that say "I'm going to Disney!" I have all our plans and ADRs made (chef mickeys, ohana, 1900 pf bkfst, hddr, sci fi) I'm a planning maniac. I just can't wait. At this point I'm not sure who will be more excited. Me or the boys?! :yay::yay:

Ok, I think I'm giving the best gift ever. I'm surprising my 2 boys, 3 and 7, with a wdw trip for Christmas! (trip will be in February) I am sooo excited because I haven't been since I was 7 (1987!) I've already bought the lots of Disney things, ears (r2d2 ones for ds7), pins, lanyards, pressed penny books, travel guide for kids, disney calendar for counting down the days, toy airplanes (we are traveling by plane and neither have been on one before) that's double exciting!, and tshirts that say "I'm going to Disney!" I have all our plans and ADRs made (chef mickeys, ohana, 1900 pf bkfst, hddr, sci fi) I'm a planning maniac. I just can't wait. At this point I'm not sure who will be more excited. Me or the boys?! :yay::yay:

heeeeeck yeah!!!! That is ALWAYS the best gift ever!!!

I somehow have managed to get a really good start on DD for Christmas. She's an only child and every year I say I'm going to rein it in, but that never works. She really doesn't ask for nor receive much throughout the year and I just LOVE Christmas and LOVE that at 9, she still believes, so I just go nuts at Christmas. I can't help myself!

Right now, she has NOTHING on her list for Santa, which is very odd for her, but I have managed to get started with ideas I have. So here it is so far:

A gift card tree. I have been picking up gift cards here and there to her favorite places....Justice, Aeropostle, the movies, Claire's, Itunes, the nail salon, Gather & Glaze...and I bought a little table top tree that I'm going to tie the gift cards too and leave under the tree.

She still plays with her AG dolls and has asked for a armoire for the clothes, so I found one on Amazon that I bought and I found some cute outfits (not AG brand...she's not bothered by the accessories NOT being AG). I do have my eye on the ski outfit from AG because we are going skiing for the first time in January. Waiting for a free shipping code :)

I am also making up a Magician kit. She went to a magic themed birthday party recently and now is into that. I found a book of tricks at the 5 Below store and bought a cape & top hat cheap on Amazon, as well as a magic deck of cards and book to go with that. I am going to go through the book from 5 below and gather the "items" she needs to perform tricks (most are just stuff I have around here). I went to Garden Ridge yesterday and found a cute trunk (more like an old style square, hard suitcase) to put all of this stuff in.

Finally, I have a little spa kit started for her. I have picked up some things cheap throughout the year, including a nail dryer machine (from Justice) and am keeping a lookout for a spa wrap & slippers. I got a hair turbie thing (she likes to wrap up her hair after a shower while she primps and a regular towel is so heavy). I am going to get some kind of kaboodle to put some nail polish and other "spa" items in too I think.

Sounds like a ton now that I've written it all out, but it really isn't and I've gotten great deals of most of this stuff. Now I will just wait and see what she actually asks Santa for. I'm hoping the jewelry armoire idea will pop into her head, because that's what I'd like to get her. We redid her room last spring and she uses 1/2 of my armoire and I know she'd love her own in her room, but I want it to be her idea and that could be her big gift under the tree. She has hinted at some new outfits for her dance classes and a new dance bag too, so we'll see.

I have a few stocking stuffers too including a necklace with her name on it that she picked out at the beach this summer, a set of Mad Libs that I found at Marshalls and she wants a cover with "bling" for her iPod Touch.

I know my mom is gathering scrapbook stuff her for her. She loves to make scrapbooks and my MIL is good with getting her clothes so I get all my bases covered.

As for the rest of my family, for my niece(6) & nephew(4) I am making up a movie bucket kit that will include a microwave popcorn bucket and in that I will put a movie for each of them (something from the $5 Target bin on Black Friday), some candy and I bought the plastic popcorn holders in the dollar spot at Target. I also have gotten each of them a puzzle and will get them each a book at DD's school book fair.

For my nephew(13), probably just a gift card to Gamestop

For my parents & my in-laws....I have no clue!

For DH - I think we are going to not do anything other than stuff stockings this year. We had to replace our A/C this summer and I just bought a double bagger for our riding mower (I am the lawn girl and so I'm OK with this) and we are taking a ski trip in January and so we all need snow pants & coats, so that will be Cmas.

I love Cmas and can't WAIT to start decorating :)

I'm an only child too and my mom always overdid it at Christmas. Nothing wrong with that! Looks like you have some great ideas. My dd recently turned 10 and she is suddenly interested in an AG doll. I'm happy she is still asking for toys so Santa will bring that for Christmas.

Has anyone bought the Target brand doll clothes that fit AG girls? Do they fit well?

I'm an only child too and my mom always overdid it at Christmas. Nothing wrong with that! Looks like you have some great ideas. My dd recently turned 10 and she is suddenly interested in an AG doll. I'm happy she is still asking for toys so Santa will bring that for Christmas.

Has anyone bought the Target brand doll clothes that fit AG girls? Do they fit well?

I have and honestly, while they fit, they aren't made that well and don't hold up. I've had better luck with the 18" doll clothes at AC Moore (formerly Ben Franklin here) holding up than the Target brand. I also just found this site....www.sew-dolling.com and just ordered a few sets of clothes from them. They are really nice and made well and a heck of a lot cheaper than the AG brand. I got DD the tap outfit (she's a tapper), a jeans & sweater set and the rock-n-roll outfit.

Now the accessories for the 18" dolls at Target are just fine. We have the trundle bed and a couple other things and they hold up and seem to made well.

We are trying to do a Home made christmas this year. We are not very crafty but my 5 yr old and i are having a blast and she is learning that its more about the thought you put into the gift then about how much it cost. So no one in our faimly will have anything bought from the store (except the what santa brings)

We are trying to do a Home made christmas this year. We are not very crafty but my 5 yr old and i are having a blast and she is learning that its more about the thought you put into the gift then about how much it cost. So no one in our faimly will have anything bought from the store (except the what santa brings)

That is so sweet! I know y'all are having a good time doing that together!

I somehow have managed to get a really good start on DD for Christmas. She's an only child and every year I say I'm going to rein it in, but that never works. She really doesn't ask for nor receive much throughout the year and I just LOVE Christmas and LOVE that at 9, she still believes, so I just go nuts at Christmas. I can't help myself!

Right now, she has NOTHING on her list for Santa, which is very odd for her, but I have managed to get started with ideas I have. So here it is so far:

A gift card tree. I have been picking up gift cards here and there to her favorite places....Justice, Aeropostle, the movies, Claire's, Itunes, the nail salon, Gather & Glaze...and I bought a little table top tree that I'm going to tie the gift cards too and leave under the tree.

She still plays with her AG dolls and has asked for a armoire for the clothes, so I found one on Amazon that I bought and I found some cute outfits (not AG brand...she's not bothered by the accessories NOT being AG). I do have my eye on the ski outfit from AG because we are going skiing for the first time in January. Waiting for a free shipping code :)

I am also making up a Magician kit. She went to a magic themed birthday party recently and now is into that. I found a book of tricks at the 5 Below store and bought a cape & top hat cheap on Amazon, as well as a magic deck of cards and book to go with that. I am going to go through the book from 5 below and gather the "items" she needs to perform tricks (most are just stuff I have around here). I went to Garden Ridge yesterday and found a cute trunk (more like an old style square, hard suitcase) to put all of this stuff in.

Finally, I have a little spa kit started for her. I have picked up some things cheap throughout the year, including a nail dryer machine (from Justice) and am keeping a lookout for a spa wrap & slippers. I got a hair turbie thing (she likes to wrap up her hair after a shower while she primps and a regular towel is so heavy). I am going to get some kind of kaboodle to put some nail polish and other "spa" items in too I think.

Sounds like a ton now that I've written it all out, but it really isn't and I've gotten great deals of most of this stuff. Now I will just wait and see what she actually asks Santa for. I'm hoping the jewelry armoire idea will pop into her head, because that's what I'd like to get her. We redid her room last spring and she uses 1/2 of my armoire and I know she'd love her own in her room, but I want it to be her idea and that could be her big gift under the tree. She has hinted at some new outfits for her dance classes and a new dance bag too, so we'll see.

I have a few stocking stuffers too including a necklace with her name on it that she picked out at the beach this summer, a set of Mad Libs that I found at Marshalls and she wants a cover with "bling" for her iPod Touch.

I know my mom is gathering scrapbook stuff her for her. She loves to make scrapbooks and my MIL is good with getting her clothes so I get all my bases covered.

As for the rest of my family, for my niece(6) & nephew(4) I am making up a movie bucket kit that will include a microwave popcorn bucket and in that I will put a movie for each of them (something from the $5 Target bin on Black Friday), some candy and I bought the plastic popcorn holders in the dollar spot at Target. I also have gotten each of them a puzzle and will get them each a book at DD's school book fair.

For my nephew(13), probably just a gift card to Gamestop

For my parents & my in-laws....I have no clue!

For DH - I think we are going to not do anything other than stuff stockings this year. We had to replace our A/C this summer and I just bought a double bagger for our riding mower (I am the lawn girl and so I'm OK with this) and we are taking a ski trip in January and so we all need snow pants & coats, so that will be Cmas.

I love Cmas and can't WAIT to start decorating :)

I too thought about muliple gift cards and couldnt think of a way to present them. Love the gift card tree idea. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter