5th Annual Christmas Shopping Thread

Etsy has great AG clothes! All lovingly hand made. I found really cute AG pjs for my girls' dolls last year, even disney themed!
If you are a sewer, or know someone who is, there are great patterns on www.youcanmakethis.com for dolls, including some kids patterns that come with free doll patterns. The patterns are very easy to use and versatile, and you can make many things out of them. Cost less than one AG item on Etsy to get a pattern to make many.
I hadn't sewed in years and I was able to make three AG dresses in two days! [And I just used scrap fabric I had, so they were basically free!]

I'm in WI, and the 90+ heat has returned here too. We don't get as warm as down there consistently, but this summer has been a doozy! Glad we bought a house with a/c!

I just checked Accuweather and we have good news~ A Canadian front is coming through in the next few days and it should reach even to northern Mexico by the beginning of next week!! :cool1: We are supposed to have around 80* by Sunday evening!! I know it sounds nuts to be glad for the 80s, but I am sooo tired of the heat! I am telling you what, this week seems like it was as hot as the end of July and first part of August!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!

Caroline...she's pretty!!! I think she debuts this week...I found out about her because I liked the AG page on FB...she has blonde hair and a pink dress...

Our AG catalog came today and I have a feeling there's going to be circles on every page. Caroline is the featured doll and her accessories are adorable, especially the boat. I know DD also wants some of McKenna's accessories, so it's a hard choice.

For her WDW trip with MIL I've already purchased a small suitcase and fans/misters. Target and Walmart have had them on clearance starting as low as a $1 so I stocked up. I can never find those silly things when I'm actually looking for them. We also found a cute mini-hipster type bag at Target that zips closed that'll work for the parks. It's very pink and sparkly. I'm starting to feel odd giving these to her as part of her birthday presents though; it's not stuff she asked for nor would she need if MIL hadn't insisted on this trip.

For Christmas I've had fairly good luck finding the Lego Friends sets on clearance at Walmart. Had to dig deep in the clearance aisles, but I think I've done ok. Still have no idea for anyone else. We're moving next spring/summer so definitely nothing that's not needed; there's too much to pack as it is.

I'm in WI, and the 90+ heat has returned here too. We don't get as warm as down there consistently, but this summer has been a doozy! Glad we bought a house with a/c!

Yea!! we dont have air conditioning and its so hot the guinea pig cant even go play on the lawn.

I have now accually started. Both boys r getting the ds3d xl. Plus games not sure what else.

Okay, I need to get back on track! Tonight I reserved a Beluga whale swim at Sea World for our youngest daughter. I also need to buy her La Nouba tickets for our Christmas trip.

There was a great dea share,l $5 American Girl DVD's on the budget thread. I bought the holiday one, plus a paper dolls and felt animal craft kits from their clearance section. I'll use my 40% Michael's coupons to get extra felt and scrapbooking paper for the kits. Put together a popcorn/candy/cocoa bucket for the movie and there is a gift for two neices for under $25! Score!!

Disney Mommy 3 said:
:welcome: to all the new ladies who have found us over the last few days!:cutie: Glad to have you joining in!! Whoever asked earlier,..no, you are Not hijacking! This thread is to talk about all the shopping, shipping,wrapping and planning,~ so ask whatever you need to!:hug:

Totally :offtopic:, but are any of you in my neck of the woods with this lingering heat? We had some cool days with a lot of wind last week that blew in from Isaac, but this week we are back in the 90s with no rain forecasted and the real feel for the week is up to 110!!!!! Also, we have those darn lovebugs and they were out in full force today!! YUCK!!! After next week the temps here should be a little lower...I know it's hot for us even in Oct, but we usually don't have the upper 90s with real feels of over 100 by then...Lordy, bring on some cool fronts!!

Ok...back to holiday stuff!

This Louisiana heat is killing me! Isaac was such tease for fall weather. I hope the forecasters are right about the "cold front" coming in this weekend.

On the topic of Christmas, I found beach towels at Target for $3.50, and I am going to have my friend monogram my nieces' names on them. $10 gift!

I wanted to keep this year under control, but it's not happening! My dd is 2. We are going to Disney on thanksgiving for a week. My parents are already getting big ideas for a train table, she loves Thomas the train, and so e AG stuff for her bb. They are already talking about her birthday in June! With this said, I think I'm done shopping for her.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

funkychunkymonkey said:
kindles? anyone know if the fire is going to go on sale cheap?

The new kindle fires were announced yesterday. The base model will be $159.

kindles? anyone know if the fire is going to go on sale cheap?

They won't go on sale but the closer we get to the Holidays there will probably be some promos like buy a Kindle Fire get a XX gift card.
I am debating on getting the base model one for my youngest ds. He really wants an Ipod touch but I think the size of the Fire will be better for him. I am going to wait to see if there are any promos in the next couple months though.

I got my dd a Hello Kitty tee, Hello Kitty earbuds and magnetic nailpolish for stocking stuffers from Hot Topic. They have a $15 off $30 promo so I only spent around $20 with shipping.

I pre ordered the Kindle Fire on amazon for $159. for dh! He has a Sony e reader now that he uses all the time so I think he will love the Kindle Fire! I hope so anyway!:cheer2:

Picked up a few gifts yesterday at Five Below. Got my DNephew (4) a 3 pack of puzzles (2 are Cars and the other is Toy Story....they had Princesses and the Fab 5 too). Also got him a book. Picked up DD a book about Magic Tricks. She went to a bday party recently and there was a magician so she's obssessed now. I think I'll find a top hat and read through the book and get her some supplies and make a magic kit or trunk for her :)

sarahk0204 said:
Thank you! I bought the DVD when they had free shipping back in July, but I didn't open the package. DD wants McKenna from Santa, so I had better see which accessories she might like.

My DD is getting McKenna for her 10/14 birthday but I also ordered the accessories, warm up and practice outfits and the beam/bars set. Everything except the actual doll will be Christmas presents. Everything said it was back ordered until end of September but I have already received the doll, accessories and beam/bars set. So some came early. Just waiting on the outfits.

My DD is getting McKenna for her 10/14 birthday but I also ordered the accessories, warm up and practice outfits and the beam/bars set. Everything except the actual doll will be Christmas presents. Everything said it was back ordered until end of September but I have already received the doll, accessories and beam/bars set. So some came early. Just waiting on the outfits.

Is she as beautiful as I think she looks from the ads?

I hope I'm not hijacking by asking so many AG questions but has anyone found another source for clothes for the AG dolls? I just found www.dolls-clothes.com and it seems to specialize in clothes for 18 inch dolls.

Any other sites or place to shop? I plan to buy some AG clothes but I'd like to get a few cheaper items to add since she is new at this.

I have ordered from them and their quality, while certainly less than AG, is good and their historical doll replicas are near identical. I have been pretty happy with them and they have often sent me a little "extra" with my purchases!

anyone into black friday christmas shopping?

I am. But only for the fun and girl time :). I don't kill myself looking for that hot deal. A girlfriend of mine and I go every year...she drives (she's the nightowl) and I buy breakfast after Cracker Barrel when we are finished shopping. I usually pick up a few things here and there (honestly, I end up getting stuff for myself mostly...new PJs & sweaters [I always have luck at Old Navy with these items]) and I usually get my stocking stuffers knocked out. This will be our third year going together and we love it. I used to avoid BF like the plague, but she talked me into it and now it's a tradition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter