52-Week Savings Challenge

I'm in for 2015! I see this as a fun challenge to incorporate into my revised budget plans while paying down debt. This shall be my "seagull" account....Mine, Mine,Mine...:lmao:

:rotfl: Cute! I would like to join this year. I used to save our health reimbursements and use that as holiday spending money. Now we have a card to use so reimbursements aren't sent in much anymore.

I printed a copy of that cute chart -did you make that bababear? Thanks for posting! I'm in the process of creating a household binder and will add that in too. Based on finances, it seems that alternating will be the best plan for our budget.

Well I haven't finished 2014 yet, only 3weeks behind. But I am planning to do this again! It was so easy to save and even better to see how fast those numbers go up :). I'm gonna do 2015 backwards tho.

I like the idea of alternating. $1 the $52, $2 then $51. May have to skip around some weeks. I just like the Disney themed idea to help save for our tentative 2016 trip!

I definitely want to try this for 2015! My husband and I are really trying to save some money. We have 3 boys and college is coming fast! Hopefully we can stay on track:)

Woo hoo! Just made my first transfer yesterday, and will keep up with transferring money each Friday. bababear, love the chart! :thanks: I will be sticking with the backwards challenge but leaving myself free to jump around when absolutely needed.

Thanks for the inspiration for getting this started!

Started 2- 52 week challenges and hoping to complete both. We are trying to start from the highest number to the lowest number but if it is a tough week we will do a lower number. One will be for Christmas.

We are also doing a 5 dollar challenge. We are moving to more cash purchases this year instead of just using a bank card (hoping it will make us watch our spending closer). Each 5 dollar bill we get we will save it instead of spending it. So far since Jan 1 we have save 45 dollars. Makes you really realize how small amounts add up.

I haven't read the whole thread as its getting a little long so someone may already have mentioned this, i'm sure i'm not the only one who would think of it.

I start my 52 week challenge in November. that way I am finished by the end of October and have most of my Christmas money ready for the shopping to begin. that's really my reason for a 52 week challenge. my jar sits at my computer desk, its a pretty little jam jar with a copy of the dates and amounts inside the jar with the money. each time I put money in the jar I mark that week off with a highlighter.

also, if I have extra cash I will put it in my jar and just highlight one of the weeks in the future that would correspond to the amount i'm putting in. then when that week comes around I can skip it and still be on track.

I don't need to do this but it is fun to watch it grow.

So I started last year but didnt finish and this year I am determined to do it and I got 2 girls on board at work so we are prett pumped. Question, I thought i saw someone on here post a disney version of the chart in reverse? does anyone remember that? I was hoping to find it and print it for one of the girls at work as she is a HUGE disney fan!

My husband sold some stuff on eBay so we were actually able to cross 2 weeks off. We are going to Disneyworld in 4 years so hoping to be able to pay cash for it all as well as have some good spending money. We are doing the jumping around technique as that is what works best for us.

Android app called "52 Weeks" in the play store

put in $1 for amount you want to save and you get this chart for your phone.

You can click off any amount you want so it allows you to jump around, or go backwards or do more than one week at once

Hope that helps someone

You can click off any amount you want so it allows you to jump around, or go backwards or do more than one week at once

Hope that helps someone

Theres only 7 reviews . Mainly all are negative

So I started last year but didnt finish and this year I am determined to do it and I got 2 girls on board at work so we are prett pumped. Question, I thought i saw someone on here post a disney version of the chart in reverse? does anyone remember that? I was hoping to find it and print it for one of the girls at work as she is a HUGE disney fan!

Post 148

Hope that helps someone

I just got this app and opened up another Capital One 360 account (I am addicted to them) and so far so good. I started the normal way but I do see myself jumping around and depositing the higher weeks sooner than later.

I do like the idea of starting in October, maybe I will start one next October for the following Christmas.

I've been wanting to do this, our USF trip is in June, but I am going to do my best to save as much as I can for that trip and everything I save after that will be the Christmas fund. We get paid twice a month, so I'll be depositing (moving to another acct) on the 10th and 25th of the month!

We are doing it. We are cruising Dec 4th so this will be our on board money for that. We had to consolidate all of January into one to make it in time for our cruise. Also we're doing week 1, week 52, week 2, week 51, so on and so on. So one easy week, one hard week. I'm excited to have the spending money for on board!

So I am pretty proud of myself. I finished 2 in 2014. One was completed November 15 so all that money went to Christmas presents, decorations, baking supplies for Christmas cookies and we even used the rest to go on a mini trip to Duluth MN. I finished the other one on December 15 and we still haven't spent that money yet. This 52 week savings is just an addition to our other savings. This was my 2014 New Years Resolution to finish these boards without spending and I did it. I also jump around the board.

This year I have 3 boards going. I started 2 after I finished the other 2 in 2014One board is going to be our spending cash for our Disney trip in October the other one will be our Christmas fund again and I also started another one for fun money again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter