50's Prime Time Cafe

Prime Time is a great choice. Ask for a table in one of the "kitchens" with the old TV's. Its worth waiting a few more minutes for. We liked the fried chicken and the pot roast. We've been there a few times and its always good. You've made a great choice!

My kids and I loved it so much on our last visit, that we made a return trip the next day. The food was great (pot roast - yummm) and our server, Topher, was hilarious. I think you'll really enjoy it.

I'll be back there this Saturday!! YAY!

We have hesitated to go, but finally went this April and we had SO much fun, the food was delicious, and I can't wait to go back!!!

We enjoy eating here as well and haven't had a bad time. We love getting the fried chicken, meatloaf, or pot roast. Our kids seem to enjoy theirselves as well.

We just ate at 50's, too. The food was great. I had the chicken sandwich and hubby had the Pot Roast. We didn't have a fun waitress though. She was actually really bad. No antics, scolding. No drink refills...had to ask for bill, had to ask for dessert to be brought out, etc. It was extremely crowded, we waited the longest time to get seated at this restaurant than any of the other ADR's I made our entire trip. We probably waited about 30 minutes. We were at a table that was in the middle of a walkway also.
The theming is nice, but I wish the service had been better. It wasn't *fun*. But the food was definitely good.

We will probably try it again eventually, but we will sit this one out on our next trip.

I went with three girlfriends and one tag along when I was on a high school trip. We had the best time!! I remember the food being pretty delicious, but that was years ago, so I can't really offer any thoughts on how it is now. Some of us are married, parents and/or professionals, and we still call/email each other and laugh about our great experience at Prime Time.

I had a Prime Time ADR for our trip next week, but I canceled it because we booked the Fantasmic package and have a 4:30 dinner at Mama Melrose. Now I'm kind of sad I didn't decide to do that instead. Maybe we'll try to pop in for dessert. I'm sure that will go over well with "mom," just eating dessert. Hehe!!

ETA: I just called and they had an opening on our HS day!! Yea!

We love it there! The decor is authentic -- I spent a lot of time looking around saying "my grandmother had that in her kitchen", "my great aunt had that exact clock!" Too funny! The food was good, too. It's comfort food, not gourmet; stuff your mom made when you were a kid. But the best part was the interaction with our waitress. She scolded me for not eating my veggies and proceeded to pick up my fork, scoop up some veggies and said "open wide" while she made the airplane sound we've all done to our own kids when they were toddlers. My daughter laughed so hard she was crying! We are really looking forward to our next visit! And it made for a hysterical picture!

I have noticed that there are complaints on both ends of the spectrum about the entertainment. Some people claim it is too much interaction, some people want more. It must be hard for the staff to gauge who will be 'into' it and who won't...

You'll be fine....we like both SciFi & Primetime, and eat at both on a regular basis. PT can be a lot of fun if your server-castmember is into it, fairly bland if he/she is not. In any event, avoid the fish-spread and enjoy the shakes (my fav is the chocolate-peanutbutter-banana - sounds gross but is delish)...:cool1:

I noticed in an above post that it mentioned asking for a kitchen area with a t.v. Of course, this is all that's ever shown in pictures, so I assumed every group was like this. If we don't get one of those tables, what is the rest of the restaurant like? Our ADRs are at 5:30, so hopefully it won't be fully crowded & we'll have a little more request room.

I noticed in an above post that it mentioned asking for a kitchen area with a t.v. Of course, this is all that's ever shown in pictures, so I assumed every group was like this. If we don't get one of those tables, what is the rest of the restaurant like? Our ADRs are at 5:30, so hopefully it won't be fully crowded & we'll have a little more request room.

That's a good question! Any help on that one would be great :)

Thanks to everyone for their reviews/opinions....I told my family all about this and they are pretty excited! DH thinks it will be hysterical and everyone else is into it, too...so hopefully we get a good waiter/waitress!

DIS Rocks!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter