50's Prime Time Cafe

Jules3Kids

Mouseketeer
I just booked this for a late lunch during our upcoming (first-ever!) trip to WDW. I was trying to get Sci-Fi but they were booked on the day I wanted but the very nice CM on the phone told me 50's Prime Time had an opening, so I went ahead and took it.
What's it like? I know my mom will love it, as she was a Mickey Mouse Club watcher back then....:)
Is the food allright? The atmosphere looks fun, that never worries me in Disney!
Thanks for any help!:yay:

This is a must do for us! The atmosphere is great. The servers treat you like family and will scold you for having you elbows on the table or not cleaning your plate! We have always liked the food especially the roast beef. They have a good selection and the shakes are wonderful!

we have just booked an ADR for 50's too, it was between 50's and Sci-fi and we finally decided on 50's. cant wait!

I was also considering Sci-Fi over 50's but then I heard that the service and food isnt as good at Sci-Fi and I thought that my family would enjoy the theme better at 50's Prime Time. So we decided on 50's for Nov. 19th. I have already decided, I want the pot roast!

You'll get both positive and negative feedback on 50's. I've heard quite a bit of negative over the years, but hubby and I booked it for our trip this past November mainly because of the themeing. But we absolutely loved the food. Hubby got the fried chicken for his entree and the s'mores for dessert. I tried the chicken and it was delicious! Not the least bit greasy. The s'mores looked fantastic. I got the salmon for my entree and the angel food cake for dessert. I cleaned my plate on the entree. It was really good.

We had Aunt Jennifer as our server. She was very nice and we really enjoyed watching her interaction with the large group next to us too. It was a fun night and we're glad we still decided to go despite some of the bad reviews.

When we went 2 yrs ago, DH received a "Clean Plate Award" and the waiter threatened to hang it on the wall for all to see it was SO clean!!! :lmao: The kids loved the waiter "Cousin Vinnie" (he threw their straws at them) and they had conversations with him about numerous things!!! He told my DH's mother she had to clean her place or no dessert!!! :lmao:

We had tons of fun!!! The food was good...not gourmet, but good.

50's is a fun place to eat. We skipped it last year & I really missed it, so I made sure to get an ADR there this year. I really like the theming of 50's: eating at a 50's style kitchen table. Also, the servers are usually very good about being into "character." As a previous poster stated, the food is not gourmet, but it is good, solid traditional food that your mom would make.

My family and I had lunch there two different times and each time was great. Our server was very much into their character, we were told the rules of the restaurant right away and the food was very good.

We just ate at the 50s Prime Time on Mother's Day, and it was the last time we'll eat there.

We've eaten there three times, and two times the server just wasn't into the role. I would have overlooked my overcooked fish sandwich if the server was more interactive on Mother's Day, but she wasn't. I tried my best to act up, but she just didn't respond.

It's just not worth it for us.

After going the last couple of times, we have crossed this off our list. The food and service was just ok. The greens (whatever they are) were just gross. My nephew wouldn't eat them, even after our server embarrassed him over and over again. I finally took her aside and asked her politely to "stop it". We are fun people, but she was over the top. Also, they are or were very short on bus people because she was serving and sweeping up at the same time. She was under the tables picking up food and sweeping so much that I was afraid that dust would get into our food. After her cleaning up, I am sure that she did not wash her hands. Yuck!

Have been to both of them on trips. Much preferred food and service at 50's.

Was there last week and DS wanted to try Sci Fi (he had not been with me the other trip). We had great service this time but food still average. The decor is really clever but the movies are dull and difficult to converse sitting in a car, two to a seat. And worse if you are sharing a car with another group.

Come this September we booked 50's again..... but not returning to Sci Fi.

The food at 50's was amazing!! We all enjoyed Sci Fi but it was a little too dark for me. 50's just reminded me on my Nanny's kitchen way back in the day. Enjoy!

50's Prime Time is my whole family's favorite restaurant in WDW. The food is really good [especially the fried chicken!] and if your server is into it it's a lot of fun too!

We had a really good time at 50's. The atmosphere was fun, and we were lucky to get a server who played it up, "Cousin Joey" was his name. I had the fried chicken which was good, but the mashed potatos and the greens were gross (I normally like both). We had a group of 8 comprised of 4 adults, 2 teenagers, a 5yr old and a 1yr old. We ALL enjoyed it. The best part was when the server spoon fed my DH his mashed potatos (he didn't like them either) and the "corn sundae" they brought out for one of the teens as a joke since he didn't finish his veggies. I had the "Dad's brownie" for dessert and it was so good. My DH got the smores, but wasn't happy since they weren't very melted. They offered him another choice, but he was too stuffed so he declined. Anyhow, I was very happy we finally tried this place. The fun made up for the few items we didn't like. I'd go back again. :thumbsup2

I just booked this for a late lunch during our upcoming (first-ever!) trip to WDW. I was trying to get Sci-Fi but they were booked on the day I wanted but the very nice CM on the phone told me 50's Prime Time had an opening, so I went ahead and took it.
What's it like? I know my mom will love it, as she was a Mickey Mouse Club watcher back then....:)
Is the food allright? The atmosphere looks fun, that never worries me in Disney!
Thanks for any help!:yay:

You will have a blast here!! Excellent food and service-- just remember if you do not finish your vegaetables you will lieterally be in for a " treat":) but i will not spoil the fun

50's has been on our "must dine" list for years. I love the fried chicken there. They used to serve green beans and now they serve collard greens, and yes, they ARE gross! They also changed the delicious onion rings which were so yummy. :sad2: Huge disappointment. We have not crossed it off our list yet, but I do miss the things that make different restaurants at the World special. I blame the whole "free dining" thing. Let us know how you like it there!

I hate the Prime Time. The food is mediocre and the schtick is irritating and distracting. Of course, distracting you from the food may be a good idea

Love it!! Love the fried cheese, fried onion rings, fried chicken.....hum, healthy it is not but it's really tasty! I love the antics and the themeing here is great.

We ate there on Mother's Day too. Our server wasn't obnoxious about elbows on tables, she demanded my kids clean their plates. I told her my children weren't part of the clean your plate club, sorry. She mostly complained that she was called into work that day instead of being obnoxious about serving us. She did make us set our own table. The food was ok - but they did forget about giving us ketchup and refilling waters etc. The A/C worked great, so that's what we were most happy about!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter