• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 rides broke down on me, but I got a diamond ring to make up for it!9/19 Ring+TheEnd

Summer,

I have to say it again, but your pictures are so pretty! I loved Jacques with Mickey! That was adorable. He looked like he had a great time!!!

I've only eaten at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Did you enjoy the dinner? I am considering it for our next trip.

:)

Lisa

Aw, thank you!

He definitely had a GREAT time.

I really enjoyed the dinner. The dessert was the best, but there was a lot of good food. :thumbsup2

Nic and I headed up to the monorail station.

Look at the construction:
DSC02818.jpg

We got over to the Polynesian:
DSC02821.jpg

The GF all lit up:
DSC02824.jpg

Well, we walked down to the beach and picked out two lawn chairs next to each other. We threw our shoes and my bag on them, and walked down to the beach.

I stepped into the lake, but it was cold, so I came back out. We stood there looking over at MK, and Nic put his arms around me.

Then, he let go and after a second, turned me around, and he was down on one knee with the ring box.

He told me "Summer, I've always known I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. Now I want to make it official. Will you marry me?"

I, of course, said yes!

My ring is a beautiful half-carat 3-stone, with 3 side stones on each side (meaning 9 total. Hahaha.). Nic picked it out all by himself, and it's exactly what I wanted (Well, other than the calla cut ones that are callas on top, butterflies on the side, but we looked at them, and it's like $90k. So, that was QUICKLY out of the question). I had told him nothing huge, but beautiful.

DSC02825.jpg

DSC02826.jpg

DSC02835.jpg

Here's a few pictures of us right after:
DSC02834.jpg

DSC02836.jpg

Here's the official pictures, so you can really see the ring:
7676574e.jpg

20843c35.jpg

It's soooooooooooooo sparkly.

So, then we went back to the lounge chairs, snuggled up, and watched the fireworks.

After the fireworks, we headed back up to the monorail, took it over to MK, and then we jumped on the bus back to Pop.

We got back, told everyone the story (even though they knew it was happening. I was like, the only person not in on it) and then tucked in for some much-needed sleep.

Visit our Honeymoon PTR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1958163

We had decided to sleep in a little today. Our touring plan didn't start until 10.

First thing was to return one of our fridge swap fridges to Luggage Storage, and switch the other to the next person. This was the only semi-disboard-meet we had. We met dydo2424.

DSC02840.jpg

We got back to a very very sad sight.
DSC02845.jpg

Yep, it was our last day.

We loaded up my dad's jeep with everything to take back to his house, and then headed to Kona Cafe
DSC02847.jpg

My Nana and Pop-pop got French Toast with bacon.
DSC02848.jpg

I got the Tonga Toast with bacon.
DSC02849.jpg

And my dad and Nic got the Tonga Toast with ham.
DSC02850.jpg

Delicious!

We headed out to Magic Kingdom.

Jacques rode it's a small world. He absolutely LOVED it
DSC02851.jpg

I entered this one into the Kids at Disney photo contest
DSC02853.jpg

DSC02854.jpg

DSC02855.jpg

We came out, and Nic saw a girl who had pins, that just happened to have a certain dreamy outfit on. Hahaha. So, of course we went over.

She didn't have anything we wanted, but she told us congrats (we had the ears on and just married pins that the people edited to say "Just Engaged". She asked us how it happened. Then, she saw my Ariel pins and asked if I was a fan, and I said yes, that she was my favorite. She asked if we'd been over to see her, and we said no, because Jacques couldn't handle a 90 minute line. She said "Come here and follow me", so we did. She brought us over by the carousel and told us to park the stroller, so we did, and we got Jacques out. She brought us to the exit, and once the people in there finished up, she let us go in and meet Ariel. We got pictures, but I'll post them in the photopass pics at the end.

After meeting Ariel, we headed to Peter Pan.
DSC02857.jpg

After Peter Pan, we headed to Cosmic Ray's for lunch:
DSC02863.jpg

Nic got a Turkey Bacon wrap:
DSC02864.jpg

And I got a chicken caeser salad:
DSC02865.jpg

Next up was Pooh!
DSC02867.jpg

Then we headed to Snow White
DSC02896.jpg

After that, we headed to Toontown to see Minnie and Mickey's house

First up was Minnie's
DSC02897.jpg

DSC02898.jpg

DSC02899.jpg

Then we headed to Mickey's
DSC02900.jpg

DSC02901.jpg

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

DSC02907.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

My favorite letter:
[IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/DayLeBelDisneyTrip/Day%206/DSC02911.jpg
DSC02912.jpg

DSC02913.jpg

DSC02914.jpg

We laughed at how Mickey must be Chinese:
DSC02915.jpg

DSC02916.jpg

DSC02917.jpg

DSC02919.jpg

DSC02920.jpg

DSC02922.jpg

DSC02921.jpg

Well, Jacques was getting a little fussy, and we'd done pretty much everything, and we were really ready to crash, so we decided to pick up some Dole Whips and head out!
DSC02923.jpg

"Dole whip?"
DSC02924.jpg

"In here? Nope."
DSC02925.jpg

"Fine, I eat my cookie."
DSC02926.jpg

My new favorite sight. lol
DSC02927.jpg

Delicious!
DSC02928.jpg

DSC02929.jpg

Whoops! Our plan of leaving was foiled by the parade:
DSC02930.jpg

DSC02931.jpg

DSC02932.jpg

DSC02933.jpg

DSC02934.jpg

DSC02935.jpg

DSC02936.jpg

DSC02937.jpg

DSC02938.jpg

DSC02939.jpg

Roy & Minnie
DSC02940.jpg

DSC02941.jpg

DSC02942.jpg

"I DON'T WANNA LEAVE!"
DSC02943.jpg

At least it's true!
DSC02945.jpg

The awesomeness that is the power line thingy
DSC02946.jpg

Thank You for sharing your pictures with us:) . Congratulations on your engagement :thumbsup2. Your ring is very nice Nic did a good job. May the two of you have a life of happiness together:goodvibes

Awww, Summer! Congratulations! What a sweet proposal and a beautiful ring! Have tons of fun planning! :goodvibes

Best wishes for a fantastic future!

Congratulations Summer and Nic!! What a beautiful engagement ring and how romantic to get engaged on the beach at the Polynesian and he even got down on one knee. :)

Great trip report. Thanks for sharing everything!!!! I'll be sure to check out your PTR.:thumbsup2

Cathy

Congratulations! I love the ring. What a sweet moment. I enjoyed your photo pass pictures. It's hilarious that they forgot to add Simba, but it's a fun picture!

Your ring is gorgeous! It must just sparkle up a storm!

I am staying at the Poly next month and I read the Poly Thread over on the accomodations board and I saw your post from earlier that said you got engaged at the Poly so I knew the where I was just waiting to read the how!! Sounds like Nik did it wonderfully and you were totally surprised. And what a gorgeous setting for an engagement!!!

I hope you guys are able to honeymoon at the Poly - we are staying there for the first time next month - of course our 3 kids will be with us so no honeymoon type activities :rotfl: but it will still be a blast for us!!!!

congratulations, thanks for sharing, great report and fab piccies x

Thank you so much for taking us along on this trip. Congratulations to you and Nic :love:

Great shots of Jacques and Mickey!

I love the black and white photopass pic. (I love them all but its my fav) I will be following your Honeymoon PT along with many others I am sure.

All the best:yay:

Your ring is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!!! And what a very romantic proposal....:love: Thank you for sharing with us. :goodvibes

A few additional comments....I love your dress that you were wearing at Chef Mickey's.

The Photopass Pics are great! Love the black and white ones, and the one of Jacques...so cute.

I read on another TR once that Disney forgot to add a character to a picture (I think they were missing a Darth Vader in a "fight" against him), and they just called Disney and they were able to put it right back in no problem...might be worth a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter