5/17/03 Eastern Cruise.. Who is going?

Welcome Kevin! We're in 6080. Just down the hall.

Hey, Mjasp - try K-Mart for the BF; but be careful it can get pricey there. I have to remember to check Publix.

Our group seems to be growing nicely. Maybe things will still work out for Joe & Joanne.

Hopefully that Port Camera will be working tomorrow.

fran

:Pinkbounc

Hi, we'll all be neighbors, we are in 6090. Can't wait, it will be a long winter. Kevin, I think it's great that you;ll be coming over here for the cruise. Have always wanted to go to UK. Someday. My sister wants to do Ireland, England, and then of course France. She will need a MICKEY FIX!!!!
Donna

Hey, I just realized we will have an International DIS group--HOW COOL!!!!

41 weeks from right now we'll be at sea..................

fran
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The days at sea are my VERY favorite. Would not mind going on a 7 day to nowhere. I find that it is the most relaxing and I am able to sleep like a baby. As the kids would say, is it time yet?

Donna

Hi all! I was reading (and rereading) some of the newer threads and decided that I would bump us up with a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with. First, for those of you who have sailed on similiar dates before...what is the weather like, including water temp? Second, were there a lot of children on board? Schools around here do not get out until the first week of June, later if there are snow days. However, I went to school in central Pa and we used to get out the third or fourth week of May. I'll be bringing my children, 4 &5 by the time we sail and I'm hoping that the kids club won't be too crowded. Anyone else in the group bringing along younger children? Last one...how crowded is the Goofy pool, usually? I always hear about the Mickey pool but I'm curious because I love to swim with my little ones.

The countdown clock keeps looking better and better doesn't it?! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

One of the famlilies we are sailing with has a 5 yr old DD

Schools here in NY end the last week in June, but I pull mine out.

The clubs weren't too crowded last time, but there were plenty of kids, but it was the Inaugural Western also.

The weather and water was PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps, see you in 9 months.

Joanna

Thanks Joanna! Wow, schools don't let out until the end of June? When do they start?! I've heard about some schools thinking of extending school hours so kids would only have a four day school week. Won't effect me since I homeschool! Thanks again!

Hi,

we went on this same cruise last year, left on 5/19/91, and of the 2600 something passangers, we were told that a little over 1100 of them were kids. We were 4 adults. Except for one night in the show, they were great. Can't help you with the kids clubs, but if any adult is worried about kids bothering them they shouldn't be.

9 months from today we should be headed toward Castaway Cay. Last year that was the only day we had thundershowers all day, so we didn't get to enjoy the island. Hoping for better weather next year. Other than that day, the weather was great.

Donna

Well, 9 months is betterthan 12; and that is where we started. Gee, is it time to start packing yet?

fran
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

My, this thread seems to be getting down there. So I thought I would ask if anyone is planning on staying at the Radisson on Friday night?

fran
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

As of right now, I would have to say its the Radisson on Friday night for us. But again its still 9 months away.

Joanna

We are thinking of going down Fri. too. Have you stayed at the Radison before? How did you get there from the airport? Limo or car? There are 5 of us, and we may rent a car, and extend our stay a couple nights at WDW. It will be over 2 years since I've been there.
Donna

hi all just checking in just 5 day til we go to the world and
then we cruise in DEcember and then in May again
we will have to get Joanna to plan the brunch at Palos
was fun last time peter

Peter,
Did you switch to the Eastern? I remember you said you booked the Western, but might change to the Eastern. Hope you did.

Donna...We stayed at the Radisson for our May cruise. We rented a car from Avis, they have a drop off site at the Radisson. Very convenient. It is easy from the airport, you just take the Beeline (528) straight there.

Joanna

oooooppppppssssss

sorry wrong thread still on may 10 th cruise
western
peter

I will try to talk everyone that we should go a day early. Last year, we were so tired by the time we got on the ship. This year we went on a cruise out of Boston. 45 mins. from home. it was great not having to fly the day we left.

We will all have to meet, I know that a group of you know each other from last year, but hope you don't meeting some new cruisers.

Can't wait.

Donna

I'm one of the newbies going on the May 17th cruise. We have already made reservations for the 16th at the Hyatt in the airport. I cannot wait!! I hope to meet a bunch of ya' throughout our vacation--you've all been so friendly and helpful already! I guess the Radison is popular but is anyone else staying at the Hyatt?
Fran....it's never too early to start packing!! Just think of it as a different place to store your summer clothes until next year! (LOL!):p

Donna...We LOVE meeting more people. The more the merrier. Where did you go out of Boston and on which ship. Also, Do they have a ship that goes to Bermuda out of Boston? I would love to do Bermuda, but the ships they sail from NY to Bermuda are so old and small.

Luckymommy...You'll meet us. As it gets closer, where start setting up meets. It's so nice walking around the ship and knowing people. Also, when you go up for coffee early in the morning, you usually meet someone from the DIS boards there. I like your thought about storing this years summer clothes. LOL

Joanna

Norweigan Cruise Line, The Norwegian Majesty. Probably spelled wrong. We went to Bermuda. The ship is about 10 yrs old, but we had a great time. At first we kept saying, The Magic this, and the Magic that, but then when we decided not to compare it was a great trip.
Last year on the May 19th cruise, 7 night, one of the highlights was meeting about 6 or 7 fellow Dis Members. This made my whole trip. Can;t wait until next May 17th.
Well, have to go get ready for work tomorrow. Will be my last day at work to wear white before Labor Day. Guess I should pack them away for the cruise. Although it will be before Memorial Day, but I guess in the Carribean, anything goes.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter