5/15/12 - Crowds are Heavy; Lines are Long

Mugglemama

DIS Veteran
I am surprised by how crowded it is. It's definitely sapping some of the fun out of this visit. Mon-Thurs last week were crowded, but it wasn't super stressful because lines were still short. Not so this week. It's more crowded than it was during my July 2010 visit. So much for careful planning...I thought with everyone's Spring Breaks finished, and end-of-schoolyear tests and obligations, that most people wouldn't be pulling their kids out of school for DLR. Evidently, my logic was seriously flawed, lol.

Our entire group has had their fill of rude, pushy, inconsiderate people (seems to be terribly abundant on this visit). We plan to cut out a day early and go to Six Flags instead.

Aw I'm sorry it's so crowded. It wasn't bad the first week of May when we were there. Maybe more people are trying to beat out the crowds in mid June with the opening of Cars.

Both last week and this week were predicted to be very light on touring plans. Between my sister's trip last week, and your report from this week, it seems seems to me that I might need to just completely ignore touring plans who had excited me with predictions of very low crowds next week when I am there.

Oh well. :confused:

Both last week and this week were predicted to be very light on touring plans. Between my sister's trip last week, and your report from this week, it seems seems to me that I might need to just completely ignore touring plans who had excited me with predictions of very low crowds next week when I am there.

Oh well. :confused:

I find that TP is never accurate, you would have better luck contacting The Great Karnak.

Jack

Another wrinkle on the crowd prediction front is the increasing prevalence of multi-track (year round) schools where there is always a part of the student body out of school, AKA "off track".

I find that TP is never accurate, you would have better luck contacting The Great Karnak. Jack

TP has been fairly accurate for us at WDW but not even close at DLR. I don't think they have the stats for DLR built up like they do for WDW.

another reason could be that tonight there are having a special Fantasmic viewing for AP holders so that might have brought more AP's in the parks

Thanks for an update. We arrive Sunday with Monday and Tuesday as our full day park days. Hmm, we're really going to have to take more time to plan. Was hoping for lighter crowds.

The difference is that you could laugh at Carnac The Magnificent.

These prediction services can laugh at those who paid for them.

another reason could be that tonight there are having a special Fantasmic viewing for AP holders so that might have brought more AP's in the parks

I bet this is it. As AP holders who don't live in southern california, it pained me to see the announcement and not be able to get down. Was this a ticketed event?

I believe TP had 3/10 crowd levels for the entire week until Friday at 5/10.

Like Jack said, probably better to consult some tea leaves, tarot cards or your local fortune teller;)

Could be birthdays. Half the people I know, including my own kids, have birthdays this week!

I don't know that slow days at DL exist anymore. The off season is so tiny now and the rest of the days are either busy, super busy, or barely able to move.

But I still can't wait to go back! :rotfl:

We were in the parks last night (Monday night) and I was surprised at how crowded it was. Although I have to say the line waits weren't TOO bad. Overall though, very crowded for a random Monday in May!

We're headed back tonight....guess I should be prepared for more of the same.

TP has been fairly accurate for us at WDW but not even close at DLR. I don't think they have the stats for DLR built up like they do for WDW.

I have never been to WDW so I was only stating an observation for DisneyLand Resort.

Jack

So disappointed to hear about the rude people.
That is something I have noticed happening to DL slowly over the past 30 years.
if I encounter a lot of this on our trip this summer, it may be my last trip. Part of the greatness of DL has always been that it is a happy place -- not like the world outside the gates.

Sorry to hear about the abundance of rude people. I suppose when we go over New Years there wont be any surprises with the crowd level!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter