5/15/12 - Crowds are Heavy; Lines are Long

another reason could be that tonight there are having a special Fantasmic viewing for AP holders so that might have brought more AP's in the parks

Yes, May 14th and 15th, as well as Mon 21st and Tues 22nd are the AP Fantasmic anniversary parties for AP holders. That's probably why it's so busy yesterday and today.

I find that TP is never accurate, you would have better luck contacting The Great Karnak.

Jack

You are dating yourself, sir. ;)

I'm so sorry to read that you've been running into rude people. :( I hope it changes for you and that the rest of your trip is better.

Compared to the last couple of years the crowds are definetly getting larger! Anyone who says that the economy is not improving (slowly...which was predicted), has not been to DL recently.

I'm sorry to hear about the rude people. Makes me try, all the more, to be super nice and helpful when I'm in the parks. It's my hope that everyone has a magical experience!:wizard:

Good choice.... no pushy people there! :lmao:

;)

It's a different crowd there, for sure. I once asked a group of teens to please not smoke pot (in the park at 3pm) so blatantly since my young children were right there. Meantime I was thinking, "please don't hurt me." lol

They obliged & moved away. :)

Also remember that a lot of schools take the kids to Disneyland as a end of the school year trip. I know our school is taking all of the 8th graders tomorrow. I think this is adding to the crowds....

So, I am looking at a number of apps where people in the parks submit wait times for today, and honestly they don't look that bad. At least not beyond my personal realm of expectation. I am wondering if the Fantasmic AP people are making the walkways feel busier, but perhaps not overwhelming lines and waits?

We are getting ready to head down there for the AP event. I figured it would be pretty busy until after 10:00 and they start closing things down for the day guests.

I'm more worried about the crowds on the 91 :lmao:

Wow that sucks! I suspect it has something to do with the AP and the Fantasmic event as well, but really who knows?

Kind of crazy its exactly one month today before the REAL chaos begins. I mean if its busy now and Memorial day is around the corner, I suspect there will be very few true slow days now.

We will be there right between Memorial Day and when Carsland opens. I am REALLY hoping that will be a somewhat slower week. :thumbsup2

So sorry to hear about the rude pushy idio.... *ehem*people.. :sad2:
I agree I was surprised at some of the things that go on, but hope you are making the best of things and try to enjoy!

We were there for the first week of april, it was crowded the entire week. I know how you feel. Luckily for us, everyone was in a good mood due to spring break...:cool1:

Good choice.... no pushy people there! :lmao:

We're going to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo (it's an aquarium and zoo in addition to a theme park), the crowd dynamic there is very different than SF Magic Mountain (which I grew up going to several times per year). I've never personally encountered pushy, rude people at SFDK.

So, I am looking at a number of apps where people in the parks submit wait times for today, and honestly they don't look that bad. At least not beyond my personal realm of expectation. I am wondering if the Fantasmic AP people are making the walkways feel busier, but perhaps not overwhelming lines and waits?

FP line for GRR at 5 pm was 30 minutes...TOT was about the same...lines in bathrooms are 8-12 people long. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but those qualify as "bad" lines for me, personally.

We are here at DL for our first ever trip and we are shocked at the crowds so far. We have really had to rely on fast pass to get things done. We waited in line for space mountain for 50 minutes on Sunday night. It was posted as 30.

I was at WDW last summer on 4th of July week and it felt less crowded than this.

We have not encountered many rude guests at least. Lots of over the top PDAs though. :rolleyes:

I think it's a matter of perspective. I've been looking at Wait Times throughout the day and it has not been that busy. Not February, but for mid-May, not bad at all.

FP line for GRR at 5 pm was 30 minutes...TOT was about the same...lines in bathrooms are 8-12 people long. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but those qualify as "bad" lines for me, personally.

In my opinion, when it's been close to 80 degrees all day long is not a long wait. I wouldn't have minded getting a cold splash earlier this evening.

Sorry the crowds have some rude ones amongst them. That's no fun.

- Dreams

We're going to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo (it's an aquarium and zoo in addition to a theme park), the crowd dynamic there is very different than SF Magic Mountain (which I grew up going to several times per year). I've never personally encountered pushy, rude people at SFDK.

Oh, have fun at DK! We go every summer for my husband's company BBQ event. We are usually there on a Saturday in July every year, and despite the large crowds, we have always enjoyed our time and never run into any rude or pushy people either. My kids loved the Thomas town, until they changed it last year. Other than that little disappointment, we love that park.

I always find this time of year a little crazy - most colleges are getting out and you seem to find a different type of group at the parks... Sorry the parks are a little crowded for you - but you aren't alone!:goodvibes

My good friend work there as a vet tech! I have always wanted to get up there to see her. Have fun, it sounds like a great place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter