4th of july

ShannonR

mickey's #1 fan
Hi there! We always cruise over a holiday (a week at WDW followed by a holiday Disney cruise). We are planning our next vacation and 4th of July came up. Has anyone ever been to either WDW or DCL over the 4th? What's it like and does either do anything special for the 4th?

We just sailed on the Fantasy over 4th. They decorated the ship for it and had a singing session singing America songs. Not much different than the other days though

WDW has extra fireworks shows in different parks. Years ago the Magic Kingdom had 2 simultaneous sets of fireworks. We saw them from the 7 seas lagoon. It was fantastic. Another year we saw fireworks on the main street of the Studios which were awesome. You have to check the daily schedules for the 4th but WDW is guaranteed to have something special somewhere.

We've sailed DCL 3 years in a row over the 4th. I was surprised they didn't swap the pirate night schedule and fireworks to coincide win the 4th holiday. As PP said, they do some Americana decorations in the Atrium, the characters have special costumes and photo sessions, and there is a special menu. On the Alaska itinerary, they can't do the fireworks at all, but they still do the other things and have changed to the Pixar Pals party instead of Pirate Night.

Just back from the Alaska cruise over the 4th. Small program with characters in red, white, and blue but that was about it.

Just back from the Alaska cruise over the 4th. Small program with characters in red, white, and blue but that was about it.

Well, the Alaska cruises can't do fireworks, so that might not be a really good indicator of any special things.

That said, it's my understanding that, unless 7/4 is on Pirate Night, there is no special fireworks show on DCL for the fourth. I believe it has to do with the limit of explosives that a cruise ship can carry. If they split the complement between 2 shows, both shows will be somewhat brief. So, fireworks only on Pirate night.

A several years (OK more than 10) ago we were at the Magic Kingdom in WDW for the 4th. We saw a show in front of the castle. After the show we headed towards the Hall of Presidents. 2 Hours later - we still had not made it there.

It was wall to wall bodies!!!

But that night's fireworks were spectacular!!! ::yes::

Also just back from Alaska over the 4th. They sang the national anthem (they changed the lyrics which bugs me) and then one other patriotic song. They did not do any bunting or anything along the rails just an American flag above the Tritons sign.

Also just back from Alaska over the 4th. They sang the national anthem (they changed the lyrics which bugs me) and then one other patriotic song. They did not do any bunting or anything along the rails just an American flag above the Tritons sign.

OK, I'm curious - how did they change the lyrics?

Just sang one verse twice. I don't know it just urks me when people change the song lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter