48 hrs, 4 parks, 2 sisters - update 7/23 Day 3 The Long Awaited Conclusion!

Now that's my kind of snack :thumbsup2 I'm glad you told us which drinks were the most tasty. I was curious when I saw them all lined up.

Great installment!

Hooray for finding a ride without a line. I've never seen too big of a line for Gran Fiesta, but it's a fun little ride. I always enjoy it.

We meant to try some margaritas from there on our May trip, but didn't get the chance. It seems like a cool place, though! Next time, you'll have to try the blood orange one :thumbsup2

Yes! The fireworks on the ride are great! I forgot about them until you mentioned it. Weird and I love watching fireworks together; I forgot why that started. Even the fake ones in that room was a fun experience.

Mmm, GUACAMOLE. I can eat mounds of guacamole. The only bad thing is that avocados can get to be so expensive! One of my favorite breakfasts is made by smushing and smearing avocado with a little bit of sea salt on a toasted sesame bagel. My mom read about it in a magazine and told me about it since I can't eat cream cheese due to the intolerance to lactose. I was so upset by that because we used to have bagels and cream cheese on most Saturdays. The avocado is definitely better though! Although I have to say that I'd love to have a sesame bagel with cream cheese, lox, tomato, red onions, and capers ...

I love fireworks too. Unfortunately, DH doesn't exactly share my love of them. It's not like he hates them, but he's not like me where he could watch them for hours and hours.

Hmmm.... I have sesame bagels and avocados I might just need to try that tomorrow. Sounds yummy.

I'm stealing your Avacado idea Rachel! That sounds so yummy!

I agree!

I love your TRs!! They are hilarious. I started with your wedding which was so beautiful!! Then went to the honeymoon and now this one. They are so hilarious. I love the pictures.

I see you are from Milwaukee. I am from Sheboygan. It is cool to see someone on here so close. Keep the pictures coming!!!

Hi! Thanks for reading, I really enjoy writing them, so I'm glad someone enjoys reading them. :rotfl:

My parents live in Kolher! Small world! It's always fun to "meet" people on the Dis from around here.

Now that's my kind of snack :thumbsup2 I'm glad you told us which drinks were the most tasty. I was curious when I saw them all lined up.

Great installment!

Yeah, anything with alcohol is my kind of snack :rotfl:

I'm not sure that I'd get the flight again, but it was fun to try them all.

Hooray for finding a ride without a line. I've never seen too big of a line for Gran Fiesta, but it's a fun little ride. I always enjoy it.

Yeah, I've never really seen a line either - except for when the Brazilian tour group descended on it right after we did in January - but that was definitely a weird occurrence. But it was a nice change of pace from future world.

We meant to try some margaritas from there on our May trip, but didn't get the chance. It seems like a cool place, though! Next time, you'll have to try the blood orange one :thumbsup2

You definitely should try it. Way yummy. I tried the blood orange margarita in January... and I recommend it whole heartedly!

Sufficiently snacked in Mexico, we decided to head out and move along to Norway!

First up?

Maelstrom

102_0812.jpg

The wait was posted as 10 minutes, but I’m pretty sure it was a little longer.

102_0813.jpg

I don’t mind being in this line, because I’m determined to find a hidden Mickey in this mural. We thought we saw some, but when I got home I referenced my hidden Mickey book and none of the ones we thought we saw were listed… but someday I will find one!

102_0814.jpg

Next up?

102_0815.jpg

I mean we hadn’t eaten in like 30 minutes!

Hungrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry?

102_0816.jpg

One of Panic’s co-workers recommended we try a cloudberry horn. I was a bit leery, because I haven’t met a Norwegian pastry I liked (well, at least in Epcot, because in real Norway, I had some quite tasty ones). Schoolbread was just weird to me, and the sweet pretzel things were gross in my opinion.

102_0817.jpg

I will eat you now!

102_0819.jpg

It actually was quite delicious.

We also got a bottle of water to keep hydrated. In case you were wondering what this exotic treat looked like I was super thoughtful and took a picture for you

102_0818.jpg

On the way out, I picked a fight with some dude, and it went terribly wrong

102_0820.jpg

The cloudberry horn looks good. I've never tried the bakery in Norway though since I always go to the one in France. Everything is just so good there I just can't get away from it (well, except for the occasional baklava in Morocco).

I've been a little bit leery of the Norway bakery. I'm a picky eater, and the things I've seen on here don't really appeal to me. So instead, I like to head to the French bakery! But I might have to try one of yours next time..looks good!

I love Maelstrom...sure it isn't the most exciting ride, but it definitely beats being in the heat :)

:lmao: at that last picture. Sorry you lost the battle. LOL.

I saw that picture of the Maelstrom mural and starting looking for Hidden Mickeys. I suppose it would be kind of hard to see in just a picture but I know I read something about a hidden Mickey in there in the Hidden Magic book.

I haven't been on Malestrom in ages just because the line has been so unbelievably long! I wanted to ride it with Weird, but I guess that'll have to wait. Oh, and now that I've read Kingdom Keepers 3, I'm probably going to be scared of it!

Haha, the bottle of water does actually look exotic considering its location! That's not just any bottle of water. I think it's happier than my bottle of water here at home. Bottle envy.

The cloudberry horn looks good. I've never tried the bakery in Norway though since I always go to the one in France. Everything is just so good there I just can't get away from it (well, except for the occasional baklava in Morocco).

I was impressed with the horn. We always start in Mexico and go clockwise.... I've usually eaten waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much by the time I get to France... but it's on my list. Must start in Canada :rotfl:

Heh, heh! Yeah, I'd say you lost the battle in the last picture!

:rotfl: I never really noticed that statue before. What exactly do they expect you to do with it - i mean besides be impaled...

I've been a little bit leery of the Norway bakery. I'm a picky eater, and the things I've seen on here don't really appeal to me. So instead, I like to head to the French bakery! But I might have to try one of yours next time..looks good!

I love Maelstrom...sure it isn't the most exciting ride, but it definitely beats being in the heat :)

I'm not picky at all - I'm quite an adventurous eater - but I'm just not a fan of the bakery in Norway. But the cloudberry horn was tasty. I really need to start the other way and get to the tasty French bakery.

I really like Maelstrom too... not sure what it is... must be the trolls :cutie:

:lmao: at that last picture. Sorry you lost the battle. LOL.

I saw that picture of the Maelstrom mural and starting looking for Hidden Mickeys. I suppose it would be kind of hard to see in just a picture but I know I read something about a hidden Mickey in there in the Hidden Magic book.

Yeah it was brutal... Thank goodness we were in disney and the wounds healed magically.

Haha... DH asked me if I found a hidden mickey in the mural and took a picture of it... It was kind of random to take that picture. The hidden mickey book I have has several instances of hidden mickeys in the mural... I just never remember to bring the book with me :rotfl:

I haven't been on Malestrom in ages just because the line has been so unbelievably long! I wanted to ride it with Weird, but I guess that'll have to wait. Oh, and now that I've read Kingdom Keepers 3, I'm probably going to be scared of it!

Haha, the bottle of water does actually look exotic considering its location! That's not just any bottle of water. I think it's happier than my bottle of water here at home. Bottle envy.

Yeah, the line is really weird, it's either like an hour or 5 minutes. You and Weird will have lots of chances over the years to ride Malestrom. Can't do it all at once - no reason to go back then :cutie:

Haha.... bottle envy. I just imagine your bottle at home staring at the picture, and "condensating" to form a tear :lmao:

haha Rachel, I just got to that part in KK3 last night! :scared1:

After recovering from my mortal wound, we headed to China.

102_0821.jpg

This pavilion is so pretty!

102_0822.jpg

My apartment is the top one

SafeRedirect-2.jpg

And the details are just so beautiful. When DH and I first decided on a Disney wedding we looked long and hard at the China pavilion. It’s just gorgeous, but you have to have your ceremony before 8am, and well we’re just not morning people. But looking at it makes me wish I would have insisted we get pictures there…. Even though I love our France an Italy pictures…okay enough random tangent… back to pictures of China…

102_0823.jpg

Panic was also really taken by its beauty and took a ton of pictures

SafeRedirect-1.jpg

I was getting bored, so I took a picture of her taking the pictures…

SafeRedirect-3.jpg

Notice the ominious looking clouds rolling in

102_0825.jpg

Oh adorable umbrella – will we need you?

102_0826.jpg

We popped in the shops and looked around for a while.

The shops in China. So many little things to ogle.

SafeRedirect-4.jpg

Especially the stone flowers. I want one of these so bad – just not very practical!

SafeRedirect-5.jpg

I always see the pictures of the “terracotta warriors” but I didn’t know where they were. So we found them.

SafeRedirect-6.jpg

There was a musician playing in the main pavilion, so we listened for a bit. And stared at the ceiling for a while.

102_0827.jpg

We slowly bid the beautifulness farewell…

102_0828.jpg

Haha, for REAL with the bottle envy! Now it got to go to China!

Hey! I think you live across the street from me! My apartment has the stairs next to a store or something.

Oh wow, I didn't see those stone flowers. That would've brought back such memories because we used to have a really small one although not as bright and colorful

The Chinese pavilion is so pretty. Unfortunately, we always seem to walk right past it. I'm determined on my next trip to really enjoy all of the pavilions!

You got some nice pictures in China. I especially like the last one of the water lillies. China is just one of those countries that I never seem to take enough pictures of. Even though it always looks so nice, I always seem to come back with 3 or 4 pictures from China and dozens of pictures from a bunch of the other countries. Maybe I'll try and see if I can get some more shots in next time I'm there.

I love your updates!!!!! :laughing:

And I love the pictures of Epcot which is my favorite Park. Thanks for sharing -- and where can I get a bottle of that exotic water? I have been dying to try that!!!! :rotfl2:

Haha, for REAL with the bottle envy! Now it got to go to China!

Hey! I think you live across the street from me! My apartment has the stairs next to a store or something.

Oh wow, I didn't see those stone flowers. That would've brought back such memories because we used to have a really small one although not as bright and colorful

Howdy neighbor! :rotfl2: You're smart - your apartment actually has access :laughing:

I always look at those stone flowers. They're not crazy expensive, but they seem like an impractical souvenir. I don't want to pay for shipping and I'm sure it would break in my suitcase. Plus, they really wouldn't go in my house at all... I'm so jealous you had one!

The Chinese pavilion is so pretty. Unfortunately, we always seem to walk right past it. I'm determined on my next trip to really enjoy all of the pavilions!

I know what you mean. We always spend a ton of time in Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, and Japan... then we start to fade, and skim over the other countries. I really want to make an effort to go counter clockwise next time and really soak in the other countries.

China is one of our favorites I could just spend hours there!

You got some nice pictures in China. I especially like the last one of the water lillies. China is just one of those countries that I never seem to take enough pictures of. Even though it always looks so nice, I always seem to come back with 3 or 4 pictures from China and dozens of pictures from a bunch of the other countries. Maybe I'll try and see if I can get some more shots in next time I'm there.

I like the one of the lillies too. I'll give panic full credit on that one... I was distracted by an exotic bottle of water or something :laughing:. I had it as my background on my computer for a little while. We have the opposite problem. We come back with dozens of pictures of China and none from the other ones... Maybe we should combine pictures :rotfl:

Thanks for taking us on your journey to China! The pics are so lovely, esp the last one with the water lilies.

Thanks! I think I read somewhere that China was the first pavilion to open. Maybe that's why it's so beautiful - they put all the detail into the first one? :confused3 But I could just take pictures of it all day long! The details are just so so so pretty!

I love your updates!!!!! :laughing:

And I love the pictures of Epcot which is my favorite Park. Thanks for sharing -- and where can I get a bottle of that exotic water? I have been dying to try that!!!! :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading along! Epcot is DH's favorite park, (I don't know if I mentioned this, but mine is AK :cutie:) and a close second for me.

I think you have to travel to the exotic "African Outpost" sponsored by some little company, I personally have never heard of before, called Coca Cola to get that kind of water.... but wait we got ours in Norway.... um that's close to Africa right :lmao::lmao::lmao: Either way, it's pretty exotic.

As we were walking past the totally exotic “African outpost” towards Germany, it started to rain…. Hoping it would pass quickly, and again, it had been like 15 minutes since we last ate... we hopped into Sommerfest for a pretzel.

These are so tasty – if you haven't had them, they're not at all like the other pretzels in the parks… mmmmm. I didn’t get a picture of it for you, but I did take one of the wall…’cuz…

um…yeah…can’t come up with a reason for that one…

102_0829.jpg

After we enjoyed our pretzel, the rain was still coming down, just not as hard

102_0830.jpg

Seeing the lull as an opportunity, we decided to make a break for it. Since Italy is mostly outside and, the stores are so small we figured they'd be crowded like in Germany, plus we were so not hungry anymore.... Originally we were going to just hop over to America, but seeing that the next show wasn’t for over an hour, and there isn't really much else to do at that pavilion... we were worried about being trapped with nothing to do – so we booked it to Japan.

We got there just before the skys opened up again, and we wandered around the store for quite a while.

102_0831.jpg

102_0832.jpg

The stuff is so cute in this store

102_0833.jpg

We definitely made a good choice, because the rain was showing no signs of stopping

How cute is this alarm clock? I want!

102_0834.jpg

102_0834.jpg

More cuteness!

102_0836.jpg

102_0837.jpg

After about an hour and a half of being trapped in Japan, we had scoured every last inch of the store, and dare I say it... we were bored.

We contenplated making a break for it and heading to Morocco or France, but weren't really sure what we would do there for a long amount of time, and really, the rain wasn't letting up at all. Plus, our ME time approaching (well, we still had like 2 hrs). So, we sucked it up and bought $8 Disney ponchos even though we had nice (free) unused ones back at the Beach Club all usefully packed in our luggage.

Armed with our Ponchos we made the walk to the resort. Thanking the universe that we were at the Beach Club – because when we got there we were soaked. And I'm pretty sure the walk to the BC was closer than the walk to the front of the park. If we’d had to also had to ride a bus all wet and gross we’d have been even less happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter