48 hrs, 4 parks, 2 sisters - update 7/23 Day 3 The Long Awaited Conclusion!

Hi! I really enjoy your TRs, and I was glad to have found this one. It looks like you have had a great time so far. And how exciting that there will be even more TRs this year :thumbsup2

In response to your comment:

Hehe, if you stop by my TR, you'll see another reason why I've been preoccupied and not on DIS.

Yup, I've seen LK on Broadway. I didn't think it'd be good because I knew how it was done, but once it started, it was so easily to see them as the characters. I thought that the character heads/masks on top of the actors' heads would be distracting, but I just accepted it for what it was and loved it!

I've seen the bit of Avenue Q on the Tony Awards, and it is so much more different. Aren't some actors just people whereas some have puppets? I do, however, like the song "What Do You Do with a BA in English?" because I have a BA in English, haha. When I first heard the song, I was at that stage where I had no clue what I was going to do with myself!

I think the conch nigiri might be more Weird's taste. He LOVES octopus so much. He has to eat the pieces for me. It's the texture that I don't like. It's not that I hate it; it's just that I'm scared to choke on chewy things, haha.

I think that if I were to make spinach dip from just a regular recipe, putting those add-ins will take it a step up! Gotta keep that idea in mind!

In response to your update:

The ONLY good thing about being woken up by mousekeeping when you're not planning on waking up yet is that it's better than being woken up by an alarm on a work day!

You know the one place I'd love to stay so that I could be very close to the parks? One of the buildings in China. Haha, there's a set of stairs that walked up in 2008 to pretend that that's where I lived. I took another pic again this past year. I'd like to live there and just be IN Epcot all the time!!!

Bummer about missing your beauty sleep. What's with the no DND sign? :confused3 Looking forward to EPCOT with you and your sister popcorn::

I couldn't figure out why there was no DND sign either. Only thing I could come up with is because it is DVC, and they don't come every day they don't provide one.

Oh well, it got us up earlier and gave us more time to enjoy Epcot!

Hi! I really enjoy your TRs, and I was glad to have found this one. It looks like you have had a great time so far. And how exciting that there will be even more TRs this year :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading - Glad you're enjoying it! We had a great time on this little trip. Looking back on it, it's amazing all we packed into just 48 hrs! We have 4 more trips planned in the next 6 months (we're going back for our anniversary in January too - but there wasn't room for a ticker!) so there will be plenty of TRs coming up. :cool2:

In response to your comment:

Hehe, if you stop by my TR, you'll see another reason why I've been preoccupied and not on DIS.

Yup, I've seen LK on Broadway. I didn't think it'd be good because I knew how it was done, but once it started, it was so easily to see them as the characters. I thought that the character heads/masks on top of the actors' heads would be distracting, but I just accepted it for what it was and loved it!

I've seen the bit of Avenue Q on the Tony Awards, and it is so much more different. Aren't some actors just people whereas some have puppets? I do, however, like the song "What Do You Do with a BA in English?" because I have a BA in English, haha. When I first heard the song, I was at that stage where I had no clue what I was going to do with myself!

I think the conch nigiri might be more Weird's taste. He LOVES octopus so much. He has to eat the pieces for me. It's the texture that I don't like. It's not that I hate it; it's just that I'm scared to choke on chewy things, haha.

I think that if I were to make spinach dip from just a regular recipe, putting those add-ins will take it a step up! Gotta keep that idea in mind!

In response to your update:

The ONLY good thing about being woken up by mousekeeping when you're not planning on waking up yet is that it's better than being woken up by an alarm on a work day!

You know the one place I'd love to stay so that I could be very close to the parks? One of the buildings in China. Haha, there's a set of stairs that walked up in 2008 to pretend that that's where I lived. I took another pic again this past year. I'd like to live there and just be IN Epcot all the time!!!

I posted in your TR too, but I'll say it again :cool1::cool1: Congratulations! You're definately excused for falling behind :rotfl:

Yes, Avenue Q is set up like Sesame Street with some puppets and some real people. I think that's why the real people on the stage holding the puppets were really distracting to me. But in the Lion King and Nemo they aren't.

If you don't like the texture of octopus, you wouldn't like the conch, it's definately firm and chewy. I know what you mean about worrying about choking - the chewy stuff doesn't bother me, but the larger roe freaks me out because I'm convinced one will get caught in my throat.

We figured that it wasn't all bad being woken up - because it meant more time in Epcot - which was a bonus!

I would so love to live in the China Pavilion! It's one of my favorite pavilions, it's so pretty.

After Monster’s Inc. on Friday, we both wanted to check out Turtle Talk with Crush. She said, “we can go on the Nemo ride an it drops you off right there” I said “that’s fine, but you don’t have to go on the ride”

She said, “Yes, but you can go on the ride…”

Okay, point taken… so we headed to Nemo!

102_0787.jpg

102_0788.jpg

This ride is pretty cute. I find it disjointed that the line is serene and dark and peaceful, but the ride isn't - with all the talking and projections. I really like the line theming, but it’s weird with the ride.They should update the line too.

Here are some really bad pictures of the ride for you…

102_0789.jpg

102_0790.jpg

102_0791.jpg

102_0792.jpg

After we found Nemo, we headed into the area for Turtle talk, but they had just filled a show, so we walked around and waited a while. We played the little game - I think we got 6 out of 6... But that space is very lacking in things to do, so we ended up taking pictures...

Ahem...

102_0794.jpg

Creepy self pic!

102_0796.jpg

Finally, the doors opened and we walked into the room for Turtle Talk - another first for me.

The object Crush brought out was a buzz lightyear toy. So he had everyone explain what it was, and then he said "woah, dude, so I got a buzz" it was funny.

Then there was a little girl who had her hand raised to ask a question, and he called on her and she didn't know what to say, so she said "I love my mommy and daddy" it was super cute!

The verdict was that is was cute, but not added to the "must do" list. It's much more geared towards little kids than the Monsters Inc. one was (now, this could have been because we went to Monsters Inc. at 1am… I'm just saying…) but still really cute.

Haha, when I know someone is posting Nemo pics, I squint as I scrowl down just in case there's a shark in the pictures.

When we waited for Crush, Weird and I sat on the floor farthest away from the door just to rest our feet and to let my blood circulate properly again. It was kind of relaxing. In the past, my mom probably would've yelled at me not to sit on the floor, and that would've been stressful! But I told myself it was a good place to rest this time and the wait wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. On my feet, it would've been torturous!

Yes, Monsters Inc is better! Crush has a freaky blue whale! Haha. And there's the interaction with the adults in Monsters that CAN be hilarious depending on the audience.

Hey, I was reading your TR earlier this afternoon but didn't comment. Then this evening we had an experience of "weird luck" involving both of our cars, a pizza dinner, picking up one of our sons from a party and a refund on the pizza. Long story but after it all happened I thought, "This is weird luck!" Anyway, I'm enjoying your report and wanted to give you a shout out.:thumbsup2

I've wondered about seeing Turtle Talk. It seems pretty cool, but I was afraid my BF and I would look kind of out of place!

I agree with you about the line theme and then the ride. I think I enjoyed the queue more than the ride! haha

Gotta love the feeling of just being able to walk to a park in the morning like that. :thumbsup2

Turtle Talk is really cute. I've done it a couple of times and Crush really knew how to work the crowd. It's fun to watch Crush with the kids, but I love it when he talks with the parents. The interactions are priceless. Last time I was there, he was picking on a couple of adults and saying "Yeah, you didn't think I could see you back there, did ya?" Again, it was the last show of the night so I don't know if it's always like that, but I thought it was a hoot.

Haha, when I know someone is posting Nemo pics, I squint as I scrowl down just in case there's a shark in the pictures.

When we waited for Crush, Weird and I sat on the floor farthest away from the door just to rest our feet and to let my blood circulate properly again. It was kind of relaxing. In the past, my mom probably would've yelled at me not to sit on the floor, and that would've been stressful! But I told myself it was a good place to rest this time and the wait wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. On my feet, it would've been torturous!

Yes, Monsters Inc is better! Crush has a freaky blue whale! Haha. And there's the interaction with the adults in Monsters that CAN be hilarious depending on the audience.

Haha... I'll try to remeber to put a warning if I have any scary sea creatures in my post. For this trip - the only sea creature I encountered was Panic... so you should be safe :cutie:

Monster's Inc. is on my "must show DH" list for September. Crush isn't. I think it would be much better if/when we have kids.

Hey, I was reading your TR earlier this afternoon but didn't comment. Then this evening we had an experience of "weird luck" involving both of our cars, a pizza dinner, picking up one of our sons from a party and a refund on the pizza. Long story but after it all happened I thought, "This is weird luck!" Anyway, I'm enjoying your report and wanted to give you a shout out.:thumbsup2

Welcome. That sounds like quite a story! Things like that just leave you scratching your head don't they? I feel like weird luck is my M.O. in life. We just had another instance of weird luck that involved our sun-poarch being invaded by hundreds of ants at 10pm! :rotfl:

Thanks for the shout-out and for following along!

I've wondered about seeing Turtle Talk. It seems pretty cool, but I was afraid my BF and I would look kind of out of place!

I agree with you about the line theme and then the ride. I think I enjoyed the queue more than the ride! haha

I was worried about feeling out of place too, but since they separate the adults and children, no one knows you don't have a kid up in the front - so it's not weird at all :rotfl: It's very cute. Definitely worth a look if you haven't done it yet!

I do too. The line is so serene and beach-y and calm. The ride is not at all!

Gotta love the feeling of just being able to walk to a park in the morning like that. :thumbsup2

Turtle Talk is really cute. I've done it a couple of times and Crush really knew how to work the crowd. It's fun to watch Crush with the kids, but I love it when he talks with the parents. The interactions are priceless. Last time I was there, he was picking on a couple of adults and saying "Yeah, you didn't think I could see you back there, did ya?" Again, it was the last show of the night so I don't know if it's always like that, but I thought it was a hoot.

Yeah, it was so nice. I was totally looking into switching our December reservations to the Boardwalk or Beach club because it's so nice to just walk... but I was much much to late.

The animation and interaction with Crush was awesome. Both Panic and I commented on how seamless and great it was. Our show was totally kid-oriented. I'm thinking that next time I go on it - I'll try to go during EMH, like we did for Monsters to see if that makes a difference...

After Crush, we decided to head to Innoventions

102_0797.jpg

We wandered around for a bit, and looked for the Sum of all Thrills

102_0798.jpg

I've never done it, but Panic and her DBF (who works for Raytheon) did it in January, and she keeps talking about how cool it was, so I was excited to try it.

But the line was over an hour, so we passed. Funny but since we're going so much this year, we really had no tolerance for waiting in line for stuff - we keep saying "we'll do it next time".

Next, we headed to TT, but it was down (or they weren't letting people into line, but the ride seemed to be running) and Mission Space's line was 40 minutes. But we weren’t in the mood to wait.

So we decided to check out Spaceship Earth. That wait was like 20 minutes, and though it’s better with the updates, I just can’t justify waiting for that one… so we decided to head into Club Cool instead.

Panic had never been to Club Cool, so I of course was faced with a moral dilemma. Do and warn my only sister about the supreme grossness that is Beverly, or say nothing and laugh ruthlessly when she partakes?

After much deliberation, I decided that since I had to be with her for several more hours, plus on the plane to Atlanta, and you know seeing that she’s in alliance with Hades and all, I warned her about Beverly.

Did I loose out on my photo op for good? She went for the Japanese one instead.

102_0800.jpg

Cheers!

102_0799.jpg

Did you like it?

102_0802.jpg

Mission accomplished. It’s not nearly as gross as Beverly – but not good by any means. We finished our trip to club cool off with Kinley and the Ginger Ale from Germany. Much better!

After Club Cool, it was about 11:30, so decided to head to the WS to find some food.

hahaha I love it when the little kids raise their hand to ask a question and then they make some random comment. It's like they're so anxious and then have no clue what to say.

I loves Club Cool! It's just too cool! Haha!

I think Beverly is really intended to be a pallet cleanser....but I digress it's there to taste. I think it'd work just fine if you were eating dinner and wanted a food taste gone.

Your lucky your sister went with you. I'd never get my brother to do that!

Even though I <3 Panic, I was slightly hoping you'd trick her with the Beverly just because I imagine you'd take a picture of your face after you "laugh ruthlessly."

I would have to agree and decide not to trick your sister - plane rides can be SO long sometimes :rotfl:

I was hoping you would trick her... just because I love seeing those pics! But you were probably smart in not doing it :) I tricked my BF into trying it one time, and then I felt so bad, that I took a sip too. That stuff really is disgusting!

hahaha I love it when the little kids raise their hand to ask a question and then they make some random comment. It's like they're so anxious and then have no clue what to say.

I agree. It just made my heart melt. There were a lot of little little ones on our showing. And they were just raising their hands because thats what people were doing.... and then they had no clue what to say. Crush handled it really well.

I loves Club Cool! It's just too cool! Haha!

I think Beverly is really intended to be a pallet cleanser....but I digress it's there to taste. I think it'd work just fine if you were eating dinner and wanted a food taste gone.

Your lucky your sister went with you. I'd never get my brother to do that!

Club Cool is one of those fun spots that I try to go to every time. It's a good break!

It makes sense if it's a pallette cleanser. I thought it might also be used in cocktails - kind of like tonic water - and that also made sense. But to drink it straight up out of a dixie cup is just bleh.

Even though I <3 Panic, I was slightly hoping you'd trick her with the Beverly just because I imagine you'd take a picture of your face after you "laugh ruthlessly."

:rotfl: That's a great idea... I'll have to plot who my next victim...I mean guest... will be, and point a camera at them, while someone else points the camera at me... That won't be obvious at all:rolleyes1

I would have to agree and decide not to trick your sister - plane rides can be SO long sometimes :rotfl:

She may be younger than me, but she can totally kick my butt. and she lets me know it! :lmao: That would have been the longest plane ride ever!

I was hoping you would trick her... just because I love seeing those pics! But you were probably smart in not doing it :) I tricked my BF into trying it one time, and then I felt so bad, that I took a sip too. That stuff really is disgusting!

What's so funny, is after we left, she started talking about how she wished she had tried it , and that we'll need to go there back in December so she can try it. It amazed her that something could be worse than the Japanese one she tried!

We headed to the WS in search of smaller crowds and yummy foods. After a short debate as to which way we should start, we headed to Mexico.

Upon arrival we immediately discovered our first goal – the crowds were much smaller here. Our second goal wasn’t far out of reach either, we were drawn to the delicious smells of la Cava del Tequila.

However, we decided that we weren’t quite hungry yet, so we checked out the ride. Very glad we did, because it was walk-on and we had a whole boat to ourselves! those are our kind of lines!

102_0803.jpg

Dude, seriously there's not a line let's gooooooooooo!

102_0804.jpg

I love the last room with the fireworks. I could just sit there all day! But the Character voices are really annoying and not spaced out enough.

After our trip through beautiful Mexico, we decided that the guacamole at the Cava del Tequila smelled too good to resist, so we stopped in for a Margarita and some guac.

102_0805.jpg

Although my initial goal was a blood orange margarita, we decided to split the flight of margaritas to be adventurous and have a little variety. The flight included “double shot” size portions of Passion Fruit, Prickly Pear, Avocado, Cucumber, and Jalapeno margaritas.

102_0808.jpg

(P.S. Isn’t the chair creepy?)

The avocado and jalapeno were good - the others not so much. The cucumber one tasted like pickle juice to me, Just weird!

102_0809.jpg

The guacamole was good, but it’s served with these weird puff chip thingies that were strange.

102_0810.jpg

We were able to ask for and get extra regular chips. It was good, but I wasn’t as impressed with it as I was on our previous visit. But, I’ll most likely be back!

So we wandered around the pavilion for a while, and then headed out to Norway.

Yes! The fireworks on the ride are great! I forgot about them until you mentioned it. Weird and I love watching fireworks together; I forgot why that started. Even the fake ones in that room was a fun experience.

Mmm, GUACAMOLE. I can eat mounds of guacamole. The only bad thing is that avocados can get to be so expensive! One of my favorite breakfasts is made by smushing and smearing avocado with a little bit of sea salt on a toasted sesame bagel. My mom read about it in a magazine and told me about it since I can't eat cream cheese due to the intolerance to lactose. I was so upset by that because we used to have bagels and cream cheese on most Saturdays. The avocado is definitely better though! Although I have to say that I'd love to have a sesame bagel with cream cheese, lox, tomato, red onions, and capers ...

I love your TRs!! They are hilarious. I started with your wedding which was so beautiful!! Then went to the honeymoon and now this one. They are so hilarious. I love the pictures.

I see you are from Milwaukee. I am from Sheboygan. It is cool to see someone on here so close. Keep the pictures coming!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter