42 different tickets for a 1 week stay at Universal

McCrae

DIS Veteran
i have just checked into the Portofino at Universal with my family. For our group of 4 we have been issued with 42 different tickets to cover a 1 week stay. This is just crazy..... Why can't they put everything on your room key or have a magic band like Disney.

Think op means park ticket, hotel room card and express card times the number in their group

I'll probably stand alone in this subject but have no issues of 3 things to have with me all the time
I use the UO lanyard holder and find it easy to have it used for tickets, money
Etc

Since I have the picture ID AP I use that for my ticket to the parks

Reread op post
Tickets, ep, and room key would add up to 12 for a group of 4

No idea about the other 30 cards
Maybe the tickets for dining plans, meal and movie in her/ his group?

4 room keys
4 park tickets
4 unlimited express tickets
4 quick service dinner tickets
4 full service dinner tickets
2 tickets for club room access
The remaining tickets are for meal reservations as part of the Harry Potter experience

We only have 3 meals booked! For some experiences they give you 2 tickets.

They issue different tickets for every experience you book up.

if you have lots of activities booked up you could easily have near to 100 different tickets issued to you for a weeks stay. Just madness.

4 room keys
4 park tickets
4 unlimited express tickets
2 tickets for club room access
The remaining tickets are for meal reservations as part of the Harry Potter experience .

They issue different tickets for every experience you book up.

if you have lots of activities booked up you could easily have near to 100 different tickets issued to you for a weeks stay. Just madness.

That is absolute madness in my opinion. I would end up losing something. Actually last time at Universal our friend did lose a ticket and it was like pulling teeth to get it replaced.

Don't understand the card for club access
Your room key is set up for the elevator to reach 7 th floor

That is all i needed for the club lounge

Don't understand the card for club access
Your room key is set up for the elevator to reach 7 th floor

That is all i needed for the club lounge

We were given 2 cards/tickets for the club lounge by the Lobby. Our club room is on the 5th floor.

I'm pretty sure we were given separate cards to enter the club lounge the last time we stayed at Portofino.

10+ tickets per person does sound hard to keep track of but now that you've detailed what they're for it makes a lot more sense.

Yikes! That is crazy. I hope you let them know that is one area they could improve on. Hopefully in the future they will figure out a way to condense that so that nobody needs to keep track of that many tickets/cards.

Park ticket, room key, express pass in a lanyard around my neck. Dining cards in my backpack. Easy peasy. Didn't lose or forget anything.

I'll probably stand alone in this subject but have no issues of 3 things to have with me all the time

You're not alone at all. I have absolutely no problem with different cards for different things.

OK, well, that's because apparently you got a meal plan.

The remaining tickets are for meal reservations as part of the Harry Potter experience

And you did the HP package.

I hope you got a good deal; it's rare for a package to end up better than booking a la carte, and you don't have to have a package to eat at the HP restaurants.

I'm pretty sure we were given separate cards to enter the club lounge the last time we stayed at Portofino.

I remember gold cards, but I don't remember if we *had to* use them. Wasn't any sort of big deal to us, though.

Hopefully in the future they will figure out a way to condense that so that nobody needs to keep track of that many tickets/cards.

NOt everyone has a roblem

I have a Witz brand plastic, waterproof, lanyard "pouch". I put all needed cards in there. Express pass with its bar code facing out. Ticket on the other side. Room key in between, along with CC, ID, and some cash. If for some reason we got a meal plan we would figure out what we needed for that day and take what we needed. We would leave the rest in the room safe.

Park ticket, room key, express pass in a lanyard around my neck. Dining cards in my backpack. Easy peasy. Didn't lose or forget anything.

Producing all these tickets is not good for Universal or the Guests. It's such a waste of time and resources. It's old fashioned and reflects badly on Universal. They are years behind Disney when it comes to ticketing.

Producing all these tickets is not good for Universal or the Guests. It's such a waste of time and resources. It's old fashioned and reflects badly on Universal. They are years behind Disney when it comes to ticketing.

That's your opinion. Disney spent millions of dollars on the whole MagicBand fiasco. I'd much rather see that money go to park development. Carrying a few tickets isn't a problem.

Instead of complaining here go to PBH front desk and tell them. After that head right over to guest services at either park and complain there too. There is nothing we can do to help reduce or carry your cards.

Everything can't be Disney and very happy it's not.

That's your opinion. Disney spent millions of dollars on the whole MagicBand fiasco. I'd much rather see that money go to park development. Carrying a few tickets isn't a problem.

Magic bands have been very successful.

Can't really say much more if you prefer lots of paper tickets.

But we both know that Universal are far more likely to change and cut out this sort of waste.

Instead of complaining here go to PBH front desk and tell them. After that head right over to guest services at either park and complain there too. There is nothing we can do to help reduce or carry your cards.

Everything can't be Disney and very happy it's not.

This is a discussion board .... And changes can be brought about by highlighting very obvious bad practice in public through social media.

in any discussion board, there will always be different opinions.

please don't turn the thread into which park is better than the other due to a process they have or don't have.

as long as all play nice, discuss what you want.

Absolutely on the park development.

Even when Disneyland had us carry a piece of paper to let us charge back to the room (only in 2007!) it wasn't an issue for us. I *prefer* having things seperate. Probably those who like ONE thing with everything on it aren't prone to misplacing stuff. I am.

Disneyland incorporated charging onto their room keycards, but they still have separate admission cards.

And as far as I know they still have FPs, so that's like the express pass. :)

But we both know that Universal are far more likely to change and cut out this sort of waste.

This is a discussion board .... And changes can be brought about by highlighting very obvious bad practice in public through social media.

You see it as waste* and bad practice. I see it as perfectly fine.

You chose to book a package with HP meals included (which likely didn't save you anything, and gets you nothing *extra*). You chose to book a package with dining. Those are choices that aren't made by everyone. I've never had those things.

Loews owns the hotels (except for HR but that's nitpicky). So they have their separate room keycards. Universal has the tickets. Some sort of mixture of Loews and Universal has the EPs. It makes *sense* that there are three separate items for three separate things.

And I'll tell you....my husband and son LOVED having the separate gold cards for Club at PBH. It spoke to every part of their "I love having something not everyone has" souls. It made them feel special. (it made me feel poorer, LOL, but that was made up by the 16oz plastic cups of wine they poured me b/c they knew that DS was still sick and was spending most of his time in our room, and I was with him most of the time)

*I have 13 separate MBs just for me. With three upcoming reservations that's 3 more I am eligible to get. If I upgrade to an AP I'll get another. Talk about waste! :) And at WDW (and DLR when I'm onsite) I rarely charge to the room, so I'm still wearing my (Ravenclaw) lanyard with my Witz "pouch" on it, carrying my CC and cash and ID and insurance card (ooh, forgot to mention that earlier). Even with the MB. Which I sometimes wear and sometimes stash elsewhere b/c I can't stand wearing a preschooler's plastic bracelet. (I miss working in downtown Seattle, wearing a lanyard and ID card...so I like the lanyard better!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter