A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

I have so much catching up to do!! I'll comment properly when I'm fully caught up BUT I just needed to say this...

I FRICKEN LOVE THESE!!!!!!

MERMAIDS!!!

OU_o9zPUXd9PVm0X7bvAXcHMOGxjd0UlZkoGYEvOflBS44HzFywjlddwnpPJsFs5f16oVfql2vEBns_bMz-Zm409d8lxAKwkMNttP1TV6FtwbTOsI6hAorO8DFSRjE1gjasOKKMC9Bj47CUXo0YGTE7qSiSelKl4BcrNKcM=s0-d-e1-ft

giphy.gif

It's nice at times, and I do enjoy the weeks for Christmas and Spring Break, but yeah, I too am not someone who needs my summers off. It definitely does make it hard to go back and I'd love to have more flexibility with my time off. And yes, teaching is no joke for sure. Like I said, I'm not a classroom teacher (but originally wanted to be and am certified for it) so I'm not under the same demands, but I'm seeing it firsthand and having second thoughts as to whether it's what I want to do. I guess we'll see what happens. I'll be doing some soul searching this summer for sure. And I'm not alone - my state is having a big rise in teachers leaving the profession even when they aren't close to retirement age and there's a decline in enrollment in education programs too. It's sad. :(
Seriously, I don't know how you guys do it with the long vacations. I mean...not that I LOVE coming to work or anything (I wish) but if I'm gone for more than a week or so it is SO hard for me to get back into it. 3 months would be impossible.

When I was in grad school, I taught 1 class for 3 semesters (it was an introductory statistics class, 2-3 times per week). It was...okay. I did it because I got free tuition + a stipend in exchange for it, but it's not something I would want to do every day for my entire career. You have to be *on* all the time. I don't know how teachers do it. I liked one-on-one tutoring better.

I hope you figure out a better solution. :(
It rained for Wine and Dine in 2014?!? You don't say! I'm still not sure which year had it worse.
Oh yes, didn't you hear?! :rotfl2:

I'd say 2015 was worse. It monsooned in 2014, but at least we got to run the entire race. And they had characters out in sort of *creative* ways (under awnings, umbrellas, etc.) so we still got some character pictures. But the atmosphere just wasn't the same (I was lucky enough to run the last "normal" nighttime Wine & Dine half in 2013). I was bummed for my friends that were with me who were doing the race for the first time, because I don't think they got the full experience. Disney did what they could, but they could only do so much with that weather. But again, at least we got to run the full 13.1! And I've run in rain before (though admittedly that was the longest distance I've run in the rain) so it wasn't a HUGE deal for me. Would have been better if I'd had a hat or something though...
Yeah, I had a feeling those were going to go fast and if I wanted them I needed to just go for it.
I'd say that feeling was a good one. I keep checking the website to see if sizes are starting to disappear.
Thanks, folks. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiter.
:rotfl2:
I have so much catching up to do!! I'll comment properly when I'm fully caught up BUT I just needed to say this...

I FRICKEN LOVE THESE!!!!!!

RIGHT??! I DIED when I saw those. TAKE MY MONEY!!!
5741231.gif

Just reading up a bunch from your previous posts.
114286.gif

I think the Goofy is a good way to go. You don't have to be there the very first day of the expo like you would for Dopey. As a person who did the 5k last year I had anxiety about missing the expo due to travel, etc. So you get extra days before you need to be at the expo for packet pick up. And like some other people said...only two early wake ups :)

I'm edging closer and closer to wanting to Tink in 2017. So if I end up there and you end up there (yay for deferrals working out for you!) then I will try to hunt you down to force you to take a pair of my crazy leggings I've been hoard-buying :)

Just reading up a bunch from your previous posts.
114286.gif

I think the Goofy is a good way to go. You don't have to be there the very first day of the expo like you would for Dopey. As a person who did the 5k last year I had anxiety about missing the expo due to travel, etc. So you get extra days before you need to be at the expo for packet pick up. And like some other people said...only two early wake ups :)
I'm definitely happy with my decision for this year as far as Goofy vs. Dopey - especially after seeing my credit card balance this week! The Goofy registration was bad enough, at least it wasn't Dopey-level.

That's a great point about more flexibility with the expo, especially coming from Ohio where we have pretty dicey weather that time of year! I hadn't thought about that. :)
I'm edging closer and closer to wanting to Tink in 2017. So if I end up there and you end up there (yay for deferrals working out for you!) then I will try to hunt you down to force you to take a pair of my crazy leggings I've been hoard-buying :)
DOOOOO IIIITTTTTT! I wanna see those leggings in person! :)

**TRIP PLANNING**

Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

TICKETS
I was hoping to renew my Premier AP this year, but since there is no renewal discount, and the price increased from when I first bought it to now by a crazy almost $400, mathematically it doesn't make sense to renew after it expires in September. :(

Good-bye, old friend. I'll miss your 20% discount at Disneyland!

21096983500_5265011469_z.jpg

What DOES make sense with my current plans (3 trips to WDW and 1 trip to Disneyland coming up in the next year - lucky me!!) is getting a WDW Platinum Annual Pass that will start at Wine & Dine and buying my 2017 Tink weekend tickets separately. If something changes before Tink (i.e. if I plan another trip - I would say that's pretty unlikely) then it's possible that it would make sense to upgrade to another PAP, but I don't see that happening.

We'll be purchasing a park hopper for Mr. A (3 or 4 days, haven’t decided yet - most likely a 3-day and we'll add on the 4th day if needed).

FLIGHTS

I booked mine today! :yay: I have been looking for awhile and found a great rate that I couldn't pass up - $218 round-trip! Anything under $250 from our airport to MCO is pretty good, so I jumped. Both flights have connectors (seems like getting a direct flight from our airport to Orlando is pretty much impossible lately :(), but the times are great (arriving early and leaving late - maximize that Disney time!) and like I said, great price. So no complaints. :)

I still need to book something for Mr. A. We actually will not be flying down and leaving together. :( Since he is a teacher, there are limits on his time off - he'll be taking that Thursday and Friday off (an improvement over past years when he couldn't take 2 days off in a row :banana:) and working on Wednesday, so right now I am 95% sure he'll be catching a flight to MCO after work that day. The other alternative is to fly out early Thursday, but I think he's leaning toward the late Wednesday flight so he can sleep in on Thursday and wake up in Disney. There was a chance that I would wait and fly down with him on Wednesday, but he told me to go ahead and just book an early flight so I could get there sooner. :) He's swell.

15450786214_9ac3297f58_z.jpg

Coming back is a bit of a planning fail on my part. I made the resort reservation before realizing that the Tuesday after Wine & Dine is Election Day. Mr. A's school will be a polling station, so that means no school on Tuesday for him - and he's not allowed to take the day before off because of that. So he needs to fly home on Sunday. :headache: I didn't realize this before renting DVC points for our resort, and that reservation goes until Monday the 7th...and is non-refundable. So while he's flying back Sunday, I'll be flying back Monday (which works out better with the half now being Sunday morning - I'd definitely prefer not flying home that same day. Not that it would be a huge deal, but still). And flying back on Monday apparently is what got me that great price on my flights, because switching the return flight to Sunday almost doubles the fare. So I'll have to keep an eye out for something reasonable, or dip into our credit card reward points for Mr. A's flight. :confused3

RESORT

Done and done! SO excited to stay at the Polynesian!!
25254396899_15ca335872_z.jpg

ADRs
The big appeal of this trip for us is Food & Wine Festival (I mean...also running, but mostly Food & Wine). When we were in Disney for Food & Wine in 2013, we definitely did not get enough festival time in, so we're planning on changing that this time! ::yes::

26586922192_52309007c5_z.jpg

We have a Disney Visa that we let rack up reward points throughout the year, and I'm planning on cashing those in for a rewards gift card for this trip (normally we put it toward our onboard credits on DCL). Of course...I say that but I just looked at the rewards and it's almost to $400! :eek: We won't actually spend that much at Food & Wine, right?!

Since we'll be at the Poly, I'm going to request that our room be close to the TTC so we have easy monorail access to Epcot, as I think that’s where we'll spend a lot of time (again, because of the festival). So we won't be making as many ADRs as usual...having said that, our list is still decently long!

Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
California Grill (Dinner)
Kona Cafe (Breakfast)
Kona Cafe (Lunch)
‘Ohana (Dinner)
Via Napoli (Dinner)

'OHANA NOODLES YAAAAASSSS
26075765863_f613c7654a_z.jpg

'OHANA BREAD PUDDING YAAAASSSSSS
26679767005_e7b02800f6_z.jpg

:rotfl2: THIS is "not as many ADRs as usual"??! Haha!

At least these are what I'll be making next week...there's a good chance we won't keep all of them. But I need to be ready because our window opens when I'm in Disneyland for Tink (the day of the 5K, actually)!

To-do list:

• Make ADRs
  • Contact point rental agency and add Magical Express information once I get Mr. A's flights booked (with a regular reservation I would just call Disney, but since I'm renting points, the owner I am renting from needs to relay this information to Disney. I don't love this loss of control but hey, I knew what I was signing up for)
  • Pick out outfits!!! ::yes::
  • Buy Annual Pass and ticket voucher ahead of time? Not decided on this yet...would save some cash in case of a price increase...

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Love the Food and Wine plans!! It's too bad you can't travel with Mr. A, but you've got to maximize that Disney time for sure-- and cheaper flights! Your ADR list looks so great. I'm about to eat my lunch and I sure wish I had a bread pudding to go with it! ;)

Loving the plans! Getting everything booked and ready to go is exciting! Kona twice and Ohana looks great. I am so jealous of you staying at the Poly.

Been lurking for a while, so figured I'd pop out to say, I love your reports and general passion for running, in all manner of conditions. I too am super pumped to be making wine & dine ADRs soon...but not really sure what to choose a) first solo wdw trip and b) first time at POR-FQ, I know you've done both before, perhaps you could make a suggestion. Keep up the infectious energy!!!

Yay for trip-planning posts!!!

I'm sorry you have to give up that beautiful Premier AP. Sadness. :( But, that price increase is pretty crazy. A platinum WDW pass seems like a good next choice though. Woohoo.

Flights booked. Check. That's always a great feeling to have that settled. Bummer about the issues with coordinating flights with Mr. A though. Still sounds like you guys are set up for a great trip and especially with staying at the Polynesian. I'm jealous but can't wait to read all about it.

Great idea to use your rewards dollars for Food & Wine. Chris and I really only spent one day working our way around the F&W booths, and I never went through and added up what we spent that day, but it was hefty. It adds up quickly. But, we really enjoyed that day and had a lot of fun trying out the various items and drinks. Sadly the race wasn't a good one for us, but that day went a long way toward redeeming the trip. :)

The ADR list looks awesome. Chris and I also didn't plan as many meals on our W&D trip because we used the food booths at Epcot to supplement some. I need to start thinking more about our actual plans for the marathon weekend and where we might want to eat. That 180 day will be here before I know it!!

Love the Food and Wine plans!! It's too bad you can't travel with Mr. A, but you've got to maximize that Disney time for sure-- and cheaper flights! Your ADR list looks so great. I'm about to eat my lunch and I sure wish I had a bread pudding to go with it! ;)
Yeah, I'm like 90% happy with how the plans are shaking out. If we could have coordinated our schedules a little better I'd be 100% happy with it, so I really cannot complain at all!

Seriously, that bread pudding though...:lovestruc Originally we weren't going to go to 'Ohana for dinner but then we were on a dog walk and one of us would go, "but that bread..." and the other would go, "but those noodles..." and then "that bread pudding - we'd better just eat there!"
Loving the plans! Getting everything booked and ready to go is exciting! Kona twice and Ohana looks great. I am so jealous of you staying at the Poly.
I'm excited! Of course there won't be much to do after booking ADRs, but it's getting closer!
Been lurking for a while, so figured I'd pop out to say, I love your reports and general passion for running, in all manner of conditions.
Hi! :wave: Thanks for popping in!!
I too am super pumped to be making wine & dine ADRs soon...but not really sure what to choose a) first solo wdw trip and b) first time at POR-FQ, I know you've done both before, perhaps you could make a suggestion. Keep up the infectious energy!!!
PRFQ - make sure to try the beignets at Sassagoula!! So good!

The nice thing about French Quarter is that you have easy access to Downtown Disney (Disney Springs?!) and not a far ride to Epcot - lots of dining that is decently close by!! I love Wolfgang Puck Express and the Earl in Disney Springs. The boat ride from POFQ to there is nice, a little long, but it's peaceful and relaxing.

I can't help much on the solo aspect of the trip - yet. But I'm looking forward to my solo-ish trips in January and February because I have 100% of the say in all of the dining! That'll be awesome!
Yay for trip-planning posts!!!
:yay:
I'm sorry you have to give up that beautiful Premier AP. Sadness. :( But, that price increase is pretty crazy. A platinum WDW pass seems like a good next choice though. Woohoo.
I knoooooow :sad: I have made good use of the 20% merchandise discount at Disneyland I'll miss that a lot!!

But really...it has paid for itself under the old pricing, but the new pricing is just ridiculous!!
Flights booked. Check. That's always a great feeling to have that settled. Bummer about the issues with coordinating flights with Mr. A though. Still sounds like you guys are set up for a great trip and especially with staying at the Polynesian. I'm jealous but can't wait to read all about it.
Yes!! I wish I could book Mr. A's flights as well, but I can't take those prices yet - the ones I was looking at for him were more like $350-$400 RT.

I'm so excited for the Poly - I forgot one of the big reasons I'm excited is for easy access to Trader Sam's!! ::yes:: Maybe that's where the Disney gift card will go. ;)
Great idea to use your rewards dollars for Food & Wine. Chris and I really only spent one day working our way around the F&W booths, and I never went through and added up what we spent that day, but it was hefty. It adds up quickly. But, we really enjoyed that day and had a lot of fun trying out the various items and drinks. Sadly the race wasn't a good one for us, but that day went a long way toward redeeming the trip. :)
The one time Mr. A and I went to Food & Wine together, we only went to Canada and Belgium. Then I went the next year with my BFFs and made it to more booths and it was SO fun! I'm looking forward to Mr. A having the proper F&W experience. :) But you're right, those samples are not cheap! Maybe we WILL need the entire gift card...
The ADR list looks awesome. Chris and I also didn't plan as many meals on our W&D trip because we used the food booths at Epcot to supplement some. I need to start thinking more about our actual plans for the marathon weekend and where we might want to eat. That 180 day will be here before I know it!!
I want to really take advantage of our resort location! Thus the 3 Poly ADRs and California Grill (for easy monorail access).

You know, I've been having trouble coming up with Marathon Weekend ADRs. Not sure why. I have my pre-marathon dinner and my celebratory marathon dinner and that's pretty much it. :confused3

I am so jealous you're staying at the Polynesian for Wine and Dine! My Dad, sister, and I stayed there for Spring Break this year and it was amazing. Nostalgic, because it's where we stayed for about 4-5 trips when my sisters and I were kids, and we loved our room (third floor lake view on the very end of the Moorea building). It had a perfect, unobstructed view of the lake and Wishes (we watched it from our balcony every night of our trip except for the nights we were at the Star Wars fireworks and actually in MK for Wishes). And it was so close to the TTC that we could easily walk there, and we even got off at that stop on our way back from MK since it was closer to walk from the TTC than the Great Ceremonial House. It would be great to stay for there for Food and Wine and for the races, since monorail transportation to Epcot is so great. So yeah, I am jealous and hope to stay there again sometime!

Seriously, I don't know how you guys do it with the long vacations. I mean...not that I LOVE coming to work or anything (I wish) but if I'm gone for more than a week or so it is SO hard for me to get back into it. 3 months would be impossible.

When I was in grad school, I taught 1 class for 3 semesters (it was an introductory statistics class, 2-3 times per week). It was...okay. I did it because I got free tuition + a stipend in exchange for it, but it's not something I would want to do every day for my entire career. You have to be *on* all the time. I don't know how teachers do it. I liked one-on-one tutoring better.

I hope you figure out a better solution. :(

Oh yes, didn't you hear?! :rotfl2:

I'd say 2015 was worse. It monsooned in 2014, but at least we got to run the entire race. And they had characters out in sort of *creative* ways (under awnings, umbrellas, etc.) so we still got some character pictures. But the atmosphere just wasn't the same (I was lucky enough to run the last "normal" nighttime Wine & Dine half in 2013). I was bummed for my friends that were with me who were doing the race for the first time, because I don't think they got the full experience. Disney did what they could, but they could only do so much with that weather. But again, at least we got to run the full 13.1! And I've run in rain before (though admittedly that was the longest distance I've run in the rain) so it wasn't a HUGE deal for me. Would have been better if I'd had a hat or something though...
Thanks. I don't know where I'll end up, but I am about 99% sure at this point that I don't think I can do a classroom anymore. It definitely does require being "on" all the time. What does your husband teach, just out of curiosity (grade level/subject)?

And yes, I may be a bit biased because it was the year that affected me personally, but when I think about it, I'd definitely say 2015 was worse too. The rain would suck, but like you said, you got to run the whole race and do the distance you signed up for. So you definitely earned your medal and can look at it proudly. I'm not ashamed of mine, and still love it for what it does signify, but it's bittersweet. Not to mention I also bought an "I Did It" shirt which I loved so much but can't really wear. :(

I remember reading your trip report for the 2013 Wine and Dine recently. That's nice that you got to do that one without the rain, but weren't you also injured if I recall correctly? For your sake, my sake, and the sake of everyone else registered, can 2016 please go off without a hitch?

Love the planning! We've had the same thought- limit ADRs to maximize Food and Wine festivities. You've got some great ones on your list- especially given that you're staying at the Poly there's no way you could skip Ohana and Kona!

I am so jealous you're staying at the Polynesian for Wine and Dine! My Dad, sister, and I stayed there for Spring Break this year and it was amazing. Nostalgic, because it's where we stayed for about 4-5 trips when my sisters and I were kids, and we loved our room (third floor lake view on the very end of the Moorea building). It had a perfect, unobstructed view of the lake and Wishes (we watched it from our balcony every night of our trip except for the nights we were at the Star Wars fireworks and actually in MK for Wishes). And it was so close to the TTC that we could easily walk there, and we even got off at that stop on our way back from MK since it was closer to walk from the TTC than the Great Ceremonial House. It would be great to stay for there for Food and Wine and for the races, since monorail transportation to Epcot is so great. So yeah, I am jealous and hope to stay there again sometime!
I can't quite believe that we're staying there. It's been on our list for about 5 years now, and I don't think either of us thought it would every actually happen. Not sure when it'll hit me! This will be our first stay there...the one trip I took as a child, we stayed at All-Star Sports, and Mr. A's parents prefer the Wilderness Lodge, so that's where he stayed for childhood trips (we need to get there at some point, too!).

Your room sounds PERFECT!! I'll need to research the layout of the resort at some point when I get close to online check-in...being close to the TTC is a big priority for us!
Thanks. I don't know where I'll end up, but I am about 99% sure at this point that I don't think I can do a classroom anymore. It definitely does require being "on" all the time. What does your husband teach, just out of curiosity (grade level/subject)?
He is a high school math teacher. Since he was the newest teacher for quite awhile, he was stuck with the more - shall we say - unmotivated kids for his classes, so that was tough for him so many years in a row (trying to motivate kids that just don't care every day was really wearing on him). After 5 or so it seemed to me like he'd paid his dues and that his co-workers needed to pitch in, so I really ragged on him to speak up and ask for some more challenging classes. His co-workers were more than willing to shuffle things around. So he's still got some of the classes that he's had for a few years (2-3 sections of a math class for seniors that don't like match, but they need it to graduate), but he also gets the occasional Honors Geometry and Pre-Calculus classes as well. I think it's really changed his mood a LOT and has revitalized his love for teaching. :)

He also coached tennis for 5ish years but recently stopped that - he loves teaching and he loves tennis, but he loves PLAYING tennis more than coaching it. It was so much time and he really didn't get a lot of extra pay for it. :confused3
And yes, I may be a bit biased because it was the year that affected me personally, but when I think about it, I'd definitely say 2015 was worse too. The rain would suck, but like you said, you got to run the whole race and do the distance you signed up for. So you definitely earned your medal and can look at it proudly. I'm not ashamed of mine, and still love it for what it does signify, but it's bittersweet. Not to mention I also bought an "I Did It" shirt which I loved so much but can't really wear. :(
Yeah, the rain did suck, but there was definitely a feeling of, "I am SUCH a bad@$$!" when it was done, so that was satisfying in a way that I didn't expect when I first signed up for the race.
I remember reading your trip report for the 2013 Wine and Dine recently. That's nice that you got to do that one without the rain, but weren't you also injured if I recall correctly? For your sake, my sake, and the sake of everyone else registered, can 2016 please go off without a hitch?
Yes, I was! I used to feel like I didn't get many injuries, but that definitely hasn't been the case over the past couple of years. :mad: Some kind of weird foot strain...ugh!

I would LOVE for 2016 to go off without a hitch. ::yes:: I've had 2 less-than-stellar Wine & Dine experiences, so I need this one to go well! Otherwise I'm going to accept that this weekend is cursed for me and just give up on it!
Love the planning! We've had the same thought- limit ADRs to maximize Food and Wine festivities. You've got some great ones on your list- especially given that you're staying at the Poly there's no way you could skip Ohana and Kona!
Yes, had to take advantage of our location! :) I definitely see some Tonga Toast, 'Ohana noodles and bread pudding, and visits to Trader Sam's in my future! :banana:

All these Ohana bread pudding conversations make me want to stay at the Poly sooo bad!! It's just not worth the splurge on a solo trip though...or really in a quick weekend trip, the time out of the parks to travel there and back...but man oh man, you guys have definitely got me contemplating it. You POLY peeps are going to have the best Foodie time!!!

Yay for having your flights booked!

OMG Poly ... I'm super jealous. I think I've said this before, but ... if Mr. A bails on you and you need someone to stay at the Poly with you, I'm available!

ADR day on 5K morning ... hey, at least you'll be up early for the race anyway, right? I love that you've got Poly restaurants featured on the list ... nothing better than having amazing food available in your hotel!

Also ... TINK IS NEXT WEEK!!!! AHHH!!! I'm so excited for your triumphant return to races!

Random aside that will probably not be interesting to anyone: my hair has gotten pretty long lately, and I've been struggling with how to wear it during runs. Normally I do a ponytail + SweatyBand type deal, but it's gotten long enough that sometimes it swings around and whacks me in the face...or I can feel it whipping my shoulders, which is pretty annoying.

KEE-YOOT braid! The struggle is real. I realized just recently that my hair is at least 4" longer than I thought it was (I mostly wear in a sloppy bun/ponytail combo) and it's also very fine (but a lot of it) so when I run with a ponytail for any long distance, I come home with a veritable bird's nest. I'm braiding it for Tink Half next week (my costume is Fawn, the animal fairy), but after that I'm going to need to take stock of things and maybe donate to a charity.

Okay, so INKnBURN just posted their new release...dying over this one. This may be as excited as I've been for something of theirs to come out!
dkNnsYOJfE-Ad3owmY0QSKDSf1WCEvcpSc70mZtSSRwREspWQ_aJO_WBwbkc0MYtvYPVK_jDR3scZrSeyfpfZlKAQfq6-rCR-NSSz_Q2bZPsVsB3FbsF493_mdhv83bfzx4K1W0L8vCJ_C_19skPjkzD3yDgSjGpo2E2Yoc=s0-d-e1-ft

I mean, really. Abalone Singlet
ecrAJiVbWAAPf-R7KTbRaeTDf6vhUR4YhO5D3kbXc1wIDyzzr3KPnEeC7pCBvhdmn6Gkz_aojL3eLUMLNNaUKkmvIMjSHKhcJwBCOdcqlMPi2bK-ZOXvy5c2f2FdHz5eZ67OAwt8ug1xFlyBvIjGQ6G18NaNM0u4TDNUmbU=s0-d-e1-ft

This Women's Abalone Singlet incorporates the amazing colors found in those beautiful shells. Tough on the outside and beautiful within, the abalone represents solace, the greatness of the oceans, a life of beauty, peacefulness, and delight. Perhaps because these are some of the things you feel when looking at the amazing colors and patterns that seem to soothe like the sound of the sea.

And MERMAID CAPRIS!!! :hyper: I mean, look at my username. I ordered these so fast I swear my keyboard was smoking once the order was processed!
OU_o9zPUXd9PVm0X7bvAXcHMOGxjd0UlZkoGYEvOflBS44HzFywjlddwnpPJsFs5f16oVfql2vEBns_bMz-Zm409d8lxAKwkMNttP1TV6FtwbTOsI6hAorO8DFSRjE1gjasOKKMC9Bj47CUXo0YGTE7qSiSelKl4BcrNKcM=s0-d-e1-ft

Our Mermaid Capris were inspired by the mysterious sirens of sea lore, that represent wild freedom, a rebellious spirit and ferocious independence (they can never be contained and frequently avoid settling). Since we apply the art by hand to each panel on all our apparel, the colors on these capris change depending on where the scales lay on your body. Notice the subtle pinks on the hips and outer calves... and, how the scales get smaller toward the bottom. We always adjust our art for each size so, our clothes look great on ALL the sizes we sell. And, with colors so vibrant, they almost look iridescent in the sunlight. Be sure to checkout our signature camouflaged pocket on the right thigh, perfect for storing your iPhone or sea shell comb.

O...M...G... You are getting ever closer to me biting the bullet on InB. I'm a marine biologist and a huge sucker for anything fish/marine invertebrate. :thumbsup2

Truth. It's a major reason why I only lasted 2 years in teaching - I'm an introvert by nature and being "on" all the time like that (and teaching marine science to 10th graders...) was soul-sucking for me. I come from a long line of teachers and it's an amazing gift and talent that I don't seem to possess.

Of course...I say that but I just looked at the rewards and it's almost to $400! :eek: We won't actually spend that much at Food & Wine, right?!

It wouldn't be difficult at Disney prices! :rotfl2:But seriously, that's an awesome little vacation nest-egg. :) Sorry to hear about your now-defunct Premier Pass. :( I just purchased 3-day hoppers for DL next weekend, and they literally cost half of our WDW APs! Eek!

Oh lawdy those mermaid carpis...I swooned when I saw them! I quickly realized they were going to disappear fast, so I lovingly sat my husband down at the computer and pointed to the mermaid capris and said "here ya go - for mother's day!". I don't really wear capris, I usually run in skirts (or running tights if it's cold) but I could not pass these beautiful pants up! I didn't get the abalone top, I have a purple running tank that will match great, and I was also thinking about getting one of the Raw Threads mermaid shirts to go with them. I've basically been thinking about those mermaid capris WAY too much...
Your Wine and Dine trip plans are coming together nicely! You will love the Poly - stayed there for Dopey in January and it was amazing! That is a great list of ADR's! Save some room on the schedule to eat and drink your way around Epcot too. We were just there for Flower and Garden and they have food booths for that now too - everything was yummy!
Really looking forward to hearing about Tink! Are you going to do a separate trip report for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter