38 inches + ....good shoes?

My daughter was 38" exactly last trip. I took a measuring tape to the shoe store and tried on shoes, measuring her until I found some that got her over the mark. Worked for us! Also we practiced standing up straight and getting measured a lot.

This post could have been written by me, we are hoping for a growth spurt between now and September! Our DS really wants to ride radiator springs racers. We have been telling him he has to eat his vegetables

This post could have been written by me, we are hoping for a growth spurt between now and September! Our DS really wants to ride radiator springs racers. We have been telling him he has to eat his vegetables
I'm also trying the vegetables route. And I've gotten serious about giving him his vitamins!! Lol! Mother of the year won again.

We were in this boat this May. DS4 was dead on 40" with his crocs on. I had to constantly remind him to stand up straight while they were measuring him. That is the biggest thing. He was worn out when we got to Soarin' and was fighting standing straight up until I told him he wasn't going to get to ride if he didn't straighten up. Thankfully he did and this trip he got to ride Soarin, BTMRR, Stitch and Splash for the first time.

I am trying to convince my husband that while the kid is at the beginning of a growth spurt right now and will *certainly* be 44" by January (she's 43.75 barefoot as is) she will almost certainly NOT be 48". He wants someone to ride the big coasters with him. :)

I am trying to convince my husband that while the kid is at the beginning of a growth spurt right now and will *certainly* be 44" by January (she's 43.75 barefoot as is) she will almost certainly NOT be 48". He wants someone to ride the big coasters with him. :)
Yikes, that does see, unlikeLy though! My DD is now 8 and 48" but we spent three summers where she had friends that went on big rides and she didn't.

We were very hit or miss on DS' height for 7DMT this past trip. I found putting him in his Keens always pushed him over the edge. Plus they worked well for the rainy days, since they're made of neoprene. They dried well and didn't cause blisters when wet. We actually all ended up wearing Keens for that reason.

If you buy new shoes, make sure they are well broken in before the trip. Getting to ride a few more rides at the expense of aching feet is not worth it. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter