30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

Just started my morning pre work walks up again, first one done and I will be heading out for another walk at lunchtime. Im planning on walking myself thin :rotfl:

I will join you all,

Ive been sick for around 2 yrs and the last yr has been the worse, I was ment to be having my major head Op last wk but they ran over in theatre and so now i have to wait until the 20th july!! I was hoping that i was going to have at least 6 wks to diet and exercise after i healed :sad2: oh well,

Im also on Opiates for pain and they makeme crave SUGER great huh :lmao:
so...............
My goal is to lose 15lbs by October and to tone up my legs and arms! I can do arm weights and walk i try and walk around 2 miles a day but the UK weather keeps on letting me down!!! my mum bless her cant walk to far due to having a knee Op about 6 months ago that left her with some pain on long distances but gets on her ECV and goes with me to make sure i dont get dizzy or sick she is very fit other wise so can look after me if anything happens.

I wish everybody luck I know how hard it is to resist and this is what i have to do as eating icecream is one of the best things for me when i feel sick due to it being so cold! ive given up cream cakes and biscuits and I dont drink Im trying to cook from scratch and do low carb/low suger/low fat "in other words pretty healthy eating!" ill proberly have all of september if im lucky to pushmyself a little harder but apart from that slow and steady with NO treats will have to do!

I look forward to hearing any recipes you guys have so we can share and not bore ourselves :thumbsup2

Hope its not too late to join you all hoping to get fit and started my c25k today in the rain. I can use all the encouragment as I can get. I know we can do it. :thumbsup2

Hope its not too late to join you all hoping to get fit and started my c25k today in the rain. I can use all the encouragment as I can get. I know we can do it. :thumbsup2

Way to go! I tried the c25k and the first one I did just fine on the treadmill. the second day I did it at the park and it killlllllled me lol Good for you to do it in the rain! That's commitment!!

On the homefront: still plugging away at Power 90. My rest day is Friday :banana:

Happy 4th of July to all the Americans. We're bbq'ing today and lounging by the pool. Already put together a cucumber salad and berry salad.

Hit the 10 pound mark today, feels great. Although I have lots more to lose, I feel like this is working for me. I am rarely hungry and kicking my sugar habit which for me is very hard. I don't miss meat at all, what I miss most is bread, I did break down yesterday and have a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it. Other than that I have been strictly fruits, veggies and beans for the last week.
Happy Fourth of July everyone !! :beach:

I just had breast reduction surgery 2 weeks ago and am looking to drop at least 10 pounds by my August 16 trip. I carry all my weight in my stomach and it looks horrible. I had twins 7 years ago and was really stretched out. I didn't gain a lot as I was terribly sick and had complications. I ended up with a c- section and that screwed up my middle even more as now I have no ab muscle tone. Please give me some encouragement as I get into a routine to get in better shape. :hug:

I lost 17 lbs. in the last 8 weeks. 3 more to go!

I did it with nutri system. To me it's a wonder diet. I'm never hungry!

I really only needed to lose 15 but wanted to give myself a 5 lb. leeway so I could eat like crazy when we go to Disney. We leave in 10 days and we'll be there for two weeks!

I'm dreaming of eating Mickey bars!

I just had breast reduction surgery 2 weeks ago and am looking to drop at least 10 pounds by my August 16 trip. I carry all my weight in my stomach and it looks horrible. I had twins 7 years ago and was really stretched out. I didn't gain a lot as I was terribly sick and had complications. I ended up with a c- section and that screwed up my middle even more as now I have no ab muscle tone. Please give me some encouragement as I get into a routine to get in better shape. :hug:

Not sure if this helps, but I learned in my kinesology class (study of movement and muscles) that a really good exercise for someone with stomach issues is to be side sit ups-meaning that when you "sit-up" you rotate your body to the left and then on the next "sit-up" you rotate to the left as opposed to sitting-up straight ahead.

I'm totally in it with you! I am also heading to WDW in late October for the Food & Wine Festival. I would like to lose about 15lbs before then. I used to be on Weight Watchers and had amazing success with the program and lost a little over 40lbs. I've gained about 10lbs of it back and I'm just having a hard time getting back on board the program again.

I do have to say I WASN'T dating my DBF when I lost the 40lbs and somehow I magically gained those 10lbs while I've been dating him...hmmmm...:rotfl:

Anywho, DBF is on board with me and we're working on it! My goal for this week is to hit the gym at least 3 times this week and to avoid eating the cafeteria food at my job. So far, so good! :thumbsup2

Hope your progress is going well so far! Keep us posted!

I lost 17 lbs. in the last 8 weeks. 3 more to go!

I did it with nutri system. To me it's a wonder diet. I'm never hungry!

A good friend of mine also had great success with nutri system. I'd try it but I know hubs wouldn't participate. I can't deal with 2 different diets going on in our household. Basically I'm just cutting calorie intake and exercising more. Very simplistic but I think it'll work for me.

I'm loving this thread! Very encouraging! So far, I've managed to swim twice this week. I was a bit nervous getting on the scale today, but was down another 1.5pounds since Sat.(the last time i forced myself on the scale..Lol!) plus down 26.5inches overall in the last 12 weeks. I'm hoping not to stall out anytime soon!!! Keep up the good work fellow weight loss Disers!!! I can't wait to read how everyone is doing!

I love those pounds lost counters I spied on a few posts. So I went to their site and nabbed me one! You can even customize the background photo and button that tracks your pounds lost. I know it's only 2 so far, but fun none-the-less.

I'm joining!!! I would love to lose 20 pounds by Sept. 1, when I turn 30...

Do we weigh in on a certain day?

I love those pounds lost counters I spied on a few posts. So I went to their site and nabbed me one! You can even customize the background photo and button that tracks your pounds lost. I know it's only 2 so far, but fun none-the-less.

I like that idea too! I'm not very technological, but I'm going to "try" to download one of those weightloss counters.

Just thought I would chime in here and let you all know about a free program called Live Fit Revolution. I went through phase 1 (6 weeks) and lost 24 pounds, or about 10% (I am tall and sturdy, but still started about 50 pounds overweight). I took a couple of weeks off (way off) and gained 2 - 3 back, now I am shifting back into phase 1 for 3 weeks, then picking back up at phase 2, as I have almost exactly 30 pounds to go to hit my target.

The nice thing is, that even though it is low carb, it is not as restrictive as other low carb diets, but overall, it is a pretty limited diet. The best part are the workouts, which only require a KettleBell (which you can get at Target or even cheaper on Amazon), and it is a very good whole body workout.

You can check it out here: livefitrevolution.org , it is completely free, and there are daily videos for the workouts, and lots of tips. The owners / hosts are wonderful, and communicate with you directly via email ond on their forums.

Sorry if this sounds like I am trying to push something, but me, my DW, and 2 of my friends all did it at the same time, and we all had similar results, so I am a big fan of it.

Still doing well on the Eat to Live program, but I am going to stop weighing myself everyday, it can be depressing, so I will just weigh in on Wednesdays. Glad to see so many people joining in, next week I plan to start exercising more, hopefully it will start to cool off, tomorrow and Saturday are predicted to be near or over 100 degrees here in South Jersey:crazy2:

Hi everyone! so glad I have encourage so many to jump on this train! Its been 11 days since starting the Atkins diet and I have lost 8 pounds. I am drinking at least a liter and a half of water everyday to flush the fat. I only plan on doing the induction phase of atkins to jump start my weight loss and plan to move into Jorge Cruise's belly fat cure fast track program for 14 days. his plan is kind of like atkins but good carbs or "super"carbs are allowed. He says a person can lose up to 3 pounds of body fat along with up to 10 pounds of "false"fat. I bought his book the other day and it looks every doable. so I will be checking in when I start the next phase.
I am doing Jillian's 30 day shred and it is tough!!even with all the cardio I do with zumba etc, I find myself out of breath and sweating! I wear a polar heart/calorie monitor and though I dont burn a ton of calories, it is something to start the day with. I burn less than 350 with it and with zumba I usually burn 600-800. so I will continue to push forward.
Thank you everyone for joining in and creating a great motivation for all of us.
oh and I am going to add one of those pounds lost tickers! FUN!
Good luck disers!

There goes my idea of weighing in only on Wednesdays, I had to step on the scale today and see the results. So far down 13 pounds !! Still doing well with the Eat to Live program. Making more of the recipes from the book. Last night was Lentil Stew, which consisted of lentils, onion, celery, tomatoes and basil. It was pretty good, It called for six cups of water, but I substituted two of those with organic vegetable broth, which I think gave it more flavor. I am still rocking the smoothie every morning, spinach, blueberries and another fruit. They are surprisingly filling. Now I just need to work some exercise into my daily routine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter