30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

So excited to see so many people joining in. Sounds like we are all on the road to becoming healthier. Technically I said I wasn't going to weigh myself except on Wednesdays, but I can't help myself, I weighed myself and I am down 15 pounds. Now all together I want to lose 100 pounds which sounds so unattainable, so I am breaking it down into 30 pound increments. We are going to Orange Beach Alabama in mid-August and I want to be down at least 20-25 pounds by then so I only need to lose 10 more pounds to meet that goal. I continue with the vegetarian diet, which surprisingly I am not that hungry. I have been adding in a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it when I feel really hungry. Although I have to admit I am looking forward to going to Alabama to get my fried green tomatoes, they are not good anywhere but in the south !!!

I did my weigh in this morning and I am down an additional 2 lbs for a total of 8.5 lost in four weeks. I wanted to be at 10 by now, but considering the vacation week I will take it! At this rate with only 9 weeks to go I might not hit 30 lbs lost before our trip, but I'm still going to try!

So excited to see so many people joining in. Sounds like we are all on the road to becoming healthier. Technically I said I wasn't going to weigh myself except on Wednesdays, but I can't help myself, I weighed myself and I am down 15 pounds. Now all together I want to lose 100 pounds which sounds so unattainable, so I am breaking it down into 30 pound increments. We are going to Orange Beach Alabama in mid-August and I want to be down at least 20-25 pounds by then so I only need to lose 10 more pounds to meet that goal. I continue with the vegetarian diet, which surprisingly I am not that hungry. I have been adding in a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it when I feel really hungry. Although I have to admit I am looking forward to going to Alabama to get my fried green tomatoes, they are not good anywhere but in the south !!!

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job!

I am a late-comer so I will have my first weigh-in next week. Your numbers are motivating me to stay on track.

I have full access to green tomatoes and I make some great ones but I have avoided it. Love southern fried food.

Scales have the opposite effect for me. I see weight gain so I restrict calories even further. I see weight loss and I feel I must be doing something right so I restrict calories even further. It's a vicious cycle. I try to only weigh myself once or twice a month so I don't fall into the trap.

Restrict isn't a word I use probably.....ever.

Scales have the opposite effect for me. I see weight gain so I restrict calories even further. I see weight loss and I feel I must be doing something right so I restrict calories even further. It's a vicious cycle. I try to only weigh myself once or twice a month so I don't fall into the trap.

This is me, too!! I decided that this time around I'd have an "official" weigh in every 2 weeks and record that number. I hoped that would keep me from jumping on the scales every day. It has helped, but I still peek almost daily. I just don't worry too much if the scales go up any because I remind myself that every other Tuesday is the "true" weight :rotfl:

So today was week 6. I'm down 2lbs in 2 weeks. I was hoping for 2lbs every week but this is okay too. So far, down 10.6 lbs in 6 weeks. Still on pace to have lost 35lbs by Dec!

And! Today I fit into a pair of dress pants that I probably haven't worn since before Christmas. :cool1:

Went to Applebees for lunch today, I ordered a small house salad with grilled shrimp. I forgot to tell them no cheese, croutons or bacon on it, but thankfully there wasn't much cheese or bacon and I took the croutons out. Had champagne vinagrette on the side and I did not eat all of it. So I think I should be alright without any weight gain. We shall see, I weigh in tomorrow officially.

KY*Figment said:
Restrict isn't a word I use probably.....ever.

Restrict probably wasn't the best word.

When I don't stare at the scale, I'll eat what I want, but keep my portions in check, as opposed to deliberately eating foods that are low calorie.

Stopped by to keep myself from having an indulgent late afternoon snack of popcorn with a little butter. Had a substantial lunch so not necessary. Think I'm under control now. Whewww....close one :-)

Alright, I measured and weighed myself today. I have lost 28inches in the last 13 weeks and almost 25lbs. I'm 19lbs away from goal for Oct. and 29lbs away from end goal. I did make a huge blunder today though. I have only been eating 30-50grams of carbs a day and have felt so good! Well today, I made the mistake of eating a bunch of tater tots and a some breaded chicken strips(o.k..several big pieces)..and I am....MISERABLE! I feel like my stomach is full of rocks, yuck! I guess I'll have to remember how gross I feel, the next time I start to over do it!:crazy2::worried::(

Stopped by to keep myself from having an indulgent late afternoon snack of popcorn with a little butter. Had a substantial lunch so not necessary. Think I'm under control now. Whewww....close one :-)

That is so great!!!! I wish I had followed your lead and stopped by this thread before over indulging myself.

wow its great to hear everyones successes and near misses:rotfl: after 14 days on atkins, I am down 9 pounds. I wanted 10 but I will take the nine. I have moved on to Jorge cruise's belly fat cure fast track for another 14 days. Dieting is hard. It is a struggle for me every day. I want ice cream and cake!:lmao: but then I remember my goal and have a palmful of walnuts instead. I like to hear what everyone is doing to kick the cravings and what other tips we can share.
today I did my body core class 45 minutes. Tomorrow is Zumba. I have a new scale from weight watchers that breaks down your body composition body fat, body water, bone mass and weight. Its pretty cool. my body fat in pounds registers at 40!!! Holy cow! when you look at the numbers it can be depressing but also motivating. So to my group DON'T GIVE UP! KEEP PUSHING FORWARD! Through the struggles, through the temptations, through the cravings, we are right there with you. We feel the same sadness when we cave, the same happiness when we all succeed. YOU are NOT alone. Don't give up! We got this! ((Hug))

Just back from a long weekend in London, now time to get some serious dieting and exercise started :cool1: less than 4 four months till we head to Florida :)

Well done, i really need to work on my will power :rotfl: I think exercise will be key to me succeeding :)

Well after two weeks I am officially down 16 pounds !!! Trying really hard to stick to the program, this week has been harder than the first week as far as cravings for sugar go, so to quench the craving I have been snacking on clementines (small sweet orange type fruit) that has helped. Around 9pm is when it hits me the worst.

Well after two weeks I am officially down 16 pounds !!! Trying really hard to stick to the program, this week has been harder than the first week as far as cravings for sugar go, so to quench the craving I have been snacking on clementines (small sweet orange type fruit) that has helped. Around 9pm is when it hits me the worst.

I know about the sugar! I am doing the low carb, and to get my sweet fix, I have been putting reddi whipcream on strawberries. Of course, there is always the temptation to turn the can upside down and just squirt the whipcream in!:rotfl2: By the way, great job on your weightloss!

disneymomof1 said:

That is incredible!! Congratulations on the weight loss!

Hi all! I am excited to see this thread as I just finalized our reservations for November! It will be our 15th wedding anniversary, and we always dreamed of taking our kids to Disney for our 10th. Babies did not arrive exactly as we planned and we adopted our kids in 2004 and 2006, so we did not make the 10th anniversary trip as originally planned! Now that the kids are a little older it's time to make that wish come true :)

DH and I have lost and gained weight several times over the years, and I'm ready to be done with the GAIN. I started doing "Couch to 5k" a month ago, and after 1 week broke my foot due to a clumsy accident. Ugh! In 5 more weeks I can start back on the plan again but need to get my calories under control as well. Hoping to lose 20-30 lbs at least by this fall.

So after several days of creeping and trying catch up, I am finally joining in. We aren't making a trip to the world this year, but we are next December and dh and I have our 5 year wedding anniversary next June. Overall I want to lose 80 pounds and so far I have lost 20. I would like to be at my goal by christmas but would be totally satisfied with next spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter