• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

Does anyone have a profile on the Myfitnesspal website??

I created a profile and am tracking my calories, exercise and weight on that website.

I was a WW member, but have given up my membership .... finally..... I was on the auto-pay plan for like a year and not using WW at all. :confused3

You can friend me if you like. I'm krsloane.

I'm still going at it. I've lost 6 pounds total in the last 2 weeks so I'm pretty pleased. I know after this initial loss it will start coming slower and slower, but my first goal is to just be the weight I was this time last year when school starts at the end of the month (which would mean losing about 10 pounds total), and then I'll set another small goal. I find I need the success of reaching those small goals to get to the big goal!

Doing OK here. I've lost 5 pounds since I started posting here on Monday. But 15 pounds total since I started trying to lose. I have a long way to go but I'm excited to have a good start.

The thing I am struggling most with is soda. I'm addicted! Bad! I can't drink diet because it gives me really horrible headaches.

I know what you mean about soft drinks!!! I also get bad headaches from diet drinks. It took me about a week of not drinking the pop to get over my addiction to them. Lol! It's been over 4 months since I have had one and occasionally I will have a diet drink just so I can get a taste! That sounds so bad, I know! :0) great job on your weightloss! That is wonderful!

My mission in life, besides losing weight, is to make sure our thread stays on page one :-). I cautiously announce that I've lost 8 lbs. I'm known to yo-yo at the drop of a fat gram so hoping I can keep it off. Good luck to all !

My mission in life, besides losing weight, is to make sure our thread stays on page one :-). I cautiously announce that I've lost 8 lbs. I'm known to yo-yo at the drop of a fat gram so hoping I can keep it off. Good luck to all !

I'm down 7 pounds since joining in! Woohoo!

Doing OK here. I've lost 5 pounds since I started posting here on Monday. But 15 pounds total since I started trying to lose. I have a long way to go but I'm excited to have a good start.

The thing I am struggling most with is soda. I'm addicted! Bad! I can't drink diet because it gives me really horrible headaches.

That's a tough one. I phased soda out 2 years ago, and I'm so glad. It was tough, and I had to just slowly reduce them one a time, but I can now say it's been 2 years since mid-July! :cool1: It's worth it if you ever make the transition.

I'm getting nowhere the last two weeks. I think it's been too many little slips here and there. Back on target today with the eating and exercise. I had hoped to be past 15 lbs by now, and instead I'm stuck at 10. :rolleyes2

WOOHOO another 2 lbs. down :cool1:
I think i may go off my diet this evening cause i really want pizza:)

Good Luck to everyone out there!!!

I lost 17 lbs. in the last 8 weeks. 3 more to go!

I did it with nutri system. To me it's a wonder diet. I'm never hungry!

I really only needed to lose 15 but wanted to give myself a 5 lb. leeway so I could eat like crazy when we go to Disney. We leave in 10 days and we'll be there for two weeks!

I'm dreaming of eating Mickey bars!

We're back - I ended up losing 19 lbs before we left and even after eating like crazy at Disney I only gained 2 1/2 lbs! I think all the Disney walking helped. I lost 1/2 lbs. since we've been back - 3 more to go!!!

Way to go, DisneyMomx7! I hope I can say the same after my trip lol

Weighed in today. I'm only down 1lb this week. That seems to be my pace *sigh*. But I did well this past week exercising and I've ordered P90x to start when we finish P90. Should be starting at the end of August and will finish up P90x by December. I'm 21lbs from my Dec goal.

Disappointed to say I gained back a lb. I can't believe what big losers so many of you are, and I mean that as a compliment! People posting loses of 15-20 lbs. in the length of time it took me to lose 7. I must be doing something wrong. Ah well, patience my dear. I want to lose 11 more lbs. at least. Wonder how long that will take?

Disappointed to say I gained back a lb. I can't believe what big losers so many of you are, and I mean that as a compliment! People posting loses of 15-20 lbs. in the length of time it took me to lose 7. I must be doing something wrong. Ah well, patience my dear. I want to lose 11 more lbs. at least. Wonder how long that will take?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. If you are less than 20 lbs from an ideal weight then youre not going to lose as fast as someone who has significantly more to lose. Keep with it and you'll get there (at least that's what I'm trying to remember myself!)

I had posted that I hadn't lost anything in two weeks. Yesterday was my weigh in. This morning I got on the scale again and was down two pounds! I seem to weigh the least on Tuesday's or wednesdays, which is odd since dh doesnt work a traditional work week and I'm a sahm right now, so it's not like we do big weekend stuff. But either way as long as the weight comes off I don't care what day of the week the scale notices :rotfl2:

So after 8 weeks I'm down 13 lbs. I really had hoped to be well over 15 by now, and I don't think I'll hit the 25 to 30 lbs lost before our trip (in 4 1/2 weeks) but if I keep going I can hit 20 which would be great!

Joining in! I started Turbo Fire and Shakeology on the 3rd, my 30th bday! We are going to DW on 11\30 so Im trying to lose as much as possible before then!

Joining in! I started Turbo Fire and Shakeology on the 3rd, my 30th bday! We are going to DW on 11\30 so Im trying to lose as much as possible before then!

Please share your thoughts on how shakeology works! My BF is thinking about trying it out when we start up p90x. I'm skeptical though (or maybe I don't want to give up a solid meal?)

checking in and getting caught up on the thread! you all are doing great! I am at 152.5, finally lost 1.5 pounds this week! I was stuck at 154 for a couple of weeks but kept going. it is motivating to see everyone's successes so keep doing what you are doing and we will prevail!

I started the 90 day challenge with Visalus and its going really good. the shakes are tasty!

If anyone uses myfitnesspal, look for me lmorse99. It really is a great tool to see what you are eating and keeping track of the calories. it really puts things in perspective.

Please share your thoughts on how shakeology works! My BF is thinking about trying it out when we start up p90x. I'm skeptical though (or maybe I don't want to give up a solid meal?)

I was at first too but my cousin is a Beachbody coach and has been on shakeology for awhile now and she loved it so I thought Id try it. I have been using it for about 6 days now. It took me a few days to find my right "recipe" but now I love it. Im doing the chocolate one right now. I love the taste. I use it with light chocolate almond milk, pb, and a scoop of shakeology and lots of blended ice! Its filling and only like 300 or so calories depending on what you put in it. And it makes a huge cup full!

I usually drink mine for lunch. That way I can have something substantial for brkfst like eggs, or egg mcmuffin (homemade not mikyd's) and then replace my lunch with the shake because in my mind I would normally eat more calories at lunch then brkfst.

I can answer any other questions if you'd like!
:)

checking in and getting caught up on the thread! you all are doing great! I am at 152.5, finally lost 1.5 pounds this week! I was stuck at 154 for a couple of weeks but kept going. it is motivating to see everyone's successes so keep doing what you are doing and we will prevail!

I started the 90 day challenge with Visalus and its going really good. the shakes are tasty!

If anyone uses myfitnesspal, look for me lmorse99. It really is a great tool to see what you are eating and keeping track of the calories. it really puts things in perspective.

Yea. So proud of you for sticking to it until you lost that weight. Maybe now the next few pounds will come off easier.

I love the Visalus shakes. I was reading about pb2 today and think I may order some in the next week or so for my peanut butter shakes (I love the chocolate peanut butter ones). If I do, I'll let you know what I think.

I second that if anyone is on myfitnesspal, look us up. It is so nice to encourage each other on there throughout the day. I'm krsloane. And if you aren't on it and not keeping up with your calories, exercise, and water at all, I encourage you to check it out.

I'm finally down to my weight I was when I first started myfitness pal last fall (actually a pound lighter - woohoo) so my ticker will now start showing that loss! So excited.

I started the Body by Vi Visalus shakes on July 17 and weighed in at 192.?. When I weighed in yesterday, I was 183.9. 9 pounds lost in 4 weeks. I like the pace, and hope it continues for a while. If I can keep even close to this pace, I will hit 30 pounds before our trip in October. But I'm taking it 10 pounds at a time so I just want that last 1 pound off for now, and then I'll start working on the next 10.

Down 3 lbs this week! I have a mini goal that I want to make for next weigh-in. Hoping to lose 2 more by next week.

I went swimming yesterday and to a Zumba class last night in which my body is paying for it today, haha. This has been my first time working out in about a week. I am down 1.5lbs and down another 1.5inch on my measurements. I can't believe that I have actually lost 32.5 inches off my body! I am getting close to my goal inches of about 7 more inches overall(hips, waist, chest). Now if I can just get that last 25lbs off! :0) I have also enjoyed catching up on everyone's posts over the last week! It continues to help me push harder! We can do it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter