30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by luvmikids, Jun 28, 2012.

1. DisneyGirl4188

DisneyGirl4188 <font color=purple>Mike's Princess<br><font color=

I had a not-so-good weekend. We ate a few things we shouldn't have on Friday and Saturday (plus I didn't exercise yesterday). I did bike five miles this morning and haven't eaten anything too bad today so I'm hoping that I am back on track and don't gain anything.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyFamily123

DisneyFamily123 Use the Force, Luke!

The weekends are always difficult because that's when family gets together. Everyone else is chomping down cake and ice cream and I'm having mouse size portions...... Still, I keep reminding myself of my top reasons for losing weight and getting healthy. I'm eating some delicious grilled chicken (fresh from the farm) and a healthy salad! I need one of those tickers...

4. Gator Kate

Gator Kate <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

It's super easy to get one on myfitnesspal.com then add it to your signature.

5. ksloane

ksloane DIS Veteran

Woohoo! That is great news!

Zumba - that's awesome. I'm sticking to Walking and Wii Fit for now.

Absolutely and speaking of that, I need to update my weight. Kind of sad because I signed up for this a long time ago and had gained a lot of weight since then so any weight I'm losing right now is not impacting my ticker. It's ok though. I'm happy to see it down (Thursday I was down 2.4 pounds from my last weigh-in!)

6. alice99

alice99 DIS Veteran

That happened to me too! I gained 3 lbs. right after I made my ticker .... but, now we are on the right track!

Keep up the good work everyone!

7. alice99

alice99 DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a profile on the Myfitnesspal website??

I created a profile and am tracking my calories, exercise and weight on that website.

I was a WW member, but have given up my membership .... finally..... I was on the auto-pay plan for like a year and not using WW at all. :confused3

8. ilovepete

ilovepete DIS Veteran

Can I jump in? Except my goal is 30 by the end of November. So maybe 20 by October?

9. disprincessatheart

disprincessatheart I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

Today is my weigh in day. The scale didn't budge but I think it has more to do with last nights dinner at red robin than anything else. (i had the points for it, but still) I'm hoping by tomorrow morning I will be down a little bit since today has been good. The nice thing with ww is there aren't any forbidden foods, so I can have a small amount of even the junk if I want to spend the points, but Sunday splurges (to use up some leftover points before they expire Monday morning) make for bad Monday weigh-ins!

10. molitva

molitva Mouseketeer

And I'm back. My parents visited me last week and just left yesterday. After 5 days of no exercise and pretty bad eating (indulgent), I dreaded the scales but surprisingly, my weight didn't budge (up or down). I'm really pleased with that and I hope if I really push myself this week on the exercise that I'll see more than a 1lb/wk loss.

I'm also so exhausted from playing host all week that I'm already trying to find a way out of exercising tonight and starting my 6 day circuit tomorrow :rolleyes:

11. Twoboysnmygirl

Twoboysnmygirl DIS Veteran

I'm still here! Down 6 pounds and really enjoying tracking and using myfitnesspal! Keep it up everyone! :)

12. Suzy8383

Suzy8383 Earning My Ears

Good luck! I had a goal of 25 lbs by my cruise (I think I had about 4 months or so) and lost all but 5 of that. I would now like to tone up before we go to Disney. My goal would be go wear a swimsuit and not feel "flabby". I don't really have any lbs to lose since I lost them for the last vacay...but I've been doing this exercise plan for a few months trying to fix my stomach.

I'd like to follow this post. We leave the weekend after Thanksgiving!

13. luvmikids

luvmikids DIS Veteran

welcome to all the newbies:thumbsup2 We all have goals and the one being the most important is..... losing weight for disney! LOL no just kidding, but getting healthy and changing our lifestyles. I wish all of you the best of luck and will continue to follow up! I am still at 153 no gain, no loss in over 2 weeks but I keep on going. still working out trying to eat right (and it is tough) hopefully I am losing inches....

14. luvmikids

luvmikids DIS Veteran

Yes I am on my fitness pal, look for me lmorse99

15. Gator Kate

I've had a bad few days, mostly craving carbs. Started with a friend's birthday lunch on Monday and never stopped. Gained a lb. back. Hope to get on track tomorrow.

16. alclark1111

alclark1111 Earning My Ears

Good luck everyone! Needing to lose at least 20 myself, but having a problem with willpower. Must-get-motivated!

17. Mom2JPL

Mom2JPL Love me some Disney!!!

Well, down 2.8 lbs in two weeks and 7.75 inches lost. Was hoping for more when I weighed in this morning because I've been working out like a maniac and switched my calorie intake from 1600 down to 1500. Guess I need to go back over my food diary and shake things up a bit!! Hoping for a better loss next week. Good luck everyone and keep up the great work!!

18. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

It's been a month since I started and I'm down 5 lbs. I only have 2 months left so starting Monday I'm going to begin a 7 day cleanse. I'm hoping this will jumpstart it and lose at least 10 lbs.

The good news is that I can run 7 minutes straight (which I've never been able to do... even in highschool when I weighed 110!) lol...

19. blancah76

blancah76 Mouseketeer

So I've been on weight watchers a month now and have lost a total of 14 lbs. :cool1:
    Most of it I lost the first week, water weight and all, and then about 2 lbs. weekly thereafter.
    I'm feeling great but have a long way to go still.....

Congrats to everyone on the forum for trying to stay healthy!!!
    Hopefully we'll all look amazing standing next to Mickey soon :goodvibes

20. Gator Kate

That's impressive!

21. scdufek

scdufek Mouseketeer

I haven't been on here for several days due to the kids starting back to school a few days ago, but it looks like there have been some really good posts! Everyones posts are continuing to encourage me to stick with it and work harder! I hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend! Thanks!!!