30 Day Shred Results? Anyone?

I started Ripped in 30 yesterday...today I am SO sore. I look like a little old lady hobbling around. I did fine during the workout, but clearly I haven't used these muscles (thighs, back, and abs are killing me) in years. I've been running for almost 2 years, and started this to improve my core strength (and maybe get rid of that muffin top:)).

Here's my question... do I try working out again now, or wait until the soreness subsides? Am I more likely to pull a muscle when they are sore? Or, better to keep using them? Sitting at a desk at work all day did NOT help.

I've read that if you're sore you should exercise, but if you're in pain then you shouldn't. I've done mine for 3 days in a row, and I've been sore but not too bad. I guess if it's bearable, I say go for it.

4 days down. Feeling a lot less sore. Today was suppose to be a rest day but I'll probably go at it again with some walking on the treadmill, it's pouring outside. I seemed to have more trouble with the strength yesterday but the cardio was much better. My abs are a little sore today. I actually am the opposite and do my workouts in the evening an hour or 2 before bed.

I also find that I do best when I do the workout first thing in the morning! I definitely need the break from Jillian for my knees. I have still been doing the elliptical twice a day. I finally saw a small drop in weight this morning. Not sure if I'll get in another workout today due to DD7 being sick.

Gotta go pick up DD11!

I've read that if you're sore you should exercise, but if you're in pain then you shouldn't. I've done mine for 3 days in a row, and I've been sore but not too bad. I guess if it's bearable, I say go for it..

Thanks! That's helpful. I'm not in pain... just stiff and sore. Might not get a workout in tonight at this point... but I'll try in the morning.

Thanks! That's helpful. I'm not in pain... just stiff and sore. Might not get a workout in tonight at this point... but I'll try in the morning.

Yep! If you don't feel like doing it I wouldn't. I've also read some people said you should take a day break instead of doing it 30 days in a row, so I guess there is a whole lot of different views on it. It's just in my experience that I'm good to go unless it hurts to sit down, bend over, pick anything up, etc. Then I think it's time I probably take a day off. :rotfl:

Anyone else's hands kind of get sore or cramped? I did my workout yesterday and when I woke up my hands hurt from holding onto the weights I guess. The pain went away, I've had it happen before, but I just was wondering if that happened to anyone else?

Yep! If you don't feel like doing it I wouldn't. I've also read some people said you should take a day break instead of doing it 30 days in a row, so I guess there is a whole lot of different views on it. It's just in my experience that I'm good to go unless it hurts to sit down, bend over, pick anything up, etc. Then I think it's time I probably take a day off. :rotfl:

I believe on the DVD, it suggests that you workout 5 days a week. You should give yourself at least 1 or 2 days a week to relax and recuperate. Even when I was a competitive swimmer in college and practicing 24+ hours a week, we still almost always took a day off to recover.

I'm doing it 5 days in a row and taking the weekends off. So far, I'm on day 2 of getting up before work and doing it. I wonder how long that will last? lol

I believe on the DVD, it suggests that you workout 5 days a week. You should give yourself at least 1 or 2 days a week to relax and recuperate. Even when I was a competitive swimmer in college and practicing 24+ hours a week, we still almost always took a day off to recover.

:thumbsup2 I always take a rest day at least once a week, more if I'm feeling really sore.

I guess that may seem opposite of what my other post said, but if I'm doing it all week I keep going until my rest day, unless I get extremely sore.

:thumbsup2 I always take a rest day at least once a week, more if I'm feeling really sore.

I guess that may seem opposite of what my other post said, but if I'm doing it all week I keep going until my rest day, unless I get extremely sore.

I tend to do the same thing. Workout until I'mm too sore to workout and take a day or two off each week. On my days off I workout long and hard because I have the time to recuperate and relax in between training.

When I did this for 2.5 weeks straight last month, I was doing it every day. I ended up stopping because I had pain in my upper back, which I think was due to moving up in weights too quickly.

I had planned to start again this week, but after 2 days, I slept in again. So... I think I'm going to Ashley's motivator and making myself a sticker chart - ha! (if it works for potty training, it'll work for losing a muffin top too, right?)

I'm going to start it either this weekend or on Monday. I will use 3 lb weights for the first 5 days of each level, and then move to 5 lb weights. I have 8 lb weights that I will use for selected moves, like chest flys and shoulder presses, the ones I KNOW I can handle it on. Other moves, like rowing moves, I will continue with my 3 lb and 5 lb weights.

Did you all know that Gwenyth Paltrow never works out with weights heavier than 3 lbs? She was talking about it in an interview and how women should never lift anything heavier than 3 lbs. Hello, I had one muscly arm just from holding my kiddo when she was a baby!

As for diet - Since we've gotten back, DH and I have been eating much smaller portions, half sandwiches for lunch, with fresh veggies, like sugar snap peas, celery, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. Our grocery bill has gone up significantly, because even though I'm buying less, I'm buying more of the expensive stuff, like fresh produce, higher quality meats, fish, etc. Why is it so darn expensive to be healthy, when I can just go down to McD's and grab a cheeseburger (that's super UNhealthy) for 79¢ ?!? It's frustrating!

Anyway... I'll keep you all updated as I progress. Ya'll are holding me accountable, right?!?!

Has anyone tried Jillians 30 shread meal/diet plan ??? Just wondering?

Taking a night off tonight but both DH and I are starting to see a difference. Upper arms are getting stronger. I can do the push ups now...not the best form but at least I'm doing them.

Has anyone tried Jillians 30 shread meal/diet plan ??? Just wondering?

Taking a night off tonight but both DH and I are starting to see a difference. Upper arms are getting stronger. I can do the push ups now...not the best form but at least I'm doing them.
Where's the info for this diet plan? I was looking for it online but didn't come up with anything. Is there info on the DVD? Because there was nothing in my DVD case but the actual disc. (got my copy for $10 at Walmart).

I'm getting back into it on Mon, and if there's a diet to follow that will maximize results and is relatively easy/convenient to follow, then I will. Otherwise, I just cut back portions to between 1500 and 2000 calories. Some days, I'm only at 1200 because I'm snacking better (veggies, dipped in hummus instead of ranch dressing, or fruit, a lot of times just plain old celery or sugar snap peas), or I'm too busy at work to eat. Or too stressed out.

Awesome that you're seeing results... how many days in are you? Did you notice the scale going up before you saw results? That's what I noticed, and am anticipating again.

Where's the info for this diet plan? I was looking for it online but didn't come up with anything. Is there info on the DVD? Because there was nothing in my DVD case but the actual disc. (got my copy for $10 at Walmart).

I'm getting back into it on Mon, and if there's a diet to follow that will maximize results and is relatively easy/convenient to follow, then I will. Otherwise, I just cut back portions to between 1500 and 2000 calories. Some days, I'm only at 1200 because I'm snacking better (veggies, dipped in hummus instead of ranch dressing, or fruit, a lot of times just plain old celery or sugar snap peas), or I'm too busy at work to eat. Or too stressed out.

Awesome that you're seeing results... how many days in are you? Did you notice the scale going up before you saw results? That's what I noticed, and am anticipating again.

I'm on day 12 and we have taken 2 days off. My scale is not going down but honestly I'm not eating really what I should be eating.....darn Easter candy ---I really can't have it around the house.
On Jillian's shred site I found the PDF about what to eat but no details or anything except each meal should be around 400 calories.

The link is: (hope it works) http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

Found a great diet/food tracking App for iphone called Lose It. Very easy to use and keeps track of food and even has a bar code to scan your food items in. I'm really going to start using this to keep track of calories etc.

Hey All!

Just a quick check-in before heading out... (I tried to head out today, but no room for a standby traveler)

I stopped doing JM a couple weeks ago, and I think that the 30 DS ignited a great burn for me. I am down 10 pounds from where I was when I began around Jan. 20th! I stopped doing it, though, and that's when the scale started changing. I still have most of the definition that I got from the DVD, so hopefully that will provide some incentive for those who are seeing the scale go up. It went up while I was doing the DVD, then once I stopped the numbers went down and the clothes fit even better!

Keep at it, everybody, and I can't wait to hear of your results before Easter!:wizard:

I'm off to the World to wear my new swimsuit and some tank tops! (I hope!):cheer2:

Hey All!

Just a quick check-in before heading out... (I tried to head out today, but no room for a standby traveler)

I stopped doing JM a couple weeks ago, and I think that the 30 DS ignited a great burn for me. I am down 10 pounds from where I was when I began around Jan. 20th! I stopped doing it, though, and that's when the scale started changing. I still have most of the definition that I got from the DVD, so hopefully that will provide some incentive for those who are seeing the scale go up. It went up while I was doing the DVD, then once I stopped the numbers went down and the clothes fit even better!

Keep at it, everybody, and I can't wait to hear of your results before Easter!:wizard:

I'm off to the World to wear my new swimsuit and some tank tops! (I hope!):cheer2:

It's great to hear about your results. Have fun and :cool1: to your new swimsuit and tank tops !!!!:thumbsup2

Hey All!

Ashley - Happy belated birthday!!! How's it feel to be 30??? I didn't really feel any different when I turned 30, but was sad-ish when I filled out a survey and had to change into the 30's crowd. I, too, stopped JMing a couple weeks ago, but will be starting back up tomorrow. I'm adopting your sticker chart method for myself! :-)

Have a great vacation and ride Thunder Mountain for me - it was down when we were there!!! :-)

Vicki - keep up the great work!

I'm planning on starting back tomorrow, and I've gotten talked into doing a half marathon in early May. Guess I should start running again... we're going to run/walk the half, but I haven't run sinch Thanksgiving. We'll see how this plan goes... But I figure if I do my Jillian Michaels and stick to it, even moderately, I should be toned enough by the mini (half marathon) to shed my shirt and not be completely embarassed about it. :-) THAT will be my inspiration for this go-round. It may sound shallow, but motivation is motivation, right?

How's everyone doing!?

I just finished day 7 1/2. 1/2 because I missed 2 days of exercise and tried to do it one night and about collapsed. It felt like I was on day 1 again, so I turned it off! :lmao:

Finished the whole thing on Tuesday, it was still pretty hard. But then I did day 7 tonight and I felt great! I could really tell a difference now from when I first started the DVD. I'm still doing running on my other days so I'm not as far ahead, but I can definitely tell my arms are getting stronger. I can actually do the push-ups at a decent pace...even though I still have to do the girlie ones!

Might go again tomorrow and will hopefully be able to start Level 2 in early April. I can't believe I have only been doing it for 2 1/2 weeks. It feels like forever!

I think it's been 2 1/2 weeks....it seems like YEARS. Still waiting for my 20lb shred. :rolleyes1

Really getting stronger with upper arm and jeans are fitting a little looser. Still on level 1 and I'm starting to get board with it especially since I'm not seeing results fast enough. Getting ready to do another working tonight.

Keep it up everyone !!!! Rome wasn't built in a day.

Alright, Friends, I'm baaaack!:woohoo:

Vacation was great! We didn't do much of anything, but I ran about 5.5 miles twice (SSR + THV+ OKW route) and used the elliptical three times. What killed me was doing MK and EPCOT back-to-back days at the end of our trip. My calves are killing me!!:confused3: Aside from those things, I slept, laid out by the pool, ate, and drank. Sadly the last two kind of sabotaged my efforts, and I found a few wayward pounds to carry around with me. I think they'll go away as I get back to normal, but I wouldn't mind forcing them to leave, either, so here I am!!

Vicki - You are so close! I don't believe that 20 pounds actually melt off of many people during the Shred or Ripped in 30. I think that's the case for some people who have been away from exercise or for people who are willing to follow her diet plan, too. I'm sure it's effective, but I just don't see myself following her menu.

Snow White - I love your drive! I do things like two-a-days when I'm very motivated to keep to the plan, too. I read somewhere, though, that sometimes it's counterproductive and may lead to injury, so be careful! Thanks for inspiring me to start keeping track of my workouts and hold myself accountable.

Jhenn - I'm feeling compelled to do a half marathon in June. I want to find a 10k to do at the end of April or early in May, but I think I'm just going to organize my own of sorts. I share the goal of running in just a sports bra! That would be a decade-old dream come true! In high school I always wished that I wasn't a chicken to try it, and now I wish that I was in shape enough to give it a whirl! I wore a bikini for the past week, but I'm not ready to be moving and showing my abs yet. I'm better off stationary until they don't jiggle at all!

So it's back to work tomorrow for three days before my school's actual spring break. This week will be a good week to get started, because I only work one job each day! :cheer2: Off to make a sticker chart...

Do any of you use MyFitnessPal? If I have to log everything I eat, that is my site of choice... I will not say I like it, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter