3 weeks out and I don't want to go now.

I have this situation with my father. He is a retired cop and every time I run into one (not literally :)) they tell me how wonderful he always was to them. I finally got so sick of hearing it that one time I told someone he must have been a different person at work than he was at home.

I have said this same thing, too! Guess one day I had enough and I told her friend that, and she looked at me puzzled. I realized then that it was something they couldn't comprehend, lol. Oh well. :cool2:

Sounds like you enjoyed your "lemonade"! I was so glad to hear it! :cool1:

Nothing in this life is easy and happiness should never be taken for granted - you've just got more of a daily reminder than some other folks. ;)

Best of luck with your solo (sans mom) cruise planning! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Yes, the kids and I are excited, but I do hear my mother chiming about wanting to come...I have made sure to let her know that this is not for her...just the kids and I, but maybe in 2015 with her friend we can all go. She seems to be in agreement.;)

How did the four year old do in the kids club not being completely toilet trained? How did the sleeping arrangements work out was he able to sleep with u

Oh, well my son didn't go to the kids club because he's still not 100% on his own potty-wise, it's about 96%? He doesn't soil himself, and he can pull pants up and down (sometimes backwards) and he can wipe and can flush...it's just that he cannot fully clean #2's and he has a habit of pulling ALL the toilet paper on to the floor and then wanting to put it into the toilet. That's what we are working on. He did well and loved our daily walks around deck 10 & 4. He got to meet characters that were walking around as well, and he got tired out early and slept early. DD also didn't go to tween club, even though I encouraged her. She said she didn't wanna miss something we were doing (which was not that much, lol) I guess they like being around their old momma (me) lol.

Mother took the pull-out couch and my DD took the bunk, and DS and I took the bed. Except that she would keep laying in it whenever I was ready to sleep, and didn't wanna move or share the remote. At times, my DD came and slept with DS and I since we would watch a late movie and just turn the self timer on the TV. :idea:

I think we are splitting hairs. If OP didn't want mom to go, she should have told her. Here's a thought: how about saying the room she booked for her and the kids didn't have room for another person. :confused3 Problem solved!

Mike

Wow...mike, you are right up there with a root canal. You've Managed to insert yourself and contradict most of what's being said by OP and others.

You seem to think you have an answer for everything, you must be miserable to travel with.

I have said this same thing, too! Guess one day I had enough and I told her friend that, and she looked at me puzzled. I realized then that it was something they couldn't comprehend, lol. Oh well. :cool2:

Thanks! Yes, the kids and I are excited, but I do hear my mother chiming about wanting to come...I have made sure to let her know that this is not for her...just the kids and I, but maybe in 2015 with her friend we can all go. She seems to be in agreement.;)

Oh, well my son didn't go to the kids club because he's still not 100% on his own potty-wise, it's about 96%? He doesn't soil himself, and he can pull pants up and down (sometimes backwards) and he can wipe and can flush...it's just that he cannot fully clean #2's and he has a habit of pulling ALL the toilet paper on to the floor and then wanting to put it into the toilet. That's what we are working on. He did well and loved our daily walks around deck 10 & 4. He got to meet characters that were walking around as well, and he got tired out early and slept early. DD also didn't go to tween club, even though I encouraged her. She said she didn't wanna miss something we were doing (which was not that much, lol) I guess they like being around their old momma (me) lol.

Mother took the pull-out couch and my DD took the bunk, and DS and I took the bed. Except that she would keep laying in it whenever I was ready to sleep, and didn't wanna move or share the remote. At times, my DD came and slept with DS and I since we would watch a late movie and just turn the self timer on the TV. :idea:

I'm so sorry for what you are going thru. I seem to have the identical mother, and if I silently complain, I am told the same crap that MIKE stated. Seems everyone else just adores her...all that really means is she is an expert at deceiving others...lol! I finally just decided she'll never change and I don't have to "like" her highness. My goal is to remain pleasant, speak up if I'm being taken advantage of (or you're sending your children the wrong message) and try to tolerate her during holidays....etc..I honestly believe if you FORCE yourself during her/your lifetime you'll only end up being resentful after they pass.

I'm so sorry for what you are going thru. I seem to have the identical mother, and if I silently complain, I am told the same crap that MIKE stated. Seems everyone else just adores her...all that really means is she is an expert at deceiving others...lol! I finally just decided she'll never change and I don't have to "like" her highness. My goal is to remain pleasant, speak up if I'm being taken advantage of (or you're sending your children the wrong message) and try to tolerate her during holidays....etc..I honestly believe if you FORCE yourself during her/your lifetime you'll only end up being resentful after they pass.

LOL, my mother's twin? :rotfl:

Yeah, that sounds like the same as here...but thankfully I have friends that help me get by and encourage me as well as the majority of the encouragement here. It helps in rebounding faster from her flaming arrows shot at me.:duck: She made a comment today that lets me know now that she does not ever intend on sharing a room with the kids and I again. YAY! :thumbsup2
I love my mother, really..but from afar :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!