3 reports + links to more- 8 days since May + conversations galore

Uh-oh. So this means more of Mary Poppins gettin' down to funky hip hop or something?

You know, my friend who is usually at the DLR hotels with me is always staring at that darn daybed and trying to figure out how to assemble it and she has never been able to solve the riddle...and I never paid attention to it long enough to figure it out. So now I know that if we ever have extra people in the room who need that bed, they have to yank on the back of it and pull forward.

I know what you mean about the view thing. We have paid for a view and had a so so view of DTD at the DLH and the next time paid for a regular room and got a view room that had a spectacular view of the pool. It's odd how it works. How cute E was with the couch bed.

I don't really "get" the character thing, and I *really* don't get the statue of a character thing, but E does!

IMG_0740.jpg

And so we went along to DL again. I was going to use the monorail since our plan was to snag Buzz FPs, but totally forgot. Picked up replacement stroller really quick with our receipt.

And so we entered DL-proper just as this nonsense started again.

IMG_0741.jpg

Yep, the parade *start*! Woo! Let's hear it for all the birthdays out there...the anniversaries...the newly married people....woooooo!

Oh what I wouldn't have given for the refrain of the song from Brother Bear...welcome to our faaaamileee time, welcome to our happy to be time...etc etc. Sigh.

And so we fought the strollers on the other side of the street, which was, possibly, even worse. Somehow people decided there were *three* streams of into-the-park traffic, leaving no room for those leaving. Now I'm not saying that I'm perfect, I've been known to zoom forward, but I look all around as often as possible, and don't think I've ever cut off a stroller, and I KNOW I've apologized if I even come close to impeding someone accidentally.

Finally got up to some breathing room around Plaza Inn, and E wanted to ride Buzz, not get FPs. But the line was long and I didn't want to push our Splash FPs into darkness, and I insisted.

The following is a *clueless person* story, NOT a scooter story... I have a *thing* about going in the entrance and out the exit for FPs. I've gone in the exit for Soarin', probably once, and I felt all funny about it, so I try to avoid it. Others don't have that problem, and if I'd been an "other", I would have just gone in the Buzz FP exit and had our FPs and been gone. However, I wanted to go in the entrance...but there was a woman stopped in front of the entrance, talking to the CM. This would have been fine if she had been standing and if we didn't have a stroller, but she was on her scooter, entirely blocking the entrance, seemingly without any sort of knowledge that she was in the way. She just kept talking with the CM, about something stressful I guess, and a line was forming. The CM was apparently clueless as well, or figured everyone wanted to talk with him, b/c he didn't ask her to move so we could get in. This went on for just too long. Finally she noticed, but didn't move b/c I guess she didn't actually realize why we were waiting. Finally finally she looked to her right, saw that there was a roped off entryway on that side, and that that is what we were probably waiting for. And she finally moved. Whew.

Gosh knows I've had my tunnel vision moments, so I guess this is just a note to all...if there's a random group of people forming near you...you might very well be blocking something that they want to get to.

As I put an AP into the machine, it spat out two FPs...the other AP "only" got one. I mentioned it to the CM who was fixing the next machine over, and he had a "oh great" sort of reaction. A young teen was having problems with his ticket to get a FP, so I handed him the 3rd that we had.

2 FPs in hand, decided "let's go to Small World". But let's not go around Tomorrowland, why would we do that? Naw, let's go through the castle!

Aha, you all say..."parade" stop! Right in front of the castle. This is the exact place we saw part of the "parade" in May...ay ay ay. Same place, too...let's hear it for all the birthdays out there!!!! the anniversary couples...the just married....woooooo!

While waiting, and watching Burt boogie woogie woogie to Hannah Montana music (just so wrong), a family of 4 decided to get over towards Pixie Hollow. They chose the path in front of us that consisted of perhaps 2 inches between the person in front and the front of E's stroller. Now, I'm not sure why they came from *behind* me, came up to my left, then crossed in *front* of me, when they could easily have gone behind me in the feet of space there (I checked as they started in front...no one behind me!). And i'm not sure why their family with older children felt the need to link hands as they stepped over the end of the stroller. And I'm not sure why the mom needed to make a snide comment about strollers while she did this, as I looked behind me to see the crowds that must be there. All I know is that it was done. To the father's credit, he *almost* had an apologetic look as he passed by at the end of the chain...almost, but not quite there.

And of course they weren't going anywhere...within a minute they were back.

We waited it out and at the last moment I realized...the last "parade" stop is in front of Small World. Cancel, change, no no no, I'm NOT dealing with this nonsense for a FOURTH time in ONE day! So we chose the "easy" path of crossing the Walt statue circle...ha ha ha, easy.... Whenever I could, I would verbally tell people they could pass, and they were always amazed...gotta tell ya, I didn't get all that much insta-karma for it, but at least I was happy that I could let some people go.

After dealing with that, I realized that they were already setting up for Fantasmic. As in, people sitting on towels, etc, CMs directing traffic... 2 hours out from it. Wow.

We finally got across, and went to our second time on Splash. Just as good as the first, only he didn't have that *look* at the end, and it was all enjoyment. :)

OK I'm naughty...see what I did?

IMG_0746.jpg

That's my hand on his chest, not some strange growth.

When we got out of Splash...the stroller was gone. Gone gone, not just moved. Sigh.

After Splash, the F! traffic was even worse. Everywhere I tried to go ended up being shunted elsewhere. I was finally sent up the path to Riverbelle Terrace! We wanted to get to Small World, but I had a sudden bad feeling that they would have already closed the area for the fireworks...the CMs wearing F! gear didn't know.

We managed to get onto the BTMRR path, to hurry over there to try to catch Small World, just in case. We were on a mission! And that's when DS decided that yes indeed he would like to ride that coaster! Ah, yes, well...let's do that tomorrow, shall we, son? OK.

As we got into FL, I saw a vendor of the lightsaber E's aunt had gotten him, and asked him if he had any glue, to get the cap end of it back on. He said "tell you what, you give me that one, and here's a new one, we stand by our products". Wow! Yay! I thanked him profusely (aw man I should have gotten his name! drat.) and we continued along.

Small World was....OPEN!!!!! We were very happy. E and I love iasw. :goodvibes

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

I had bought dollar store glow bracelets, specifically for Disney, before our trip...but all but two were used up by the time we got to DL, because E felt that they were best used as lightsabers. He and his aunt would have epic battles with complicated rules ("force: take a nap" was a good rule for my sis in law). So we only had the two sticks left. Therefore, I waited until we were totally on the ride and in the building before I cracked them open, because I didn't want to make other kids around us sad that they truly could not have one of ours. E decided that he wanted one funky bracelet, so we got that going.

I kinda hate and kinda like the new additions to iasw. Lilo and Stitch I like.

IMG_0762.jpg

After iasw, we made our slow way back to Buzz, where we had two ride stops and my score was MOST excellent. I am bad, however, at moving the vehicle around, so E's score was not what it normally is. Robert's a much better driver for E's scores.

After that we were in need of food and hotel. And what better than to combine them? So as we headed towards PCH Grill for a late night make-your-own pizza (seems to be a tradition for us now), I caught this flawed picture of the gorgeous lightup balloons.

IMG_0765.jpg

Well, now I'm getting sick. How wonderful.

So I might as well finish this report as fast as possible, or I'll forget to do it. There's so much clutter, physical clutter, around me that is Disney related, I might as well get the cyber clutter gone so I can focus on the other stuff.

(I'm not sure what happened to the stroller...it disappears at some point here but I can't remember why)

We headed on out to PCH Grill, for a late late dinner. Oh, now I remember...there was an incident, one that was unfortunate and a bummer, while we were in the Buzz giftshop...E needed to be carried, since the stroller was gone, and I did so happily, even though I don't normally carry him much anymore (dude's almost 45" tall, around that same number in pounds). I will unapologetically state that I carried him, for what I felt was a good reason, from Tomorrowland all the way to our room. Sometimes ya just gotta protect your kid's feelings.

I mention it only to get some kudos for carrying him all that way! I am umma (Korean word for mama), watch me carry my big kid. :) We needed to run up to the room to change him into something else, and we managed to get down to the restaurant at around 9:30. Told ya it was LATE. But it seems to be tradition.

Here he is, decorating his make-your-own pizza. You can see the funky bracelet we made...he called it his "laser baser". :)

IMG_0766.jpg

I asked for water for him, then remembered that the pizza gets a beverage, so I asked for chocolate milk for him. He was trying to drink them at the same time, though I didn't catch that exact moment.

IMG_0768.jpg

To me, the fruit spear he's holding doesn't really "go" with pizza, and he didn't think so either, but it was a nice treat the next morning for me. :)

IMG_0769.jpg

They bring the dough circle out on a big Mickey shaped platter thing, with cups of cheese and sauce (and pepperoni if you're so inclined), and there's a wooden stick with a number on it. You decorate the pizza, then take it up to the chef at the oven. Then the server brings it out with the wooden stick in it, so you know it's yours. It's fun and quite good. He was fading fast though, and cold.

IMG_0772.jpg

I told the server I wanted my food ([Chicken] Quesadilla - Topped with Creamy Guacamole, Mild Chilies and Zesty Salsa) as my dinner, but someone got their wires crossed, because mine was brought out as though it were an appetizer. Since it's an appetizer, that makes sense, except for the fact that I told them I was having it as dinner. I felt REALLY bad for E, because the quesadilla (without chicken) has (NOT MILD) chilis in it and is spicy spicy spicy, so he wasn't going to have any. He had to wait and wait, and no one apologized. :(

However, they tasted good, and I still love their salsa and quacamole.

IMG_0770.jpg

You can also see in that picture that I had a drinkie...some sort of Mai Tai. mmmmmm.

They have the most interesting drinks menu there, including an "antioxidant" cocktail...they also have the organic juice drink I had the last time (something "star"), with the glowy blinky cube in it, and they still have the blue glowtini.

IMG_0775.jpg

The antioxidant has Finlandia Wild Berries Vodka, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur, Bossa Nova Acai Juice with Agave, Aloe Juice, Lychee, and Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice. Crazy! I only had my mai tai.

Couldn't finish it quickly, and joked with the server about a "go cup"...aha, if you're staying inside the hotel, you can take it with you! I was, so I did.

Got upstairs, realized he'd forgotten his chef sticker, ran back down, manager gave him 4, went back up, got into PJs, brushed teeth, and he was out in moments. Sleepy dude.

I watched Conan for awhile then pretty much passed out, after putting E's glow bracelet near him in the pitch-black room.

My alarm went off, and surprisingly I felt OK about it. We had missed MM the day before, and this was a Friday so I did want to be there early to get the lower crowds. But considering how late we were up, I figured we would be hurting...I opened the curtains just a bit, to let DS wake up sort of on his own. It worked beautifully.

I was somehow able to pack us all up, get us all ready, in good time!

Bathroom wallpaper.

IMG_0779.jpg

LOOK at this. Everyone talks about how GCH has all these perks, but PPH has many of the same ones! Art of the Craft? Build a Bear? Sephora early makeover? Available to ALL disney hotel guests.

IMG_0780.jpg

Again I did what I tell others to NOT do, and I put our stuff in the car. Why was I so against the bell services people on this trip? Why? Who knows. I lucked out with no one stealing my stuff, thankfully.

Got out of the garage and off to the parks, again through GCH. I love trekking that way so early, because you're surrounded by Cast Members. I appreciate them so much; it must be really hard to work your bottom off around people who are vacationing. I always have a smile for them in the mornings while walking.

Got to the esplanade, and I tried the #14 trick...it's a trick b/c no one ever gets in line at the gates "hidden" by trees, so you get in the big line for #15, and then it will split and be much shorter. I was thwarted! #14 never opened. Drat.

Waited 2 minutes for the stroller E said he needed. I'm telling ya, I'm going to give him allowance then take it back for these stroller rentals... I kept the nametag from the day before so it was even quicker.

And all of this was BEFORE 8! Not even opening time. I didn't know this, so I was rushy, but boom, there was the wall of people behind the rope. All right. I helped a lady who was worried about MTTMM and told her about the Animation Academy. She seemed happy I'd been eavesdropping.

At last we were off! Fantasyland was calling us.

Got into the PP line, and I forgot to mention this, but we were carrying a balloon. Just a little one that E was given at PCH Grill at dinner, that he wanted to bring with us in the morning. While in line, right before the turnstyle (from Hades), I was told we couldn't bring it in. Against the rules, to have a balloon on the rides. Well OK, would be nice to have this written somewhere...and since you don't give replacement balloons for popped or lost ones anymore, WHY, exactly, will I be *buying* any balloons at DLR anymore? Hmm? Anyway, the dude held the balloon for us.

OK, tangent. The PP boats are perceptibly wider to me. Some have said they don't see the difference but I could feel the difference. Lovely flight, we could fly, yay, and picked up the balloon on the way out.

Tied it tightly to the stroller. We were on and off PP between 8:05 and 8:17, oh yeah...and that includes the time to untie the balloon from my camera strap, which was in my bag (balloon was practically IN my bag).

Then to no-line Dumbo, which was as enjoyable for me as Dumbo always is! :sick:

We were at the Teacups line by 8:26. I offered E multiple rides on these things, but once was enough on this trip.

Someday I'll be able to tell part of the story of E's early life by pictures taken on the teacups...

IMG_0784.jpg

He had expressed interest in the Storybookland Canal Boats before, but the line was too long...well, getting off the Teacups, the line was not long! We rushed over. In line at 8:35, off the ride at 8:43. It's such a cute ride.

(But if your 2ish/3ish year old child has just been scared by the dark line of PP and the darkness inside the ride, perhaps being eaten by Monstro isn't the *best* idea, though the CM did try her best to keep it light for the little girlie girl... It's hard to have a first time at DL, when you don't know the ins and outs of the rides! You hear that Fantasyland is "for" kids, but I dunno...at least half, if not more, IMO, is just NOT.)

Then onto Casey, where we rode in the animal cages for the first time. Augh those are small! A nice family made room for us, after we were both thwarted in sitting at the caboose. I took up a spot where the mom would have sat, and when she declined switching with me, I took pictures of her little girl reacting, with the mom's camera. Cutie little girl. E liked the ride too, and everyone in the cage loved his lightsaber. We were done with Casey by 8:58.

Went the back way over to Splash, but it was down! Oh noes.

Oh wait, no worries, we went to have RiverBelle Terrace. Longest line EVER. (that I've experienced) Finally they opened the second line, and we erred by going over there...UGH, pre-made Mickey pancake! Yuck! E didn't mind, though...but it was crunchy. Bleah.

Had some difficulties in ordering...the one CM didn't understand that I was saying "coffee in a souvenir mug" and kept wanting to give me cocoa. The other understood *that*, but thought I wanted a Steamboat, instead of my ordered cinnamon roll.

Oh yes, I got a cinnamon roll. Um, yeah, never again. I had to scrape off so much of the whatever they put on it, and halfway through it my ears starting ringing, which was a little freaky. A once in a lifetime experience, that's for sure. And not a fabulous one.

After food, Splash was open, yay. We noticed the 10 minute wait signs, and I thought "yeah right". Snagged a FP at 10:03 with a return time of 10:50. Saw this dude.

IMG_0785.jpg

Not wanting to waste time, we went to buy me a poncho, then got in the standby line. It said 10, was probably 15 or so. Nice. There we had the pleasure of a group of teens who...went back in line to meet their late-arriving friends. :goodvibes

As we entered the FP line, there are some windows to the outside. As I was going past a window, Brer Fox put his head in the window! Yikes! I screamed just a little bit, then cracked up.

Great time on the ride, I smashed my left shoulder again. Darn that part of the ride!

Time wasn't up yet, so we went to see those Heffalumps again. Ah, gotta love people who use their flash in Pooh! Nothing like ruining the wild colors for yourself when you look at the pictures later on...memories...

Still not time for our FPs, and we saw Tigger meeting people. E had been very calm about characters, saying "I met them already", but Tigger was extra bouncy, and he got to E. So we joined the line, and ended up meeting Pooh, Rabbit (a first for us), and Tigger!

The photopass lady was only with Pooh, but she didn't get *this* shot!

IMG_0786.jpg

E liked Rabbit more than he thought he would, this is one of the cutest with-character pictures since Jack Sparrow.

IMG_0792.jpg

Tigger signed the book on E's head, then posed with his hands on E's head...then as their time was done, he noticed the lightsaber that I was holding for E.

He thought it was a baseball bat at first.

IMG_0803.jpg

Then his handler suggested that it was a fishing pole!

IMG_0806.jpg

Finally they asked us what it was, and E told them...

Jedi Tigger:

IMG_0807.jpg

At last it was time, overtime actually. Our fourth and last (this trip of course) ride was just as good, I hurt my shoulder again, and...despite my best efforts, a late-splashing wave caught me unawares, and I ended up with water inside the back of my poncho, soaking my skirt (I have many) and shorts again. I actually took off the poncho at the end inside-the-mountain part, not wanting to be seen as someone who got soaked while wearing a poncho (I was the ONLY one I saw in a poncho). :headache:

E laughed and laughed....

This head cold is coming on fast...gotta finish while I still have time between sneezes.

As you can see from the character pictures, E was dressed for a chillier day. After our last time on Splash he changed into hotter weather clothes and he felt much better.

We walked along to get Fast Passes for Big Thunder, which he continued to want to ride! Whoo! But the time was further in the future, so we decided to continue on and go to ToonTown.

Believe it or not, he wanted to go on Roger Rabbit! He hadn't been on it since he was 3, and since then he has hated the part when Roger gets electrified (same problem he has on ToT, basically). But he got brave, and we waited in a line that said it was 33 minutes long. It was fairly long. 33 minutes? Not sure. He actually enjoyed it this time, and of course I did my best to steer him so he didn't see the bothersome things.

He played around in "jail" for a minute after the ride, then headed to Goofy's house. Then bounced on out of there to meet Mickey. Oh boy. It was after noon. And we're getting in the line for Mickey???? Well he's 5 now and understands it better when I tell him it's a long line with very little to do, so we went ahead. Had a nice conversation with a man bringing his son for son's first (dad's second) visit to Disney. :) After a VERY long wait, he met Mickey...

IMG_0813.jpg

After that he convinced me that he could be good on Donald's Boat (that is usually the site of emotional breakdowns), and he was indeed!

IMG_0815.jpg

And on back to Goofy's, once I couldn't deal with all the other kids, who were entirely unsupervised and doing insanely dangerous things.

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Neither of us had noticed this before...the piano wasn't working all that well so he looked around the room more (as did I).

IMG_0810.jpg

I think I'm always a bit tense, trying to make sure everyone is having fun, everyone has eaten and eaten properly, etc etc, that I don't get *as many* chances to really look around as I did here.

IMG_0820.jpg

E pointed out the dalmation that appeared, then was disappearing as I snapped the pic.

IMG_0821.jpg

Hey look at that! Our FP time approached, and it was getting far too hot in ToonTown. So off we went.

The wildest ride in the wilderness was...a HIT! He didn't like the red eyes, but as for the actual ride, he liked it. Woo!

When we got off BTMRR and retrieved our stroller, part of our balloon was gone. The string/ribbon was there. The plastic part that connects plastic balloon to ribbon/string was there. The balloon was gone. If it had popped, part would be attached. If a bird had hit it, part would be attached. I see NO way it could have drifted out of the plastic part. Someone took the dingdang thing. AUGH.

Well it was really hot and we felt we'd done all we wanted to do in DL, so we decided to hop on over to DCA to see what there was to see. On the way over, we rode Jungle Cruise. Got the funniest guide! Never did get his name, but he told jokes I hadn't heard before.

...the bengal tiger can leap 32...thousand feet...from an airplane...Only once, of course.

...to your left is the incredibly rare bull elephant..it's so rare that there is only one, there are no more...and on your right, um, well....that's a polar bear!

...I like pointing out the rare and exotic foliage...there's one...there's another...oh there's another....you will also notice that we are (as pirahnas come up dramatically) ATTACKKKKKK!

I just felt that he was hilarious. :) Only other joke I recall from a JC guide was the time we went at night, and as we got to the tribal happenings he stops to see if he can translate what they are saying....we sit in the dark quietly, for just a beat too long...and he says "nope!" and moves along. :rotfl:

And on that note, we left DL, after finding our extremely moved stroller (I do know the difference between a moved stroller and a missing stroller!).

backtracking!

It's too bad I remember so little about our DCA day, but Soarin', Toy Story, and TOT were so well-received that it's OK. E and I went on the Zephyr (oh how I hated it) and on Grizzly (our last ride). E went on the Smoke Jumpers tire swing thing, and he had a blast on it. Last time he tried to go, he was a smidge too short, and now he's so much taller.

We saw a Disney cat, we watched the full Brother Bear Totem Ceremony, which was new to us b/c when we tried to see it before, the effects weren't working and it was just a bear meet/greet.

My SIL took E all around the climbing area of the Redwoods trail, as my brother had already hurt himself and I was wearing one of my skirts.

He did the rock climbing thing that he was officially too short for last time but they let him do anyway. He did it on his own, as they can only allow 2 people total back there, and there was another kid climbing already. If we wanted to wait, I could go with him, but he was doing fine so I stayed in the waiting area.

We did leave well before we planned to. No Electrical Parade, and I was sad, but my brother had had it with his injury, and it was just too long a day. The walk back to Garden Walk parking was pleasant and not too long, and we were home as fast as we could legally be home.

The DCA day was so good.

Disney/GCH cat.

IMG_0585.jpg

Seriously cheesy totem ceremony.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Scenery at the tire swing thing.

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

The first half of this long video is VERY boring, but if you have a little-ish kid who hasn't gone on it, maybe it will help. I haven't listened to it, but my voice is on it, and I tend to sound like a small child, so I apologize for that. It will also show you how hard that hit can be at the end.

Rock climbing.

IMG_0617.jpg

Exploring the upper reaches.

IMG_0629.jpg

Views from the Golden (why???? it's silver) Zephyr (the ONLY ride we went on all day that gave a shout-out to the dads).

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

Construction wall.

IMG_0631.jpg

:)

The end of the story.

We went over to DCA and lost our minds. Went in the gates, up to Grizzly. It was 2ish. The FPs we got were for 6pm. 60 minute line.

NO.

Knew TSMM line would be insane. Couldn't think of anything else we wanted to do, ride, or see, not even Animation.

I had wanted to eat at Taste Pilots, and I "sold" him on this idea. Oh.My.Buddha. What a line! After 2 pm! At *least* half an hour. At least. Just to order.

They do take disney giftcards, and the choice of beef or veggie burgers is right there on the signs. I don't know why the menu sites can't mention that, and I don't know why disneygiftcard.com still has outdated info. I just sent them an email requesting that they get the right info.

After the VERY long wait, during which a family let their little 3ish year old girl cry and cry and cry (and cry) (and wail) without hugging her, picking her up, or even giving her, oh I don't know, a little snack since she was HUNGRY, or a drink of water to tide her over (E was very distressed by the crying and their lack of actual care for or of her), the food was ready fairly quickly.

Veggie burger with just OK flyby fries (generous portion), and a generous side of very good onion rings.

Oh wow. That wasn't a *veggie* burger...it was a *vegetable* burger. There's such a difference!

Faithful readers might remember, back in the olden days, I wrote about the Hungry Bear veggie burger...it was a Morningstar Farms *black bean* veggie burger, completely with cumin spicy taste. NOT a normal veggie burger. And this was just as abnormal, and went over JUST as well as that black bean burger did with Eamon. Oh man oh man.

Now I liked it. But I don't mind literal *chunks* of whole corn kernels, bits of carrots, broccoli, and even green bell pepper (hello, allergen?) in my burger. E just wanted me to pick those things out of the burger, but it WAS the burger.

Along with that, there were almost no seats available, and we got, arguably, the WORST seat there. Bright, full sunshine, wobbly table. I could feel my skin burning, despite a ton of sunscreen.

About halfway through the "meal", I turned around and saw a family leaving their table that was halfway in shade. I got eye contact with the woman there...I asked if she was leaving, she indicated she was. She stood there and saved the table for us! Oh she was so nice.

Other than that, our meal did not go well. We have some, well, issues with authority. I've said it before...E is an unintentional "only" and sometimes he gets his way when really, he shouldn't. He likes to bargain (as did I, I've heard) and can be charming about it. But this time...I wasn't going to let him have a cookie after a meal of ONLY fries! No no no!

Well, if you were around Taste Pilots between 2 and 3 on Friday the 26th, and you heard a boy saying "you're making me crrrrrryyyyyyy", yeah, that was us. And I wasn't *making* him do anything but just eat veggies. Veggies he likes, just not in the form he's used to.

Boo on Disney. Yay for wanting to have a veggie burger, and if DS had a soy allergy I'm sure I would be happy, but BOO for having *weird* veggie burgers and not explaining what sort of veggie burgers they are on the menu...

So...that meal was not fun. And he was so upset about the thought of no cookie that he wasn't even filling his belly with things he WOULD eat (fries). I knew he wasn't going to eat more burger, he knew he wasn't getting a cookie, but he needed to EAT.

I tuned out and took pictures...not to ignore him, but because every time I looked at him he would burst into tears again.

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Finally that pleasant meal (ha!) was done.

I did need a latte, and I did sneak some cookies into my bag for later on, once he had some proper food in San Diego.

Well after that...we'd had it. We were done.

I remember reading Avalon's trip report when she and her daughter, who had gotten sick during their big family trip, went. And at the end of that trip, they walked happily down Main Street, being happy with what they had done, and ready to go home. I've started to have that feeling when we leave, and E and I definitely were READY to go home at that point. Even though it meant giving up Grizzly.

We abandoned the stroller at GCH and walked into the cool breezeway...we couldn't avoid the desire to sit in the comfy chairs, so we did. There was a pianist, and E went over to stand with her.

I have a friend who keeps promising that she'll give us, for him, her old smaller keyboard, and I can't wait for that gift, because I know he'll love to play around with it. He loves hearing the piano.

IMG_0827.jpg

That time in the lobby refreshed us, and we were able to go to the car without much fuss from either of us. I drove out of the lot, showed my keycard to the CM at the whatever you call it, turned out onto Disneyland Drive, turned onto Katella, and before I got to "the 5", E was out like a light. Slept all the way to the Albertsons before my brother's house. Amazing.

What was even more amazing is that because I accelerate slowly and don't go right up to stop lights to put on the brakes, I only used half of the Durango's tank of gas, whereas when my brother drove us to Anaheim, his style of driving used 3/4 of a tank. He doesn't speed and neither do I, and the distance was the same, so it was our style of driving that did it. Wild!

I spent all of yesterday turning just a few sessions of photographs into something like 112 for the photopass CD, and I also ordered 10 4x6 prints (at 19 cents each) of that Mickey picture I took with just a touch of a Disney border. We actually hadn't ordered a CD in a relative long time, since we're always so busy running around we never have time to stop for pictures.

It was such a wonderful Disney interlude that my sister in law gave us. When next I can, I'm going to get her a souvenir for her fave ride, Soarin' (though TSMM is a close second), and I'll get my brother something TOT themed. I didn't think of it when we were there and I regret that.

I have been afraid of trips with just me and E before, because he's been such a handful in the past. But this was most excellent. Shortly after getting back to San Diego, he let me know he was ready to go homehome, which is why we got on that plane on the 29th.

A really wonderful trip, and even though my brother and sister in law will never read this, I thank them from the bottom of my heart. :lovestruc

I'm still here! I somehow developed a headache so have quieted down some in the last couple of hours but I am here! I would love to get a picture with Rabbit! Never in my entire Disneyland-going existence have I nabbed Rabbit in a photo! If only the lines for pictures were not so long - my friend would be much more willing to wait with me and get in the Tigger, Pooh and Rabbit pictures with me (and I know sometimes they drag out Eeyore and Piglet too) if I opted to do that. Same thing with visting Mickey at his house. I love characters and getting in pictures with them (or their statues!!:lmao:) but...is it awful that I cannot determine which bear is Koda and which one is Kenai? As you can see, I am not a huge Brother Bear fan. Oh, nothing against them - I will pose with them too if they happen along. I just don't look at that movie as a classic that belongs in the pantheon of Disney classic movies!

I love all the little details around ToonTown - some of which are very hard to spot UNLESS there is no one else around at all. If it is crowded as it tends to be, very little detail-hunting can be done.

Okay, is there a Storytellers Critter Breakfast coming up ahead? I thought I read in one post of yours that E was on the lookout for Chip and Dale but you all saw Terk instead or something? Or am I imagining things?

I recognize that pianist at the GCH - she is there all the time, and she plays holiday stuff in December. I love those comfy GCH lobby chairs, too! It is so relaxing to plop down in one of them and rest for a while...that is when the dim lighting comes in handy, because it is comforting on the eyes...and then it is hard getting up again from said comfy chairs because I am so relaxed and don't want to move!

Was the space travel/aviation classic rock playing at TPG when you were there? See when I went there was no line at all - but that was on a rainy December Monday morning. I got my food right away, and I love those fries AND the onion rings! It sounds like Friday afternoons in summer are a bad time to be there.

Yay! Another great trip for Molly and E! He is probably getting used to DLR now - he may start thinking you will be back there every week - or at least every month!!:lmao:

Thank you for reading!!!!!!!

...is it awful that I cannot determine which bear is Koda and which one is Kenai?

Okay, is there a Storytellers Critter Breakfast coming up ahead? I thought I read in one post of yours that E was on the lookout for Chip and Dale but you all saw Terk instead or something? Or am I imagining things?

Koda is the real bear, the little one that needs watching over. Kenai was a human, voiced by Joaquin Phoenix, but was turned into a bear b/c he had hatred in his heart against Koda's mom because of her part in Kenai's older brother's death. I believe that Kenai actually caused the death of Koda's mom, and therefore the spirits turned him into a bear, to watch over Koda and to teach him lessons.

The Storyteller's thing I was talking about was back in Dec '07, I believe. Or wait, maybe May '08 for his 4th b'day? Not a current thing.

Was the space travel/aviation classic rock playing at TPG when you were there?

He is probably getting used to DLR now - he may start thinking you will be back there every week - or at least every month!!:lmao:

I have no idea what sounds there might have been, other than the little girl crying and E saying "my legs are so tired, I'm going to...falll....downnnnnn, pick me up pick me up pick me up". :headache:

And yes, he does think it's much closer than it actually is.

Take care of that headache, that's what this head cold of mine started as this morning!

Hi Molly. I'm so glad that you and E had a great trip alone together. I really treasure those activities with each of my boys when we get the chance. I have spent many trips with my oldest, alone at DL, but my first one is coming up with my youngest. I am really looking forward to it. I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I happen to think that most all children have compliance issues at one time or another, and that maturity just helps them to learn to deal with having to comply without the emotional side. I tell you, I still hate to comply!!

Molly, I can understand E and the mood in Taste Pilot. The whole mood was set in motion by the poor little girl who was crying, I am sure. It's that domino effect. And horror, of all horrors a strange veggie burger. Yay for Disney to actually make a conscious effort to provide a choice for people who don't want meat. And actually I want to try it now. But, all in all it sound like you two had a good trip and I am glad. And how lucky you are to have such a wonderful sister in law.

I hope you feel better.

So it seems that my head cold was "merely" allergies. Annoying. We ran away to Oregon for the holiday. We never do anything FOR the holiday here in Tacoma, just not pleasant to rub sweaty shoulders with the other people celebrating, so we figured "why hide out at home, let's go somewhere else!" And we did.

Now we're back and Robert's making a HUGE job decision. We have two pages of pros/cons, and the jobs are absolutely equal...not necessarily one for one, but one negative is made up for some other sort of negative in the other job, etc etc. Super-hard. Both jobs know he's taking this weekend...we thought we had it figured out until the middle of last night when I thought of something that brought the whole thing up again... Wowie, it's great that he has two companies that want him so much, but it's also not an easy decision by any means.

I'll have to retire this planning story soon as I don't anticipate anything DLR-happening...but then who knows, LOL.

Another great report, Molly!

And good luck with the big decision abour Robert's job.

So it seems that my head cold was "merely" allergies. Annoying. We ran away to Oregon for the holiday. We never do anything FOR the holiday here in Tacoma, just not pleasant to rub sweaty shoulders with the other people celebrating, so we figured "why hide out at home, let's go somewhere else!" And we did.

Now we're back and Robert's making a HUGE job decision. We have two pages of pros/cons, and the jobs are absolutely equal...not necessarily one for one, but one negative is made up for some other sort of negative in the other job, etc etc. Super-hard. Both jobs know he's taking this weekend...we thought we had it figured out until the middle of last night when I thought of something that brought the whole thing up again... Wowie, it's great that he has two companies that want him so much, but it's also not an easy decision by any means.

I'll have to retire this planning story soon as I don't anticipate anything DLR-happening...but then who knows, LOL.

Molly you cannot retire this report until you let us know what you both decided. It's kind of too bad it's not a cold. You can get over that sooner.

Molly you cannot retire this report until you let us know what you both decided. It's kind of too bad it's not a cold. You can get over that sooner.

My allergies are weird...they hit then go away, sometimes they just hit and hit and hit and hit...anyway, I just needed to stay indoors and relax. Not difficult to do at McMenamins Grand Lodge in Forest Grove, Oregon! We even got to meet a couple getting married Sunday there, and since we were a McMenamins wedding couple (though not at that Inn) we were just excited for them. Bought them a card and a small giftcard (enough for a bottle of McMen wine) and surprised the heck out of them! :goodvibes

I wasn't able to get out and play disc golf with E and R, but that's OK, it was over 90 degrees and that's NOT pleasant for me at all. On Saturday we walked a few blocks to get to the store (we weren't enjoying the desserts there and just wanted those tiny containers of Haggen Dasz ice cream), it was after 6pm, and the sun was still so hot and burning that I got color on my legs from the walk. Tanning rays after 6pm! In Oregon!

Considering it was 100 degrees on our wedding day during an August not far from where we stayed over the weekend, I shouldn't have been surprised, and yet...I was.

Decision has been made but I'll talk about it in a week or so, not yet. Tough tough decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter