3 Princesses Hit the Parks!-A 2/13 Girls Trip TR!*Update 6/19, pg 23-The End!*

I'm loving the lightening pace of your updates...;) You go girl (and having been sick and all... sorry about that... I feel like this has just been an awful winter for illness for so many people...:hug:)

Caitlin is a cutie...:goodvibes

Love, love the AKL ... it's def one of my faves... (w/the Boardwalk resorts & AKL) ... it really has a very special ambience ... there's also a great lightly spiced, smoky smell... subtle... comforting...:thumbsup2

I think that Tusker House is definitely one of the best character breakfasts...great characters and some of the best food too... Boma though... hmmm.... If it was just ranking on food...I'd have to give the edge to Boma... super yums ... but you don't get the other stuff... so that's a toughie...

Asia is my favorite too...: It's lovely... and super atmospheric... I love EE... I can understand though why Caitlin may have had some early reservations...;)

David loves Primeval Whirl...and I think it's cute... It makes Eric queezy because he doesn't like the spinning (He'll ride everything but the teacups make him green... hehe...;)

Ahhh... love your Tea at the GF... :goodvibes What a great experience for your Girl Trip...

Haha, well, thanks! They were supposed to be way faster than that, like, if everything went according to plan, I should have been almost finished by now! But I had to go and get sick and not even have any strength to sit at the computer! I should get back to normal in a couple of days, I haven't even had the chance to do an update for my November TR this week! :eek:

I loved the smell of AKL, it was like a campfire! Ugh, remembering how much I loved it there is making it SO hard to choose a resort for December! Good thing I have a few months to figure it out! :rotfl2:

Yeah, Boma and Tusker House are pretty much a tie now...I think Boma's food is a little better, but it's nice to be right inside the park...and Brandon and I have done Boma at least 4 times now...maybe I'll be able to talk him into it! :thumbsup2

Asia is beautiful, I almost wish that section was a little bigger, because it's just so pretty and perfectly themed!

Primeval Whirl was fun, I'm glad we went on it, I like trying new rides at Disney, but I doubt I'll ever get Brandon on there! He's not a big fan of spinning at all! I'm surprised he likes the teacups! :rotfl2:

I really liked the GF tea, it was really cute! It's so pretty in that resort, I love having a reason to go there! :thumbsup2

If I remember correctly we went back to AKL to change. The morning had been pretty chilly and by the afternoon it was pretty warm. I think I had gotten tired of carrying around fleece shirts and needed my flip flops:thumbsup2

Oh yeah, that's it! This is what I get for taking horrible notes on this trip! :rotfl:

Great update, Jen (and Diane :wave2:).

So happy that you finally tried Tusker House; we loved it in September and are going back in August (and we are still doing Boma too :thumbsup2).

Love Caitlin in the hat.

Although I am DEFINITELY NOT an Expedition fan, I am glad to see you got Caitlin to try it and that she enjoyed it.

Your tea looks lovely at the GF; I can barely get Mark in the resort let alone try to have him go to a "tea"...but then I don't drink tea anyway so it's no biggie for me. But it looks as if you ladies had a lovely time.

Thanks!

Yes, Tusker House was wonderful! IF I ever stay at AKL with Brandon, I'm guessing we would probably do Boma and Tusker House. Actually, we'd probably do Boma every morning, that's how much we love it!

Isn't that a cute picture? :goodvibes

What, no EE for you? But it's so much fun!!!

We did have a nice time! I love the GF, when I first went inside there, I felt weird and uncomfortable, but now I don't feel that way at all, everyone is so nice, and it's so Disney that I just love it! :cloud9:

Great updates! It looks like you had a fun morning in AK. :thumbsup2 Maybe it was a good thing you lost your FP and had to try out the Single Rider line, just so you know you can do it and it's not awful. :goodvibes Really, those rides move you in and out so quickly, I have never really had any experience of forced awkwardness using the SR line, and I think of myself as a very awkward person at times!

The tea at the GF looks SO FUN! Maybe one day I will have a little girl and we can do something like that together. :cloud9:

Oh, yeah, I hope you are feeling better! I went through a rough patch when I was in my early teens where I just kept getting ear infection after ear infection, and I had no idea why (still don't). They are horrible!

Thanks! We did have a fun day in AK! Haha, well, I guess I can deal with single rider if I have to, it's nice to know that I can do it! I just don't prefer it! I'm sure not many people find single rider awkward, but I'm strange, I find the most simple situations awkward! :rotfl2: Luckily, I don't find too many things in Disney too awkward, but at home, forget it!

It is so nice, having tea in the GF! It would be so cute to have a little girl and bring her to tea, they have the tea in the morning with princess Aurora that would be adorable to do with a little girl! :)

Thanks! I feel the same, but I went to the doctor today, I have a horrible sinus infection! :sick: No idea how I got one, since I've never had one, but now I'm on antibiotics, so I should be ok soon! And I got Brandon sick, only his sickness turned into a respiratory infection, so he's on antibiotics too! Ugh! Ear infections are the worst, I got them all the time a few years ago, every time I'd get a cold, it would turn into an ear infection! I don't know why, it just happened! Luckily it doesn't anymore, but it was strange! I almost thought I'd have to get tubes in my ears or something! :rotfl2:

Sorry your still sick! Have the antibiotics kicked in yet??
I would love to have tea at the GF someday! Where there any young guys there at all?? I dont think i could get my husband to go with me...good excuse for a girls trip!!
Thats a cute picture of all if you with Donald, and the one with your neice trying on the hat is adorable!

Sorry your still sick! Have the antibiotics kicked in yet??
I would love to have tea at the GF someday! Where there any young guys there at all?? I dont think i could get my husband to go with me...good excuse for a girls trip!!
Thats a cute picture of all if you with Donald, and the one with your neice trying on the hat is adorable!

Thanks! I'm feeling a little better, so I guess the antibiotics have started to work! I don't know lol! I've been sick for so long I can't even tell! :confused3

I think there were a few guys there, I know there were some older men there, but I think I saw some younger ones too! I just know Brandon would never go for that, lol! It's really a cute thing to do on a girl's trip! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Haha, yes, my niece is adorable, she certainly loves to be in pictures! :yay:

February 19, Part 3!

When we left off, we just took the bus back to AKL and tried to rest for a little while. I took a shower and got dressed then took a walk downstairs to the Mara. I had to make sure I got something while I was at AKL, and I was afraid I wouldn't have time if I kept waiting around!

IMG_2656.jpg

(Random picture of a rug outside of the Mara, cute right? :rotfl:)

What was I getting?

IMG_2658.jpg

Zebra Domes, of course!! (Yes, there is one missing, I ate one before I remembered to take a picture!) I love these things, but sadly, we were having dinner soon so I couldn't eat all of them. Disney problems. :confused3

While we were getting ready for dinner, I went out on the balcony to look at the sunset, and it was beautiful!

IMG_2659.jpg

Finally, we were ready to head to dinner, and we didn't have far to go, because tonight we were dining at Jiko!

(I'm not sure why I didn't take any pictures inside, it's such a beautiful restaurant! My sister might have more pictures than I do, I know she has more pictures of the actual food, since she did the live dining report, if you want to see them!)

We checked in and waited for maybe 10 minutes to go to our table. Once you're seated, they give you little warm, moist towels to clean your hands with, which I thought was nice, kind of like they do at 'Ohana at the end of your meal!

(Before we ordered, Caitlin and I went to the bathroom, and I was even impressed by those! Look at the adorable signs for the restroom! I really love this place, haha!)

IMG_2664.jpg

Diane had a Zebratini and a salad to start with, the Zebratini sounded really good, but I didn't want to drink and chance getting a headache or get too tired, so I skipped it. I did get a drink called the Minnie Mouse, which was basically a Shirley Temple, and it was really good! Our server tried carding me for it, and I was really confused at first, and I was like "um, it doesn't have alcohol in it..." and she had to look a the menu to remind herself what the Minnie Mouse was!:rotfl: I didn't get an appetizer either, because I wasn't sure what to get, some of the things on the menu are a little weird, and I'm NOT an adventurous eater! :rotfl2: They did bring out bread, which was really good, Diane and I ate the whole basket of it, I think! It had some kind of flavored butter, which was SO good! It's a good thing I didn't get an appetizer, because that bread was amazing!

Diane and I got the same thing for dinner, the Oak Grilled Filet, and we substituted the veggies that it usually comes with with the mac and cheese...

IMG_2665.jpg

Oh. My. God. This was probably the best steak I've ever had at Disney World, and that includes all of the filets I've had at Le Cellier. It was insane. And the mac and cheese, mixed with the wine sauce that they drizzle over everything was perfect!! Diane loved hers too, I think she just wished she got hers cooked a little more, since I believe she got her steak cooked medium rare. I cannot recommend Jiko enough, it's a new favorite! I definitely will be bringing Brandon there on a future trip!

Poor Caitlin got a flatbread, which she took one bite of and hated it! Diane tried it and said it was good, but I think it was a little too sophisticated for a kid! So she just sat there and colored while Diane and I ate and Diane promised her chicken nuggets when we were finished!

It was probably a little after 8 when we finished eating, and I was all set to go to the Magic Kingdom for magic hours! I was hoping Diane and Caitlin would come, but Caitlin still had to eat and Diane was tired from waking up so early, so...I was about to go on a solo adventure for the first time in my life! :cool1:

I went to the bus stop, which was completely empty, and I have to admit, I was a bit nervous. Crazy, right? I was in Disney, it was well lit, and it's probably the safest place for someone to be alone. I couldn't help it though, I would have felt better if some people were at the stop with me. And it also didn't help that I watched like 6 buses from all the other parks come, and none for the Magic Kingdom! Finally a few other people were waiting with me, and I was fine, excited actually! I had never gone to a park alone! There have been times where Brandon and I would separate in the parks, but never for a long period of time, so this was all new to me!

Soon I was at the Magic Kingdom, and I was so excited to go in! For some reason, my park hopper was being weird when I was trying to get in, it took a few times before it would let me go in, which was strange, considering I used it that morning! And when I walked in, guess what was happening? That's right, the Main Street Electrical Parade!:laughing: It never fails, this parade is always going on when I walk into the Magic Kingdom at night, no matter what time it is! So I made my way up Main Street, not really knowing what to do, so I went towards Tomorrowland! I figured I'd go on the Peoplemover and kind of make a game plan of what I wanted to do for the night!

As soon as I get there, I notice there is a small line, and they're not letting anyone on, because...it's broken! :eek: Ughhh, figures!!

I felt a little lost, like I had no idea where to begin, so I found a spot that was somewhat quiet and called Brandon. I know, sad right? Here I am, in Disney World, it's a beautiful night, I'm in my favorite place in the Magic Kingdom, and I'm calling my husband because I don't know what to do with myself. I talked to him for a while and just people watched and I was actually content doing that. I'm one of those people who likes being in the parks JUST to be in the parks!

After a little while of talking to him and feeling better, I decided I needed to do something! The Peoplemover was still down, so where should I go alone? Of course. New Fantasyland!

I started to walk over, and I was checking the new Disney app to see if the Little Mermaid had any FP's left, and they did, and the return time was only about an hour away! So I walked over to the FP machines, put in my ticket and...it didn't work! So I tried again, and nothing! I thought maybe it was the machine, so I tried a different one, and nothing again! I saw a CM right there, I could have asked him, but I didn't feel like bothering him, so I just gave up and went back to New Fantasyland to walk around!

IMG_2693.jpg

I threw a coin in Gaston's fountain and made a wish (I did this almost every single time I walked by a fountain on this trip!) and then went into Belle's little shop to look around. I really love that shop, it's adorable and they have such cute things!

I really, really wanted this:

IMG_2671.jpg

but it was insanely expensive! Maybe next time! :rotfl2:

I decided I had to do something, I couldn't just wander around MK all night and not actually go on anything! So I walked through the rest of Fantasyland and checked the wait time for Peter Pan, too long. Hmm, what could I do that wouldn't have a long line? Of course! Haunted Mansion!

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

I got in line and went right into the stretching room, and once again, I was very aware that I was alone! It seemed like every time I did something alone, I was with huge groups of people that were together!

When they let us out, I kind of hung back so I would be last and not near any of the groups, but it didn't work out that way, it was like a mob when we got to the next part of the queue! It was just chaos, just tons of people trying to cram into the tiny little narrow section you have to go into before you actually get on the ride. So no one actually moved for like, 5 minutes. It was a good time to check out all the details in there though! I love the wallpaper!

IMG_2678.jpg

Finally I got on, and again, it was a little strange going on this alone at first. Isn't it weird how the first few rides I go on alone are scary rides? Tower of Terror, EE and now Haunted Mansion? I couldn't just go on Small World or something!

However, it turned out being great, I just sat back and enjoyed it, and I loved it even more than I usually do! Especially the cemetery scene while "Grim Grinning Ghosts" is playing, that part makes me so happy!

When I was finished with Haunted Mansion, I went over to Liberty Square and went in one of my favorite stores, the Christmas shop!

IMG_2694.jpg

I looked around for a little while, and then I realized how tired I was. I wanted to do a few other things, but I was just so tired and I knew I had to walk back to the bus, which would take a while, and I didn't feel like fighting the crowds when the park actually closed, so I decided to head out of MK.

I took my time on Main Street, just soaking it all in! Even though I didn't do much in terms of rides, I still was having a great time at the Magic Kingdom. Of course, I was wishing Caitlin and Diane were there, or even Brandon, but it was fun being the park alone, even if I was nervous at first. It's really nice having SO much freedom to just do whatever you want, even if all you want to do is walk around and people watch and look in the shops!

I kept trying to get a good picture of the balloons on Main Street before I left, and I kept failing, lol!

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

I walked through the Emporium for a second, and then I made my way to the bus stop. I was first in line for the AKL bus, which was good, because a lot of people lined up after me! I got right on the bus and grabbed the first seat, and then a couple sat next to me, and the lady was so cold, she like, snuggled up next to me and said she was using me for body heat, haha! I didn't mind, it wasn't weird, she was really nice and was just chatting away about Disney World with her husband and I!

Once I got back to AKL, I went up to the room, got changed and tried to go to sleep, but I was having trouble, so I just played around on my phone for a while until I passed out!

All in all, I enjoyed my time at the park alone, even though at first I was a bit nervous! It was a fun night, but I was looking forward to the morning, rope drop at MK!

OMG, your view is perfect and so is that lion head on the bathroom door and your meal looks amazing! I decided I'm not big on steak but the fact that YOU liked something more than Le Cellier... that says a lot! Wow!

Yay for solo adventures! Okay skipping FLE stuff... and skipping... okay Haunted Mansion! I'm back. :laughing: I agree, being solo allows SO MUCH FREEDOM. Like, you can take your time and take pictures or go in a store if you see something you like, or you can wait for the character that nobody else wants to meet... it's just awesome! Although I do LOVE being at Disney with people. There's a fine line. ANYWAYS, I'm glad you had a good time!

I LOVE Jiko!!!!! The attmosphere, food, restroom, and everything ( especially that bread and butter) is so wonderful!!!! Glad you went!

AHH! I miss zebra domes :(

I'm so proud of you for being brave and going to MK alone!!! I probably would have been the same way at first.. then you realize you'll have fun and enjoy yourself and then it gets great :)

Love Jiko!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Isn't it such a beautiful and wonderful restaurant??

Good for you for going on your solo adventure! I'll admit, I've never been in the parks alone, so I probably would have been a bit nervous too, but it sounds like you had a great time!! :goodvibes

Jiko! Evidently I've never been in the bathroom there because I don't remember the adorable lioness head on the door...just another perfect Disney touch.

As much fun as it is to be at WDW with someone else, I love going in the parks by myself and being able to do whatever I want without having to confer with anyone...Gabriel does NOT like lingering in the shops like I do. It sounds like you had a nice solo adventure, and I think it's lovely that you were able to sit in MK and talk to your sweetie.

February 19, Part 3!

IMG_2678.jpg

This is a cool picture. It turned out great!

Glad you liked Jiko, although signature dining is really lost on kids. What, no chicken nuggets? :rotfl: I've had the steak there and it is amazing. Denny hasn't eaten there yet, so maybe I'll plan his big birthday dinner there for next October!

The first time I went into a park myself I felt a little weird, too! Especially at night. But it is a great feeling to have that unlimited freedom.

Joining in and all caught up! Glad to know it wasn't as awkward as you thought it might be doing the parks solo...I'd love to do that but have always worried about the same thing. Hope you're feeling better, I cant wait to read more!popcorn::

I thought that since Caitlin and I had a little bit of differences in our day than Jen I would post some of our pictures.

While Jen was able to take a short nap and leisure stroll through AKL, Caitlin and I were headed to the pool. (I tried very hard to take a nap since after a rough work weekend of third shift, getting about 8hrs of sleep the previous 3 nights and waking up at 3am this morning I was exhausted. Unfortunately Caitlin wasn’t about to let me sleep)

Here is Caitlin ready to go. I was trying to take a nap and she would quietly arrange her pressed pennies for a few minutes but would soon be over to bother me and ask when we could go.
IMG_0184.jpg

After of about 30 minutes of lying down I gave up and we headed to the pool. I found a chair and Caitlin headed to the pool where she spent the next 2hrs going on the slide over and over and over again.
IMG_0188.jpg

Usually between every 20 slide rides she would come over and make sure I hadn’t left and that she didn’t have to get out.
IMG_0190.jpg

After about an hour I was hoping to leave but she made a friend and they proceeded to ride the slide over and over again together. I felt bad making her leave when she had just started playing with the other girl so I let her stay and called DH to chat for another hour. I have to say mid afternoon was when I missed having DH on our trip the most. Usually he would take Caitlin to the pool while I napped but without him there I think I only managed one 15 minute nap the whole trip.

I didn’t get great pictures of the pool that day but here are some empty ones from one of my morning coffee runs.
DisneyMay2011onSony492.jpg

DisneyMay2011onSony494.jpg

After our pool time we got ready for our adr at Jiko.

Other than food I didn’t get many pictures since it was too dark.

I had a zebratini which was very good and a jiko salad to start.
IMG_9659.jpg

I am pretty picky salad eater and usually only eat salads I make. However I happen to love when salads have nuts, fruit, greens and blue/gorgonzola cheese so I gave the Jiko salad a shot.
jikomenu.jpg

fdc888cd-c831-44cf-9994-2a9ba0bdecff.jpg

It was sooooo good. There aren’t many salads that could make you wish there was more on the plate. I ate every little bite.

This is DD’s pizza which she did not like. I tried a few bites and it was fine but I believe it was provolone cheese which I knew DD doesn’t like. I thought about making her eat it anyway but figured the meal would be much more enjoyable if I didn’t have to listen to her whine the whole meal. I know if DH was there he would have made her eat it anyway and the meal probably would have been horrible. There was nothing on the menu that she would have liked otherwise so I told her if she behaved while we ate she could get chicken nuggets from Mara afterwards. She colored quietly throughout the whole meal.
e3d9117b-cbcd-42f1-9f5d-642228ea6b2e.jpg

Main course
Filet with mac and cheese
IMG_0197.jpg

Perfect!

Our meal was amazing and every bite was perfect. Between bread, starters and entrees I don’t think I left one bite of food. The only issue I had was that it took awhile for our waitress to come to our table once we had finshed our entrees. Maybe 15-20 of waiting with empty plates. It wasn’t a big deal but I probably would have gotten dessert had she been around earlier but after waiting so long I just wanted to get out of there and Caitlin was still waiting for her dinner at Mara. I probably should gotten something to go because I am sure any dessert would have been awesome.

After dinner Jen decided to go to MK. In the beginning of the day I had hoped to go to but after no rest in the afternoon and knowing I would be up early the next morning I decided to turn in early. Our Jiko adr was 7:15 so it must have been close to 9ish by now.

Our first order of business was to get some chicken nuggets at Mara. Caitlin and I headed back to our room with her dinner so that I could make sure we were packed (we switched from a 2 night standard view studio to 1 night in a savannah view studio) .

Somewhere in all of this Caitlin said with worry “Where is my bear?”

(Bear is seen in this picture from earlier in the day)
IMG_0146.jpg

She had taken to dinner and no longer had it. So we had to bring our dinner upstairs and march back to Jiko to find it. Luckily our table was still being cleared and she found her bear on the floor.

We went to bed right after in order to rest up for our early morning the next day at my favorite park.:love:

great updates. Dinner looks and sounds good.

I know all about swimming too. Claire has that one track mind when it comes to going to the pool too.

Beautiful sunset picture!

I'm not a big meat lover, but I'm kind of obsessed with filet mignon. I also love mac n cheese, so I think I really need to get myself to Jiko!

Do you have the link to your sister's dining report?

I used to be like you and not like to bother people working, until I worked in an arts & crafts store. Helping people was so much more interesting than just standing there or doing some other tasks. I would walk around people and think "PLEASE ask for my help!". So now I don't mind so much asking CMs for help when I need it. I'm still a little shy though.

That's so funny how you feel weird using the single-rider line, but don't mind someone sitting close to you and "using" you as body heat. That would have freaked me out. :rotfl:

Jiko looks really beautiful. I'm a super picky eater so I've been too afraid to try it, but everything looks really yummy!
Good for you, going to the parks alone! I would have been nervous to probably. Once or twice I went to DTD alone but during the day.

Great updates again, girls.

Jiko looks awesome; I think that will have to go on the list for a future trip (maybe when we stay at AKL in 2014 with the newlyweds).

I'm not sure I would like being in the parks "solo" after al the years mark and I have been a twosome there. I could do it with a friend, but I don't think by myself.

Great pic as you were waiting to walk onto the ride at the HM.

I wonder why the PeopleMover was down for so long?

Diane, I love that picture of Caitlin in that outfit holding her bear...very cute.

OMG, your view is perfect and so is that lion head on the bathroom door and your meal looks amazing! I decided I'm not big on steak but the fact that YOU liked something more than Le Cellier... that says a lot! Wow!

Yay for solo adventures! Okay skipping FLE stuff... and skipping... okay Haunted Mansion! I'm back. :laughing: I agree, being solo allows SO MUCH FREEDOM. Like, you can take your time and take pictures or go in a store if you see something you like, or you can wait for the character that nobody else wants to meet... it's just awesome! Although I do LOVE being at Disney with people. There's a fine line. ANYWAYS, I'm glad you had a good time!

Isn't it perfect?? I really loved that room! Haha, I know, I couldn't believe I liked it more than Le Cellier! If only Jiko had pretzel bread and cheddar cheese soup, I'd have no reason to go to Le Cellier anymore! :rotfl:

I was going to warn you about the FLE stuff, but there was really only one picture, and I think you probably saw it on my IG anyway! The next update I do here will be full of FLE stuff, so I will definitely put up a warning before that one! :thumbsup2 I kept having mixed feelings about being solo that night, one minute I'd be so full of happiness, and the next I'd be missing Brandon or Caitlin and Diane and wish I wasn't alone! But it was a lot of fun not having to ask anyone what they wanted to do, and just walk around and hang out!

I LOVE Jiko!!!!! The attmosphere, food, restroom, and everything ( especially that bread and butter) is so wonderful!!!! Glad you went!

AHH! I miss zebra domes :(

I'm so proud of you for being brave and going to MK alone!!! I probably would have been the same way at first.. then you realize you'll have fun and enjoy yourself and then it gets great :)

Jiko was fantastic, I will definitely be going back there! :thumbsup2

Haha, I was kind of nervous going to a park alone, but it was fun! I'm still not sure I'd want to do a solo trip, but it's nice having all of that freedom for a few hours! :cool1:

Love Jiko!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Isn't it such a beautiful and wonderful restaurant??

Good for you for going on your solo adventure! I'll admit, I've never been in the parks alone, so I probably would have been a bit nervous too, but it sounds like you had a great time!! :goodvibes

I loved Jiko, it's so pretty in there, so elegant! And everything was SO good, I'm so glad we went there!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would be nervous going to the parks alone! I mean, I know Disney is safe, but it's strange waiting at a bus stop when it's so dark out, and you're completely alone, Disney or not! But it was fun, and I'm glad I went! :cool1:

Jiko! Evidently I've never been in the bathroom there because I don't remember the adorable lioness head on the door...just another perfect Disney touch.

As much fun as it is to be at WDW with someone else, I love going in the parks by myself and being able to do whatever I want without having to confer with anyone...Gabriel does NOT like lingering in the shops like I do. It sounds like you had a nice solo adventure, and I think it's lovely that you were able to sit in MK and talk to your sweetie.

Haha, that was one of the first things I noticed when I walked into the bathrooms there, the lion heads! So cute! Everything at AKL reminds me of the Lion King! :thumbsup2

That was the really good thing about being alone, I could take as much time as I wanted in the shops! Brandon gets bored really quickly in the shops and always goes outside to wait for me, so this time, I just took my time whenever I was alone! I didn't do much that night, but it was still fun being there by myself, doing whatever I wanted! :)

This is a cool picture. It turned out great!

Glad you liked Jiko, although signature dining is really lost on kids. What, no chicken nuggets? :rotfl: I've had the steak there and it is amazing. Denny hasn't eaten there yet, so maybe I'll plan his big birthday dinner there for next October!

The first time I went into a park myself I felt a little weird, too! Especially at night. But it is a great feeling to have that unlimited freedom.

Thanks!

Haha, yeah, I guess the signatures aren't really for kids! You should definitely take Denny to Jiko, it's so good! I'm planning on making Brandon go when we are there in December, he's never had any interest in it, but i'm forcing him now that I know how good it is! :thumbsup2

It is weird going to the parks alone, but I did get used to it after a while, and I liked being able to do whatever I wanted, even if it was sit in the same spot for 45 minutes and just people watch! I just love being in the parks so much that I don't really need to do anything sometimes! :thumbsup2

Joining in and all caught up! Glad to know it wasn't as awkward as you thought it might be doing the parks solo...I'd love to do that but have always worried about the same thing. Hope you're feeling better, I cant wait to read more!popcorn::

Welcome, glad you're here! :thumbsup2

Going to the parks alone is weird at first, but you get used to it! It seriously just seemed like every time I'd go on a ride, I would end up near these huge groups of people, and then I'd be standing there, all alone like some dork! :rotfl: Other than that, it was fun!

Thank you! :thumbsup2

great updates. Dinner looks and sounds good.

I know all about swimming too. Claire has that one track mind when it comes to going to the pool too.

Thanks! Dinner was awesome!

Haha, Caitlin really loved her pool time on this trip! It's funny, I can take or leave going in the pool in Disney, but I guess the kids love it! :thumbsup2

Beautiful sunset picture!

I'm not a big meat lover, but I'm kind of obsessed with filet mignon. I also love mac n cheese, so I think I really need to get myself to Jiko!

Do you have the link to your sister's dining report?

I used to be like you and not like to bother people working, until I worked in an arts & crafts store. Helping people was so much more interesting than just standing there or doing some other tasks. I would walk around people and think "PLEASE ask for my help!". So now I don't mind so much asking CMs for help when I need it. I'm still a little shy though.

That's so funny how you feel weird using the single-rider line, but don't mind someone sitting close to you and "using" you as body heat. That would have freaked me out. :rotfl:

Thanks!

Jiko was amazing, you should really go if you love filet! I can't wait to bring Brandon there! Although it's going to be tough now, with Le Cellier being a signature for lunch, having to fit in Cali Grill AND go to Jiko? Lots of signatures on this next trip I guess! I also wanted to do Yachtsman...:scared:

My sister did the live dining report, I don't know if you have ever looked at it, but it's from a bunch of different people that are at Disney now, and they send in dining reviews and this one lady types it up and posts it. So if you go to that, you can find her reviews, but you will have to go back to when we were there, in Feb.! I will look to see what pages her reviews are on, to make it a little easier! :cool1:

I would have asked the CM for help with my ticket, but I just wasn't in the mood to have it be some huge problem! And he was already helping other people so I didn't want to wait...I thought about it but I couldn't be bothered! I guess I should have so I could have went on the Little Mermaid! :confused3

Haha, I know right? I'm just weird, the strangest things bother me, and then something like that I have no problem with! I guess it just has to do with how friendly people are! I just assume in the single rider line people will be annoyed if you sit with them! :rotfl:

Jiko looks really beautiful. I'm a super picky eater so I've been too afraid to try it, but everything looks really yummy!
Good for you, going to the parks alone! I would have been nervous to probably. Once or twice I went to DTD alone but during the day.

That's part of the reason I have avoided Jiko for so long too, I'm really picky, but it was SO good!

Going to the parks alone was fun, I'm not sure I'd want to do it all the time, but once in a while it was nice! :thumbsup2

Great updates again, girls.

Jiko looks awesome; I think that will have to go on the list for a future trip (maybe when we stay at AKL in 2014 with the newlyweds).

I'm not sure I would like being in the parks "solo" after al the years mark and I have been a twosome there. I could do it with a friend, but I don't think by myself.

Great pic as you were waiting to walk onto the ride at the HM.

I wonder why the PeopleMover was down for so long?

Diane, I love that picture of Caitlin in that outfit holding her bear...very cute.

Thanks!

Yes, definitely go to Jiko, it was amazing! Especially if you are staying at AKL, it's so nice to just walk downstairs and go to dinner!

Yeah, it's strange going to parks alone when you are used to going with someone! All this time I thought I'd love a solo trip, but now I'm not so sure! The only way I'd ever do a solo trip now I think, is if Brandon really refused to go and if my sister couldn't come with me, and I was desperate for some Disney in my life! :rotfl:

The Peoplemover was down a lot during our trip, it was always stopping and getting stuck! I guess it was having issues!

I was going to warn you about the FLE stuff, but there was really only one picture, and I think you probably saw it on my IG anyway! The next update I do here will be full of FLE stuff, so I will definitely put up a warning before that one! :thumbsup2

Oh no, don't even worry about it! I actually don't look at pics of it on instagram either. :) I accidentally did once, but that was because it wasn't tagged or captioned. So... yeah! Hahah.

Playing a bit of catch up today =)

I've never eaten at Ghiradelli, but if we ever do, The Gold Rush is going to be the sundae that we wind up getting. There is no better food combo than peanut butter and chocolate.

I love your AKL room!! I think my favorite detail is the Simba/Elephant drawings near the sink.

I know what you mean about being in line alone for Tower of Terror - my husband won't ride it, so I'm ALWAYS walking through by myself.

I love Diane's sassy hat pose, hahaha.

You got some great lion pictures from the safari!

Grand Floridian is so beautiful - I don't know why I've never actually gone inside to see it in person, I've only ever looked at pictures.

I loved some of the prints they had inside the BatB gift shop as well, but like you, the prices kept me from actually getting anything.

Oh no, don't even worry about it! I actually don't look at pics of it on instagram either. :) I accidentally did once, but that was because it wasn't tagged or captioned. So... yeah! Hahah.

Oh, ok good! You know, I tried to avoid seeing a lot of pictures of New Fantasyland before I saw it, but I got curious last October when they were doing previews and I looked at some pictures, BUT they do not compare to actually being there! So don't worry if you have seen some things here and there, you are going to be blown away when you actually walk in there for the first time! :cool1:

Playing a bit of catch up today =)

I've never eaten at Ghiradelli, but if we ever do, The Gold Rush is going to be the sundae that we wind up getting. There is no better food combo than peanut butter and chocolate.

I love your AKL room!! I think my favorite detail is the Simba/Elephant drawings near the sink.

I know what you mean about being in line alone for Tower of Terror - my husband won't ride it, so I'm ALWAYS walking through by myself.

I love Diane's sassy hat pose, hahaha.

You got some great lion pictures from the safari!

Grand Floridian is so beautiful - I don't know why I've never actually gone inside to see it in person, I've only ever looked at pictures.

I loved some of the prints they had inside the BatB gift shop as well, but like you, the prices kept me from actually getting anything.

Yay! I'm still so far behind on so many TR's, it's hard for me to get caught up!! :upsidedow

That sundae at Ghiradelli was amazing! I love peanut butter and chocolate, I really need to try the No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream!

I loved that AKL room, it was so perfect! I loved all the little Lion King details in it!

It's weird going on ToT alone, but I eventually got over it! I have to ride that, so if it has to be alone, so be it! Luckily my husband loves it, but Caitlin refused to ride so I had to go alone on this trip! :rotfl:

OMG you have to go in the Grand Floridian!! The best time to go is around Christmas, with the gingerbread house all set up, but anytime is wonderful, it's just so beautiful in there!! I love it, I have to stay there someday! princess:

Yeah, they have really amazing prints at that shop, but they are pretty expensive! Someday when I win the lottery, I'm going to come to Disney World and buy a ton of Disney art, it's all so amazing!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter