• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Princesses Hit the Parks!-A 2/13 Girls Trip TR!*Update 6/19, pg 23-The End!*

Yes - congrats to Diane for finishing the 1/2 marathon. People always give me props for running on vacation, but to run a race on vacation is a whole other thing. It really is a cool medal, but I think my 1/2 marathon days are over.

Anyway - I appreciated seeing all the pictures from the race. That's really pretty cool.

Bummer about having to cancel the bounce back, but I'm glad you have something else booked instead.

Fun update, but boo to crappy pancakes and long monorail lines.

I love the Grand Flordian too! So graceful and pretty!

I tried to do the couch to 5k too but it was too much! I really want to runa marathon at Disney too! I should really start traning *now...

That medal is amazing! Such a amazing keapsake!*

I totally found this weeks ago and evidently did not subscribe?! I have catching up to do, but I'm here! I love your TRs!

Jen, sorry...I'm not here much anymore. But I enjoyed the update. I've never seen a line like that for the monorail. :scared1: But then we avoid the monorail altogether if we can.

It's fun you could see the runners while you were on the monorail.

Can't beat a five minute wait for Soarin'.

Love Diane's medal. :thumbsup2

That's ok, I'm not here much anymore either! I didn't even notice I had more comments until today! :sad2:

The line for the monorail was insane! I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever go during another marathon or something, if I ever want to be at the end of the race for some reason!

Love not waiting for Soarin'! :dance3:

Isn't that medal pretty? I want one!!

Yes - congrats to Diane for finishing the 1/2 marathon. People always give me props for running on vacation, but to run a race on vacation is a whole other thing. It really is a cool medal, but I think my 1/2 marathon days are over.

Anyway - I appreciated seeing all the pictures from the race. That's really pretty cool.

Bummer about having to cancel the bounce back, but I'm glad you have something else booked instead.

Fun update, but boo to crappy pancakes and long monorail lines.

LOL I want to do a half marathon SOOOO bad, but I have to start with a 5K first! :rotfl2:

It was fun being in the park during a race! I liked seeing all of the runners dressed up like princesses...even guys! :rotfl2:

Thanks! Hopefully this new trip will work out!

Haha, I know right? :sad2:

Joining in!

Yay, welcome! :dance3:

I love the Grand Flordian too! So graceful and pretty!

I tried to do the couch to 5k too but it was too much! I really want to runa marathon at Disney too! I should really start traning *now...

That medal is amazing! Such a amazing keapsake!*

It really is pretty! I'm dying to stay there! :yay:

The couch to 5k is really hard! I'm determined to finish it someday too, and work myself up to a half marathon! :yay:

Isn't it? I really want one of my own!

I totally found this weeks ago and evidently did not subscribe?! I have catching up to do, but I'm here! I love your TRs!

Hiiii!! I thought you abandoned the DIS! :rotfl: How is everything? Glad you're here!! :thumbsup2

Sunday, 2/24, Part 2

When we left off, we had just finished riding Maelstrom and were on our way to Italy for lunch at Via Napoli! We checked in and were seated after waiting just a few minutes! I've been to Via Napoli a few times, but this was Diane and Caitlin's first time here. I really like it, but I was just in the mood for simple pizza, nothing heavy like my usual chicken parm, and it turned out, Diane and Caitlin wanted the same thing, so we just ordered a large to share!

It was fantastic, I love the pizza there! I didn't take any pictures, but I'm sure you guys know what a pizza looks like right? :rotfl2:

We all wanted dessert, so I got the pistachio gelato

which was amazing! I love pistachio gelato, anything pistachio flavored really...although the only other thing I can think of right now is a pistachio muffin but still, love those too! :rotfl:

Diane got the zeppoles and she let me try one, they were really good, but I'm glad I ordered gelato, it was just so yummy! I'm pretty sure Caitlin just got vanilla gelato, she loves her vanilla ice cream!

When we were finished, Diane was ready to head back to the room to rest after her marathon, so she went to the monorail to go back to Bay Lake Tower and Caitlin and I stayed in Epcot! Caitlin wanted to do another Agent P Mission, so we walked over to the next country that had sign up station and signed up! She wanted to do the France mission, so we were off to France!

I had to take a quick picture of Lotso on the way over, he was just so cute! It's so sad that he's evil!

Yay France!

We wandered around France, looking for all of our clues. I tried to let Caitlin figure things out, but I think she realized that I knew where most of the things were in France that she was looking for so she just asked me where to go for everything!

I didn't take pictures of anything in the actual mission, but I did take a ton of pictures in France, since it's one of my favorite areas of Epcot! It's just so pretty!

I don't want to give away anything that happens in the mission, but it is pretty cool at the end! I really love these missions, the only bad thing is, if people are doing them ahead of you, and you see what is going to happen before you get there. I wish there was a way to prevent that, but I guess the only thing you can do is not look! :confused3

When we were finished, we were getting ready to leave and Caitlin saw Aurora in her meeting place and wanted to meet her, and she had no line. So we went to get in line, and sadly, Aurora was meeting her last guest for the moment. I asked Caitlin if she wanted to wait a few minutes for Aurora to come back, but she said no. So we did the next best thing and stalked her, haha!

Caitlin wanted to go to Future World to see if we could ride Test Track one more time and because I promised to buy her a Vinylmation, she wanted to stop in Mouse Gear too! So we walked slowly to Future World, it was so hot and humid that day, I had to take my time! And of course, I had to stop and keep taking pictures!

My fountain!!

We checked the wait time for Test Track and it was way too long, so we went in Mouse Gear to buy a Vinylmation. I think we ended up getting 2, she bought one herself and I bought her one, both Star Wars. We went outside and she got a Princess Leia one, which she already had, so we went inside to trade it. She traded it for some random Vinyl, I honestly have no idea what it was. She also got some green Star Wars person (not Yoda, I can't remember who, I just remember it being a pretty green!) which she kept because I said the color was nice!

Finally we were ready to make our way back to the room. I was really sad because it was the last time I'd be at Epcot on this trip. Usually I end my trips at Epcot at night, but this time it was ending during the day and it was strange. It didn't feel like we should be leaving the next day.

I had to take a few pictures on the way out, if I didn't, I probably would have been crying!

(Just thought you guys might like to know, as I'm writing this update and looking at my Epcot pictures, I'm listening to the Epcot Entrance music loop and I am missing Disney SO much right now, it's crazy. :sad1:)

Finally, we actually really left and went up the monorail ramp. There were a lot of people waiting, so we weren't sure if we would get on this one, but we did. There was a place for Caitlin to sit, so I had her sit while I stood in front of her, and the woman next to her offered her seat to me so I could sit with my "daughter" :rotfl:...I told her no, but she stood up and insisted, so I sat. Hey, I'm not going to argue with you about sitting when I'm hot and tired, that was really nice of her!

We switched to the resort monorail at the TTC, got off at the Contemporary and walked back to Bay Lake Tower. It was so nice being at a monorail resort. Even though I wasn't in love with Bay Lake Tower, it was still so awesome being there and being on the monorail loop. :thumbsup2

Caitlin and I went in the room and tried to rest for a little while. There wasn't too much time to do that though, since we had to pack and shower and get ready for our last park of the trip that night! :sad:

Up next...our last park of the trip!!!

We didn't do any of the Agent P missions but I do agree it is a bummer when there's people ahead of you doing the same one and you see what's going on. Oh well.

I loved being on the monorail loop too! SOOO nice!

I miss Disney too. I wish I was going with my parents on Saturday but no, I still have one week left of school. Boo!

MMMM Via Napoli. I haven't been there in like three years and it's time to make a return trip!

France really is a beautiful pavilion!

Not in love with Bay Lake Tower... a sentence I cannot comprehend. ;)

I LOVE pistachios and pistachio flavored things!!!! That gelato looks yummy!! :)

I love the France pavilion! My dream is to go to France one day!!!!

Too bad TT was a long wait :(

So sad when it's the last time in a beloved park!!

Via Napoli is amazing. I never have room for dessert, but I really want to try some of those zeppoles one of these visits!!

Love your pictures of the France pavilion. I want to try to do one of these missions just to explore more of the pavilions, because I find we really don't do much of that when we are in WS. Hopefully by the time our trip comes around in October, DS will actually be able to understand and appreciate the missions to keep him entertained.

I can only imagine how easy & convenient it would be to stay on the monorail loop, especially with Paxton in his stroller! Too bad the Poly is so darn expensive!! :rotfl:

Hiiii!! I thought you abandoned the DIS! :rotfl: How is everything? Glad you're here!! :thumbsup2

I'm still here!!! It's just kind of hard to read/post when we don't have a trip booked :-( But fortunately, now we do!! I started a PTR if you want to follow along!! I hope you're well :-)

Yummm, when I was in college, I worked at an Indian restaurant that has the most AMAZING pistachio ice cream! We used to sneak little cups from the freezer and eat them in secret behind the bar. :rotfl:
Awww, I hate leaving any park "for the last time," but especially Epcot or MK!!

That gelato looks relish!

Lotso is really cute for having such an evil streak. :rotfl:

Beautiful pictures from Epcot and so sad that it was your last visit.

Very nice of that stranger to give up her seat for you! :goodvibes

I love the Agent P mission! I love seeing all the showcases in a different perspective

After reading your trip report, I am collecting the Vinylmations!:cool1:

Ha! At least Lotso looks like such a nice lovable character! Too bad he's got that sinister streak! I don't recall but did they have that berry scent wafting through the bushes at his topiary? I may be making that up or just old and forgetful. :confused3

We love Via Napoli - especially the pizza. Considering I've only eaten pizza and zeppoles I suppose I'm not able to offer an expert opinion!

Insert sad face for having to say farewell to Epcot.

That gelato looks amazing... I could go for some right now (at 7am!!) haha

I've always wanted to try one of those missions, just for something new. France is such a beautiful pavilion! Love all the pictures!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Mmmmm, I love the pizza from Via Napoli.

That gelato looks really good. One of the things in Italy that was crazy was the insane amount of gelato flavors. I've never seen so many flavors before! Pistachio is one of the really common ones, they have it everywhere.

I love the France area of WS too. So pretty and relaxing. We're going to take the boys on the Agent P mission this year, and I've never done it so I'm super excited!

Just popping my head in to say hi. I normally follow your TR and give a response here and there. When are you guys planning to go in December? I received a pin a few weeks ago for free dining for some dates in December so we booked at POP!

Even though this was supposed to be "fast paced", I feel like it shouldn't be ending already! I actually can't decide which is worse; leaving MK or Epcot for the last time!

we were also in that line for the monorail that morning - we thought we had given ourselves more than enough time to get to Epcot from the Contemporary (we were having breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 0700 that morning) but when the resort monorail pulled in to the TTC I was flabbergasted. Where did all those people come from!! but in the end, it only took about 20 minutes, and we reached Epcot just after rope drop.

We most have done the same as you that morning - Soarin then test track - love no queue for Soarin (I hate that line...) :goodvibes

I look forward to reading the final part of your tale. Its always sad when its over, but you're just a day closer to your next visit :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter