3 Families doin' a Surf & Turf Trip! AKL CL & Dream...Good-Byes

We stayed at Pop once, but didn't see any of it. We arrived at 11:00 pm and next morning checked into WL. I didn't feel like paying WL price for such a late arrival. ;)

Smart! We did this several years ago with our Poly trip...got in late and stayed at AsMo. $90 a night certainly beats $400+ ;)

This time we will arrive late morning unless I get motivated to get up early for the drive up from Lauderdale. So I'll be seeing more of the resort! I just requested to be near parking on 1st floor. We will still have the rental car from Lauderdale until we check into GF. I also want to go over to AoA for lunch or dinner, we went over during our AKL trip to eat and look around. Friend & Ashley both had great meals, I had the Crab burger ( sounds good right?) but hated it. I was so disappointed. It was soggy, yuck. I was expecting a crispy crab cake. So I want to try something else, also the Mermaid section is open, want to look. It wasn't open last time. I would have booked AOA Mermaid room but it was excluded from BB. Boo. So we will just go snoop :-)

This is another resort we want to try...maybe a long weekend. Maybe your meal will be better this go round:thumbsup2

At GF I requested a Marina View, so that should keep me away from the construction. They just re-opened the courtyard pool, and they fenced it :sad1: yuck. Maybe in person it won't look so awful.

Pas will be at GF same time as us, so we are trying for a meet!

YC I requested an upper floor near lobby. We'll see what I get!! We loved BC, so are looking forward to comparing YC to see which side we like best! Ashley is liking the nautical theming and has no idea we are staying at GF too. She still thinks we are booked at POFQ! Can't wait to drive up to GF and see her face!

Yall will have a fabulous time at both resorts!! How can ya not love the GF even when contruction is going on?! Overlooking the marina will be great...I love a water view! Ashley will certainly be surprised when you drive up. However are you keeping that a secret??!! That would kill me! I'll be curious to see what you think about YC since you've stayed at BC. I've never stayed at either...just visited, but they seem so similar.

Looking forward to seeing your Royal Room pics! I want to try those rooms maybe for next January?

I'm almost done with this TR :upsidedow Basically two more post and I'm done! Then it's on to POR :thumbsup2 So glad we tried that resort....really loved it!

Total cliffhanger on your Remy food. :upsidedow I tell you what... you have just about convinced me to try a cruise. Castaway Cay (I'm a little behind in my reading) looks totally amazing and love the idea of just whiling away the day doing nothing sitting in your chairs in the water... minus the fish eating at your fingers. :scared1::scared1:

:rotfl: It really wasn't that bad. And while it might sound extremely lazy...it was GREAT just sitting in the water doing absolutely NOTHING!

Question for you... from what you say do you think there is any advantage to renting the cabanas they have?

If our kids (or the two youngest) were Stephen's age or older, I would totally try to reserve a cabana. It seems like you kind of have the best of both worlds...the beach with extra amenities and privacy. Since we still have to watch Faith and Jesse fairly closely, it wouldn't have been worth the cost. I think floats are included with the cabana and you have someone that comes by to check on you...perhaps to take an order for drinks or something like that. And of course there aren't nearly as many people on the private part of the beach:thumbsup2

Last night of vacation stinks but it has to happen and you might as well celebrate in style, as it appears you did. Your crew looks awesome and ready for a yummy dinner!! :)

PS - can't believe your sis missed the chocolate martini! ;)

:rotfl: I can believe it....all for a FREE coffee!

I have managed to get pretty far behind on your TR, but read through your last couple of updates.

I totally get being 'far behind'....there have been weeks that pass with no Dis time for me :upsidedow

Your pictures of lovely. I can't wait to see Castaway Cay with my own eyes. It really looks amazing.

And Remy - nice! Can't wait to hear what you thought. Nice picture of you and DH on the verandah.

Imagine someone picking coffee over a chocolate martini? :faint: Is that possible? :rotfl2:

Thanks! It will be even better in person!!! And yes...it is possible - coffee over a chocolate martini! :laughing: I'm still giving my sister a hard time about that.

Dinner at Remy looks and sounds amazing! What a treat to have such a high end meal on board a Disney Cruise! Can't wait to hear more about it-you ladies seriously have me considering cruising! :thumbsup2

Dinner looks yummy, minus the lamb :crazy2: not a fan either! That cocktail sounds really good!
I always hate the last day of vacay! Lol. But we always try to book something special to enjoy too.

Your meal looks amazing. WOW! I am not going to try Palo on our cruise because its our first one, but your pictures have me reconsidering now!

Also not a lamb fan, but that does look beautifully plated.

Nice pictures once again.

Hope all is well with you. I know what you mean about neglecting the Dis...sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day. I need to do the next Remy post but I'm too tired :upsidedow Will have to wait.

Thanks so much. Work has just been unpleasant and I was sick for two weeks after coming back from vacation.

I see you put up an update so I'm off to read. :)

Dinner looks beautiful, but since I don't eat red meat I think it would be totally lost on me. Sounds like you had a fabulous evening though. Can't wait to hear about dessert :)

Dinner looks beautiful, but since I don't eat red meat I think it would be totally lost on me. Sounds like you had a fabulous evening though. Can't wait to hear about dessert :)

You don't have to eat red meat...they have lots of options and I know that they work with folks with allergies/dislikes. It's worth trying once!

Jill in CO

Wow! All that food looks so delicious... and you guys clean up pretty nicely too. :upsidedow

Loving the looks of that cocktail cart and the sound of that first drink. Wonder if the recipe is anywhere online.

Totally know what you mean about the accent and I am 100% behind your strategy of smiling and nodding. I could listen to the French say anything.

Also completely relate to having to be perhaps a bit more adventurous in your food choices. I found Victoria & Albert's to be the same way. I ended up surprising myself and liking things I would never EVER have thought I would like.

I'm caught up! School has taken over my life with the end of the semester quickly approaching!!

What beautiful pictures!

Remy looks fantastic!

Goodness gracious I want to go on another cruise!!!!!

You don't have to eat red meat...they have lots of options and I know that they works with folks with allergies/dislikes. It's worth trying once!

Jill in CO

Thanks for this. I had meant to pop in and ask the chefs on my last cruise and then completely forgot. The experience sounds so lovely I'd like to try it if possible.

finally dedicated time to really enjoy your TR, study the pics, awesome! That seems like a lot of food at Remy! I am with you, lamb is not my favorite, one of the few things I don't care for. As for the remainder of your CC visit, your day was just gorgeous - reason enough to book another cruise!:thumbsup2

Wow! The food and drinks ;) look amazing!! What a wonderful experience! And your photos are wonderful, you all look great :goodvibes

I got rid of Photobucket and went to Flickr.

That meal looks so good. I love Kobe beef. The drink looked good.

Heather! So this goes way back to the beginning of your report, but would you recommend Blizzard Beach for us? DD4 is the smallest of us all, I am going to measure her soon. There is a free day for passholders on May 16 when we are planning on AK, and it might be a nice way to cool off. Just thinking it may be super busy though being free right??:rolleyes:

Maybe we are better off just swimming at SAB instead. :confused3 Anyhoo, any thoughts are appreciated!

Dinner at Remy looks and sounds amazing! What a treat to have such a high end meal on board a Disney Cruise! Can't wait to hear more about it-you ladies seriously have me considering cruising!

Maddie would absolutely love a cruise...as well as you and your hubby;) It's very different than WDW - of course - but well worth every penny!!!

Dinner looks yummy, minus the lamb :crazy2: not a fan either! That cocktail sounds really good!
I always hate the last day of vacay! Lol. But we always try to book something special to enjoy too.

I guess we can look at it this way....even when our trip ends, it's already time to start planning another one :laughing:

Your meal looks amazing. WOW! I am not going to try Palo on our cruise because its our first one, but your pictures have me reconsidering now!

Also not a lamb fan, but that does look beautifully plated.

Nice pictures once again.

Thanks! Maybe you should consider doing Palo Brunch...not nearly as time consuming nor dressy. I think it's around $20....or something like that. We tried to book it, but no luck.

Thanks so much. Work has just been unpleasant and I was sick for two weeks after coming back from vacation.

I see you put up an update so I'm off to read. :)

Hope you're back up to par! Sorry to hear about work. That can make for long days. But just think...you have a Disney vacation approaching:thumbsup2

Like Jill said, you would be fine...there's a ton of food!! You wouldn't go hungry...promise.

Wow! All that food looks so delicious... and you guys clean up pretty nicely too. :upsidedow

We can do that every now and then ;)

Loving the looks of that cocktail cart and the sound of that first drink. Wonder if the recipe is anywhere online.

It's online...Google the name and it'll pop up. If I'm not mistaken, the champagne they used was something specific to Disney.

Totally know what you mean about the accent and I am 100% behind your strategy of smiling and nodding. I could listen to the French say anything.

Also completely relate to having to be perhaps a bit more adventurous in your food choices. I found Victoria & Albert's to be the same way. I ended up surprising myself and liking things I would never EVER have thought I would like.

Isn't V&As great??!!! I kinda wish we had done Remy first then did Vicky & Als. It was hard not to compare the two. I TOTALLY enjoyed Remy....don't get me wrong. But V&A had a slight edge. Hard to beat that place!

I'm caught up! School has taken over my life with the end of the semester quickly approaching!!

What beautiful pictures!

Remy looks fantastic!

Goodness gracious I want to go on another cruise!!!!!

Know all about the dreaded end of the semester!!:sad2: I'm trying to finish up, too...that's why I've been neglecting the TR. Good luck with the remaining work!

finally dedicated time to really enjoy your TR, study the pics, awesome! That seems like a lot of food at Remy! I am with you, lamb is not my favorite, one of the few things I don't care for. As for the remainder of your CC visit, your day was just gorgeous - reason enough to book another cruise!:thumbsup2

Maybe your next visit to CC will be the same:thumbsup2 By the next cruise, you should be a pro with your new camera! I expect LOTS of pics!!! No excuses!

Wow! The food and drinks ;) look amazing!! What a wonderful experience! And your photos are wonderful, you all look great :goodvibes

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I got rid of Photobucket and went to Flickr.

That meal looks so good. I love Kobe beef. The drink looked good.

So how is Flickr compared to Photobucket???

Heather! So this goes way back to the beginning of your report, but would you recommend Blizzard Beach for us? DD4 is the smallest of us all, I am going to measure her soon. There is a free day for passholders on May 16 when we are planning on AK, and it might be a nice way to cool off. Just thinking it may be super busy though being free right??:rolleyes:

Maybe we are better off just swimming at SAB instead. :confused3 Anyhoo, any thoughts are appreciated!

Hmmmm.....do your kids enjoy the water? A little? A lot?? Faith and Stephen are good swimmers. Jesse is just ok. If I'm not mistaken, he wore his life jacket most of the time (life jackets provided there) The family ride was way cool...great for all ages. There really was lots to do for the little ones. If you get there early, you should be able to get lots done. I think we did everything by lunch. It was pretty crowded by lunch time but nothing unbearable. If it's free...check it out :laughing: Blizzard Beach is just really a neat place....not like your basic water park. I would totally go back. In fact, we're already planning to try Typhoon Lagoon on our next big trip. One of the 2 water parks will be a must-do from now on when we visit during the summer.

Very true Heather! It does take some if the sting out of leaving knowing we have the next trip in the works! Is it August yet :laughing:

Heather,

I have been reading along but got behind for a while. I just went back to the begining and wanted to tell you how awesome the pictures are. Both the ones that you took and the ones that were taken on the Dream. The one in the beginning of the TR of your whole family is wonderful!:cheer2: How nice to be able to have a picture of the whole family together. I take a lot of pictures on our trips and try to get up early and sneak out like you do. I'm not as successful getting out alone as you are, one of mine is an early riser but she has become my partner in crime!:lmao: Hey, we tell the other two..you snooze, you lose!

Hope you are having a great end of school year and looking forward to the summer!

Christine

Also chiming in later than I should have. Back when you first started this thread and posted about your AKL stay I think on the Concierge thread, it really convinced my wife and I to finally take the plunge and stay at AKL, something we wanted to do for years and never did. Your pictures and descriptions really convinced us. Well, WE LOVED IT. We even decided to add on a resale AKL DVC contract so we'll have lots of stays in the future. :thumbsup2

Aside from AKL, I still read the DCL posts, even though we had zero intention of taking another cruise anytime in the near future, and if we did, it likely would have been NCL. Well, now because of various happenings, my wife is looking to do some work from home as a Disney TA, and you really need to have gone on a Disney cruise to book those. So, it's not the Dream, but we're on her sister ship, the Fantasy, in September, in the same room category (4C), so now I'm re-reading all those posts again. :) I might be jumping ahead, but did you do Palo for lunch or dinner? If so did you like it?

Thanks again for putting all the time you have into this thread!

So, are you done with school yet? :teacher: since you start soooooo early I figure you must be. Have you gotten to the POR part of the trip yet? It's almost time for the next one isn't it:rotfl2:
I leave Aug 7 for Florida and make it up to wdw aug 17. Of course you'll prob be back to school by then. But we will agree not to utter THAT :crazy2: word thru the summer till Sept when I have to go back :rolleyes1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter