3 Families doin' a Surf & Turf Trip! AKL CL & Dream...Good-Byes

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by hstrickland, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Sweetpeamd

Sweetpeamd Mouseketeer

Gracious, I got behind!!!! Great posts about CC! It looks so beautiful. I always have imagined that it would be just packed with people but it didn't look that crowded. Were there rows of lounge chairs on the beach or do you request a chair when you get there? Do they have umbrellas, too?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

If you're a beach lover like me, then two days is perfect. When we go back again, I would like to rent bikes and ride around the island...we just didn't have time to do that, too. Disney does this on purpose, ya know...too much to do, so you have to return! :rolleyes:

I know what you mean...I really want to do another cruise, but then I really want to go back to WDW for an extended stay - like 7+ days. Decisions, decisions! If only money grew on trees! :laughing: I would like to go out to DisneyLand, but the airfare alone makes me cringe. We're spoiled living so close to WDW and being able to drive. Airfare plus the actual trip equals big big bucks.

Happy Planning ;)

The weather here is getting really nice!...74 degrees and sunny today :beach: I might have to put on my bathing suit and go outside and read a book. I'm looking forward to some beach time at Hilton Head...hopefully next month. It's still a bit cool for the beach now, but April and May...perfect!

You have a trip coming up very soon!!! How nice!! Bet you're looking forward to time away with the hubby :thumbsup2

Hey there! :wave2: Well...it can get packed with people :laughing: but nothing really crazy. Those pictures were taken fairly early in the day...mid-morning. There are tons of lounge chairs and umbrellas...first-come, first-serve. So as you can guess, I was there first :laughing: We really didn't use them much; we only used them as a storage space. We ended up dragging some of the chairs to the water and just hung out there. CC is much bigger than I thought it would be...not sure what I was anticipating, but it exceeded my expectations!

4. DisneyDoc5

DisneyDoc5 Making memories...

Really good pics Heather - you have an eye for composition!;) Living vicariously through your CC pics since we did not get to experience CC due to hurricane Sandy! The parasailing looks like a blast, might have to try that!

Have a great Sunday! My continuous coughing prevented us from going to church, I'm sure no one would want me by them!:crazy2:

5. jwwi

jwwi DIS Veteran

Excellent pictures Heather. What a beautiful day! Is the food you eat on the island covered as part of the cruise too?

6. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Loving the pictures! (as usual :) )

7. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

It looks so beautiful. Unfortunately we are are not going anymore. Doing Aruba in May and then Disney 2 weeks in December. I am okay with it, another time.

Loving your pics.

8. hstrickland

Thanks! :goodvibes Wish I had time to learn more about the actual camera...one day when things slow down (that's a joke, right??!!) Maybe you'll have better luck on your next cruise and actually get to put your feet on CC ;)

Hopefully I'll get this TR finished this week since we're on Spring Break:upsidedow

Thanks! All the food at Cookies BBQ is included, and there is plenty of it!! If you want a "drink", that's extra. I wasn't expecting the food to be all that great, but to my surprise it wasn't bad at all.

:goodvibes Thanks, Pam!

I think I would be ok with Aruba, too :laughing: And 2 weeks at WDW ain't bad either ;) Enjoy!!!

9. hstrickland

Day 9
    Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay :beach:

Bill and I were able to sneak away for a short bit while the kids were actively engaged at Scuttle’s Cove. When we were waiting for the tram, we spotted this guy….

[​IMG]

Riding over to SB, I noticed several markers for the 5K. It also appeared that we were riding on a runway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because we didn’t have much time at Serenity Bay, there were no bike trips for us. Next time…this is something I want to do for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The theme was really quite neat (and no shock…it’s Disney ;)) They went to great lengths to create the perfect “castaway” island.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This part of CC is much like the family section…just a smaller version….and NO children ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cabanas looked quite relaxing. I can so envision myself having a massage while listening to the ocean....maybe in 10 years when the kids are grown :scratchin

[​IMG]

It was a bit strange not seeing or hearing any children...

[​IMG]

Just one of the many birds on the island…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..….peace and quiet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well…all good things must come to an end:rolleyes:. And so it must be…time to return. :wave2:

[​IMG]

Up next.....the last of Castaway Cay, then it's dinner at Remys!!

10. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Oh my...it looks so peaceful and empty there :beach: WOW!!

So does this mean we will har about Faith's birthday surprise at POR soon...:hyper:

11. AvasMommy526

AvasMommy526 Mouseketeer

Such a beautiful island! Everyone in my family agrees, a Disney cruise is in our future! Serenity bay looks so so peaceful! We went to Blue Lagoon island and the whole place is wonderful but I took a little walk and found an area that was just secluded and just open the beautiful ocean, I was all alone and just took it all in for a little while. Love those moments! :goodvibes

PS I think I have been misleading in my comments lol..... I'm not pregnant. I meant someday in the future after we have another baby lol! We did find out with Ava, I just had to know! I think its so cool when people choose to be surprised, maybe next time :)

12. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Beautiful pics! :thumbsup2

13. hstrickland

It was peaceful...and empty. However (some fans will hate me for saying this ;)) I think the family beach has a bit more charm and is actually prettier. But that's just me :goodvibes

And yes!! I have got to finish this TR!!!! :crazy: Maybe by the time you get back from your trip, it will be completed. Are you excited or what??!! And are you packed?? :laughing:

:rotfl: Funny! That's how rumors get started. Maybe you can go on a cruise sooner than I thought :laughing: Once Ava hits 3...she's fair game for the Oceanear's Club ;)

Thanks a million! :goodvibes

14. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

I asked Ed if he wanted me to book it but he said no. Of course, now it's all sold out.

Your pictures are pretty as always! I may have to check Reid into the club for a bit to go see the adult beach. It seems so nice there.

15. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Alright, girlfriend...you have a week to wrap it up :hug:...Packed :rotfl2: Have we met?? :rotfl: Leaving Wednesday afternoon:banana: last time we left on our trip at 230p..I packed when 2ish :faint:

16. hstrickland

Day 9
    ...more Castaway Cay :beach:

Yes…there are more pictures. I warned everyone at the beginning of these CC posts :rolleyes1 However, these are the final pics of this adventure filled island.

Time to pick up the kiddos from Scuttle’s Cove! (again…a very cool area for the kids) When we were disembarking from the tram, we spotted this happy couple! As I held the camera to my eye to get some pics, they started waving. Everyone yelled congrats, and the newlyweds grinned from ear to ear…still waving!

[​IMG]

Then, look who strolled out….

[​IMG]

Immediately, Goofy started acting “goofy”….almost to the point of crazy. Just a guess, but could this possibly be the inebriated Goofy from the ship’s atrium :scratchin

[​IMG]

Just a few more scenic shots of the island…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before jumping in the water, I had to quickly snap a few shots of the private cabanas. I did try to reserve one of these but they were all booked….and booked WAY in advance, I might add.

[​IMG]

I was so wanting to sneak in and see if these would be worth the money…but I refrained.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It appears that each cabana has its own supply of floats...

[​IMG]

…and if you or your children aren’t strong swimmers….no worries. There are lifeguards by the dozen! :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

…and lifejackets for everyone…..and floats for the parents (rented, of course).

[​IMG]

Notice the crowds aren’t too bad, yet….plenty of room to relax and enjoy the crystal clear waters.

[​IMG]

I was getting a bit thirsty, so I decided to see if lunch/drinks were ready….and they were. It’s really no need to buy soft drinks from the bar since Cookies BBQ has free drinks during most of the day (I forget what time they become available)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now for lunch….

[​IMG]

Continued to next post….

17. hstrickland

Continued from previous post…

After lunch, it was more 'relaxing' for the adults and swimming for the kids.

[​IMG]

…and this is what “relaxing” looks like! Sitting in the cool water doing NOTHING! :cool2:

[​IMG]

As I started looking around for Jesse, I noticed he appeared to be on a mission....a real shocker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you care to guess what he’s looking for???

[​IMG]

FISH!

[​IMG]

It was the oddest thing….these fish would hover underneath our floats and chairs while we sat in the water and occasionally nibble on our fingers.

Stephen finally decided to join the family again after hours of being MIA (not really…at the tween activities) Of course it didn’t last long. After 30 minutes or so, he was gone again.

[​IMG]

Pop and Faith decided to view the fish with the proper gear…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was almost time to start heading back to the ship….we have a big evening planned – dinner at REMY!! Check out the crowds now! Actually it looks much worse than it is. I never felt crowded at all.

[​IMG]

First stop….

[​IMG]

This is where we found Stephen hanging out….

[​IMG]

Jesse found something of interest, too.

[​IMG]

And what Disney Cruiser doesn’t have this picture??!!

[​IMG]

Just a couple more scenic shots :teeth: then I promise I'm finished with the pictures (of Castaway Cay)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pop found this…not sure where it’s located.

[​IMG]

Before boarding, we stopped for a quick good-bye with Lilo and Stitch.

[​IMG]

….the kids are just a little tired.

[​IMG]

And it’s finally time to say farewell to the island. While I was excited about dinner at Remy, I was a kinda sad….I knew it would be some time before I was back at Castaway Cay :(

[​IMG]

This was probably the best day of the cruise (for me)!!! I couldn’t have asked for better weather, and the entire family made memories for a lifetime.

Up next….a dining experience at Remy!

18. jwwi

jwwi DIS Veteran

Such beautiful pictures of CC. You all look like you really enjoyed your time there.

19. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

I love Castaway Cay...such a wonderful place! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Remy. I loved it on the Fantasy in October and booked a 4 night on the Dream so I could celebrate my birthday at Remy in October!

Jill in CO

20. WDWaddictt

WDWaddictt DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures! Loved the fresh fruit display ...beautiful carvings.

21. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Nice photography....nice island...I CAN'T WAIT!!! Thanks for the update Heather! :goodvibes