• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Families doin' a Surf & Turf Trip! AKL CL & Dream...Good-Byes

That spa sounds heavenly! :goodvibes I would love to do that! It looks so relaxing.

The Aqua Duck also looks super fun!! I'm glad you caught them coming down the slide! That's a great picture!

One other question and Ihope you don't mind....what did you tip them? Were there 2 girls? Thanks for letting me know!

As of the last 24 hours...we are Pop the 1st night then WL CL :cheer2:

Oh Heather, that spa time sounds WONDERFUL...and I know the feeling when "you have to get the kids" :crazy2::rotfl2:

All that relaxation....just a memory :rotfl:

:laughing: I had a sneaky feeling that it would have to be CL...you can't go to WDW without that:rolleyes1 Yall will have such a great time...and it's just you and some of the RC girls, right?! Any kids??? Fun times are ahead:thumbsup2

Y'alls time at the spa sounds heavenly! I don't know if I could convince Ed to do that. :scratchin And what a great idea to do it on the CC day! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping Reid will be tall enough to ride the AquaDuck in June. He only needs to grow about 1 more inch!

He only has to be 40 inches, right? I think originally it was 42 then they changed it. Maybe I dreamed that...who knows?! Reid will get there. Wish I had done it. Just get there early or you'll have a ridiculous line to wait in. They actually closed the Aqua Duck several times on the cruise because of weather/winds.

That spa sounds heavenly! :goodvibes I would love to do that! It looks so relaxing.

The Aqua Duck also looks super fun!! I'm glad you caught them coming down the slide! That's a great picture!

You and your mom will have to bite the bullet and take a Disney cruise...maybe yall can do the one that leaves from NY. Not sure where it actually goes, but it's a Disney Cruise;)

One other question and Ihope you don't mind....what did you tip them? Were there 2 girls? Thanks for letting me know!

No worries! I love questions...that's what TRs are for:thumbsup2 Yep...2 girls. If I remember correctly, I think we tipped them at least 15% if not a little more, and that's together...not individually. I will go ahead and warn you...at the very end, they will try and sell you the skin products (lotions, gels, etc.) If you don't want to go through that entire process, just tell them when you get to the spa that you aren't interested in buying anything. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but someone told us that the people at the spa are not employeed by Disney....what they make on tips is all they get....who knows:confused3

Can't wait to hear what you think about the whole experience! You'll have to let us know. The cruise will be here before you know it!!!!

:laughing: I had a sneaky feeling that it would have to be CL...you can't go to WDW without that:rolleyes1 Yall will have such a great time...and it's just you and some of the RC girls, right?! Any kids??? Fun times are ahead:thumbsup2

This is an a Pas Princess trip I snuck in (DHs idea , weird) So it's Myself and DD8, DD6, DD5...January is the RC Girls trip....I'm bring DS11 for that one..we are at ASSp

Oh and I ch-changed Pop to AoA LM this am...for one night...then off to WL CL :woohoo:

Enchanted Garden
Day 6

(some information was taken from the WDW website)

Before heading to dinner, we spotted several of the characters….time for some photos! Notice Jesse’s painted face. This transpired in the Oceaneer’s Club. He said he was disguised as an airplane and refused to take it off:confused3

DDR-120625-MM_Formal_8x10-243969_zpsdc4732c7.jpg

DSC00705_zps32241ba4.jpg

Just FYI…the characters are out before and after dinner….so you’ll have plenty of time to get photographs.

Enchanted Garden is a large-sized, Main Dining restaurant located on Deck 2, Midship. Inspired by the picturesque gardens of Versailles, Enchanted Garden boasts a market-inspired menu of mouthwatering flavors from around the world for breakfast, lunch and dinner—and a wondrous environment that magically transforms from day to night over the course of the dining experience.

DSC_6264_zps2daaa3d0.jpg

With lush greenery and a magnificent blue sky overhead, Enchanted Garden invites Guests to dine in a serene splendor that recalls an elegant conservatory amid the foothills in France. Adding to the idyllic atmosphere are custom-glass flower light fixtures that suspend overhead, white trellises, ornamental light posts and—at the center of the restaurant—a delightful 7-foot tall cascading fountain, home to a fanciful stone cherub Mickey Mouse.

eg_zpsff855967.jpg

e2_zpsa94b0217.jpg

Dining at Enchanted Garden means you can expect something magical to happen. During the course of the day, the restaurant's sweeping ceiling changes from a brilliant blue daytime color into the golden red of a setting sun, finally transforming into a captivating nighttime constellation of twinkling stars. Additionally, flower light fixtures "bloom" and become bathed in color, decorative wall sconces fall away to become folding fans, wall paintings project a dusky illumination and the centerpiece fountain is flooded with shimmering light.

5381922125_c6bcce225e_b_zps06c4c21b.jpg

5382526068_2d9103068e_b_zps1825f556.jpg

The dress code for dinner at Enchanted Garden changes daily. Check the Personal Navigator for more information while onboard. However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts while dining for dinner.

Throughout the evening, one of the Cruise Photographers will make their way through the dining room capturing family photos for you to take home…..some good….some not (the nots will be later)

DDR-120625-EnGarden_8x10-248557_zpsbc830999.jpg

DDR-120625-EnGarden_8x10-248554_zps28923c31.jpg

We had a nice table, not in the middle of the dining room, over to the side….

DSC_6267_zps43d80829.jpg

Bill and Sean wanted a glass of wine with dinner, so our server suggested ordering a bottle instead. If it’s not finished, you can have it the next evening….a bit cheaper this way.

DSC02777_zps133e6f9b.jpg

Because 11 of us were eating, I completely and totally forgot what each of us had….no descriptions of the food, only pictures:rolleyes:….sorry

We start with the appetizers……soups, salads, etc.

DSC00718_zpsc2c92502.jpg

DSC00720_zps04da5cb4.jpg

DSC_6272_zps46cc08e0.jpg

DSC_6273_zps9c0da2aa.jpg

DSC_6270_zpsa382f08d.jpg

Continued to next post…..

Continued from previous post...

The photographer made his way around once again&..capturing some more interesting moments. Too bad Faith has food on her face!:sad2:

DDR-120625-EnGarden_8x10-248548_zps05b93b6d.jpg

DDR-120625-EnGarden_8x10-248550_zps9426a571.jpg

Time for the main course (not sure if everything is a main course :confused3&)

Ma Hopie decided that she wanted scallops with her meal....so, our waiter brought some!

DSC00725_zps9b171ae2.jpg

DSC_6276_zps9dfe8678.jpg

DSC02774_zpse198875e.jpg

The kids were getting a little squirrely&.but thats to be expected! It is late&.

DSC00706_zpsd8f29466.jpg

The assistant waitress entertained the kids with a few magic tricks&

DSC_6279_zps10d8cc5f.jpg

Then she was polite enough to help Jonah along with his meal&.he wasnt interested in eating at all! Too much going on!

DSC00721_zps50ab78ab.jpg

Another excellent shot:rolleyes1 ....Jesse is ready once again for dessert (my favorite part of the meal!)

DDR-120625-EnGarden_8x10-248549_zps73267421.jpg

DSC_6278_zps46b3bed8.jpg

Are these desserts not beautiful!!???

DSC02785_zpsa592cb69.jpg

DSC00726_zps6d65bba8.jpg

For the kids...

DSC02783_zps475b84a4.jpg

Jesse wanted his usual...it's never a pretty sight when he eats. I keep thinking the older he gets, the better it will get. So far this hasn't proven true.:sad2:

DSC02781_zps1e5a4968.jpg

DSC02782_zps9cb9cd62.jpg

DSC02786_zps8aa75b4d.jpg

After our most delicious meal, the kids spotted the characters once again...so you guessed it...more pictures before retiring to our suites.

DSC_6280_zpsc6d9931c.jpg

DDR-120625-MM_Formal_8x10-250970_zps3307fadd.jpg

Upon arrival to our cabins, we found once again that the towel animals were there to greet us!

DSC_6283_zps5e8d2bdb.jpg

DSC_6282_zps043d02ab.jpg

Up next, a day in Nassau!

Look at that LONG table, filled with one AWESOME family :goodvibes

will return to checkup on the second post and more yummy pics

[/QUOTE]Can't wait to hear what you think about the whole experience! You'll have to let us know. The cruise will be here before you know it!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for getting back to me....I actually just started my PTR.....1st one ever and just learning as I go so if you have any insight, please let me know....1 thing I don't know how to do is quote only a small part of what someone says to respond to it....how do you do it???? :confused3

DS11 still is a mess everytime he eats Heather :rotfl:

That chocolate cake looks delicioso :)

Dinner looked great! With each and every update you make me want to be right back on the ship! Glad the kids were having fun :)

Wow that food looks delish! And my middle lovely DD is exactly the same when she eats. I am thinking she may be related to your DS!! :rotfl: She is our little "food face"! We say she eats with her cheeks!:goodvibes

When my youngest just saw the picture of Minnie in her white dress she said "Oh....she looks booteeful!!"

Love all the family photos from dinner! And Jesse cracks me up with his ice cream all of his face. :goodvibes

Look at that LONG table, filled with one AWESOME family :goodvibes

will return to checkup on the second post and more yummy pics

Thanks! We're very blessed to have an awesome family:goodvibes Hopefully the little ones will feel the same one day.

DS11 still is a mess everytime he eats Heather :rotfl:

That chocolate cake looks delicioso :)

Great:upsidedow.....6 more years of food on the floor, stained clothes....people staring :laughing:

Thanks for getting back to me....I actually just started my PTR.....1st one ever and just learning as I go so if you have any insight, please let me know....1 thing I don't know how to do is quote only a small part of what someone says to respond to it....how do you do it???? :confused3

I'll PM you and give you the instructions...don't mind at all. Over the years, I've had plenty of help from other Disers...that's the only way I got it. Good luck with your first PTR!!:goodvibes The more you do, the more you learn...not hard. I'll jump over there and check it out tonight.

Dinner looked great! With each and every update you make me want to be right back on the ship! Glad the kids were having fun :)

Me too!!! I need to stop looking at all our photos:rolleyes: Erin (DisneyDoc) sets sail tomorrow on the Fantasy. I'm so excited for them...can't wait to see all the pictures! I'll be steady by my phone waiting for pics!!

Wow that food looks delish! And my middle lovely DD is exactly the same when she eats. I am thinking she may be related to your DS!! :rotfl: She is our little "food face"! We say she eats with her cheeks!:goodvibes

When my youngest just saw the picture of Minnie in her white dress she said "Oh....she looks booteeful!!"

Glad you feel my pain...and I thought it was a boy thing:rotfl: Let's not ever set our two up on a date when they're older! Can you imagine the mess :laughing:!!!

Love all the family photos from dinner! And Jesse cracks me up with his ice cream all of his face. :goodvibes

God thought it was funny when he gave us Jesse....like I've been told numerous times, this will be the child that takes care of us in our old age ;) I didn't realize that your cruise was only 7 months away! That's really not that far off...have you been hot on the cruise boards??!! Reading every detail??!!

God thought it was funny when he gave us Jesse....like I've been told numerous times, this will be the child that takes care of us in our old age ;) I didn't realize that your cruise was only 7 months away! That's really not that far off...have you been hot on the cruise boards??!! Reading every detail??!!

Jesse seems like quite the fun little character! He's going to keep y'all young!

Now that we're back from "the World", I'm slowly starting to get into the groove of cruise planning. I've been going to the cruise boards more & more this week. I think because cruising is not our normal "thing", it makes me feel out of my element and sometimes I get overwhelmed. It's mainly just trying to decide on what to do in the ports that makes me anxious. The good thing is that my aunt & uncle have decided to come with us & they've been to these ports before. Well, except for Castaway Cay. This will be their first Disney cruise. And I'm anxiously awaiting Southwest to release more airfare dates. :scared:

The aquaduck pics are amazing! Looks like so much fun - I hope Willow is tall enough by August!

OMG - the Jesse/Hook pictures are KILLING ME!!! :rotfl2:

Wow - the spa looks and sounds amazing. I wish I could talk myself into it, but I don’t like to be touched. :confused3 :laughing: Spas make me tense! :rotfl2:

What the heck? Your dinner posts weren't showing up when I posted just now. And suddenly they are here, and it is clear that you posted long before I started reading. :confused3

Anyway, dinner looked great - the Jesse pictures are AWESOME! :rotfl2: Love the characters. :lovestruc

The aquaduck pics are amazing! Looks like so much fun - I hope Willow is tall enough by August!

I just looked on the DCL website last night to see the required height. If they ride with someone, they only have to be 42". To ride alone, they must be at least 7 years old and 54".

I just looked on the DCL website last night to see the required height. If they ride with someone, they only have to be 42". To ride alone, they must be at least 7 years old and 54".

Thanks Amanda. I am pretty sure she will make the 42 - she is almost there (at almost 6 years old :rolleyes:). Since she doesn't know we are cruising, she is totally focused on reaching the cut-off for Expedition Everest. That is somewhat less likely....... :laughing:

(BTW, I do realize that 42 inches means that I have to do it too. And, yes, I am totally choosing to block that out right now. :rolleyes1)

Great photos from dinner! The ice cream/Jesse one is hilarious! You parents are very photogenic, lovely pictures of them.

How cute is fancy Minnie?! I think I'd want my photo taken with her!

Dinner looks yummy, but the desserts look even better!

Jesse seems like quite the fun little character! He's going to keep y'all young!

So ya say :laughing: At 40, most of my friends have kids that are older...we got started a little late:upsidedow We'll have lots of stories to tell when Jesse is married and has his own kids!

Now that we're back from "the World", I'm slowly starting to get into the groove of cruise planning. I've been going to the cruise boards more & more this week. I think because cruising is not our normal "thing", it makes me feel out of my element and sometimes I get overwhelmed. It's mainly just trying to decide on what to do in the ports that makes me anxious. The good thing is that my aunt & uncle have decided to come with us & they've been to these ports before. Well, except for Castaway Cay. This will be their first Disney cruise. And I'm anxiously awaiting Southwest to release more airfare dates. :scared:

Erin (DisneyDoc) is boarding the Fantasy today! She'll have lots of info for you when she returns...she's a travel agent, too, so I'm sure she's taking lots of notes;) This is their first Disney cruise. I am totally like you....very comfortable with WDW plans, but completely out of my element with the cruise thing. As you know, there's so much to do on those ships. You can't possibly see it all. Are yall going to have connecting rooms? I'm guessing yall will be flying and not driving? Are you flying in the day before??

OMG - the Jesse/Hook pictures are KILLING ME!!! :rotfl2:

Wow - the spa looks and sounds amazing. I wish I could talk myself into it, but I don’t like to be touched. :confused3 :laughing: Spas make me tense! :rotfl2:

:rolleyes1 Ya might want to forgo the spa, then :laughing: Spend your money on another indulgence!

What the heck? Your dinner posts weren't showing up when I posted just now. And suddenly they are here, and it is clear that you posted long before I started reading. :confused3

Anyway, dinner looked great - the Jesse pictures are AWESOME! :rotfl2: Love the characters. :lovestruc

Let me tell ya...Photobucket is REALLY ticking me off:mad: For some reason there has been a long delay on edited pictures showing up. In fact, some of the pics still aren't showing the edited version. I've contacted them twice...never had this issue until they went to a new format.

Thanks Amanda. I am pretty sure she will make the 42 - she is almost there (at almost 6 years old :rolleyes:). Since she doesn't know we are cruising, she is totally focused on reaching the cut-off for Expedition Everest. That is somewhat less likely....... :laughing:

(BTW, I do realize that 42 inches means that I have to do it too. And, yes, I am totally choosing to block that out right now. :rolleyes1)

Not sure why I thought it was 40 inches...but yall are right...42. Last year they changed it from 48 to 42. Maybe that's where I got confused. They were fairly strict, too, with the age and height thing. I asked why Stephen and Faith couldn't ride together and he said that there has to be enough weight in the tube or it will get stuck. At one point, Stephen couldn't even ride by himself:confused3 Not sure what was going on....they were only taking 2 passenger tubes.

And yes, Roni....this does mean you HAVE to ride :teeth:

Great photos from dinner! The ice cream/Jesse one is hilarious! You parents are very photogenic, lovely pictures of them.

How cute is fancy Minnie?! I think I'd want my photo taken with her!

Dinner looks yummy, but the desserts look even better!

Thanks! They are a great couple...of course I'm a little partial;) Mom's favorite character is Minnie. Isn't it funny how adults love having their pictures taken with the characters...or at least we do :laughing: Some non-Disney people don't get it:snooty: ...too bad for them...:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter