3 Families doin' a Surf & Turf Trip! AKL CL & Dream...Good-Byes

Castaway Cay looks amazing.

My DH wants to do a cruise when we are there next year but as it is an all the family hoiday, I don't want to take 4 days out to do one. Very tempted to go 4 days EARLIER than everyone else to do the cruise first though.......:rolleyes1

You have a new ticker! Happy planning!

Your pictures make me excited to be back at Castaway Cay! So sad that I just got back from WDW today & I'm already looking forward to the next vacation. :lmao: Looks like the kids were having fun!

So...how was it??!! Great, I'm sure. And just think, if you didn't have another vacation to plan, you really would be sad;) Can't wait to hear about your trip.

We just loved Castaway Cay !! We were so lucky to be on a "double dip"so got to go twice. We did the Stingray Excursion as well and we really enjoyed it. It was nice clear day with little wind, so we could see really well. I can't wait to go back !!!

Our second day at CC was better (not that the 1st was bad)....weather was absolutely perfect!!! We really enjoyed having 2 days there. If we do another cruise, I'll look for something similar.

Great update!! Castaway Cay is beautiful, I can't wait to get there someday!
I have to agree about the slide way out there though! Seems like a lot for young (and older ;)) children! The sting ray encounter looks neat but honestly I'm with Stephen, I would be nervous with them just all around too, I like them in the pools at SeaWorld where the can just "pet" them :rotfl:
The slide is super cool, BUT a little too far out. I'm not ever sure that the kids did it on the second day at CC....Faith said it was too much work:rolleyes: Can't really blame her. I didn't want to swim out there either.

Castaway Cay looks amazing.

My DH wants to do a cruise when we are there next year but as it is an all the family hoiday, I don't want to take 4 days out to do one. Very tempted to go 4 days EARLIER than everyone else to do the cruise first though.......:rolleyes1

You have a new ticker! Happy planning!

Earlier sounds good:thumbsup2 Is there such a thing as too much Disney??!! Bill says he likes the cruise better than the World....so be careful :laughing: your hubby might do the same thing! And yep...new ticker...but look how far out the date is!:crazy2: Hopefully I don't get cold feet and revert back to the MK resorts. We've never tried the EP resorts, so I'm trying to hold steady with BWV or maybe BCV....have to give them a try...at least once.

So...how was it??!! Great, I'm sure. And just think, if you didn't have another vacation to plan, you really would be sad;) Can't wait to hear about your trip.

We had a really good trip! The weather was unbelievably hot though. :eek: I have to say that I'm really glad Ed convinced me to keep the Fantasy cruise for next year. I'm really looking forward to it!! And now my aunt & uncle (who we love spending time with) are coming with us. So, it should be lots of fun!

I just started my TR last night. If you have the time, I'd love to have you along! The link is in my signature. :goodvibes

How was your trip? Didn't you go to AKL in August or September?

It was a different kind of trip. Still good, but I took my DB and SiL and I'm not used to traveling with people who are not on the same page as I am. The second we left I wanted to be back again. Thankfully the next trip isn't that far off. You're so sweet to remember :)

I'm back!! Had a lot of caching up to do with cruise portion of your trip!
Got back from WDW Sept 3, OUR schools start Sept 4 this year. Always the day after labour Day :goodvibes Had our Canadian Thanksgiving. Finally finished unpacking from trip last weekend :faint: can you believe it? Now I'm thinking I should be packing stuff like capris etc for our Jan trip before I pack away all my summer clothing :rotfl2:
We loved AKL CL :thumbsup2

As usual your Cruise TR was great! Don't think I'd be in a hurry to jump in with the stingrays :eek:

Now counting down to our Jan WDW trip. Tomorrow is double digits! Trying out FQ for the first time! 10 nights. Already thinking of where we want to stay in Aug. Would like to go back to BC, if a decent discount comes out. Loved the area and resort.

FYI....Photobucket finally fixed my Castaway Cay pictures...much better now! Not sure what the problem was. Hopefully the next post won't do the same thing!:crazy2:

:car:monorail silver! RIP Ferrari Van!:littleangel:

(inside joke -couldn't resist:hyper:)

:rotfl: Let's hope the Ferrari Van goes to a good home...she's most deserving. I even kind of miss her. Remind me to tell you sometimes about Stephen. He didn't want to sell it:confused3

We had a really good trip! The weather was unbelievably hot though. :eek: I have to say that I'm really glad Ed convinced me to keep the Fantasy cruise for next year. I'm really looking forward to it!! And now my aunt & uncle (who we love spending time with) are coming with us. So, it should be lots of fun!

I just started my TR last night. If you have the time, I'd love to have you along! The link is in my signature. :goodvibes

I'm there!!!! Today!!!!:thumbsup2

It was a different kind of trip. Still good, but I took my DB and SiL and I'm not used to traveling with people who are not on the same page as I am. The second we left I wanted to be back again. Thankfully the next trip isn't that far off. You're so sweet to remember :)

Glad you had a nice trip. I totally get what you mean about traveling with other people. It's hard when they don't 'travel' like you. My family (parents included) are super early risers...not many of our friends/family would enjoy our vacation style while at WDW. Sometimes it's just easier to go without others;) I tell my sister all the time that she would hate going to WDW with us. They like to take it easy on vacations....me, on the other hand...it's Rope Drop or die :laughing: Maybe your next trip will be better! You have something to look forward to.

I'm back!! Had a lot of caching up to do with cruise portion of your trip!
Got back from WDW Sept 3, OUR schools start Sept 4 this year. Always the day after labour Day :goodvibes Had our Canadian Thanksgiving. Finally finished unpacking from trip last weekend :faint: can you believe it? Now I'm thinking I should be packing stuff like capris etc for our Jan trip before I pack away all my summer clothing :rotfl2:
We loved AKL CL :thumbsup2

WELCOME BACK!!!!:wave2: Good grief, you've been busy!!! And you just finished unpacking :laughing: Glad you had a wonderful stay at AKL....it's a great resort. How did you like Boma? Hope your experience was better than ours.

As usual your Cruise TR was great! Don't think I'd be in a hurry to jump in with the stingrays :eek:

Thanks! We had an awesome time. I would actually like to do that Stingray Adventure if we go back. But I can assure you that Stephen won't return for that activity...he wasn't crazy about it at all!

Now counting down to our Jan WDW trip. Tomorrow is double digits! Trying out FQ for the first time! 10 nights. Already thinking of where we want to stay in Aug. Would like to go back to BC, if a decent discount comes out. Loved the area and resort.

Sounds GREAT!!! The FQ looks nice...and rooms are fairly new, aren't they? We've never stayed at the EP resorts (next on our list...if I don't chicken out). Aren't the 35% off room discounts out now? Bill got a pincode several weeks ago for this...too bad we won't be using it!:upsidedow

Since you are on break Miss Heather....an update is in the works.....:yay:

Miss ya :hug:

FYI....Photobucket finally fixed my Castaway Cay pictures...much better now! Not sure what the problem was. Hopefully the next post won't do the same thing!:crazy2:

:rotfl: Let's hope the Ferrari Van goes to a good home...she's most deserving. I even kind of miss her. Remind me to tell you sometimes about Stephen. He didn't want to sell it:confused3

I'm there!!!! Today!!!!:thumbsup2

Glad you had a nice trip. I totally get what you mean about traveling with other people. It's hard when they don't 'travel' like you. My family (parents included) are super early risers...not many of our friends/family would enjoy our vacation style while at WDW. Sometimes it's just easier to go without others;) I tell my sister all the time that she would hate going to WDW with us. They like to take it easy on vacations....me, on the other hand...it's Rope Drop or die :laughing: Maybe your next trip will be better! You have something to look forward to.

WELCOME BACK!!!!:wave2: Good grief, you've been busy!!! And you just finished unpacking :laughing: Glad you had a wonderful stay at AKL....it's a great resort. How did you like Boma? Hope your experience was better than ours.

Loved Boma, 5 min wait, great table, no problems

Thanks! We had an awesome time. I would actually like to do that Stingray Adventure if we go back. But I can assure you that Stephen won't return for that activity...he wasn't crazy about it at all!

Sounds GREAT!!! The FQ looks nice...and rooms are fairly new, aren't they? We've never stayed at the EP resorts (next on our list...if I don't chicken out). Aren't the 35% off room discounts out now? Bill got a pincode several weeks ago for this...too bad we won't be using it!:upsidedow

Yes, FQ rooms have ben re-done and they are pretty nice. Discounts for Winter are out, we booked the Play/Stay/Dine promo for FQ. I am planning on booking YC for Aug. We stayed in BC Aug 2011, and loved it, now want to cross YC off the bucket list, lol. You'll love staying in the Epcot Area, and your roaming son will have a great time exploring SAB :rotfl: :beach:

Day 6
Relaxing Onboard!

When we returned to the ship, the kids were going crazy wanting to ride the Aqua Duck….so that’s exactly what we did. The line does get ridiculously long….my only complaint. They all loved it! Bill said it was a little slow, but of course the kids said it was SUPER fast.

DSC_6243.jpg

I stood waiting patiently for Bill and the kids to make their rounds….

DSC_6244.jpg

Finally….I spotted them!

DSC_6245.jpg

DSC_6247.jpg

Then, I ran back up to the exit to get another picture….one just wasn’t enough!

DSC_6249.jpg

Jesse wanted to grab a quick ice cream…and guess who we ran into?!!

DSC_6251.jpg

Bill and I were cracking up laughing…Jesse kept making comments to Captain Hook, and finally Captain Hook jumped back at Jesse scaring him a bit.

DSC_6253.jpg

Jesse never got super close….

DSC_6252.jpg

While we were conquering the Aqua Duck, Stephanie and Sean sent the kids to the Oceaneers Club (no complaints at all from the kiddos) and they headed to the adult section of the ship.

DSC02751.jpg

They’re big coffee connoisseurs, so Cove Café was right up their ally.

DSC02749.jpg

I have no idea what they ordered, but it looked yummy! And by the way…if you order so many coffees (maybe 4 or 5), you get a free one. Ask for the card when you buy the first.

DSC02752.jpg

Almost time for the spa!!! First, though…..we had to get the kids bathed and ready for the Oceaneers Club. We would be spending the afternoon KID FREE. Of course Stephen set sail for The Vibe…no OC for him.

Bill would not allow me to bring the camera in with me:rolleyes1…I had to leave it in the locker, so several of the pictures were pulled from the internet. So…let’s begin….

Couple's Choice Spa Villa

DSC_6262.jpg

DSC_6263.jpg

untitled_zps0dd199b3.jpg

When you walk in, they immediately send you to the locker room to get your robes and put your valuables in the lockers.

DSC_6257.jpg

DSC_6256.jpg

After putting on our robes, we were taken to a quiet area to relax, sip hot tea, and read….

dream_spa_12.jpg

dream_spa_13.jpg

There was one other person in there, but they left soon after we arrived. In all honesty, I was having a hard time relaxing because I was too busy looking around….imagine that, right. After 15 minutes or so, they finally came to get us and take us to the villa.

The private Mediterranean-inspired Villas each has a private verandah off the suite with a whirlpool and comfy double loungers. Relish the calming ocean views while lounging or soak in a whirlpool hot tub outside on the private teak deck.

spa-villa-treatments_904px.jpg

images.jpg

The Couple's Choice delivers 130 minutes of comfort and pleasure, and includes a 75-minute spa treatment of your choice. Select from a range of treatments, including the Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy, an Elemis Cellutox Aroma Wrap, an Elemis Musclease Aroma Wrap, an Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow with half-body massage, an Exotic Frangipani Body Nourish Wrap with half-body massage, or an Exotic Coconut Rub & Milk Ritual Wrap with half-body massage.

We decided on the stone therapy which was WONDERFUL!!!! Before this takes place, they have foot washing ceremony which was very relaxing…

imagesCA1NR165.jpg

Amenitiesinclude:
Spa treatment rooms
Couples massages
Private verandah
Personal whirlpool
Open air shower
Roman bed with canopy
Tea Ceremony
Foot Cleansing Ceremony

For an extra fee, you can even have a bottle of champagne, strawberries and additional treatments added to your private session—tailor-made.

dream_spa_14.jpg

After the massage, we were given time to relax in the whirlpool. They brought fresh fruit and tea to us on the verandah…..really nice while taking in the calming views of the ocean.

We were there around 2 ½ hours total….well worth every penny spent! Then reality sets in….we had to get the kids!!!:upsidedow

This package can be booked in advance using the Planning Center or at the Senses Spa. We originally booked the spa for the day in Nassau, but then it hit me….I certainly didn’t want to be looking at another ship while I was having a massage! So, I rebooked for one of the days at CC.

When we were leaving, I got a shot of one of the lounges at the spa….

DSC_6261.jpg

So….now back to reality! Grab the kids and get ready for the show and dinner!

Next up….the Enchanted Gardens!

Since you are on break Miss Heather....an update is in the works.....:yay:

Miss ya :hug:

Hey there!

Finally got the update done...however Photobucket is really ticking me off. For some reason, it's been taking days for the editing to show up when you post a picture. Who knows?!

So...you have a girls trip planned, huh?! Good for yall!! Can't wait to hear about it. Where did you decide to stay? Club level or not???

Yes, FQ rooms have ben re-done and they are pretty nice. Discounts for Winter are out, we booked the Play/Stay/Dine promo for FQ. I am planning on booking YC for Aug. We stayed in BC Aug 2011, and loved it, now want to cross YC off the bucket list, lol. You'll love staying in the Epcot Area, and your roaming son will have a great time exploring SAB :rotfl: :beach:

I have my list, too :laughing:....got to do EP resorts. And yes, you're right....Jesse the Wanderer will love it!! I'm hoping his bad habits will be to a minimum by then. Not gonna hold my breath, though.:rolleyes:

Wow....the spa sounds amazing. We never got a chance to do this...well maybe next time.

Do you go on the Aqua duck? The day I was going to I didn't feel the greatest, so again that will have to be a next time thing.

Man, sounds like I am going to have to book another trip...lol

The spa sounds great. I just booked the couples choice also for DH and myself when we go in 6 weeks!! Maybe you can tell me!! What is the difference between the couples choice and the ultimate indulgence? They only had a 3pm available for us. I wanted to get an earlier reservation but they didn't have any available online. When you booked yours on the ship, did they have all different times available? I was wondering if maybe they hold some times available for when ppl book on the ship so maybe I can change my time. We have the 5:45 dinner and I know with a 3pm spa ressie it will be cutting it way too close!!:scratchin

Great report! I love the AquaDuck photos, so fun! The spa is so beautiful and peaceful, I could really use it right now. We leave next week for the World (my ticker is off and I have no idea how to change it:scratchin) and I have a strong feeling that there will be no spas visited on that trip! We are pretty commando, even after all of these years.

Wow, the couples villa looks amazing! Glad you were able to get some quality hubby time :)

Hey there!

Finally got the update done...however Photobucket is really ticking me off. For some reason, it's been taking days for the editing to show up when you post a picture. Who knows?!

So...you have a girls trip planned, huh?! Good for yall!! Can't wait to hear about it. Where did you decide to stay? Club level or not???

As of the last 24 hours...we are Pop the 1st night then WL CL :cheer2:

Oh Heather, that spa time sounds WONDERFUL...and I know the feeling when "you have to get the kids" :crazy2::rotfl2:

All that relaxation....just a memory :rotfl:

Wow....the spa sounds amazing. We never got a chance to do this...well maybe next time.

Do you go on the Aqua duck? The day I was going to I didn't feel the greatest, so again that will have to be a next time thing.

Man, sounds like I am going to have to book another trip...lol

No Aqua Duck for me! Crazy, isn't it?! It was a little cool that day, and I hate being cold and wet, so I didn't do it. When I actually wanted to try it, the line was ridiculous!!! Perhaps we need to book another trip :laughing:

Wow! That sounds amazing!!

It was pretty awesome, but not something I would do every cruise. While we thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm thinking I would probably just do a couple's massage minus the villa part next go round.

The spa sounds great. I just booked the couples choice also for DH and myself when we go in 6 weeks!! Maybe you can tell me!! What is the difference between the couples choice and the ultimate indulgence? They only had a 3pm available for us. I wanted to get an earlier reservation but they didn't have any available online. When you booked yours on the ship, did they have all different times available? I was wondering if maybe they hold some times available for when ppl book on the ship so maybe I can change my time. We have the 5:45 dinner and I know with a 3pm spa ressie it will be cutting it way too close!!:scratchin

Honestly, I'm not really sure other than it's a little longer and a little more pricey. What we did was plenty long. I never felt rushed at all. I actually booked ours online both times. You really will be cutting dinner very close with a 3pm ressie. JMO, but if I were you, when you board the ship, go directly to the spa and see if you can change your reservation. From the time we arrived at the spa until we left, we were there 2 1/2hours. You'll certainly love it!! Just a great time to get away from it all and totally relax minus kids! My sister made a ressie while onboard for a massage and basically got the exact time she wanted.

The spa sounds heavenly! Thanks for sharing so much info!

:cloud9: yep! Wish I was there today!!! I could use a good massage for sure!!

Great report! I love the AquaDuck photos, so fun! The spa is so beautiful and peaceful, I could really use it right now. We leave next week for the World (my ticker is off and I have no idea how to change it:scratchin) and I have a strong feeling that there will be no spas visited on that trip! We are pretty commando, even after all of these years.

WHAT??!! Are you kidding me?! Another trip! Didn't you just go?? Or maybe I'm confusing you with someone else??? I'm green with envy. You could always stop by on your way down and pick me up ;) I totally know what you mean about commando....when we're doing the parks, we're up at the crack of dawn! Rope drop or die!! Crazy isn't it?! I'm guessing you're at BLT??

Wow, the couples villa looks amazing! Glad you were able to get some quality hubby time :)

Very nice having time with Bill....it's a rarity, let me tell ya :laughing:

Y'alls time at the spa sounds heavenly! I don't know if I could convince Ed to do that. :scratchin And what a great idea to do it on the CC day! :thumbsup2

I'm hoping Reid will be tall enough to ride the AquaDuck in June. He only needs to grow about 1 more inch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter