$3.94 for gas....

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
Gas prices have gone up 3 times this week...again...and now it's at $3.94. When will it end? Anyone hear of a bubble bursting any time soon? This is ridiculous and really hurting us.

$3.99 for regular as of last night in our town. Probably higher today. It goes up daily around here.

I paid $4.03 this morning for regular...I don't think it is coming down any time soon...

:(

I read an article last night predicting gas prices as high as $7 and lasting for several years.

Wow I haven't seen the three dollar mark in a couple of weeks!

We are currently at $4.19......:confused3

I don't know how much gas in here right now, but I certainly don't expect it to go down. I expect that it will continue to rise therefore it doesn't surprise me when I go to the pump. :confused3

It's not going to stop going up. Everybody laughed at me earlier in the year when I said prices would be 5.00 by summer, well, here we are, paying nearly 4.00 and they said just yesterday prices will continue to rise over the next six weeks and beyond.

When oil is 136.00 a barrel, or, 131.00 a barrel that is so far beyond the pale of anything we have ever witnessed, prices are going to go far beyond the 5.00 by the end of the summer IMHO.....

Can you say windfall profit tax for the oil companies?

anywhere from 3.86 to 4.07
yesterday the 4.07 place was 3.91

this is NOT making me a happy person at all:headache:

It's not going to stop going up. Everybody laughed at me earlier in the year when I said prices would be 5.00 by summer, well, here we are, paying nearly 4.00 and they said just yesterday prices will continue to rise over the next six weeks and beyond.

When oil is 136.00 a barrel, or, 131.00 a barrel that is so far beyond the pale of anything we have ever witnessed, prices are going to go far beyond the 5.00 by the end of the summer IMHO.....

Can you say windfall profit tax for the oil companies?

Which is why I'm an Exxon shareholder. And an investor in a natural resource fund. Right now, that's where the big investment is, and where the greatest returns are.

I always find it interesting though that folks blame the oil companies for these prices...the free market determines the price of a barrel of oil, not the oil companies. Between the weakening dollar and the increase in demand for oil all around the world, investors are bidding up oil and futures contracts. Which in turn raises the price of gas at the pump. But if you look back, the two haven't risen at the same rate.

If you look at where oil was back in 2004, the price averaged $35/bbl. Gas was around $2/gallon.

Oil is now almost four times the price...but we're not close yet to paying $8/gallon for gas (which is four times the price it was back in 2004).

I guess I'm feeling good that gas is $3.61 here. I just filled up this morning. I'm sure that price is going to go way up very soon. Soon we may be riding our bikes to work. :sad2:

It's going to keep going up. It may have spiked a bit due to the long weekend (which I think is historically high prices) and may level off a touch for a few weeks, but it is definitely going to keep going up. Demand is going up around the world, China and India are both starting to crave cars instead of bikes so consumption is skyrocketing. Some is due to hedge speculators driving the cost per barrel up, and a bit is due to the taxes you pay on the gas. However, many gas taxes are fixed, only some states have percentages. And dropping the federal gas tax will be a one time savings, but that 30 cents savings will soon go right back up as costs keep rising. And then not only are we paying 4 bucks for gas, but now the government has a massive funding shortfall. Alternative sources need to be arranged. Be it public transit, hybrids, biking to work, what have you is the only way it is going to get better. And remember, many countries currently pay 7-8 dollars a gallon for gas. So we are still fairly lucky. Trust me, the increase sucks (I commute 55ish mi each way to work) and it's not going to get better in the near future.

They say if we start pumping oil from alaska, there is enough oil to last us 30 years and gas would be around 2.00 a gallon.
All they are doing is making the American go broke. This will definitely put our March vacation on hold. I was pricing out air to mexico at over 600.00, I am not going to pay that.
Food is higher, natural gas to heat our house, everything is high, its got to end. We can't even have Schwans come to the house anymore, because they charge a fuel surcharge. I am fed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter