3/25/2013 - "Wonder"-ful Cruise to the Caribbean!

We just booked this cruise for my husband, daughter (16), her friend (16) and me. This will be our first cruise without our 18 year old daughter who is a freshman at UF. We have been on a number of Disney cruises and always have a great time. Looking forward to spring break!

This is who I have on the list for participating in the FE list - can everyone confirm they still plan on participating? This thread hasn't been super active and it looks like some have changed their cruise plans - just want to verify before we all finish up the gifts! UNDER 60 DAYS!!!!

Tinky624
Kristie03
leahmichl
jenthron
golfnsuch
BBQMommy
DisneyBaby2004
kmedina
scrapbookmomma74
Dogsambam
delauzons

I added a column at the end of the FE list and will keep a note on who has 'reconfirmed' their interest, just so we all know. We're cruising with 2 other families, and the 3 of us are definitely all still in!

Hi all! This is going to be my family's first cruise. My husband, Jason, and I have a DD5, Katherine, and a DS2, Alex. Oddly enough we live just 30 minutes away from Port Canaveral, but chose this cruise out of Miami as our first because we liked the 5 night option and that we'd get to see Mexico & Grand Cayman. We've booked the Bus Tour option of Grand Cayman via Disney and actually booked a place called Nachi Cocom in Cozumel - a private beach club that appears to have good food & good reviews. We are super excited and can't wait to go! Just crossing fingers we can get swapped to the early dinner seating as I can't see my 2 year old making it thru those late night dinners!

We still have a half dozen cabins that signed up for the FE that I'm not sure are still participating. I sent out PMs to anyone I hadn't heard back from. One person is no longer cruising - I'll update as I hear back from anyone else. So we either have 6 cabins or 12!

If anyone has not signed up that is interested in the FE exchange, let me know - I have a feeling a lot of us will have extra gifts to exchange if we lose the 'unconfirmed' cabins.

We still have a half dozen cabins that signed up for the FE that I'm not sure are still participating. I sent out PMs to anyone I hadn't heard back from. One person is no longer cruising - I'll update as I hear back from anyone else. So we either have 6 cabins or 12!

If anyone has not signed up that is interested in the FE exchange, let me know - I have a feeling a lot of us will have extra gifts to exchange if we lose the 'unconfirmed' cabins.

Hi. My family and I have gone cruising every year during my spring break for the last 10+ years (I'm a teacher), but this will be our first Disney cruise. I am super excited for my little guy to see "Disney at sea"...he's a Disney Junior fanatic!!! We are traveling with two other families this year. I have a 2 year old son. One family has a 5 year old daughter and the other family has a 1 year old son. I've seen a few postings about the FE exchange and I'm interested in participating. Could you please tell me a little more about how it works...are we assigned specific cabins to exchange gifts with or do we just exchange with random cabins? How do I get my cabin on the list...is it too late to sign-up? The other two families will likely participate as well.

Thanks,
Elanyna

Hi. My family and I have gone cruising every year during my spring break for the last 10+ years (I'm a teacher), but this will be our first Disney cruise. I am super excited for my little guy to see "Disney at sea"...he's a Disney Junior fanatic!!! We are traveling with two other families this year. I have a 2 year old son. One family has a 5 year old daughter and the other family has a 1 year old son. I've seen a few postings about the FE exchange and I'm interested in participating. Could you please tell me a little more about how it works...are we assigned specific cabins to exchange gifts with or do we just exchange with random cabins? How do I get my cabin on the list...is it too late to sign-up? The other two families will likely participate as well.

Thanks,
Elanyna

Hi Elanyna,

You may want to PM Leah. She's the woman with the plan. Also drop on over to the Facebook group. I know folks are a bit more active over there.

All in all, we seem to be a smaller size group, but very friendly.:)

E.

SpringBreakCruiser said:

Thanks,
Elanyna

Welcome!

The FE gifts are exchanged with a list of other participating cabins. I'm posting from my phone so not super helpful with links, but earlier in this thread you'll find links to both the Facebook group and a Google spreadsheet with all participant info.

The cutoff is passed, but we had a few cabins no longer able to participate. I'm sure most (all?) will not mind if you guys would like to take their spots! Just let us know ages, gender, names, and cabin numbers.

You'll love Disney cruising! This board seems pretty quiet, but I'm certain the cruise will be full and your kids will have an amazing time.

Got our luggage tags today! That makes it feel more real. Spent last weekend at WDW and that certainly got us ready to set sail! Have a busy month and a half before March 25th, I know it'll fly by!

This will be our first cruise. We just heard about the fish extenders and think it would be fun to do. My kids are 14, 10, and 8. Is it to late?

I just got on to look at my reservation and it said 19 days until my cruise vacation!!!! I can't believe the cruise is so close!!!

I sent a pm to Leah as well. I have not been one the DIS in a few months, so I apologize for not reconfirming sooner. If it is not too late, I still plan on participating in FE. I logged in just to get a final tally to start making my gifts. I also plan on logging in when we get to the ship for last minute room changes. Two people changed on my last one (also first one), but I was inexperienced and did not think to check.

I updated the spreadsheet on Google to include Kel74 & make sure everyone includes kmedina! As far as the late adds - I have plenty for everyone, but there may be people who don't (we had an original cutoff date of January 14, 2013).

That brings us to a total of 12 FE cabins, with 2 of them having not confirmed. Your guess is as good as mine on whether they show up/participate. I already have most of the gifts done and have enough, so I plan on bringing them and passing them along to another cruiser if those 2 cabins don't participate.

Booking a hotel today (nothing like the last minute!) and figuring out what to do for the day before in Miami. My husband is scouring for Heat tickets - we'll see! Definitely doing the Gator Boys thing out by the Everglades to surprise the kids.

Getting REALLY excited to get on that boat in a couple of weeks!!!

Thanks for adding us to the fish extender list. We are getting so excited for our first Disney Cruise!

Hi Everyone,

Hope I'm not too late to catch someone's attention. This will be the first cruise for my son, 11 yo 6th grader. He gets extremely shy in groups where he doesn't know anyone and his mom and I aren't around. Once he meets a friend, he is fine, it's just that initial act of meeting someone for the first time that freaks him out. He's a real good kid, plays baseball and football and has a lot of friends at school. He likes riding his bike and skateboard and playing Xbox. Pretty typical tween boy stuff. :)

I'm just worried he will clam up on board and not want to go on his own to the kid areas and make friends. I like to take every opportunity to help him socialize confidently, and I think this is a great one.

I was wondering if anyone with a son 9-13ish would be interested in meeting Monday or Tuesday to help him meet at least one person? After we help him break the ice, he should be fine and will have a great time the rest of the cruise.

He gets embarrassed about being shy, so I'd probably not tell him what's up and treat it as if us parents knew each other from the boards. His meeting a friend would just be a coincidence. :)

I know we only have a few days until everyone will be down there but I'm hoping someone can help us out.

Thanks!

No notes on room changes, so I am about to make our deliveries. Great gifts so far. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter