3/25/2013 - "Wonder"-ful Cruise to the Caribbean!

I'm not sure myself. I don't see any mention of them in any of the posts. Maybe the sent a message to Leah. I'm just updating the first page for all new readers. The google doc is for you to print out before you leave.:thumbsup2

They're actually friends of ours. They just got off their last Disney cruise and she isn't a member of our group yet, but she told me a couple of weeks ago (when we were together @ Ft. Wilderness and obsessing about all things Disney!) that they wanted to participate so I added them. Sorry to add confusion! I'm not sure if the other 2 families cruising with us will want to join as well, but I'm hoping so!

Working now on FE's for our August cruise, and filing all the cute-but-labor-intensive stuff in the "maybe for March" file. We'll see how that works out :)

We just booked this cruise today! It will be the 2nd time that DH & I are cruising without kids (ours go with their father for Spring Break).
This cruise also makes us GRAND SLAM members...4 DCL ships in 1 year! We did Magic March 2012, Fantasy 2012, and are booked for 8/15/12 on the Dream, and now the Wonder! Yipee!
We are 2 adults who are kids at heart, and love to participate in FE, so please count us in!
Cabin #7621 Adam & Tracy
Thanks!

We just booked this cruise today! It will be the 2nd time that DH & I are cruising without kids (ours go with their father for Spring Break).
This cruise also makes us GRAND SLAM members...4 DCL ships in 1 year! We did Magic March 2012, Fantasy 2012, and are booked for 8/15/12 on the Dream, and now the Wonder! Yipee!
We are 2 adults who are kids at heart, and love to participate in FE, so please count us in!
Cabin #7621 Adam & Tracy
Thanks!

Welcome! You guys are getting on the Dream in August as we get off! Added you to the Google list for the FE :)

They're actually friends of ours. They just got off their last Disney cruise and she isn't a member of our group yet, but she told me a couple of weeks ago (when we were together @ Ft. Wilderness and obsessing about all things Disney!) that they wanted to participate so I added them. Sorry to add confusion! I'm not sure if the other 2 families cruising with us will want to join as well, but I'm hoping so!

No Worries! Got them on the main page.:thumbsup2

Thanks! At least one of the other families cruising with us wants to participate in the FE as well - Tracy played Show & Tell with her FE gifts from last cruise and it's hard not to want to join in on the fun :)

Hope all of you from FL are staying dry!

Thanks! At least one of the other families cruising with us wants to participate in the FE as well - Tracy played Show & Tell with her FE gifts from last cruise and it's hard not to want to join in on the fun :)

Hope all of you from FL are staying dry!

The rain has been crazy! Today the wind was blowing 30-40 in West Palm! The weather is forecasted to improve Thursday and the weekend should be beautiful.

Just got a Target debit card for the discounted Disney gift cards - learned that trick here on the boards! I bought EVERY Disney gift card at my local store - using those to pay for the shipboard account next month for gratuities and a down payment for a dummy cruise. The rest is going to payments for this cruise. 5% off isn't much - but I'll take it!

Weather has been crazy here, too. 3 of the 4 possible routes into my office are still closed this morning from flooding.

Check...Check...is this thing on:mic:

2 months with no chatter and I'm stuck inside listening to the weather guy getting all hipped up on some mythical "hurricane"! You would have thought the world was coming to an end! TIME TO HUNKER DOWN! Drives me up a wall to hear them say that!:laughing:

Anyway, Thanks

Aww....you are right, goofing around with future cruise buddies IS much more fun than hunkering down. I'm not a fan of those days when The Weather Channel seems to be the only channel to watch :(

Soooooo.....on a more fun note...

I cannot wait for this cruise to try out the Wonder! We have been on the other 3, but not the Wonder yet, have you? What is your favorite part?

Our first and only time on the Wonder was in 2000 for our honeymoon:hug: but we've been on the Magic 5 times. We went on the Dream last summer but really missed the coziness of the smaller ships.
We really enjoyed the adult areas on the Wonder (seems much more secluded) and the attentiveness of the cast.
We had a blast at the improv comedy club but they changed that club to a sports bar.
So, looking forward to getting back on the Wonder!pirate:

Our first and only time on the Wonder was in 2000 for our honeymoon:hug: but we've been on the Magic 5 times. We went on the Dream last summer but really missed the coziness of the smaller ships.
We really enjoyed the adult areas on the Wonder (seems much more secluded) and the attentiveness of the cast.
We had a blast at the improv comedy club but they changed that club to a sports bar.
So, looking forward to getting back on the Wonder!pirate:

We've only been on the Dream & Magic - anything different about the Wonder (as compared to the Magic) that we should know about?

Can't wait for this cruise - 205 more days!!! I know with the holidays are going to make that fly by. I also get ready for Halloween and then blink and it's NYE! I've been brainstorming FE ideas and trying to use self restraint so I don't make them ALL! I need my husband to keep reminding me that I have neither the time or budget to make all the stuff I want to!

leahmichl said:
We've only been on the Dream & Magic - anything different about the Wonder (as compared to the Magic) that we should know about?

Can't wait for this cruise - 205 more days!!! I know with the holidays are going to make that fly by. I also get ready for Halloween and then blink and it's NYE! I've been brainstorming FE ideas and trying to use self restraint so I don't make them ALL! I need my husband to keep reminding me that I have neither the time or budget to make all the stuff I want to!

Hope this helps.

Disney Magic vs. Disney Wonder

From the outside, there are only two major differences between the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, the first being the artwork adorning the bow and stern. On the bow of the Disney Magic is Sorcerer Mickey. On the bow of the Disney Wonder, you will find Steamboat Willie. On the stern of the Disney Magic is Botswain Goofy. On the stern of the Disney Wonder is Donald and his nephews. The second difference between the two ships is in the shape of the fake portholes of the Navigator’s Verandah staterooms. These are the category 7 staterooms that have a partially enclosed verandah. Disney made a slight modification to the Disney Wonder to allow guests in Navigator’s Verandah staterooms a better view.
The different décor plays out around the ship. Everything from the chairs, to the curtains, to the carpeting changes to reflect the unique style of each ship.
On the Disney Magic, the atrium is centered on Helmsmen Mickey. On the Disney Wonder, the atrium is centered on Ariel.
On the Disney Magic, Lumiere’s is the grand dining room inspired by Beauty and the Beast. On the Disney Wonder, Triton’s is the grand dining room themed after the Little Mermaid. Also on the Disney Magic, the deck 9 buffet is known as Topsider, and has a nautical motif. On the Disney Wonder, the deck 9 buffet is known as Beach Blanket Buffet, and has a laid-back beachside atmosphere.
The night clubs on the Disney Magic inside Beat Street are called Rockin’ Bar D, a relaxed lounge called Sessions, a duty-free store called Off Beat, and a sports pub called Diversions (identical on both ships). On the Disney Wonder, the adult nightclub area is known as Route 66. Which features a dance/show club called Wavebands, the Cadillac Lounge for relaxing piano music, a duty-free store called Radar Trap, and the sports pub called Diversions.
Found only on the Disney Magic, Ocean Quest is a space for kids 11-13 and was carved out of the conference rooms on deck 2. (On the Disney Wonder, this space is still used as meeting rooms.) Also of note, the teen club on the Disney Magic is called The Stack, and the teen club on the Disney Wonder is called Aloft. Despite the difference in names, the two clubs are virtually identical.
Found only on the Disney Wonder, the Outlook Café was added during the Wonder’s 2009 dry dock to add additional indoor space for the Alaskan cruises.

Hope this helps.

Disney Magic vs. Disney Wonder

From the outside, there are only two major differences between the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, the first being the artwork adorning the bow and stern. On the bow of the Disney Magic is Sorcerer Mickey. On the bow of the Disney Wonder, you will find Steamboat Willie. On the stern of the Disney Magic is Botswain Goofy. On the stern of the Disney Wonder is Donald and his nephews. The second difference between the two ships is in the shape of the fake portholes of the Navigator’s Verandah staterooms. These are the category 7 staterooms that have a partially enclosed verandah. Disney made a slight modification to the Disney Wonder to allow guests in Navigator’s Verandah staterooms a better view.
The different décor plays out around the ship. Everything from the chairs, to the curtains, to the carpeting changes to reflect the unique style of each ship.
On the Disney Magic, the atrium is centered on Helmsmen Mickey. On the Disney Wonder, the atrium is centered on Ariel.
On the Disney Magic, Lumiere’s is the grand dining room inspired by Beauty and the Beast. On the Disney Wonder, Triton’s is the grand dining room themed after the Little Mermaid. Also on the Disney Magic, the deck 9 buffet is known as Topsider, and has a nautical motif. On the Disney Wonder, the deck 9 buffet is known as Beach Blanket Buffet, and has a laid-back beachside atmosphere.
The night clubs on the Disney Magic inside Beat Street are called Rockin’ Bar D, a relaxed lounge called Sessions, a duty-free store called Off Beat, and a sports pub called Diversions (identical on both ships). On the Disney Wonder, the adult nightclub area is known as Route 66. Which features a dance/show club called Wavebands, the Cadillac Lounge for relaxing piano music, a duty-free store called Radar Trap, and the sports pub called Diversions.
Found only on the Disney Magic, Ocean Quest is a space for kids 11-13 and was carved out of the conference rooms on deck 2. (On the Disney Wonder, this space is still used as meeting rooms.) Also of note, the teen club on the Disney Magic is called The Stack, and the teen club on the Disney Wonder is called Aloft. Despite the difference in names, the two clubs are virtually identical.
Found only on the Disney Wonder, the Outlook Café was added during the Wonder’s 2009 dry dock to add additional indoor space for the Alaskan cruises.

Thanks! Officially under the 200 day mark - 199 days! With these awesome GTY, FL resident, and military rates it's taking every ounce of self restraint to not book something in the meantime...

leahmichl said:
Thanks! Officially under the 200 day mark - 199 days! With these awesome GTY, FL resident, and military rates it's taking every ounce of self restraint to not book something in the meantime...

We ended up booking a trip for Christmas. So excited!

Tinky624 said:
Ocean Quest is a space for kids 11-13 and was carved out of the conference rooms on deck 2. (On the Disney Wonder, this space is still used as meeting rooms.)

I asked about this when I booked and they said that the conference rooms on the Wonder had been converted now too...I hope that,is accurate! My 12 year old is counting on it!

kristie03 said:
I asked about this when I booked and they said that the conference rooms on the Wonder had been converted now too...I hope that,is accurate! My 12 year old is counting on it!

If you talked to them then I'm sure it is. I have not been on the ship since 2000.

Anyone looking to talk a friend or family member into joining them for this cruise? We had a cabin booked for a friend, a Cat 5A, at $3,800 for 4 people (including taxes/fees) plus a $150 OBC. They're not going to be able to make it, but I hate to waste the good deal! We booked early and used an OBB to get a decent deal. Current pricing is $1,425/person plus taxes/fees for a Cat 5, and there's no rooms for 4 people available at all. I was just going to keep it until final payment time in case anyone decides they want to join us, but thought I'd share in case anyone is trying to entice someone :)

Anyone looking to talk a friend or family member into joining them for this cruise? We had a cabin booked for a friend, a Cat 5A, at $3,800 for 4 people (including taxes/fees) plus a $150 OBC. They're not going to be able to make it, but I hate to waste the good deal! We booked early and used an OBB to get a decent deal. Current pricing is $1,425/person plus taxes/fees for a Cat 5, and there's no rooms for 4 people available at all. I was just going to keep it until final payment time in case anyone decides they want to join us, but thought I'd share in case anyone is trying to entice someone :)

Hi there!

I PM'd you. Please let me know before you let it go.

Take care, E

Hi! My family of 5 will be on this cruise with my in-laws. We would love to do a fish extender. We did one last year on our 7 night Magic cruise. We had so much fun! It's me-47, my husband Chris-47, and our 3 daughters-Alli- she will be almost 18, Amanda who will be 14 and Alyvia who will be 8. We are DVC members and love everything Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter