2400 pictures! Beach Club, Universal, and Bay Lake Tower Grand Villa-COMPLETE!

Upon entering the Magic Kingdom, the first order of business was to pick up Ella's Mouse Ears (that we bought in the morning and left to be personalized) at the Chapeau.
DSCF1711.jpg

They just leave the personalized Ears out on a big book shelf to go in and retrieve. Unfortunately, Ella's weren't there. There was another set of Ears with "Ella" on it, but not the ones we bought. Maybe the other Ella's parents liked ours better? :laughing: A CM quickly helped us get another pair and had her name put on them right away. :goodvibes
DSCF1712.jpg

She couldn't get them off fast enough! :rotfl:
DSCF1713.jpg

Next we stopped for some family pictures on Main Street. I bought the photopass CD so I'll have to get around to getting them onto my computer. While we were stopped on Main Street, MIL wanted to look in a shop for some Hannah Montana souvenir for Avery. My boys had been eyeing the balloons on Main Street for the last few trips. When Kyle and Avery asked for them too, DH and I decided to treat them all. So we bought 4 balloons for about $40! We knew this would be the best day to buy them because at least they'd have them for 5 days before we had to go home.
DSCF1716.jpg

We had time for a couple of attractions before Spectromagic, so first we did Mickey's Philharmagic and then our first, but certainly not last, ride on It's a Small World.
DSCF1717.jpg
DSCF1721.jpg
DSCF1723.jpg

We found a good spot for Spectromagic and waited quite a while for it. As always, it's annoying when people try to get in front at the last minute. I felt bad for a couple of kids whose parents had planned well and were stuck way in back, so I let them come and sit in front of me. It made an uncomfortable squeeze for me, but it made the kids happy and I think that's what Disney is all about.

The balloons were annoying during the parade. We tried to hold them down so they wouldn't block anyone's view. They were even worse on the mass exit from the park--always bopping into us and others. Oops!
DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

DSCF1733.jpg

That's it for our 6th day! Coming up next: Animal Kingdom and Whispering Canyon Cafe

Hi! Just wanted you to know I am thoroughly enjoying reading your TR!! I just have a LOT of catching up to do!!! :thumbsup2

Ellen

Really enjoying your report.:thumbsup2

Thanks for mentioning the balloons getting in the way at the parade and when you were leaving - this is something that would never occur to me!! My DD loves balloons so will have to get her one on a day we are going back for a nap!

Can't wait for the rest.

Okay I'm all caught up now!! I cannot wait to get an icecream cookie sandwich in a few weeks! Lol. I think we will break down and buy a balloon for DD this trip, too.

Hi! Just wanted you to know I am thoroughly enjoying reading your TR!! I just have a LOT of catching up to do!!! :thumbsup2

Ellen

:welcome: Thanks! I appreciate you commenting. It keeps me motivated to continue, even though it takes hours to upload pictures, change the sizes, and get things posted. At least with trying to keep three kids happy too, it does. :rotfl:

Really enjoying your report.:thumbsup2

Thanks for mentioning the balloons getting in the way at the parade and when you were leaving - this is something that would never occur to me!! My DD loves balloons so will have to get her one on a day we are going back for a nap!

Can't wait for the rest.

We hadn't thought about that either, obviously! :laughing: Buying it on the way out would make a lot more sense! Don't forget to bring cash, they don't take CC or KTTW.

Okay I'm all caught up now!! I cannot wait to get an icecream cookie sandwich in a few weeks! Lol. I think we will break down and buy a balloon for DD this trip, too.

I'm envious! I'm ready to go back! I just finished making ADRs for our December trip! :yay:

You brought back the memories of the balloons. I remember they were always in the way. We drove home with them also. My cats use to love them as they start to go lose helium they would come down a little and go back up on the ceiling.

I'm uploading pictures for Day 7, but my son's birthday is today and we're having his party on Saturday. I bet I'll get something added tomorrow though in between prep for the party. I'm anxious to get this finished!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SON:cake:party::bday:

Oh, that's so nice! Thank you!

The funny thing is we're having a Toy Story party and plan to take everyone to see Toy Story 3 after the party, but Max is scared to go to the movie! He's afraid it's going to squirt water at him or that the seats are going to move. I guess we traumatized him at Disney World! :rotfl:

Day 7:
Have I mentioned yet, that with this group of 11, we go nowhere fast? This is especially true this morning! Our immediate family is used to getting up early, making it to rope drop, and knocking out lots of attractions before the crowds show up. This morning our group of 11 left the room in time to get to the bus and get to Animal Kingdom for rope drop. :woohoo: But then before we even made it to the elevator, BIL had to return to the room to get something. We told him we'd meet him on the first floor. We waited, and waited, and no BIL.
DSCF1743.jpg

DSCF1745.jpg

Eventually SIL went back to look for him but couldn't find him. He didn't have a cell phone on him. She looked on the fifth floor too, where you would get off to go to the monorail, but he wasn't there. Finally DH went to the bus stop to see if BIL had somehow gotten there, and there he was. The crazy part was that BIL would have gotten on the bus had it come, thinking we just left him there. :sad2: I'm sure glad we caught up to him before that or I can't imagine what would have happened! :scared1:

DSCF1748.jpg

DSCF1749.jpg

So no rope drop after all, but that was okay. We sent DH to get fast passes for Expedition Everest, so we didn't have to rush off anywhere anyway. The kids liked looking at the creatures being shown at the entrance. I think they're looking at a tarantula here. They also saw some kind of frog. I like how the CM teaches the kids about whatever is in their cage and asks them questions too. The kids really liked it!
DSCF1750.jpg

DSCF1754.jpg

DSCF1757.jpg

MIL rented a stroller again. She did every day we were there. It was really nice of her! Those double strollers rent for $30/day! I think there is a discount for multiple days, but it must still be quite expensive!
DSCF1758.jpg

Of course we had to take a few pictures in front of the Tree of Life.
DSCF1760.jpg

DSCF1763.jpg

Avery got mad for some reason and sulked during the pictures. Too bad, she would have been adorable in the picture where the photopass people add a baby Simba later. Instead Jacob posed holding an invisable Simba with Kyle behind him looking at Simba too. I'll eventually post the photopass pictures too. For now, here's a pic I took...
DSCF1766.jpg

We headed to Dinoland. The kids love Triceratops spin of course and my boys had been talking about getting their faces painted there for months. Jacob and Kyle did that on our last trip together, so I knew there was a stand in Dinoland.

DSCF1768.jpg

DSCF1770.jpg

Coming up next: AK attractions and adorable face painting!

how funny! (well, I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time)
hubby and I have "lost" each other a few timjes. I can't imagine trying to keep together a group of that size!
hubby would be the "p;anner", I would be the "organizer" and the rest of the family would probably call us "commandant"!. (but someone has to step in and take charge, or you'll go nowhere, fast! (or, nowhere, very slowly!):rotfl2:

I like Dinoland first thing in the morning because it is not at all busy. Everyone went on Triceratop Spin first.
DSCF1809.jpg

DSCF1773.jpg
DSCF1775.jpg

DSCF1781.jpg

DSCF1780.jpg

Jacob was anxious to get his face painted so I went to do that with him while Max and Ella and various grown-ups went on Triceratop Spin again.
Jacob saw Primeval Whirl and wanted to go on it. He checked his height. You can see the disappointment in his face.
DSCF1785.jpg

Jacob picked out the scariest face he could find.
DSCF1787.jpg

It's amazing how quickly they can do the make-up! It starts out looking like nothing, but the final results are cool!
DSCF1789.jpg

He didn't even look like himself anymore! In case you can't tell, he's a dinosaur. It's easier to tell on an adult face.
DSCF1795.jpg

The others finished their rides and brought Max over to paint his face too.
DSCF1790.jpg

Ella wanted to do it too! :rotfl: Maybe next time!
DSCF1791.jpg

Max did great sitting for the face painting too. He picked the perfect design for himself. He's only three so I was hoping he didn't pick something scary like Jacob did.
DSCF1792.jpg

DSCF1798.jpg

DSCF1802.jpg

Somewhere in here, the grown-ups took turns riding Primeval Whirl. Kyle went on it too, but didn't like it.

Next we went to see Finding Nemo. It was the first time we saw this show. I thought it was quite good!
DSCF1813.jpg

DSCF1814.jpg

DSCF1820.jpg

Two years ago, when we all came to WDW together, we saw the Lion King show, so we skipped that this time. It is a very good show too though. We just didn't want to see two long shows in the same day.

Subbing! I am loving your trip report- it is helping me get even MORE excited about our upcoming vacation in August! (if that's even possible) Your litle Ella is SUCH A DOLL BABY!!! Everytime I see a picture of her, I hug my own little munchie!:love:

P.S. The picture of her looking back at you through her stroller with those big eyes should be on a magazine cover!! :thumbsup2

Subbing! I am loving your trip report- it is helping me get even MORE excited about our upcoming vacation in August! (if that's even possible) Your litle Ella is SUCH A DOLL BABY!!! Everytime I see a picture of her, I hug my own little munchie!:love:

P.S. The picture of her looking back at you through her stroller with those big eyes should be on a magazine cover!! :thumbsup2

Thank you! Thank you! She has a personality to match her cuteness too! I can't get enough of her! :laughing:

I know every mom thinks their kids are the cutest. And I've seen really cute kids all over these boards! But here is a funny story...

The other day, DH and the kids were in front of a museum in Chicago and a Japanese lady asked to take Ella's picture, then the boys, then asked DH to take her picture with them! :rotfl: That would be funny enough on its own, but that is NOT the first time that has happened! :lmao: We were on a beach somewhere when 2 Japanese young ladies asked to take Ella's picture, then asked us to take their picture with our kids! :rotfl2: Some day we'll visit Japan and see Ella plastered all over their billboards or something. Maybe there's a doll in Japan that looks like her. :confused3 :laughing:

He looks so sad that he isn't tall enough for the ride. Maybe next year he will be tall enough. Love the face painting.

He looks so sad that he isn't tall enough for the ride. Maybe next year he will be tall enough. Love the face painting.

Thanks! Jacob is brave beyond his years! It gives him something to look forward to!

We had Max's birthday party yesterday. It was cute. It was a Toy Story theme with a banner, colorful streamers and balloons, and green army guys all over the place spying on the party. The cake was made by a bakery and had half Woody theme and half Buzz theme with stand up characters too. Almost everyone bought Max Toy Story 3 toys and there were no repeats! Pretty good! When it came time to go to the movie theater to see Toy Story 3, Max would have nothing to do with it! He would NOT get in the car! He really was afraid the movie theater would be like a WDW attraction and squirt him or scare him. My sisters just ended up taking Jacob and my 10 year old nephew. I'm jealous!

More great updates!

The boys face paint turned out really good....did it stay that way for long in the heat?

The picture of Ella at the finding nemo show is too cute...it looks like she really enjoyed it.

How nice of your MIL to rent the stroller....that must have made a big difference for the kids in the park!

Looking forward to hearing more:thumbsup2

A few more face painted pictures. Here's Jake's "scary dinosaur" and "nice dinosaur faces." :lmao:
DSCF1821.jpg

DSCF1824.jpg

And I don't want to leave Max and Ella out. Ella enjoyed sharing her stroller with a Panda. She kept looking back and trying to "get him."
DSCF1830.jpg

DSCF1849.jpg

The details are getting fuzzy now, but I think the roller coaster riders went to Expediation Everest next, while MIL and SIL went to see the monkeys with the kids.
DSCF1836.jpg

DSCF1838.jpg

DSCF1839.jpg

DSCF1842.jpg

With our fast passes, it took us a total of 7 minutes from the time we entered the line to the time we walked off the ride. Sweet!
DSCF1855.jpg

We caught up to the group quickly which was good because all the monkeys were hiding or something. They didn't have much to look at!
DSCF1842.jpg

We were all hungry now and our timing was perfect. As planned, we had lunch at Anandapur Local Food Cafes (AKA Yak & Yeti counter service.)
DSCF1844.jpg

DSCF1845.jpg

I wasn't too impressed. The kids and I split the Honey Chicken and a side of chicken fried rice (a good use of a snack credit.) I had read on the DISboards that we could get egg rolls as a snack credit here too, but they didn't even have egg rolls on the menu. :confused3 Maybe they recently stopped offering them? DH decided to go over to Yak & Yet and get an order to go. They were pricey--about $8 I think--but they were the best part of our meal. Next time we will just do TS at Yak and Yeti, we already made the ADR for our December trip!

More great updates!

The boys face paint turned out really good....did it stay that way for long in the heat?

The picture of Ella at the finding nemo show is too cute...it looks like she really enjoyed it.

How nice of your MIL to rent the stroller....that must have made a big difference for the kids in the park!

Looking forward to hearing more:thumbsup2

Thanks! The face painting held up surprisingly well. Max especially would forget about it though and rub his face--which didn't help. After eating, it started rubbing off more. It was certainly worth it for the day. You'll see by dinner time they look a little goofy though.

It was great that MIL rented a stroller. My kids would have done fine with our double stroller and the boys taking turns. But SIL and BIL wanted to travel light and thought their 4 and 6 yr old wouldn't need a stroller. Heck, with kids, even their stuff needs a stroller! :laughing: The park strollers were nice because the kids could hop in and out and enjoyed riding with their cousins. Honestly, Kyle (6) didn't use the stroller much, so we could have just used a single stroller. Max and Avery had so much fun riding together though, so it was nice. And sometimes three of them would pile in at once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter