2400 pictures! Beach Club, Universal, and Bay Lake Tower Grand Villa-COMPLETE!

After lunch, we went to the Boneyard. The kids always have a great time there. It's a little nerve racking with 4 little ones running around. A few of us went in with them, and a few stayed out near the exit to make sure no one escaped! (Of course we stayed with Ella in there! She liked digging in the rocks!) I think the guys took this time to go on Dinosaur too. Not my favorite ride, so I skipped it.
DSCF1858.jpg

DSCF1859.jpg

DSCF1866.jpg

DSCF1870.jpg

DSCF1874.jpg

DSCF1875.jpg

DH ran and got us fast passes for Kilamanjaro Safari while the kids were playing too. We regrouped and went to see It's Tough to be a Bug. Max absolutely refused to go in, so DH stayed out with him. A dark show is always a good nursing break for Ella, so I automatically get to go! ;) DH and Max explored the surrounding area while we were in the show and Max was happy because he got some kind of stamp book.
DSCF1897.jpg

DSCF1889-1.jpg

DSCF1891.jpg

We started walking to Kilamanjaro Safari, but the kids were distracted by the tatoos. Grandma said she'd pay for all the kids to get one, so they were very happy! (Spoiled, aren't they?!)

Kyle quickly picked out a shark tatoo, so he went first.
DSCF1902.jpg
DSCF1904.jpg

One of Jacob's favorite movies is The Nightmare Before Christmas, so when I saw him looking at tatoos of those characters, I thought he'd get Jack Skellington. But NO, he picked a big green glob, called Oogie Boogie. I guess he's supposed to be the Boogie Man, but the tatoo didn't translate too well unless you looked closely and were a big Nightmare fan. To me it was a $6 green blob on his arm! :laughing:
DSCF1903.jpg

DSCF1912.jpg

Avery got a Hannah Montana tatoo of course, and Max picked Frozone. Another surprising choice! I don't even think he knows who Frozone is! :laughing: Those tatoos definately last a long time though. They had them on for at least a week after we returned home!

DSCF1914.jpg
DSCF1916.jpg

DSCF1911.jpg

Coming next: Kilamanjaro Safari and Jammin' Jungle Parade

yep i am one of the 12000 views, really enjoying your tr. i dont comment often but i do like reading along. i love the face painting but my kids tend to start rubbing it and ruining it in under a half hour and that makes me a little crazy. maybe i should get one for me instead;)

Face painting and tattoo's. Maybe this year I will let my 12 year old get a tattoo instead of a Henna that she got last year and smeared it before it was dry. Love the pics.

yep i am one of the 12000 views, really enjoying your tr. i dont comment often but i do like reading along. i love the face painting but my kids tend to start rubbing it and ruining it in under a half hour and that makes me a little crazy. maybe i should get one for me instead;)

:rotfl: Thanks for chiming in! I'm just glad people are reading it! I would have quit writing it a long time ago if so many people weren't along for the ride. Jacob keeps asking me when I'll be done writing about the trip so I can start making our photobooks!

Love your pics, great camera! What did you use?
Thanks! I use a Fugi FinePix 40F. It's certainly no professional camera, but it does a good enough job, it's very portable, and it's super easy to use. It's the second one I've owned--because I keep dropping my camera! :laughing:

Face painting and tattoo's. Maybe this year I will let my 12 year old get a tattoo instead of a Henna that she got last year and smeared it before it was dry. Love the pics.
I know, right? We spoil our kids enough, but with an aunt and uncle, and grandparents along, they were super spoiled! Just wait...there's more!

I just got caught up. I love your pix! They are really good ones. All the kids are so cute. :lovestruc I like that group shot of Avery pouting. haha! :goodvibes That face painting looks neat, and the tattoos too! I am so allergic to everything that I can't do face paint. I will never forget the time I dressed up for halloween as a witch, complete with green face paint. Talk about a horrible rash!

I love the face painting and tattoos. I thought eggrolls were on the menu as well. Hmmmm...

Can't wait to hear more!!

Just found your trip report and am loving it! I have a DD who is currently 16 months. I keep looking again and again at the pictures of Bella because she looks so much older than my daughter Carrington. She has so much beautiful hair!!! haha. Carrington is not only small for her age but she has very short whipsy white blond hair so she looks quite young. We actually did a big multigenerational trip like yours back in Jan for her first birthday with my husband's family. I'm so jealous of the Grand Villa. They were all booked for our stay so we did a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom instead at Kidani. Doing a Grand at some point is definitely on the to do list though, especially after seeing those pictures.

Looking forward to more!

Now I'm reading your TR! Really enjoying it....only on page 4 though. Beach/Yacht Club is where DS8 wants to stay next time...DD4 wants the GF...we will see who wins;) I was reading your post about wishing there was a plan with 2TS instead of 3. That really would be nice, wouldn't it? 3 big meals is too much food. We ate in the CL lounge most mornings and used our credits for Signatures and dinner shows which worked out well for us. And like y'all, we didn't use all of our snack credits so we bought loads of candy, rice crispy treats, cotton candy, etc. on the last day.

Looking forward to reading more. By the way, nice pictures!

Okay, now I have finished reading your TR! I really liked the IOA pictures. We have thought about taking the kids, but thought they were too young:confused3....perhaps they aren't. If we do go, we will certainly take advantage of their hotel. Do you know if they will allow 5 people in a room? I know y'all had 5, but one was a baby. Didn't know if their rules were the same as Disney. Was there plenty to do for younger children?

I just got caught up. I love your pix! They are really good ones. All the kids are so cute. :lovestruc I like that group shot of Avery pouting. haha! :goodvibes That face painting looks neat, and the tattoos too! I am so allergic to everything that I can't do face paint. I will never forget the time I dressed up for halloween as a witch, complete with green face paint. Talk about a horrible rash!
Thanks! The face painting really amuses the kids, so I'm sure it is a tradition now! They'll probably always associate Animal Kingdom with face painting.

I love the face painting and tattoos. I thought eggrolls were on the menu as well. Hmmmm...

Can't wait to hear more!!
I was surprised about the eggrolls. I don't know what the word is on the restaurant board now. Maybe it was just a temporary thing? :confused3

Just found your trip report and am loving it! I have a DD who is currently 16 months. I keep looking again and again at the pictures of Bella because she looks so much older than my daughter Carrington. She has so much beautiful hair!!! haha. Carrington is not only small for her age but she has very short whipsy white blond hair so she looks quite young. We actually did a big multigenerational trip like yours back in Jan for her first birthday with my husband's family. I'm so jealous of the Grand Villa. They were all booked for our stay so we did a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom instead at Kidani. Doing a Grand at some point is definitely on the to do list though, especially after seeing those pictures.

Looking forward to more!

Thank you! Ella was born with a ton of dark brown hair. She never lost any of it and it is gradually turning blond. Everyone thinks she is older because of all the hair even though she is pretty little for her age too. :laughing:

Now I'm reading your TR! Really enjoying it....only on page 4 though. Beach/Yacht Club is where DS8 wants to stay next time...DD4 wants the GF...we will see who wins;) I was reading your post about wishing there was a plan with 2TS instead of 3. That really would be nice, wouldn't it? 3 big meals is too much food. We ate in the CL lounge most mornings and used our credits for Signatures and dinner shows which worked out well for us. And like y'all, we didn't use all of our snack credits so we bought loads of candy, rice crispy treats, cotton candy, etc. on the last day.

Looking forward to reading more. By the way, nice pictures!

:rotfl: I'm still throwing out candy we brought home from our trip last September! (A little bit at a time so the kids don't miss it!)

Okay, now I have finished reading your TR! I really liked the IOA pictures. We have thought about taking the kids, but thought they were too young:confused3....perhaps they aren't. If we do go, we will certainly take advantage of their hotel. Do you know if they will allow 5 people in a room? I know y'all had 5, but one was a baby. Didn't know if their rules were the same as Disney. Was there plenty to do for younger children?

Thanks! I think four is the maximum occupancy for the hotels, but they may have suites with greater occupancy. Not sure. I definately recomend both IOA and US for little kids. There was plenty to do! DH and I usually take turns going on rides that the kids are too small for as well, which is very easy with express access! It doesn't leave anyone waiting too long.

Great TR! Just found it and spent too much work time reading it. :rotfl2:

I think we left off with the whole group heading over to the Safari. Here are a few pictures along the way...
DSCF1918.jpg

DSCF1919.jpg

DSCF1922.jpg

How is it that there are always so many people in the stand by lines? Do some people not know about Fast Passes? Used strategically, we hardly ever waited at all! Sometimes I feel badly walking by everyone else.
DSCF1923.jpg

DSCF1925.jpg

DSCF1926.jpg

The Safari ride is always a nice relaxing break.
DSCF1930.jpg

DSCF1935.jpg

We had a giraffe that stuck to our car like glue for the first part of the ride. Once we finally got past it, it met up with us again later! :laughing:
DSCF1940.jpg

DSCF1943.jpg

DSCF1948.jpg

I told you that the ride is relaxing!...
DSCF1956.jpg

We had done and seen everything that we really wanted to for the day, so we scoped out a good spot to watch the parade. We also sought out some ice cream. Everyone was hungry and hot!

Nice pictures. The picture is so cute of your daughter sleeping. To tell you the truth I have fallen asleep in a few of the shows towards the end of the week last year.

Hi great trip report! Your kids are all so cute, and especially loving all the food pics! I'm currently thinking about ADRs for our trip and l have to say that this report is certainly giving me a few good ideas over where to go. Loving your DHs food rating system too :rotfl:

Nice pictures. The picture is so cute of your daughter sleeping. To tell you the truth I have fallen asleep in a few of the shows towards the end of the week last year.
Thanks! I always get sleepy on TTA and Spaceship Earth. We always use rides like these and shows to get our babies down for a nap. :lmao: Just like taking a ride in the car.

Hi great trip report! Your kids are all so cute, and especially loving all the food pics! I'm currently thinking about ADRs for our trip and l have to say that this report is certainly giving me a few good ideas over where to go. Loving your DHs food rating system too :rotfl:
:welcome: Thank you! I'm sorry I quit taking food pics after my IL's joined the trip.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this!!!:lmao: Halloween, Easter, school parties,.....Disney World!!:rotfl:
:thumbsup2 They're happy just having it! They don't need to have their candy and eat it too! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter