22 Days at Bonnet Creek -Live Trip Report

Day 23 - Monday 29th August
Due to Virgin prices being so ridiculously high this year we had booked with Delta so unfortunately an indirect flight on the way home changing at JFK. Our flight time was brought forward an hour leaving at 11.40am which meant I didn't even have time for my early morning swim today. We were all packed from last night so on the road at 8.45. Smooth trip to the airport, we always go on the 528. I am always so relieved to drop the car off having not had any issues. This was our 13th trip so I had a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that there might be atleast one little issue this trip, thankfully there wasn't. This was the first year the car rental person hadn't asked me about the extra insurance. I always give in and pay up but as it wasn't mentioned, I didn't mention it either. Very glad I didn't now as saved me over £100. For first time we were asked if we wanted someone to take our bags to the check in. We said yes as one case broken. So glad we did. We assumed they would just take them to check in. When we got there, big queue for Delta but the guy said he would check us in outside. He literally took our passports, went to a computer, tagged all the bags and we were done. David had given him $10 when we got to check in thinking that was it. Afterwards I was thinking if $10 was really enough as he saved us so much time. Anyway, I recommend that service, definitely worth it. Flight on time to JFK. We had a four hour wait there so there was no rush. As first flight was Delta and second was Virgin we had to exit terminal and get the Sky Train which was really easy, then check in with Virgin again at terminal 4. I was expecting loads of sit down restaurants but only two, so we opted for the Irish pub. The food was good and David had beers and it ended up being most expensive meal of whole holiday at $95. It wasnt ourbest meal (we had so many) but it was nice to sit there for 90 minutes. They started boarding our flight just before 5.30 and did have to wait for a while after we were al on. The service was very good again. Have been really impressed with Virgin for last couple of years after having two years whe we didn't fly with them. I think they are so much better than the American Airlines. One thing that annoys me on the US airlines is that no one seems to take notice of the seat belt signs. On the delta flight there were people once again getting up literally a few minutes after take off to go to the toilet. Always makes me nervous when I see people getting out of their seat when they shouldn't. The cabin crew don't ever make any announcements like they do on Virgin.
So arrived 30 minutes early at Heathrow. Big queue for immigration, but nothing compared to MCO and it went really quickly. Bags were already there and so was our driver. We were home in Reigate by 8am which is actually earlier than we usually get home after flying into Gatwick which is only 10 minutes away.
So that's it. A great holiday once again. Was thinking I would do a highs and lows but I am going to be scraping the barrel for any lows. Honestly, I can't think of anything right now. We have been so lucky this year with holidays. Been on four and all been great. Bit depressing that I don't have anything booked up, I'll have to sort that out pretty quickly.
Thanks for reading along.

A fun packed last day :goodvibes we have never been to Longhorns but after reading your report I might put it down to try. Which one do you visit?
Only restaurant we went to four times. Really can't beat it for steaks and they have the best jacket potato I ever tasted. Glad in a way there is one here, we'd be there every week. We go to the one next to Premium Outlets

Congratulations on Henry's fantastic exam results. An A* in Maths wow.

Really enjoyed all your updates like hearing about different places to eat and things to do.
Thank you. Henry amazes me with maths. He just gets it. I'm so glad he is good at something that will actually help him get a job in the real world. It was all so easy when I left school. Tough for the kids now.
Thanks for reading along.

Only restaurant we went to four times. Really can't beat it for steaks and they have the best jacket potato I ever tasted. Glad in a way there is one here, we'd be there every week. We go to the one next to Premium Outlets

Thank you :thumbsup2

Glad you had a good flight home, we are flying with Delta too at Christmas but connect in Atlanta. As you said, Virgin prices were just so high. It's so nice not to have any lows, I get you are already planning your trip back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter