22 Days at Bonnet Creek -Live Trip Report

We are in building 3, never been this side of the lake before. Our favourite is building 4 as we like being close to the main pool and like the building 4 pool. However, I am quite liking 3, so quiet and you have you own little pool downstairs and next to hotel pool too. We still walk around to main pool, only 5 minutes, not an issue. Ther are lots of firework view rooms which are popular but you can see the fireworks from the lake.
I hope you get to stay here.

nice to know that it doesn't really matter which building..
i really do want to try it, and being just the two of us, it's the best way to take it for a dry run!!
by the way, where is the winn dixie you go to? i've never shopped there, only at the other chain....can't remember the name...it's over near walgreens (across that big road)..
but i'd like to try WD this time...

£12 a night is great. Definitely can't pass on that. I remember your visit to Steak 'n Shake. Have to say never had a bad experience. Will definitely go back. When will you be in Orlando this year.
We leave the UK on 15th Sept, fly to Barcelona for 2 nights, board Disney Magic 17th Sept for 11 nights Transatlantic cruise, disembark in New York 28th Sept for 4 nights, fly down to Orlando 2nd Oct, LBV for 4 nights then finish with 2 nights at Port Canaveral, fly home 8th Oct, first time in Virgin Upper Class :)

I hope you love it as much as we do. My friends and family have all stayed here too and love it as much as us.
I have lost count of how many nights we have had here. Must be coming up on 200. Only thing that we had to call up about in all that time was a faulty safe, we couldn't get it open!
We just love it here. I especially love the pools in the morning. Always have them to myself.
Im pretty sure we're gonna love it, we usually stay somewhere similar, it's just that BC looks bigger and more up to date. Hopefully this will be our new ' home from home '. Can't wait to have a few days chill after the Disney/Universal onslaught haha.

Loving your TR, it's making me so excited for our trip :). Just wish ours was for 22 nights :sad1: :laughing:

We love steak and shake...we are planning on visiting at least twice in November!

nice to know that it doesn't really matter which building..
i really do want to try it, and being just the two of us, it's the best way to take it for a dry run!!
by the way, where is the winn dixie you go to? i've never shopped there, only at the other chain....can't remember the name...it's over near walgreens (across that big road)..
but i'd like to try WD this time...
We go to this one.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...x88dd80109aa5c969:0xb78502ed0fdd73e7?hl=en-gb

Henry and I usually start in Twistee Treat and meet David in there after by which time he has done most of the shopping. I was in there yesterday morning to buy a birthday cake at 9am and I was only person in there. I had about four staff looking after me. Was like having a personal shopper.
I think this is nearest big supermarket to BC with exception of the one as Crossroads, but really don't like it there.

Im pretty sure we're gonna love it, we usually stay somewhere similar, it's just that BC looks bigger and more up to date. Hopefully this will be our new ' home from home '. Can't wait to have a few days chill after the Disney/Universal onslaught haha.

Loving your TR, it's making me so excited for our trip :). Just wish ours was for 22 nights :sad1: :laughing:
Thanks for reading along. This is the third one I have done. I look back on them before our trip just to get in the mood. Wish I had done them since the beginning.

We leave the UK on 15th Sept, fly to Barcelona for 2 nights, board Disney Magic 17th Sept for 11 nights Transatlantic cruise, disembark in New York 28th Sept for 4 nights, fly down to Orlando 2nd Oct, LBV for 4 nights then finish with 2 nights at Port Canaveral, fly home 8th Oct, first time in Virgin Upper Class :)
I love people who know how to go on holiday!! I have enough points for two of us to go upper class to New York so when the time comes that we can leave Henry on his own ( he says he doesn't want to come with us) then we will go. We will stay at the Waldorf. Stayed at the one in Rome this year and loved it.
Your trip sounds great. Still haven't managed to get my boys on a cruise, one day.

We go to this one.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...x88dd80109aa5c969:0xb78502ed0fdd73e7?hl=en-gb

Henry and I usually start in Twistee Treat and meet David in there after by which time he has done most of the shopping. I was in there yesterday morning to buy a birthday cake at 9am and I was only person in there. I had about four staff looking after me. Was like having a personal shopper.
I think this is nearest big supermarket to BC with exception of the one as Crossroads, but really don't like it there.

thanks!

I love people who know how to go on holiday!! I have enough points for two of us to go upper class to New York so when the time comes that we can leave Henry on his own ( he says he doesn't want to come with us) then we will go. We will stay at the Waldorf. Stayed at the one in Rome this year and loved it.
Your trip sounds great. Still haven't managed to get my boys on a cruise, one day.
Waldorf for our dates = £500/nt.
I still have to book a hotel in NYC, should have booked months ago, prices are crazy now, nothing reasonable under £250/nt.
Used 50,000 aimiles each + cash. I would never pay full price so probably a one off.
They really need to try a cruise. I have zero interest in the parks recently but can't wait to get back on The Magic.
We will visit Busch & Sea World using our AP's but not going into Disney or Universal again this year.

I've just caught up on your trip, looking forward to reading more. I have read elsewhere that the parks have been quieter than normal for August, if our exchange rate gets any worse there might be fewer Brits next year!

Day 6 - Friday 12th August
Henry's 16th birthday today, where has the time gone. Made a quick dash to Winn Dixie for cake and balloons. Henry had said not to worry about a cake but didn't seem right somehow. Got a huge red velvet cake and was back in time before Henry woke up. So opened cards and presents, he has more money than me now! Birthday cake for breakfast and then a quick swim in tower 3 pool which was empty and then onto Disney Springs to see a film. Being 16 Henry obviously didn't want to see Petes Dragon so he and David watched Sausage Party. He loved it but David told me after that it was possibly the worse film he had ever seen. I really didn't want to know the details but so glad I didn't see it as sure it's not the type of film a boy should watch with his mum. I on the other hand cried all the way through my movie. Petes Dragon was my favourite film as a kid and I loved the remake. Then broke our golden rule of not eating lunch and dinner out and went to the fish and chip shop next to Raglan road. It was pretty good though. This is when we made our mistake, or should I say Henry did. We went to have a look at Sprinkles, the new cup cake place. Looked good but pretty expensive. Being Henry's birthday I said he could have whatever he liked so he went for a cookie sandwich. You choose two cookies and any flavour ice cream. It was huge. We kept waiting for him to ask us to finish it but he said it was too good to share. Then off to bowling which was fun for the first half hour until the cookie sandwich took hold. Henry looked pretty pale. Just a case of eating too much, nothing serious but I think he learnt a lesson. David and I finished the bowling. I really like the bowling alley. We usually get there early for the $12 deal. The food always looks good but don't think we ever ordered anything except drinks before. Back at BC Henry had a little lay down and was worried that was him done for the day. Thankfully he recovered by 5pm and we headed over to Typhoon Lagoon. Luckily the rain had come and gone and seemed to have emptied the park, good for us. All the slides read five minutes. Henry had his go pro and took some good film but we mainly had fun going round the lazy river, only ones in it and then a few times on storm slides and crush n gusher. Back to the lazy river until park close when they made us get out. Our tickets expired today but we had 4 uses out of them this trip and probably 6 last year. I think they were $99 each so pretty good value. Shame they didn't last longer.
Henry wanted to spend some birthday money and for first time ever he asked to go to Premium Outlets. Usually his worst nightmare. We normally drop David off there while we go aquatica then come back for him. Anyway he got three tops from Addidas and was really pleased with them. He even wants to go back. David so happy as he loves to shop. Despite Henry saying earlier he was never eating again, he declared he was starving. It was 9pm and the original plan had been Longhornes so we went straight there. 10 minute wait although they said 30. Had a great waitress, all had the American steak dinner for $12.99, Henry had an upgrade but loads of food and bill was $50. I really don't think anywhere can beat that. Food was so good and fresh. Great atmosphere in there.
So another late night for us which is unusual. Every year we say we need to stay out later but we pack so much in the day that we are just too tired. I think that's the secret, next to plan too much.

I've just caught up on your trip, looking forward to reading more. I have read elsewhere that the parks have been quieter than normal for August, if our exchange rate gets any worse there might be fewer Brits next year!
Waterparks are definitely quieter but Universal seemed really busy. Not doing Disney. I hope the exchange rate improves. I paid for everything ages ago and changed money at 1.47 along time ago so this year no more expensive than normal for us.

Waldorf for our dates = £500/nt.
I still have to book a hotel in NYC, should have booked months ago, prices are crazy now, nothing reasonable under £250/nt.
Used 50,000 aimiles each + cash. I would never pay full price so probably a one off.
They really need to try a cruise. I have zero interest in the parks recently but can't wait to get back on The Magic.
We will visit Busch & Sea World using our AP's but not going into Disney or Universal again this year.
We booked the one in Rome about 8 months in advance. We paid £1300 for business class flights and four nights club level where everything was included all day and night as well as spa access. It was a fantastic holiday. I have seen some good deals for Waldorf in New York if you book during the Hilton sale. I know there is a Wyndham there. Have you tried asking Ken price if he can book anything for you.

We booked the one in Rome about 8 months in advance. We paid £1300 for business class flights and four nights club level where everything was included all day and night as well as spa access. It was a fantastic holiday. I have seen some good deals for Waldorf in New York if you book during the Hilton sale. I know there is a Wyndham there. Have you tried asking Ken price if he can book anything for you.
Yes, got in touch with Ken in January but price was $1,610 for a studio for 4 nights. He did say to try again nearer.

No idea where time goes, Matt had his 22nd Birthday 2 weeks ago. He is still going on 3 out of 4 holidays with us this year.

Day 7 - Saturday 13th August
We were all pretty tired from yesterday so even I was up late. I went to the pool on my own and got chatting to some nice people. Then the guys watched football and then joined me for a while but were eager to get back to the room to watch more football! There were two premier league games on live. I stayed at the hotel pool for a while but it was just too hot today, think the warmest so far.
After the match we drove to steak and shake and just got milkshakes to take away. They were pretty good. The restaurant was packed and I understand why, a great deal for lunch. Then off to the Fun Spot in Kissimmee for first time. Luckily I had looked at the map before I went and saw there was a back way there down I Drive South. Glad I checked as traffic was terrible down the 535. Was so quick to get there, no traffic atall, first time I had ever driven that way and finally went past that hotel, Gaylord Palms. Henry took a picture of the name to send to his friends, 16 year olds!!!
So it was roasting hot at Fun Spot, queued up to get the wrist bands ( have annual passes) then total nightmare, I hadn't brought them with me. In all the years I have been coming here that the first time I forgot to bring tickets. I felt so bad for the guys as they were looking forward to the go carts and there were some other good rides there. Anyway, they were fine with it so we walked down Old Town. I stayed right across the street from Old Town in 1989 with my best friend on a Club 18-30 holiday (seriously). We were both 20 and must have been the only time anyone went on a club 18-30 holiday and weren't allowed to drink. It was fun but feels like so long ago. Had never been back to Kissimmee since then so it was good to have a look round. So back in the car to BC took 15 minutes. We all were ready for the pool and just as we got there they closed them due to lightening, not our day. Didn't even rain. So Henry and I decided to see a movie at Disney Springs. Decided on Star Trek, only showing in fork and dine which we thought might be fun. Headed off and so much traffic. Orange garage already closed so parked in Lime. We still had 15 minutes to spare and weren't to worried but when we got to cinema it was sold out. Definitely not our day. Nothing else starting anytime soon so decided to call it a day. The place was packed then suddenly remembered it was a Saturday night so probably wasn't a good idea. Took forever to get out the car park and when we did get home we just stayed in and had hot dogs. A nice movie on HBO, Brooklyn so I watched that and I think I must have been fast asleep by 9.30. I had originally thought we were going to Discovery Cove on Sunday but luckily I checked and actually Monday. Really looking forward to that.

Sounds like Henry had a great birthday! He's turned a corner now he is 16....shopping at the outlets :thumbsup2 Sorry mum haha.

:goodvibesFancy forgetting the tickets (I would have been so mad with myself), at least you have plenty more time to go back! Glad Henry enjoyed his birthday, my daughter has always wanted to go for hers but as it is the end of September she will have to wait until school, then college finishes.

Day 8 - Sunday 14th August
As I went to bed so early last night I actually set my alarm for 8am because I really don't want to get into the habit of sleeping late every day which is easily done. So was in the pool again, this time the one at tower 3' doing my lengths by 8.30am. Only one there again which was fine by me. Stayed about an hour and the guys were up when I went back upstairs. We all headed over to the lazy river at tower 5 and decided we would leave breakfast and have an early lunch at Bosphorus, a great little Turkish place at Dr Phillips, right next door to Toojays, another favourite of ours. We had a delicious meal but the most expensive yet at $86. Last year we had a groupon voucher so hadn't really realised how expensive it was. The place was full of locals which was a good sign.
Then decided to give Fun Spot another go, after making sure I had the tickets. No sooner had we got there, a mighty storm closed the place. We stuck it out then the guys went on the carts which David said were pretty hair raising. But they looked like they were having fun. Henry went on some really scary rides, I couldn't even watch.
Then Henry asked if he could go to Premium Outlets. He hated the place last year and now this is the second time he wanted to go. So we went to the Addidas short while David went to the shops across the road. Henry couldn't decide so we'll have to go back again. A quick stop at Publix for canoli's (we discovered these in St Petes a couple of years ago, there's one littl e place in Reigate that sells them but £5 each so we always treat ourselves here). Back to BC and over to the main pool for ball games and lazy river. We have been in the water so much this year.
We're all pretty tired to just switched on HBO and The Intern was on. Nice movie. Would of course liked to have watched the Olympics but the coverage here is truly awful. Weren't even showing the 100m final live so I have been have the live feed on The BBC website and my friend has been whatsapping every time we win a gold. For a country that win so many medals I don't understand why you can't watch it. Just shows how superior the BBC is I suppose.
Ended up being a late night for me, gone 11. Alarm set for 7am for Discovery Cove.

Would have though NBC would give good coverage, they paid the largest TV rights fee in Olympics history at $4.38 billion. Maybe they are broadcasting on channels you can't receive? or their website might cover it. Strange to pay all that but not show everything.
I don't watch usually but saw last 15 mins of golf and mens tennis final. Last night saw some bike racing, a bit boring just going round and round for over 100 laps but we got a silver haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter